Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,666 members, 7,823,883 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Waiver Application: PDP Decides Ribadu, Marwa, Others Fate Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Waiver Application: PDP Decides Ribadu, Marwa, Others Fate Today (1067 Views)

Kogi Poll: Court Decides Wada, Bello, Faleke’s Fate Today / How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable / PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Waiver Application: PDP Decides Ribadu, Marwa, Others Fate Today by idumuose(m): 10:27am On Aug 20, 2014
By Chibuzo Ukaibe

— Aug 20, 2014 | 1 Comment

Barring any last minute changes, the National Working Committee, NWC of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP), will today meet over applications for waiver forwarded to the party by three of the aspirants ahead of the October 11 gubernatorial election in Adamawa State.

It was gathered that some of the aspirants whose applications for waiver will be deliberated upon include, former presidential aspirant, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, General Buba Marwa (rtd), a former military administrator of Lagos State and one other whose identity was not immediately known as at press time.

A party source told LEADERSHIP that the “NWC would deliberate on the applications of the aspirants on merit” adding that it will then take “appropriate decision and give anticipatory approval where necessary on behalf of the party’s National Executive Committee, NEC if they scaled through all hurdles in line with provisions of the party’s constitution.”

Ribadu had in compliance with Section 50 of PDP’s constitution applied for waiver from the leadership of the party to allow him contest the governorship primary election.

But, while picking his form, former political aide to President Goodluck Jonathan, had questioned the eligibility of Ribadu and Marwa to contest the election on ground that they have not been granted waiver to contest.

But, while commenting on the development, the National Secretary of the Party, Professor Wale Oladipo told newsmen that they have gotten waiver applications from others states besides Adamawa adding however that “all applications would be treated on merits.”

However, the number of aspirants in the Adamawa governorship bye election has increased to 14 yesterday as Senator Abubakar Haliru Girei collected his express of interest and nomination forms.

”Senator Girei is not afraid of anybody but one is not saying that the former chairman of EFCC is not a governorship material. All the aspirants that I have seen that have come forward for Adamawa governorship seat are good materials but I want to say that Senator Girei is a better material. He will stand for transparency, he will stand for the rule of law and he will stand for progress,” Tika declared.

http://leadership.ng/news/381504/waiver-application-pdp-decides-ribadu-marwa-others-fate-today
Re: Waiver Application: PDP Decides Ribadu, Marwa, Others Fate Today by idumuose(m): 10:37am On Aug 20, 2014
Ribadu is the person that the federal government is backing.Others should not waste their money buying "letter of intent" to contest Adamawa election

2 Likes

Re: Waiver Application: PDP Decides Ribadu, Marwa, Others Fate Today by tomakint: 10:50am On Aug 20, 2014
idumuose: Ribadu is the person that the federal government is backing.Others should not waste their money buying "letter of intent" to contest Adamawa election
As for me, I prefer Buba Marwa anytime, anyday! He is far more experienced (being former military governors of old Gongola and Lagos States), more innovative (his operation sweep policing helped against crime in Lagos then) Ribadu is just a clown and I am sorry the FG is backing the wrong nigga, won't you agree?

2 Likes

Re: Waiver Application: PDP Decides Ribadu, Marwa, Others Fate Today by Vanityupnvanity(m): 10:55am On Aug 20, 2014
tomakint:
As for me, I prefer Buba Marwa anytime, anyday! He is far more experienced (being former military governors of old Gongola and Lagos States), more innovative (his operation sweep policing helped against crime in Lagos then) Ribadu is just a clown and I am sorry the FG is backing the wrong nigga, won't you agree?
yea, u are right!
Re: Waiver Application: PDP Decides Ribadu, Marwa, Others Fate Today by y2jbc: 11:25am On Aug 20, 2014
!!!!!! How can you compel marwa to Ribadu?color=#006600][/color]
Re: Waiver Application: PDP Decides Ribadu, Marwa, Others Fate Today by CharlesPhc: 11:45am On Aug 20, 2014
Adamawa people do not want any retired military personel to mal-handle them like Nyako did. Ribadu seem the best for now and if he wins and carries all stake holders in Adamawa state and the north east region properly, he may likely take over from GEJ in 2019 as the Northern flag bearer of PDP
Re: Waiver Application: PDP Decides Ribadu, Marwa, Others Fate Today by idumuose(m): 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
Yes,i agree with you.Buba Marwa will make a good governor any day but then we also should not overlook the fact that Ribadu could be better.

The point is i believe the person that whoever that triumphs in the election has the backing of the fed.govt.
tomakint:
Re: Waiver Application: PDP Decides Ribadu, Marwa, Others Fate Today by deeobserver209(m): 3:51pm On Aug 21, 2014
Nuhu Ribadu is the best candidate.
Re: Waiver Application: PDP Decides Ribadu, Marwa, Others Fate Today by shizzle11(m): 4:04pm On Aug 21, 2014
tomakint:
I agree with you, I prefer Marwa. PDP needs to be careful with this Ribadu plan
Re: Waiver Application: PDP Decides Ribadu, Marwa, Others Fate Today by solomakindees(m): 4:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
tomakint:
Marwa is the bomb!
Ribadu is a confused man. Watch out, if he loses the nomination to Marwa, he will jump to Labour party and call PDP a party of looters.
He is too naive to be a politician, unless Jonah just wants a clueless governor in Adamawa.

(1) (Reply)

Ribadu Speaks At Last - 'why I Defected' / I Didn't Marry To Avoid Being Caught -robbery Kingpin / Engr. Seyi Makinde Launches Online Digital Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.