Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

The "Lol" Acronym In Nigerian Politics. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The "Lol" Acronym In Nigerian Politics. (979 Views)

Remita Is An Acronym For (remi Tinubu And Ahmed) Collected N60 Billion. / Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos / Some Well Known Name Acronym In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The "Lol" Acronym In Nigerian Politics. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 20, 2014
The "Lol" acronym in Nigeria politics.
(APC as a case study)

As it is hard to locate the origin of "Lol" in social media, so its hard to be universal about its meaning.
Some said it originated from users of Yahoo messanger, while some opined that it is from medieval British comedians.
About it meaning, some said it mean "laughing out loud" , while some objected that it means "lots of love" .
Nigerians however did not give a damn about its origin, as it has become a 'do without' in their every day social media conversation.
Nigerians use the acronym every now and then to express that the other party's action or words made them laugh, even if thats not true.
In other word, Nigerians cast their lot with those who said "Lol" mean "Laughing out loud".
It is also worthy to note that Nigerians sometimes use "LOL" to mean that the laughter is so heavy. While they use "lol" to express a mild laughter.

Indeed, Nigerian politics is no different from comical shows. Many events , especially since the formation of APC, are so ridiculous and unbelieveable that if care is not taken, one may become hypertensive. Except you help your self by laughing it out as loud as you can.
The following are some of the "LOL" or "lol" worthy events.

PDP media soldiers said, APC agents are the ones who paid the ticket fee of Patrick Surya to Nigeria, so he could use Ebola disease to discredit Federal government. That, the plan was that Patrick Surya will infected people in Abuja, but unfortunately he broke down in Lagos. APC warriors too hit back saying, PDP agents hatched the plan to use Ebola to distabilise their states, as APC states are the only ones battling with the deadly virus.
Funny overfed old men. I give this one the big "LOL" !

During 2011 general election, almighty Tinubu went to Kwara state to campaign in support of Dele Begore under the banner of ACN (now APC).
Tinubu charged the people of Kwara to do away with the "Wolve family" feeding on the flesh of Kwarans.
He recounted Adedibu's popular quote about Kwarans. At the prime of Adedibu's reign in Oyo state, he was asked whether he will nominate his son for governorship election. Adedibu simply replied, "Ah, my people of Oyo are no morons like the people of Kwara who will allow one man to keep imposing his children on them" .
However, almighty Tinubu and those he refered to as "Wolve family" are now on the same table, dinning excitingly together.
And when he was asked about it, he simply retorted, "whoever God has chosen to lead, let him lead" .
This event made me laugh many times, and that is why I will give it a block "LOL" .

Chief Oyinlola, a former governor of Osun state recently decamp to APC, then APC media warriors said he made the right decision, he is a good man, he have the people's interest at heart. But when a power drunk Ribadu dump their party for his assumed "winner's party" , APC media Samurais deafen us with, he is confused, he has made the greastest mistake of his life, his career will never remain smooth again.
But i did not laugh so much on this particular event, so I will just give it a small "lol" .

Some years back APC governments, especially at Lagos state and Kwara state, proclaimed that standard education is highly expensive to provide, thus it will come with a very high price tag. And that was ably demonstrated in School fees of Lagos state University as well as Kwara state university.
But recently, many APC states are in the era of "school fees reduction". All of a suddenly, they announce more than 70% reduction in their school fees. Are they not interested in giving us "standard education" again ?
The fact is, APC faltered in Ekiti, and they barely came through in Osun, thus, the fear of 2015 election is the beginning of "school fee reduction era".
They think they can always fool the people. So funny, "LOL" .

When 'righteous man' Buhari narrowly escaped the recent attemp on his life, APC gladiators said, "Nigeria would scatter , if the attempt had been successful". But actually they did not mean Nigeria, they mean APC will scatter. Because if 'righteous man' Buhari dies, thats pratically the end of APC in the North. They just sugarcoat their fears. Very funny potbelly old guys. "LOL" !

Finally, I hope this last one will not land me in the net of SSS, because its about our beloved President Ebele Goodluck Jonathan.
I hope am not the only one that has noticed that our President cannot adress the Country without reading from a note prepared for him.
Even at the Fund raising night for victims of terrorism, our dear President could not adress the victims offhand, until he brought out the textbooks prepared for him, and start reading like a Secondary school press club boy, as usual.
Little wonder he did not talk at the US-Africa summit recently held in United States. Perhaps, he feared that if he start talking there from text books, the American journalist may ask him questions like, "are you formerly a newscaster, sir ? "
This does not make me laugh so well, thats why I initially gave it "lol" .
Until I saw a jingle on the TV where some propagandists were drawing similarities between our dear President and world superb leaders like Lee Kuan yew, Marthing Luther King jnr, Nelson Mandela and Barack Obama. And since then, I cant stop laughing. Thus, I will give this one "LOL" "LOL" "LOL" !

Thanks to Democracy, while the citzens can get busy with making fun of those they called their "leaders" , their "leaders" too can get busy with embezzeling public fund, and impoverishing the citizens. Lol !
Re: The "Lol" Acronym In Nigerian Politics. by brownlord: 2:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
abiodunalasa: The "Lol" acronym in Nigeria politics.
(APC as a case study)

As it is hard to locate the origin of "Lol" in social media, so its hard to be universal about its meaning.
Some said it originated from users of Yahoo messanger, while some opined that it is from medieval British comedians.
About it meaning, some said it mean "laughing out loud" , while some objected that it means "lots of love" .
Nigerians however did not give a damn about its origin, as it has become a 'do without' in their every day social media conversation.
Nigerians use the acronym every now and then to express that the other party's action or words made them laugh, even if thats not true.
In other word, Nigerians cast their lot with those who said "Lol" mean "Laughing out loud".
It is also worthy to note that Nigerians sometimes use "LOL" to mean that the laughter is so heavy. While they use "lol" to express a mild laughter.

Indeed, Nigerian politics is no different from comical shows. Many events , especially since the formation of APC, are so ridiculous and unbelieveable that if care is not taken, one may become hypertensive. Except you help your self by laughing it out as loud as you can.
The following are some of the "LOL" or "lol" worthy events.

PDP media soldiers said, APC agents are the ones who paid the ticket fee of Patrick Surya to Nigeria, so he could use Ebola disease to discredit Federal government. That, the plan was that Patrick Surya will infected people in Abuja, but unfortunately he broke down in Lagos. APC warriors too hit back saying, PDP agents hatched the plan to use Ebola to distabilise their states, as APC states are the only ones battling with the deadly virus.
Funny overfed old men. I give this one the big "LOL" !

During 2011 general election, almighty Tinubu went to Kwara state to campaign in support of Dele Begore under the banner of ACN (now APC).
Tinubu charged the people of Kwara to do away with the "Wolve family" feeding on the flesh of Kwarans.
He recounted Adedibu's popular quote about Kwarans. At the prime of Adedibu's reign in Oyo state, he was asked whether he will nominate his son for governorship election. Adedibu simply replied, "Ah, my people of Oyo are no morons like the people of Kwara who will allow one man to keep imposing his children on them" .
However, almighty Tinubu and those he refered to as "Wolve family" are now on the same table, dinning excitingly together.
And when he was asked about it, he simply retorted, "whoever God has chosen to lead, let him lead" .
This event made me laugh many times, and that is why I will give it a block "LOL" .

Chief Oyinlola, a former governor of Osun state recently decamp to APC, then APC media warriors said he made the right decision, he is a good man, he have the people's interest at heart. But when a power drunk Ribadu dump their party for his assumed "winner's party" , APC media Samurais deafen us with, he is confused, he has made the greastest mistake of his life, his career will never remain smooth again.
But i did not laugh so much on this particular event, so I will just give it a small "lol" .

Some years back APC governments, especially at Lagos state and Kwara state, proclaimed that standard education is highly expensive to provide, thus it will come with a very high price tag. And that was ably demonstrated in School fees of Lagos state University as well as Kwara state university.
But recently, many APC states are in the era of "school fees reduction". All of a suddenly, they announce more than 70% reduction in their school fees. Are they not interested in giving us "standard education" again ?
The fact is, APC faltered in Ekiti, and they barely came through in Osun, thus, the fear of 2015 election is the beginning of "school fee reduction era".
They think they can always fool the people. So funny, "LOL" .

When 'righteous man' Buhari narrowly escaped the recent attemp on his life, APC gladiators said, "Nigeria would scatter , if the attempt had been successful". But actually they did not mean Nigeria, they mean APC will scatter. Because if 'righteous man' Buhari dies, thats pratically the end of APC in the North. They just sugarcoat their fears. Very funny potbelly old guys. "LOL" !

Finally, I hope this last one will not land me in the net of SSS, because its about our beloved President Ebele Goodluck Jonathan.
I hope am not the only one that has noticed that our President cannot adress the Country without reading from a note prepared for him.
Even at the Fund raising night for victims of terrorism, our dear President could not adress the victims offhand, until he brought out the textbooks prepared for him, and start reading like a Secondary school press club boy, as usual.
Little wonder he did not talk at the US-Africa summit recently held in United States. Perhaps, he feared that if he start talking there from text books, the American journalist may ask him questions like, "are you formerly a newscaster, sir ? "
This does not make me laugh so well, thats why I initially gave it "lol" .
Until I saw a jingle on the TV where some propagandists were drawing similarities between our dear President and world superb leaders like Lee Kuan yew, Marthing Luther King jnr, Nelson Mandela and Barack Obama. And since then, I cant stop laughing. Thus, I will give this one "LOL" "LOL" "LOL" !

Thanks to Democracy, while the citzens can get busy with making fun of those they called their "leaders" , their "leaders" too can get busy with embezzeling public fund, and impoverishing the citizens. Lol !

R. K. Alasa

Lol
Re: The "Lol" Acronym In Nigerian Politics. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
brownlord:

Lol

(1) (Reply)

Ngwakwe, Why Was "Lacasa" Banned. Must We Support GEJ? / Where Are The Facebook Accounts Of all these high profile Ebola "Victims"? / Christian Men Beheaded, Women Forced To Become Muslim – Witnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.