Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,403 members, 7,812,185 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! (40141 Views)

2015/2016 Nnpc/chevron Scholarship Shortlisted Candidate. / NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship Past Questions And Answers and shortlisted candidates / Download Chevron Scholarship Details Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by Ubijus1(m): 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
yungcyrus:
Chevron demanded my result details for 2013/2014......i hope they will pay like 150 dis tym
we all hope they increase the pay bro. dunno why ours is different. 2013 awardees were paid 175k on their first payment but ours was different.
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by yungcyrus(m): 4:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ubijus1:
we all hope they increase the pay bro. dunno why ours is different. 2013 awardees were paid 175k on their first payment but ours was different.
all is well sha, i hav a strong feeling they will pay well dis tym....but i dnt knw how soon
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by Ubijus1(m): 4:39pm On Jun 09, 2015
yungcyrus:
all is well sha, i hav a strong feeling they will pay well dis tym....but i dnt knw how soon
okay o. i think payment will be made this month.
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by yungcyrus(m): 5:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ubijus1:
okay o. i think payment will be made this month.
hmmm! Dis month??
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by Ubijus1(m): 6:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
yungcyrus:
hmmm! Dis month??
expectedly sir wink

1 Like

Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by freedom96: 9:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ubijus1:
expectedly sir wink
Please can u tell me a bit about how u got ur scholarship,I've applied this year and m just so nervous.Help a bro out.same too u @yungcyrus
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by Ubijus1(m): 9:29pm On Jun 09, 2015
freedom96:
Please can u tell me a bit about how u got ur scholarship,I've applied this year and m just so nervous.Help a bro out.same too u @yungcyrus

hmmmm, kinda funny questn

i applied, got shortlisted for exam, wrote the exam and luck smiled on me!

are you okay with the above sir? cheesy cheesy
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by freedom96: 9:35pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ubijus1:

hmmmm, kinda funny questn

i applied, got shortlisted for exam, wrote the exam and luck smiled on me!

are you okay with the above sir? cheesy cheesy
lol...u knw new applicants na cheesy
So how was d exam?Did u apply in 2014?Did u write d exam in ur state?Do I have to be VERY intelligent to win the award?
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by Ubijus1(m): 10:23pm On Jun 09, 2015
freedom96:
lol...u knw new applicants na cheesy
So how was d exam?Did u apply in 2014?Did u write d exam in ur state?Do I have to be VERY intelligent to win the award?
hehehe, the exam was basically in two parts: verbal reasoning-20 questions and quantitative reasoning 20 questions too. i wrote the exam at Uniben on 15th march 2014, got the award on august 19th 2014 and my first payment on 20th October same year.
though you needn't be a genius to pass the exam, your best should be good enough sir. cheesy
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by freedom96: 10:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ubijus1:

hehehe, the exam was basically in two parts: verbal reasoning-20 questions and quantitative reasoning 20 questions too. i wrote the exam at Uniben on 15th march 2014, got the award on august 19th 2014 and my first payment on 20th October same year.
though you needn't be a genius to pass the exam, your best should be good enough sir. cheesy
So nice of you,but what re the verbal and quantitative reasoning questions like?Where can I get sample of them.
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by yungcyrus(m): 12:19am On Jun 10, 2015
freedom96:
get a g.mat text, read and pray...
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by Ayomide002: 7:42am On Jun 10, 2015
Ubijus1:

yea, your friend was right. the primary idea of scholastica is to ensure the principle of ONE STUDENT, ONE SCHOLARSHIP.

please, when did shell award you? were you part of the people that wrote exam on dec. 13th last year?
my younger bros wrote but we are yet to hear anything.
i just want to know WHEN AND HOW they contacted you.
but i av a friend who won total and agbami.........
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by Ubijus1(m): 8:58am On Jun 10, 2015
yungcyrus:

you are right sire
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by Ubijus1(m): 9:18am On Jun 10, 2015
freedom96:
So nice of you,but what re the verbal and quantitative reasoning questions like?Where can I get sample of them.

sir, the verbal aspect was just what it was called - reasoning. basically partitioned into 5 comprehension passages with 4 questions each flowing therefrom. It has to do with your deductive reasoning ability. simply read the questions and answer the questions that follow.
sir, in answering the questions, I strongly advice you restrict your answers to what is deducible from the passage and avoid fatal inferences in arriving at conclusions.
context and content of the passage should be borne in mind.

secondly, the quantitative aspect will test your elementary but fundamental mathematical skills. during my time, we had questions from simple and compound interest, ratio, percentage, simple equation, profit and loss acc etc.

as for the sample question you requested, take yungcyrus' advice.
you may also wish to hit the PM button for the past questions I have.

finally sir, I wish to stress that the questions may be cheap but you will hardly have enough time. so, speed and accuracy is also part of the test.
therefore, avoid wasting almost all your time on a particular passage or session as all questions carry equal mark.
just know that time is vital to your success; manage it well.

if my retentive memory serves me well, we had 50minutes to answer all the questions.

what else sire cool
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by Ubijus1(m): 9:20am On Jun 10, 2015
Ayomide002:
but i av a friend who won total and agbami.........
total isn't administered by scholastica. thus, your friend can even have agbami, total, mtn and MUSTE. but never agbami and chevron or any other scholarship handled by dragnet solutions through scholastica.
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by Ubijus1(m): 9:25am On Jun 10, 2015
goooooooooood morning folks.

wishing you all a lovely day. wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by yungcyrus(m): 10:50am On Jun 10, 2015
Ubijus1:

sir, the verbal aspect was just what it was called - reasoning. basically partitioned into 5 comprehension passages with 4 questions each flowing therefrom. It has to do with your deductive reasoning ability. simply read the questions and answer the questions that follow.
sir, in answering the questions, I strongly advice you restrict your answers to what is deducible from the passage and avoid fatal inferences in arriving at conclusions.

secondly, the quantitative aspect will test your elementary but fundamental mathematical skills. during my time, we had questions from simple and compound interest, ratio, percentage, simple equation, profit and loss acc etc.

finally sir, I wish to stress that the questions may be cheap but you will hardly have enough time. so, speed and accuracy is also part of the test.
therefore, avoid wasting almost all your time on a particular passage or session as all questions carry equal mark.

if my retentive memory serves me well, we had 50minutes to answer all the questions.

what else sire cool
well said bro....this the truth
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by GBR1(m): 8:09pm On Jun 10, 2015
Ubijus1:

total isn't administered by scholastica. thus, your friend can even have agbami, total, mtn and MUSTE. but never agbami and chevron or any other scholarship handled by dragnet solutions through scholastica.
It's not true. I was on Mobil, Shell and Agbami not withstanding that both Mobil and Agbami were handled by Dragnets.
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by Ubijus1(m): 10:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
GBR1:

It's not true. I was on Mobil, Shell and Agbami not withstanding that both Mobil and Agbami were handled by Dragnets.
wow, that was a function of goodluck.
anyway, even in law; to every rule there is an exception!
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by demo4show(m): 11:20pm On Jun 10, 2015
Ubijus1:

what else sire cool

pls bro kindly send the past questions to me. My mail adenijiademola22@gmail.com
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by samley19(m): 11:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
u cn win mobil nd agbami, bt u cn nva win agbami nd chevron!!!!
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by Ubijus1(m): 11:36pm On Jun 10, 2015
samley19:
u cn win mobil nd agbami, bt u cn nva win agbami nd chevron!!!!
good to know I'm not alone on this
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by Judee99(m): 11:56pm On Jun 10, 2015
is there a chance that a course outside chevron's listed course can be awarded?
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by Ubijus1(m): 12:12am On Jun 11, 2015
Judee99:
is there a chance that a course outside chevron's listed course can be awarded?
i don't think there is sir
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by freedom96: 2:52am On Jun 11, 2015
Ubijus1:

what else sire cool
Well that's all for now...I'll contact u if m shortlisted.
Thank you so much and God Bless.
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by freedom96: 2:55am On Jun 11, 2015
yungcyrus:
Tnx man,i ma do dat.We re waiting for the shortlisting though.
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by Ubijus1(m): 5:02pm On Jun 11, 2015
freedom96:
Well that's all for now...I'll contact u if m shortlisted.
Thank you so much and God Bless.
gudluck sir
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by freedom96: 5:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ubijus1:
gudluck sir
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by Besto(m): 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
GBR1:

not any longer as my frd's kid got agbami and agip both managed by scholastica... he was outrightly told 1 would go for one.
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by GLOBALINF: 7:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
School in cyprus

Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by Dudeonyx: 1:31pm On Jun 12, 2015
*stands on top of table*

I JUST GOT PAIIIIIID!

*gets off tableā€¦ dusts it*
Re: Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! by Ubijus1(m): 1:52pm On Jun 12, 2015
thank God ooooooo, chevron has paid for this year.
100k shaaa. not 150k

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Jamb Registration Turns Bloody In Makurdi As 1 Person Said To Be Shot By Police / Ilawole Oluwafunmilayo Oluwseun, A First Class Economics Graduate Of UNILAG / The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.