Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,460 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:29 AM

Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? (1643 Views)

Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups / Full List Of Endangered Agencies To Be Scrapped - Orosanye / ( Endangered Species ) Albino Girl Killed For Witchcraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by Adelaide2: 8:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
obiajuru01: you would have been wise if you had made your point without trading insults. What makes one civilized is the ability to engage in an argument without foul words, this is why I don't like making comments on nairaland, I take my stance, igbos aren't one of the most endangered groups in the world, OP is very myopic, he/she barely has an in-depth knowledge about various groups of the world.

Aren't you are hypocrite? You just finished referring to me as a tribalist and a sentimental person. Now you are ranting and raving, when cooked in your own pot? Now you even called me myopic?
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by Adelaide2: 8:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
quid:
3,000 deaths out of 30 million is not decimation

Was it 3,000 Igbos that were killed during Biafra? and How many since then and even before?

BTW, my emphasis is on ''systematic'' not any overt, decimation. Hope it's clear. Thanks
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by Adelaide2: 8:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
obiajuru01: you can through more light, in what ways are igbos decimated?

Dude, I am done with you. Thanks
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by hushmail: 8:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
if my understanding of endangered is correct

none of the groups
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
Adelaide2:

Was it 3,000 Igbos that were killed during Biafra? and How many since then and even before?

BTW, my emphasis is on ''systematic'' not any overt, decimation. Hope it's clear. Thanks
If Igbos are being decimated in any sense, then why are the Hausas, Yorubas and others losing sleep and getting nightmares ?
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by Adelaide2: 8:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
hushmail: if my understanding of endangered is correct

none of the groups

Thanks. Care to make a comparative explication of your position, even if brief?
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by obiajuru01: 8:44pm On Aug 20, 2014
Adelaide2:

Dude, I am done with you. Thanks
you don't knw what you are saying up there, am not sorry to let you know.
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by Adelaide2: 8:46pm On Aug 20, 2014
quid:
If Igbos are being decimated in any sense, then why are the Yorubas and others losing sleep and getting nightmares ?

You should know that if those groups you mentioned don't do what they can to keep Igbos in check (at least politically), we would be all over Nigeria running things. And, although the Yorubas seem to harbor a certain, strangely unexplained, feeling about the Igbos, they have not directly done anything to suggest that they are intent on decimating Igbos.

But please could we keep the Yorubas out of this. Not about ruining this thread with their caustic invasion. Thanks.
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by redsun(m): 8:46pm On Aug 20, 2014
Not all species are in to last,see fall on the way side if they can't keep up.

It is the law of natural selection,adaptations and the survival of the fittest. If you must live,you got to think and work hard.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 20, 2014
Adelaide2:

You should know that if those groups you mentioned don't do what they can to keep Igbos in check (at least politically), we would be all over Nigeria running things. And, although the Yorubas seem to harbor a certain, strangely unexplained, feeling about the Igbos, they have not directly done anything to suggest that they are intent on decimating Igbos.

But please could we keep the Yorubas out of this. Not about ruining this thread with their caustic invasion. Thanks.
The world is much bigger than Nigeria, and Igbos are doing great outside Nigeria.

As for Nigeria, the bitter lesson is that NO COUNTRY CAN BE RUN ON THE BASIS OF PUTTING PEOPLE DOWN.

The mess is present-day Nigeria is the result of a simple Karmic exercise of reaping the fruits of idi0tic, tribalistic policies.
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by Adelaide2: 8:52pm On Aug 20, 2014
redsun: Not all species are in to last,see fall on the way side if they can't keep up.

It is the law of natural selection,adaptations and the survival of the fittest. If you must live,you got to think and work hard.

Of course it's a rat race. Survival of the fittest is the game. With Igbos in particular, our survival will rest to a large extent on our innate ability to spread our tentacles in different geographical locations. No matter what the enemy does to a set of Igbos in one geographical location, there are many more Igbos elsewhere to repopulate grin grin grin. Just find some way to secure the homeland, for history's sake.
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by Adelaide2: 8:53pm On Aug 20, 2014
quid:
The world is much bigger than Nigeria, and Igbos are doing great outside Nigeria.

As for Nigeria, the bitter lesson is that NO COUNTRY CAN BE RUN ON THE BASIS OF PUTTING PEOPLE DOWN.

The mess is present-day Nigeria is the result of a simple Karmic exercise of reaping the fruits of idi0tic, tribalistic policies.

Just reproducing below my prior response:

With Igbos in particular, our survival will rest to a large extent on our innate ability to spread our tentacles in different geographical locations. No matter what the enemy does to a set of Igbos in one geographical location, there are many more Igbos elsewhere to repopulate grin grin grin. Just find some way to secure the homeland, for history's sake.
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 20, 2014
Adelaide2:
Just reproducing below my prior response:

With Igbos in particular, our survival will rest to a large extent on our innate ability to spread our tentacles in different geographical locations. No matter what the enemy does to a set of Igbos in one geographical location, there are many more Igbos elsewhere to repopulate grin grin grin. Just find some way to secure the homeland, for history's sake.
Agreed.
And those attempting to hold Igbos down within Nigeria are getting serious diminishing returns.
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by Adelaide2: 8:56pm On Aug 20, 2014
quid:
Agreed.
And those attempting to hold Igbos down within Nigeria are getting serious diminishing returns.

No doubt. It is pinching everyone, more so the holders.
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by redsun(m): 8:56pm On Aug 20, 2014
Adelaide2:

Of course it's a rat race. Survival of the fittest is the game. With Igbos in particular, our survival will rest to a large extent on our innate ability to spread our tentacles in different geographical locations. No matter what the enemy does to a set of Igbos in one geographical location, there are many more Igbos elsewhere to repopulate grin grin grin. Just find some way to secure the homeland, for history's sake.

It is all about creation my brother. The ability to reproduce keeps a people going.
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 20, 2014
Adelaide2:

No doubt. It is pinching everyone, more so the holders.
oh yes.
such dumbness.
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by Adelaide2: 9:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
redsun:

It is all about creation my brother. The ability to reproduce keeps a people going.

But reproduction has to be matched with the desire and actual effort to uplift your (and future generation's) well being. This is where I pity African Americans. 30-40 million of them, but you can hardly find one million of them who have risen above the fray (so to speak). They appear very much like their own enemies, together with the white law enforcement that pick them off slowly but steadily. I feel they are the most endangered group on earth.
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by redsun(m): 9:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
Adelaide2:

But reproduction has to be matched with the desire and actual effort to uplift your (and future generation's) well being. This is where I pity African Americans. 30-40 million of them, but you can hardly find one million of them who have risen above the fray (so to speak). They appear very much like their own enemies, together with the white law enforcement that pick them off slowly but steadily. I feel they are the most endangered group on earth.

I don't see them any different from Africans in Africa or anywhere in diaspora. It is the same problem of misunderstanding the fundamentals of what keep species alive. The same problem of not knowing that the answers lies in themselves.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by Adelaide2: 9:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
redsun:

I don't see them any different from Africans in Africa or anywhere in diaspora. It is the same problem of misunderstanding the fundamentals of what keep species alive. The same problem of not knowing that the answers lies in themselves.

I know that Ebola, Boko Haram and other radical islamic groups in East Africa and elsewhere are ruining the show for Africans back home, but most Africans in Africa don't feel besieged by other humans beings. This is what practically all AAs feel on daily basis.

And, of course there is a clear difference between Africans in America and African Americans. I live it, I know it. Many AAs are just counting bridges (as we speak in Nigeria) while Africans living in America are helping to build the bridge, and in the process, taking away any take-able part of the bridge. Every morning I look out of my office window into the many parks surrounding my workplace and I see 1000s of AAs, old and young, male and female, just milling around, not having any work to do. In contrast, whenever I take a metro or bus ride to work, I see 1000s of Africans of all walks of life struggling to get to work here in America.
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by Adelaide2: 9:41pm On Aug 20, 2014
What Nigerians in Nigeria see on Western TVs about AA celebrities is deceptive. For every Kanye West you see on TV, there are 100,000 AAs living a lifestyle diametrically opposite to Kanye West's that you do not see on TV.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by meforyou1(m): 9:52pm On Aug 20, 2014
Cowardly yorubas nko? Hiding under olumo rock when fulanis came calling.
Inventors of the word 'saboteur' by war criminal awolowo d kaward
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by Yujin(m): 10:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
The most endangered group of human beings are the negroes. They are not safe any where in the world including their own continent. After being wiped out of north africa, sublimed in southern africa, heavily influenced in east africa and economically enslaved in western africa, they have a little opportunity to survive. With diseases ravaging black population and we still expect the solutions to come from other races, it is clear that the black man is seriously endangered. Religiously, islam barely tolerates them. Socially, they are despised world over. Economically, they are blind and therefore are easily short-changed. Politically, they are naive and hence are subject to the dictates of other races.cry

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 20, 2014
Yujin: The most endangered group of human beings are the negroes. They are not safe any where in the world including their own continent. After being wiped out of north africa, sublimed in southern africa, heavily influenced in east africa and economically enslaved in western africa, they have a little opportunity to survive. With diseases ravaging black population and we still expect the solutions to come from other races, it is clear that the black man is seriously endangered. Religiously, islam barely tolerates them. Socially, they are despised world over. Economically, they are blind and therefore are easily short-changed. Politically, they are naive and hence are subject to the dictates of other races.cry
But the growing negro populations in Africa, Europe and america will ensure that they remain a people no one can ignore
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by ChrisOD: 11:28pm On Aug 20, 2014
quid:
But the growing negro populations in Africa, Europe and america will ensure that they remain a people no one can ignore

A weak majority (soon to be, by all account) subjugated by a stronger minority.
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by JEITO: 11:53pm On Aug 20, 2014
What about gbagyis(gwaris) always migrating away from civilization

I mean, one day dem fit migrate away and nobody go see dem kpata kpata o lipsrsealed
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by ba7man(m): 12:24am On Aug 21, 2014
I would like to use one of my life-lines............I'll go for 50/50. cheesy

@op. Eliminate 3 options and leave behind 2.
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by Nobody: 4:31am On Aug 21, 2014
ChrisOD:

A weak majority (soon to be, by all account) subjugated by a stronger minority.
But a majority nonetheless. Igwe bu ike . .
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by Nobody: 4:53am On Aug 21, 2014
quid:
But a majority nonetheless. Igwe bu ike . .

Tell that to the South Africans.
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 21, 2014
chulla12:

Tell that to the South Africans.
South African population estimates:

Black: 41,000,938
Coloured: 4,615,401
White: 4,586,838
Asian: 1,286,930

Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_African_National_Census_of_2011

Meaning: don't ever f*ck with the blacks in SA.
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 21, 2014
Mudslimes
Re: Which Of These Human Groups Is The Most Endangered? by Adelaide2: 4:40pm On Aug 21, 2014
quid:
South African population estimates:

Black: 41,000,938
Coloured: 4,615,401
White: 4,586,838
Asian: 1,286,930

Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_African_National_Census_of_2011

Meaning: don't ever f*ck with the blacks in SA.

The black SAs seem not to have the capability to do much on their own.

(1) (2) (Reply)

EXPOSED: Man Who Used Oritsejafor's Jet For Cash/Arms Deal Is Highly Connected / Throwback : Stealing Is Not Corruption. - Goodluck Ebele Jonathan / So Many Attacks On BUHARI!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.