Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,631 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Atheist Goes To Hell - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Goes To Hell (10671 Views)

Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. / Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by vivaladiva(f): 4:42am On Feb 13, 2010
i wa goin to read ur post but boy was it lng
atheist goes to hell, truth be told, if there is at all heaven and hell , which i dont believe there is, we cnt all bloody go to heaven,somebody must go to hell
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:02pm On Feb 13, 2010
ccollins:

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry why do people wait to see eternal suffering before they believe

This unfortunately is the curse on humans.  We don't learn from history that's why history keeps repeating itself.  Most of us would rather experience danger than to learn from history.

Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by blackcypha(m): 12:59am On Feb 14, 2010
How come all these pple who experience these things describe it differently from person to person?
what about ike uzor nathan who said that he was taken to hell,and that there was nothing like fire there but pple wer just weeping/
or choo thomas who said she was shown hell by Jesus and she saw balls of fire chasing pple from side to side?
why is there CONFLICTING STORIES OF THE SAME PLACE BY DIFFERENT PPLE WHO R CHRISTIANS AND CLAIM TO HAVE BEEN TAKEN BY JESUS SPECIALLY TO SEE THIS HELL OF A PLACE?
WHY WUD THERE NOT BE JUST ONE DISCRIPTION?THE ANSWER IS SIMPLE, HELL IS A MYTHICAL PLACE
INVENTED BY THE JEWS SEEKING REASON FOR JUSTICE TO BE SERVED TO PPLE WHO THEY FEEL R WICKED or who DISPUte THEIR BELIEFS, THEREFORE PPLE SEE AND INTERPRETE IT IN THEIR OWN WAY, BASED ON THE DREAMS THEY HAVE WHICH THEY MISREPRESENT AS VISIONS OF JESUS TAKING THEM ON A JOURNEY, ,
SCIENCE CANNOT VERIFY THE TRUISM OF THESE THINGS PERIOD! grin
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by thehomer: 1:30pm On Feb 14, 2010
From what has been written in so many religious texts, most of the people who have ever lived on earth (>90%) will end up in hell. This seems to imply that maybe hell was actually meant for humans generally. This is our result from a loving and just God.

blackcypha:

How come all these pple who experience these things describe it differently from person to person?
what about ike uzor nathan who said that he was taken to hell,and that there was nothing like fire there but pple wer just weeping/
or choo thomas who said she was shown hell by Jesus and she saw balls of fire chasing pple from side to side?
why is there CONFLICTING STORIES OF THE SAME PLACE BY DIFFERENT PPLE WHO R CHRISTIANS AND CLAIM TO HAVE BEEN TAKEN BY JESUS SPECIALLY TO SEE THIS HELL OF A PLACE?

This is a very vital question. Could it simply be that these stories are made up to scare people?

OLAADEGBU:

This unfortunately is the curse on humans.  We don't learn from history that's why history keeps repeating itself.  Most of us would rather experience danger than to learn from history.

While you are certainly right about history, has there been any history of hell occuring that we know of?
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by Iyineda(m): 1:43pm On Feb 14, 2010
This must be fiction

No waaiiiii !!!!1!

I think you're on to something.
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by blackcypha(m): 9:49am On Feb 15, 2010
vivaladiva:

i wa goin to read your post but boy was it lng
atheist goes to hell, truth be told, if there is at all heaven and hell , which i dont believe there is, we cnt all bloody go to heaven,somebody must go to hell

grin grin LMAO
HELL is just a trancedental state of the mind, psychologists will tell u dat it is all in your consciousness, will explain later!2
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by mazaje(m): 12:27pm On Feb 15, 2010
blackcypha:

WHY WUD THERE NOT BE JUST ONE DISCRIPTION?THE ANSWER IS SIMPLE, HELL IS A MYTHICAL PLACE
INVENTED BY THE JEWS SEEKING REASON FOR JUSTICE TO BE SERVED TO PPLE WHO THEY FEEL R WICKED or who DISPUte THEIR BELIEFS, THEREFORE PPLE SEE AND INTERPRETE IT IN THEIR OWN WAY, BASED ON THE DREAMS THEY HAVE WHICH THEY MISREPRESENT AS VISIONS OF JESUS TAKING THEM ON A JOURNEY, ,

The conflicting and contradictory accounts all boil down to the fact that hell is a myth. . . . .Read Joy Maher's account of her visit to hell and compare it to the fiction that OLAADEGBU posted above and you will see that these people only peddle these stories because they want to scare people and force them to believe their baseless and ridiculous lies. . . .Their accounts are completely different and contradictory, yet the same people all claimed that Jesus or some angels took them to heaven and hell. . . . grin grin
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by blackcypha(m): 1:14pm On Feb 15, 2010
mazaje:

The conflicting and contradictory accounts all boil down to the fact that hell is a myth. . . . .Read Joy Maher's account of her visit to hell and compare it to the fiction that OLAADEGBU posted above and you will see that these people only peddle these stories because they want to scare people and force them to believe their baseless and ridiculous lies. . . .Their accounts are completely different and contradictory, yet the same people all claimed that Jesus or some angels took them to heaven and hell. . . . grin grin
mazaje!why u forget my side now /been wanting to track u online , i even tot u wer in nigeria all these while dat was why i droped ma numa on the other thread hopin we cu meet, i just noticed the finland location NOW! under ur name grin grin grin
but bros u still havent answere ma question if u studied philosophy or the sciences?
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by DeepSight(m): 2:00pm On Feb 15, 2010
davidylan:

the cartoon up there reminds me of two posters here - deepsight and krayola. albeit it seems both are still on the agnosticism rung of the ladder

Sir, I AM NOT AN AGNOSTIC.

I firmly believe in the existence of God and i also believe that God is Intelligent, Conscious, powerful, loving and just.

There is no agnostic that believes such things.
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by Traugott(m): 2:12pm On Feb 15, 2010
@Deep Sight:
So what else do you believe? I ask because Krayola sounds like an agnostic and you were grouped with him?
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by vta2008: 2:35pm On Feb 15, 2010
blackcypha:

This is another one of those things that baffles me about hell, religion etc. Why different accounts both from the black prophets as well as their white counterparts?
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:38pm On Feb 15, 2010
Deep Sight:

Sir, I AM NOT AN AGNOSTIC.

I firmly believe in the existence of God and i also believe that God is Intelligent, Conscious, powerful, loving and just.

There is no agnostic that believes such things.

Good question asked by Traugott.  Deep Sight, what do you believe in?  Do you believe in the Deity of Jesus Christ? The infallibility of the Bible? His virgin birth? His death, burial and resurrection? Atonement? Miracles? Man made in God's image?  If not why not?
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by jagunlabi(m): 2:40pm On Feb 15, 2010
Olaadegbu is never far away from his "hell".He is even a bigger spokesman and campaigner for the barbequeland than ogaga himself.
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:45pm On Feb 15, 2010
thehomer:

While you are certainly right about history, has there been any history of hell occuring that we know of?

History repeats itself because folks choose to experience pain before they believe.  Jesus gave us a historical and true account of what happens when we die in the passage below.

There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead

Luke 16:19-31

Jesus being God gave a vivid account of what took place in hell at a point in eternity.  If you draw your attention to the last paragraph highlighted you will find out that Abraham was right when he said that people will not be persuaded even if one rose from the dead.  So my advice to you is to believe the gospel and be converted. 

Jesus pointed out that the requirement for escaping eternal perdition is repentance.  Every individual is expected to take the steps that lead to genuine conversion experience.  Repentance is the complete turning away from sin and exercising faith towards the Saviour, Jesus Christ.  Steps to repentance are simple but you must be sincere in prayer to God.  You must first acknowledge your sinfulness and depravity, and your need of salvation (Psalm 32:5).  Then confess your personal sins to God and ask for forgiveness (Psalms 38:18; 1 John 1:9).  After which you will then forsake and turn from those sins completely (Proverbs 28:13; 2 Chronicles 7:14; Job.34:31,32).  And finally, invite Jesus Christ into your heart as your Saviour and Lord (Romans 10:9,10; John 1:12).
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by Traugott(m): 2:53pm On Feb 15, 2010
@Olaadegbu
You have a point there, o. When an observer begins to strip off everything about someone's identity, declarations, actions and life, the next step in that direction will be an uncertainty about the person's existence, then a firm and total denial of the person. Are Agnosticism then Atheism only a stone's throw away? May the Lord have mercy.
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:05pm On Feb 15, 2010
jagunlabi:

Olaadegbu is never far away from his "hell".He is even a bigger spokesman and campaigner for the barbequeland than ogaga himself.

Thanks for the compliments. wink
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:28pm On Feb 15, 2010
Traugott:

@Olaadegbu
You have a point there, o. When an observer begins to strip off everything about someone's identity, declarations, actions and life, the next step in that direction will be an uncertainty about the person's existence, then a firm and total denial of the person. Are Agnosticism then Atheism only a stone's throw away? May the Lord have mercy.

Very true. When you begin to scratch the surface of what we see as similar convictions of those who say they believe in God you will be surprised at the level of differences which are between day and night. You must also note when folks begin to say that the Bible is not infallible, that Jesus is not God the Son etc., these are tell tale signs that they are on that downward descent as depicted in the picture below.
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by blackcypha(m): 4:18pm On Feb 15, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

History repeats itself because folks choose to experience pain before they believe. Jesus gave us a historical and true account of what happens when we die in the passage below.

There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead

Luke 16:19-31

Jesus being God gave a vivid account of what took place in hell at a point in eternity. If you draw your attention to the last paragraph highlighted you will find out that Abraham was right when he said that people will not be persuaded even if one rose from the dead. So my advice to you is to believe the gospel and be converted.

Jesus pointed out that the requirement for escaping eternal perdition is repentance. Every individual is expected to take the steps that lead to genuine conversion experience. Repentance is the complete turning away from sin and exercising faith towards the Saviour, Jesus Christ. Steps to repentance are simple but you must be sincere in prayer to God. You must first acknowledge your sinfulness and depravity, and your need of salvation (Psalm 32:5). Then confess your personal sins to God and ask for forgiveness (Psalms 38:18; 1 John 1:9). After which you will then forsake and turn from those sins completely (Proverbs 28:13; 2 Chronicles 7:14; Job.34:31,32). And finally, invite Jesus Christ into your heart as your Saviour and Lord (Romans 10:9,10; John 1:12).
and please how does this provide evidence dat this story actually happened?
or dont u know dat Jewish scholars and theologians have concluded dat the story was not an event dat actually happened?, but just one of the many parables of christ used to covey an ethic?
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by blackcypha(m): 4:22pm On Feb 15, 2010
blackcypha:

what about IKE UZOR nathan who said that he was taken to hell,and that there was nothing like fire there but pple wer just weeping/
or CHOO THOMAS who said she was shown hell by Jesus and she saw balls of fire chasing pple from side to side?
why is theTe CONFLICTING STORIES OF THE SAME PLACE BY DIFFERENT PPLE WHO R CHRISTIANS AND CLAIM TO HAVE BEEN TAKEN BY JESUS SPECIALLY TO SEE THIS HELL OF A PLACE?EEH?
WHY WUD THERE NOT BE JUST ONE DISCRIPTION?

Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by alariwo(m): 4:22pm On Feb 15, 2010
to be an atheist is to recognise the existence of the Supreme and who says there is hell?whatever
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by DeepSight(m): 2:47pm On Feb 16, 2010
Traugott:

@Deep Sight:
So what else do you believe? I ask because Krayola sounds like an agnostic and you were grouped with him?

I believe that Harmony is the meaning of God and the purpose of all things.

I believe in Karma.

OLAADEGBU:

Good question asked by Traugott. Deep Sight, what do you believe in? Do you believe in the Deity of Jesus Christ? The infallibility of the Bible? His virgin birth? His death, burial and resurrection? Atonement? Miracles? Man made in God's image? If not why not?

Jesus Christ in my view, was another human being and certainly not God. The Bible is not infallible. This is a historical fact. I can show you verses that have been proven to be deliberate insertions and as such have been left out of the more modern versions. Besides the selection of books was done by a very corrupt institution that deliberately left out dozens of equally qualified writings simply because such went against their dogma. I regard the virgin birth as a myth created to justify Mary's apparently pre-marital pregnancy. The crucifixion of Christ was judicial murder and the only sense in which it may signify salvation for anybody is in the fact that such a good man came to the world and preached love. If you read the parable of the vineyard you will see that God was not pleased at the crucifixion of the good man. Atonement for sins comes through the laws of Karma. Miracles are possible but i believe that there is nothing supernatural about them. They are only phenomena that we do not yet understand.

God is unique. There is none like God.
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:22pm On Feb 25, 2010
blackcypha:

and please how does this provide evidence dat this story actually happened?
or dont u know dat Jewish scholars and theologians have concluded dat the story was not an event dat actually happened?, but just one of the many parables of christ used to covey an ethic?

The evidence is in who you have chosen to believe, the report of the Lord Jesus Christ or the dodgy words of sinful men. Jesus gave an account of an historical event of what happened in eternity, it is either you take it as a cock and bull story or you take it as the truth coming from the Alpha and Omega. undecided
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:24pm On Feb 25, 2010
Deep Sight:

I believe in Karma.

Jesus Christ in my view, was another human being and certainly not God. The Bible is not infallible. This is a historical fact. I can show you verses that have been proven to be deliberate insertions and as such have been left out of the more modern versions. Besides the selection of books was done by a very corrupt institution that deliberately left out dozens of equally qualified writings simply because such went against their dogma. I regard the virgin birth as a myth created to justify Mary's apparently pre-marital pregnancy. The crucifixion of Christ was judicial murder and the only sense in which it may signify salvation for anybody is in the fact that such a good man came to the world and preached love. If you read the parable of the vineyard you will see that God was not pleased at the crucifixion of the good man. Atonement for sins comes through the laws of Karma. Miracles are possible but i believe that there is nothing supernatural about them. They are only phenomena that we do not yet understand.

Take another good look at the said cartoon and figure out where you stand on the rung of stairs on your way down.
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:35pm On Feb 25, 2010
mazaje:

Even if you ask different people who witnessed a car accident you will get different accounts because they have different perspectives. While one person may say that they witnessed a dog running across the road before the car collided into it another person may claim to have seen two dogs. Both may be true. It might have been that one dog was chasing the other but the first person could only see the second dog that got hit by the car. The fact that there are slight variations in the account of the two eyewitnesses does that mean that their accounts were not true? Could it be that they were all looking at the same thing from different perspectives?
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by DeepSight(m): 12:36pm On Feb 25, 2010
I do not belong on the staircase at all.

I am spiritual and not religious.
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:50pm On Feb 25, 2010
Deep Sight:

I do not belong on the staircase at all.

I am spiritual and not religious.

I can see that you disbelieve all but the agnostic and atheist rungs on the stairs of the modern descent, I guess you must believe in a god that is UNKNOWN to you, does that make you an deist?
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by Traugott(m): 12:34am On Feb 26, 2010
@Olaadegbu: Deep Sight is a deist. He discusses his beliefs here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-404066.0.html
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:33am On Feb 26, 2010
Traugott:

@Olaadegbu: Deep Sight is a deist. He discusses his beliefs here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-404066.0.html

Deep Sight has summarised what he believes and what he doesn't in his post below and that tells me that he believes in a different god to the Uncreated Creator.

Deep Sight:

I believe in Karma.

Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by FMK(m): 7:37am On Feb 26, 2010
and where are you going ? to hell angry
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by thehomer: 8:35am On Feb 26, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

The evidence is in who you have chosen to believe, the report of the Lord Jesus Christ or the dodgy words of sinful men. Jesus gave an account of an historical event of what happened in eternity, it is either you take it as a cock and bull story or you take it as the truth coming from the Alpha and Omega. undecided

The story you gave in the bible is simply that, a story. What is a historical event that happened in eternity? We cannot take it as the truth coming from the Alpha and Omega because hell as is described by you and some other christians is not known to exist. We cannot simply take the christian bible as evidence because it is deeply flawed.
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:36pm On Feb 26, 2010
thehomer:

The story you gave in the bible is simply that, a story. What is a historical event that happened in eternity? We cannot take it as the truth coming from the Alpha and Omega because hell as is described by you and some other christians is not known to exist. We cannot simply take the christian bible as evidence because it is deeply flawed.

I know that many people take this account as just a parable but I see it as an account of what actually happened. If you are conversant with all the parables of Jesus you will realise that He does not mention names or places of people and locations except you believe that names such as Abraham and Moses are fictictious. The enemy has succeeded in making folks take the historical accounts in the book of Genesis as myths and prophecies and revelations of what is to happen in future as mysteries that cannot be understood in real terms. Jesus has explained in clear terms the reality of heaven and hell in the gospels and most explicitly in the book of Revelation.
Re: Atheist Goes To Hell by thehomer: 3:39am On Feb 27, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

I know that many people take this account as just a parable but I see it as an account of what actually happened. If you are conversant with all the parables of Jesus you will realise that He does not mention names or places of people and locations except you believe that names such as Abraham and Moses are fictictious. The enemy has succeeded in making folks take the historical accounts in the book of Genesis as myths and prophecies and revelations of what is to happen in future as mysteries that cannot be understood in real terms. Jesus has explained in clear terms the reality of heaven and hell in the gospels and most explicitly in the book of Revelation.

So you take the bible as evidence of Jesus and God. Well I cannot do that due to the several severe flaws in it.
Good luck with your belief in the bible. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If I Sell My Property, Should I Still Pay Tithe? / Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss / Our Daily Manna For 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.