Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,314 members, 7,954,260 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:38 PM

My Younger Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Younger Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand! (6835 Views)

I Don't Have A Close Relationship With My Younger Sister. / Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand / I Saw This Inside My Younger Brothers Bag (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Younger Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 21, 2014
OCTAVO: In some cases, you need to flog these younger ones for them to know what's up. cool
Flogging has never been a solution to stubbornness. I used to be very stubborn while growing up. My mom and older siblings thought they could change me with the rod, but it didn't work! Any day they tried flogging me ended with so much violence that we would have alot of valuables damaged in the house, and injuries recorded by both sides. It took one of my elder sisters who understood the importance of counselling in my condition then to tame me. So, flogging doesn't always solve anythn, especially when you're dealing with people in their early adulthood.

2 Likes

Re: My Younger Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand! by Kanwulia: 3:54pm On Aug 21, 2014
SAMBARRY: I don talk my own already. Let him lock the dstv when he's going out. If she choses to be promiscuous, it's her life. Open the door for her let her explore her sesuality. Am tired of all adults trying to bend dried fish.

She has passed her formative age but breaking the ops rules in his own home should not be acceptable. Op has his problems too and his sister is his moms responsibility to face. Deal with yours and forget hers.age go make am get sense

True dat!
She needs to be in ile baba e ooooooooooh!
SHE LOST THE MAJOR HOME TRAINING in her formative years!

Only a LADY can teach a girl how to be a LADY!
Only a REAL MAN can raise a boy to be a REAL MAN!

With both attentive and loving parents alive. . . .the sky is the limit! kiss
Re: My Younger Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand! by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
donpeey22: Flogging has never been a solution to stubbornness. I used to be very stubborn while growing up. My mom and older siblings thought they could change me with the rod, but it didn't work! Any day they tried flogging me ended with so much violence that we would have alot of valuables damaged in the house, and injuries recorded by both sides. It took one of my elder sisters who understood the importance of counselling in my condition then to tame me. So, flogging doesn't always solve anythn, especially when you're dealing with people in their early adulthood.
I bet Pankere Mimo was never used grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: My Younger Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand! by rolled: 4:04pm On Aug 21, 2014
Soldier don flog you before?
donpeey22: Flogging has never been a solution to stubbornness. I used to be very stubborn while growing up. My mom and older siblings thought they could change me with the rod, but it didn't work! Any day they tried flogging me ended with so much violence that we would have alot of valuables damaged in the house, and injuries recorded by both sides. It took one of my elder sisters who understood the importance of counselling in my condition then to tame me. So, flogging doesn't always solve anythn, especially when you're dealing with people in their early adulthood.
Re: My Younger Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand! by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
chimkaire: I bet Pankere Mimo was never used grin grin lipsrsealed
lol. All sorts were used.
Re: My Younger Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 21, 2014
rolled: Soldier don flog you before?
lol. Soldier case na different case because na institution matta. No be family or friends matter. If soldier commot im uniform, im garara don finish be that oo.
Re: My Younger Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 21, 2014
donpeey22: lol. All sorts were used.
Donpeey!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked. Have always wondered why some folks aint afraid of been caned embarassed(as a kid, that is...) cheesy
Re: My Younger Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand! by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 21, 2014
chimkaire: Donpeey!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked. Have always wondered why some folks aint afraid of been caned embarassed(as a kid, that is...) cheesy
If you keep canning a child, a time would come when it would become fun to the child, while you may have succeeded in making him/her see violence as the only means of resolving every misunderstanding. Babe, how're you doing?8-)
Re: My Younger Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
donpeey22: If you keep canning a child, a time would come when it would become fun to the child, while you may have succeeded in making him/her see violence as the only means of resolving every misunderstanding. Babe, how're you doing?8-)
You right. Doing fine, thank you. You?
Re: My Younger Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand! by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 21, 2014
chimkaire: You right. Doing fine, thank you. You?
I'm fine dear.
Re: My Younger Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand! by uglyogre(f): 6:14pm On Aug 21, 2014
akitijackson: can u tell me hw dis is a one sided story? I dnt disrespect myself, neither do I do tins dat will make her disrespect me. Maybe its because I'm too jovial. If it's a bf issue, I'm old enough to hav a bf. When she was arriving home, it was my bf nd I dat even picked her frm d park. Is dat enough reason for her to be so spoilt?
oh,oh,oh. This is a sister-sister fight thing. i assumed you to be a guy.Now i gerrit. hmm bear with each other. sisters do fight a lot over trivialities
Re: My Younger Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand! by Bryan12(m): 6:16pm On Aug 21, 2014
balamz: At 19, her eye go don open and I suggest you do the following:
1 Explain to her the bad side of having a boyfriend I.e distraction from achieving her goals in life.
2 Tell her nobody would help her in hard times except her family, which is you.
3 Tell her nobody cares about her in the whole wide world except you, if she want to know the truth. Let her shock the dude with news of her being pregnant and she would see how the dude would run like a rat into the hole to hide.
4. Show her more love, care and attention. Don't be strict on her or else she would turn her back against you.
5. Give her reason to be more focus in life instead of watching tv. Dstv is just an entertainment. The actors she sees on tv are living a fake life. Example: Nobody knew jim lyke had a problem going by what we see on tv.
6. In times of cooking, you can joking tell her to come and see how food is being made, then from time to time you can use tricks on her to start cooking maybe from boiling of rice to stew and so on.
7. in times of cleaning the house, you can tell her to sweep only a small proportion and always use the word "abeg help me" because she may see its as a form of help not command and as time goes on she would be used to its.
8. Give her example of Dangote and other business men and women, whether she have seen any of them sharing their secret of how they made its in life. Why? Because that secret can only be share among their sons and daughters. That how the world is. Nobody cares about you or how you feel.
9. You can also share your issues with her so that in turn she does the same. Always gist. Bring funny topics.
10. A successful family is always a happy family. One problem from her affect the family only.
Don't be strict on her.
[b]
1 Explain to her the bad side of having a boyfriend I.e distraction from achieving her goals in life.
3 Tell her nobody cares about her in the whole wide world except you, if she want to know the truth. Let her shock the dude with news of her being pregnant and she would see how the dude would run like a rat into the hole to hide.
4. Show her more love, care and attention. Don't be strict on her or else she would turn her back against you.
5. Give her reason to be more focus in life instead of watching tv. Dstv is just an entertainment. The actors she sees on tv are living a fake life. Example: Nobody knew jim lyke had a problem going by what we see on tv.
6. In times of cooking, you can joking tell her to come and see how food is being made, then from time to time you can use tricks on her to start cooking maybe from boiling of rice to stew and so on.
7. in times of cleaning the house, you can tell her to sweep only a small proportion and always use the word "abeg help me" because she may see its as a form of help not command and as time goes on she would be used to its.
8. Give her example of Dangote and other business men and women, whether she have seen any of them sharing their secret of how they made its in life. Why? Because that secret can only be share among their sons and daughters. That how the world is. Nobody cares about you or how you feel.
9. You can also share your issues with her so that in turn she does the same. Always gist. Bring funny topics.
10. A successful family is always a happy family. One problem from her affect the family only.
Don't be strict on her.
[/b]
Don't be strict on her.
Re: My Younger Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand! by egopersonified(f): 8:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
Don't be strict on her.

balamz, this your post makes a lot of sense. Op, u can also try knowing her bf. If she doesnt change them at random and has a steady bf, even if he is stubborn too, why not ask for his help over this issue. No matter his character, he would want his gf to be a wife material, so he can ask her to stop her attitude. Dont go reporting everytime she does wrong, just report her once and for all. Also, people have suggested prayer, the way you pray should also be considered. Start praying with her, dont start 5am morning devotion, just pray together at random, when you want to eat, when she is happy, etc. While praying, pray more about her, dont focus on her attitude, just thank God for the little good things she has done and about her admission, future husband, health, etc. I had a male friend who used to weave his hair, his mum was always complaining about it. One day, he walked into his mum's room and heard her praying that God should make him cut his hair. Within a week, my friend says he didnt know when he walked into a barber shop to cut his hair. He says its not the prayers that made him cut the hair, but he just wanted to make his mum happy that was why he did. Most importantly, keep talking to her calmly, dont feel that no one did all that for you so why should u do it for her, love her as you love yourself, make sacrifices for her and be firm with any rules you put in place, all the best.

1 Like

Re: My Younger Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand! by Nmeri17: 6:18am On Aug 23, 2014
plot twist: she's reading the comments on this thread and smiling mischievously to herself kiss cool

1 Like

Re: My Younger Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand! by OlayemiKing(m): 10:33am On Aug 23, 2014
I think you need to sit her down, let her know that if your mother were to be looking down from heaven she won't be happy. Also let her know that if she keep up that behaviour till she is ready to get married, she will definitely not get a good husband and at best she gets a "Agbero" for a husband. Let her know that a time will come she will be on her own and the only thing that will keep her going is a good attitude.
Also go to God in prayers for her because the truth is that she is your responsibility whether you like it or not.
Re: My Younger Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand! by Chomzy19(f): 11:41am On Aug 23, 2014
Leave ur sister jare na late adolescence dey worry am partly because she finished second schl late so she is stil behaving like her classmates at dia 16's n 17's. Don't confront her again, if she doesn't wash plates or sweep d house or wash her own clothes let her be, don't correct her again giving her room to insult u, just let her play out her adolescent age. Do tell her not to have sex and if she must, she must do so with a condom. Shikena u hv done your own. By d time jamb f!ucks her up 2 times, or d BF breaks her heart wchever occurs first she will come back to her senses n get off DSTV

She will grow up, you were once like her.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" / Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? / A Thread For All Cheating Husbands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.