Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,640 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Why Do Men Cheat? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Cheat? (1965 Views)

7 Reasons Why Married Men Cheat / Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money / Why Do Men Cheat ( Strictry For Females) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Cheat? by misstoke(f): 7:00am On Aug 21, 2014
Men cheat for a variety of reasons.

Below is a laundry list of 25 reasons men cheat, based on my 17+ years of research on the topic of infidelity.

As an infidelity expert, I’ve interviewed somewhere between 8000 and 10,000 people about various aspects of infidelity (maybe more – I’ve lost count over the years) – men and women; infidelity victims and cheaters.

Below are 25 of the more common reasons men cheat. Bear in mind that some men cheat for several of the reasons on the list below.

And just so we’re clear, infidelity is wrong. None of these are valid reasons for cheating on your mate.

25 of the Many Reasons Why Men Cheat

1. Inability to say no. He attracts sexy women who come onto him, and he doesn’t know how to say “no.

2. To boost his ego – Infidelity is an ego boost for a man with low self esteem – especially if he’s less successful or earns less money than his.

3. Peer Pressure. He spends a lot of time in the company of people who cheat. His workmates, or close friends are cheating on their mates. So he succumbs to peer pressure and cheats to be part of the crowd.

4. To end the relationship. Sometime a cheating man will have what is called an “exit affair” because he wants end the marriage or relationship. Instead of manning up and telling you it’s over, he takes the coward’s way out, knowing that if you catch him cheating, you’ll leave him or kick him out.

5. Because you let him- He cheated before you let him get away with it. See If He’s Cheating, Take a Firm Stand.

6. He views it as a status symbol. Many men consider it a status symbol to be able to afford a mistress. He may view it as one of the trappings of success.

7. To satisfy his sexual orientation. If he’sgay or bisexual, he may cheat on you by having affairs with other men.

8. To see what it’s like to have sex with someone else. Men who married young, or had limited sex experience before settling down, may cheat to see what they might have missed.

9. Because he knows he can get away with it. He cheated before and you didn’t find out, so he’s confident he can do it again.

10. Opportunistic sex. He was presented with an opportunity to cheat without the fear of getting caught, so he took advantage of the situation.

11. A Sense Of Entitlement. Many men feel they’re so rich, famous, handsome, sexy, charming or ____________ (you fill in the blank) that they are entitled to cheat because of who they are.

12. He figures you’ll never find out– He thinks you’re too stupid, too naïve, too busy, too in love with them, too trusting to find out, or even suspect that he’s having an affair.

13. To prove his manhood. Some men think that the more women they have sex with, the more manly they are. They think cheating is a macho thing to do

14. The thrill of the chase. Some cheaters actually thrive on the excitement generated by a secret affair. They view all the ducking, dodging and sneaking around infidelity involves as a form of recreation, or a high-risk sport.

15. He’s a player. He’s a hardcore cheater for whom cheating is a way of life. He likes having lots of women and pitting one against the other. To him, it’s just a game.

16. He knows you’ll take him back. He knows you’ll never leave him. He cheated before and you didn’t hesitate to take him back without making him go through any changes or holding him accountable for his behavior. See When to Give Cheater a Second Chance.

17. Love. Some men cheat because they’re really in love with the other woman. It may have started out as a cyber affair, or an innocent friendship that became an emotional affair, which progressed to sexual infidelity.

18. Poor role models If his father, uncles, or other male role models cheated, he may be subconsciously programmed to follow their example, considering infidelity to be the norm – especially if the female role models in his life tolerated the infidelity.

19. To participate in certain sex acts. Some men cheat to fulfill their sexual fantasies, or because they want kinky sex, or sex acts their wives or girlfriends won’t perform.

20. The influence of drugs or alcohol A great deal of infidelity ( especially one night stands) can be attributed to the influence drugs or alcohol, which can lower inhibitions, and impair good judgment, resulting in behavior the cheater may later regret it

21. Cultural reasons– He may come from a culture (Caribbean, certain European or Asian cultures) where it’s common for men to have mistresses.

22. To see if he’s still “got it.” Men in their 50’s and older sometimes cheat just to reaffirm their sexuality. They cheat to prove they can still attract and sexually satisfy another woman – usually one who is younger than their mate.

23. He knows you’ll put up with his cheating Some men cheat because they know their partner will look the other way - as long as they’re discreet, keep their infidelity low key, and avoid publicly embarrassing their mate.

24. Revenge. Though revenge cheating is more with women than with men, sometimes a man will cheat to get back a wife or girlfriend who cheated on him.

25. Sex addiction– probably the only reason on this list that can halfway be excused because true sex addiction is a medical condition in which the cheater really can’t help himself. If he’s truly a sex addict, he needs to get professional help. But true sex addiction is not as common as men would have you believe. Many cheating men use sex addiction as a cop-out AFTER they’ve been caught.

Other Reasons Why Men Cheat

This is by no means a complete list of the reasons why men cheat. Men cheat for other reasons, including the ones listed below:

-low moral values
-he doesn’t believe in monogamy
-because he thinks that all men cheat
-because he didn’t think you’d really care
-because he’s spoiled, selfish or -inconsiderate and wants to have his own way
-because he wants to have his cake and eat it too
-just because he can
-he wants to make you jealous
-he’s a nonconformist who likes breaking rules
-to prove to himself or his friends that he’s smart enough to cheat without getting caught.read more......
http://misstoke..com/2014/08/reasons-why-men-cheat.html

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 21, 2014
grin the writer may have had experience with the wrong men, doesnt seem like she got all that from interviews with thousands of people. Please, that's unbelievable grin
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 21, 2014
Pheeeeew, men and their issues sef.....some men cheat cos they are looking for something that isn't lost. angry

so, by the above list, it means all men are cheats undecided future wives,prepare yourselves grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Boyoboy9(m): 7:27am On Aug 21, 2014
Do all men cheat?
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by lonngmann(m): 7:30am On Aug 21, 2014
Really?!
I am tired of the way you women say all men cheat. you cn only say that if you ave dated all men and if women don't cheat on their boyfriends too
Number 2 is so o wrong! A guy with low self esteem or low income doesn't find it easy to cheat. a guy with low self esteem cnt handle rejection so he is scared of being rejected or embarrassed so he stays clear of women. You don't knw dat cheating is expensive. it takes ur money and ur time alot. though d end justifies d stress doh tongue
Men and women cheat!

bt I don't smiley
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Tallesty1(m): 7:35am On Aug 21, 2014
Tired of all these threads on why men cheat. Some men cheat because a lot sisters needs help. Methinks women cheat more than men but men easily get caught.
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by zoeee(f): 7:35am On Aug 21, 2014
I feel anybody who cheats is a coward!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by SAMBARRY: 7:46am On Aug 21, 2014
So is this news. Evidence of that is littered all over nl na undecided
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 21, 2014
Tazmode: grin the writer may have had experience with the wrong men, doesnt seem like she got all that from interviews with thousands of people. Please, that's unbelievable grin
I agree with the Op , it has to be one of the issues in the Op !!
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 21, 2014
Gosh!! I am tired of all these cheat cheat cheat issue. E don do na. Its not a new thing. TALKING ABOUT IT FROM NOW TILL TOMORROW WON'T STOP IT.

Anyways, all the reasons given are absolutely correct. And please, NOT ALL MEN ARE CONTROLLED BY THEIR PEN1SES. Some use their brains more often.
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by GodsDivinefavor(f): 10:17am On Aug 21, 2014
Do men by sleeping with dogs or males?

Why cankt the women close their legs abi dem force dem.

If all ladies remain chaste, there won't be cheating men.
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 21, 2014
Look no further!

It is because "men are are polygamous in nature". It is way beyond their capability to control who they poke. So, they just poke away. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 21, 2014
Phema: Look no further!

It is because "men are are polygamous in nature". It is way beyond their capability to control who they poke. So, they just poke away. undecided undecided

Abi. grin grin grin grin

The famous excuse given. In other words, men are brainless. Ridiculous!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 21, 2014
Phema: Look no further!

Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Hybrid600: 1:31pm On Aug 21, 2014
[quote author=Sophyrocks][/quote]
Enuf of al dese toks.. I blame d ladies who open dir express to alow d married trucks to run tru. If dey close dose laps tyt n resist gifts n offers from d married men, cheating,wd b curbed...
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by crackhaus: 1:39pm On Aug 21, 2014
Thank goodness I never cheated once before, this post ain't for me...no doubt! grin lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hybrid600:
Enuf of al dese toks.. I blame d ladies who open dir express to alow d married trucks to run tru. If dey close dose laps tyt n resist gifts n offers from d married men, cheating,wd b curbed...

So since ladies are to close their legs, why can't the married men stick to their wives? why are the men running around with gifts and offers? who send them message? Or dnt their wives deserve such giffts and offers? why must they chase? How can you run around with gifts HOPING that no girl collects them?

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by SAMBARRY: 1:54pm On Aug 21, 2014
Sophyrocks:

So since ladies are to close their legs, why can't the married men stick to their wives? why are the men running around with gifts and offers? who send them message? Or dnt their wives deserve such giffts and offers? why must they chase? How can you run around with gifts HOPING that no girl collects them?
I tire o. perpetually giving excuses for promiscuouity and when they see promiscuous females, they will be the first to cast a stone

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Godmystrength: 2:03pm On Aug 21, 2014
crackhaus: Thank goodness I never cheated once before, this post ain't for me...no doubt! grin lipsrsealed
Are you SURE grin?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 21, 2014
SAMBARRY: I tire o. perpetually giving excuses for promiscuouity and when they see promiscuous females, they will be the first to cast a stone

Na im be the thing wey dey tire me for this kind argument. How is it possible for men to keep running around with gifts and money hoping that ladies dnt collect them? Does that make sense? why can't they themselves change? why must it be the ladies that are always to change? how does that help? The married men wey dey cheat, dem no get motherless babies homes to donate their money and gifts to? And after screwing around with these ladies, they come here to Nairaland and play Saints by criticising them. Which kind hypocrisy be that?

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Hybrid600: 2:32pm On Aug 21, 2014
No one is justifying d actions of d men. Men who wd Cheat wd stil do so, der r stil dose dat r dedicated n wnt cheat...
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hybrid600: No one is justifying d actions of d men. Men who wd Cheat wd stil do so, der r stil dose dat r dedicated n wnt cheat...

Thank you. since men will continue to cheat, ladies will continue to open legs for them. Both the men and ladies help one another in the menace. Its a symbotic relationship. Since they dnt want to change, you dnt expect the ladies to change. for every wh0re, there must be a love-vendor. You dnt flash money and riches at ladies EXPECTING them not to collect. THERE IS A MOTIVE BEHIND FLASHING MONEY AND RICHES.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Pavore9: 3:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
Promiscuity always end with regrets! No matter how "sweet" it may look, it is pain coated in bliss, don't be fooled, ask those who have travelled that lane!
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 21, 2014

21. Cultural reasons– He may come from a culture (Caribbean, certain European or Asian cultures) where it’s common for men to have mistresses.

Where is African culture in this?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by cococandy(f): 3:57pm On Aug 21, 2014
OP you kept repeating points just in different words but same points.
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 21, 2014
Men are polygamous by nature .....

...... and immune to STDs. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by jaybee3(m): 4:05pm On Aug 21, 2014
cococandy: OP you kept repeating points just in different words but same points.
Oya tell us jare
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by cococandy(f): 4:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
Nothing to tell o.
Just reading and learning.

That's how I noted the points he repeated. All in all most of them are true. smiley
jaybee3:
Oya tell us jare
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by jaybee3(m): 4:12pm On Aug 21, 2014
cococandy: Nothing to tell o.
Just reading and learning.

That's how I noted the points he repeated. All in all most of them are true. smiley

How you take know?

They cheat because they have a ready and willing accomplice. No be so?

all these text book ish na hogwash jare
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by cococandy(f): 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2014
jaybee3:

that too.
Like I've always said,men do not cheat more than women.

Just that this topic is about guys. I wish someone would create one for ladies let me come give them some points about why ladies cheat.
That's if the guys will ever believe their wives are capable of cheating. grin
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 21, 2014
jaybee3:

How you take know?

all these text book ish na hogwash jare
There must be a ready and willing accomplice.
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by jaybee3(m): 4:39pm On Aug 21, 2014
softsparkyy:
There must be a ready and willing accomplice.
wetin you dey yarn jor

you don drink ogogolo again?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Wife Has A joystick- Nigerian Man Discovers On Wedding Night / Why Do People Get Angry When Given Something With The Left Hand. Is It A Crime / When Is It Too Late For A Guy/girl To Marry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.