Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE (17162 Views)

Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding / FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide / FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by legacyint: 7:34am On Aug 22, 2014
Is about time,though the statement is laughable.cheesy
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by arsetalks(m): 7:34am On Aug 22, 2014
Funny that. He is indirectly saying consumers must pay a fixed price that they shouldn't pay simply because some people refuse to do the right thing(s).

We pay them to be ineffective/inefficient. What a nice way of calling us iidiots.

1 Like

Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by freshprincex49(m): 7:38am On Aug 22, 2014
lastpage:

The 'bolded" statement above is a sure way to ensure that those who benefit from the collection of that fixed charge, being the same people who are supposed to increase power generation, WILL DO EVERYTHING IN THEIR "POWER" TO SABOTAGE ANY POWER INCREASE, JUST TO MAINTAIN THE STATUS-QUO!

Its like tasking generator importers to ensure there is stable electricity! shocked shocked shocked

No! No!! No!!!

Lastpage!
my thoughts exactly! These crooks in positions of authority are never sincere about anything. The power sector hs been creating millioneers since time immemorial. Obasanjo sunk about 15Billion dollars into the power sector with no tangible results. Basing the scrapping of the fixed charges on an eventuality is another way of telling Nigerians to forget it. For all I know, this may happen in 2090! Rubish!!!

1 Like

Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by Ogonimilitant(m): 7:43am On Aug 22, 2014
I really don't understand this country.
That means the people the sold PHCN to, do
Not have the financial capacity to run this firm

So FG was lying when they said if you don't
Have light Up to 50% in a month you will
Not be charged the fixed rate which is the service charge

I thought this PHCN has been sold, why is FG now bringing
Out money to buy metres for them?

Nigerian politicians have failed Nigerians

1 Like

Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 22, 2014
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by eddiegate(m): 7:52am On Aug 22, 2014
Enjoyin lite in ma area since 2013..,no jokes 48hrs I swear..lite don tire me self...abeg whr deir switch dey make I use my hand off lite..haba...GEJ till 2030. Like if y'all wif moi
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by lilprinze: 7:54am On Aug 22, 2014
FG has started waking up from their slumber how would someone be paying for light he did not use or enjoy they are just cheating us
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by arsetalks(m): 7:55am On Aug 22, 2014
eddiegate: Enjoyin lite in ma area since 2013..,no jokes 48hrs I swear..lite don tire me self...abeg whr deir switch dey make I use my hand off lite..haba...GEJ till 2030. Like if y'all wif moi
Look for your likes elsewhere. We are not taken.

48 hours ko 72 hours ni.
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by arsetalks(m): 7:57am On Aug 22, 2014
lilprinze: FG has started waking up from their slumber how would someone be paying for light he did not use or enjoy they are just cheating us
waking up? He has just told you in a gentleman manner that you will continue to pay them for not doing the right thing.

Status quo is getting maintained and you think they are waking up?

1 Like

Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by Pavore9: 7:57am On Aug 22, 2014
Even after 15 years of democracy under PDP & billions of dollars spent on various power projects we are still talking about 3000MW-4000MW! Who says PDP is not working & has no moral right 2 ask Nigerians to allow them continue managing our resources?
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by Genea(f): 7:58am On Aug 22, 2014
Have been hearing dis shit all ma lyf
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by Ynsai(m): 8:01am On Aug 22, 2014
Another way of canvasing?! Mptcw!
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by omoredia: 8:04am On Aug 22, 2014
$%&

Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by emog17(m): 8:05am On Aug 22, 2014
eddiegate: Enjoyin lite in ma area since 2013..,no jokes 48hrs I swear..lite don tire me self...abeg whr deir switch dey make I use my hand off lite..haba...GEJ till 2030. Like if y'all wif moi
lol
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 22, 2014
Can someone tell me what that fixed charge is for?

U use light, u no use light dem go still carry fixed charge come.
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by crusader01(m): 8:14am On Aug 22, 2014
Chai! See conditional clause
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by Electronzeez(m): 8:16am On Aug 22, 2014
A
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by Akalia(m): 8:19am On Aug 22, 2014
[s]
RFella: Here in Airport road, Warri....our light na European own oh...we dey flexx am like say tomorrow nor dey...I no fit south
[s][/s]
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by Akalia(m): 8:21am On Aug 22, 2014
Genea: Have been hearing dis shit all ma lyf
fine girl Howdy?
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by iswallker(m): 8:23am On Aug 22, 2014
He said the charge was the initial sacrifice consumers had to make given the huge financial investment made by the new investors in the power sector, who had yet to make adequate returns on their investments.

consumers have to make a sacrifice because investors want to make return on investment. so investors did not know ab initio that the level of power generation could not guarantee them returns.

nigerians suffering since amalgamation...

1 Like

Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by Reference(m): 8:23am On Aug 22, 2014
RFella: Here in Airport road, Warri....our light na European own oh...we dey flexx am like say tomorrow nor dey...I no fit south

Hope you are paying for it properly. That is the only way to guarantee it will last....and use it productively to create wealth...power at this nascent stage of our development is not for 'enjoyment'. It is much too expensive for that
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by omowolewa: 8:27am On Aug 22, 2014
Government collected monies from the tax payers to supply zÈre-electricity.

When see that is not working, they sold zero-electricity to the citizen and mandates the citizen to pay for zero-electricity.
Unfortunately, the zero-power citizen cannot fight for their right!

If power belongs to the taxpayers, why can't PBE sell 49% of the privatisation holdings on stock exchange. After all it their property, just a change of controlling hands.

If cost of banking loan is soo expensive, why can't the investors go through NSE rather than making citizens pay up their loans while the government feel unconcerned?

Privatisation at any point will always create bigboyz, and poor citizen. This time a poorer citizen (Atedo Peterside should have foreseen this).
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by galadima77(m): 8:27am On Aug 22, 2014
always having excuses for their inadequacies....Provide Power or keep making efforts to.
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by MarieSucre(f): 8:28am On Aug 22, 2014
we made other sacrifices. give us the benefits first. then we can consider this? angrywe made other sacrifices. give us the benefits first. then we can consider this?
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by Electronzeez(m): 8:30am On Aug 22, 2014
If understand the fixed charge very well, its a charge to be payed by consumer either with power supply or not to continue maintaining the operation of the generating station.

So, dikki saying an improvement in power generation would forfiet the fixed charge is pure scam. This is charge that will continue as far as the generating station is run by FG.
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by Idealworld(f): 8:33am On Aug 22, 2014
sm pple no dey enjoy lite b4 tok mre of nw dem wan make am free...dis 1 if u complain,dem go shut u up n say aftall u no dey pay cheesy undecided
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by KwoiZabo(m): 8:38am On Aug 22, 2014
“When power generation increases, the fixed charge will go,” he added.
The truth is actually the reverse. if fixed charge doesn't go power generation will not increase.

1 Like

Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by clemhova: 8:39am On Aug 22, 2014
Tazmode: Bros Benji, we no dey enjoy light 4 lasgidi o. I no undastand d kind fermented dust wey u dey yan undecided
LOLZ

AS USUAL THERE WILL PUT INVESTORS INTEREST FIRST BEFORE NIGERIANS INTEREST

LET ME BORROW HIS WORDS NIGERIAN CITIZENS ARE RESERVED BIDDERS WHILE THE INVESTORS ARE PREFERRED BIDDERS grin
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by henryadex(m): 8:49am On Aug 22, 2014
The water level in the rainy season always make the electricity producers to make big mouth
let come the dry season then they can boast
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by Chienex24(m): 8:52am On Aug 22, 2014
etunoman76:

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-to-cancel-fixed-electricity-charge-bpe/

Anything that concerns the plight of the masses will be like... Government to, will soon!!
But talk about rallies corruption & campaigns, it is; FG has, jona sacked a trumpet blower or FG replies APC!

Still waiting for steady power supply since 17BC!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funny New Year Messages And Pictures. / Steps On How To Remain Poor. / Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.