Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,757 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (588905 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by dsauce: 1:08pm On Aug 25, 2015
fizzile:
I called them and they gave me d right date. Am writing here in Calabar.

ok dats gud. which of d dates was ryt for speaking test. 28th or 29th
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by fizzile(m): 2:48pm On Aug 25, 2015
dsauce:

ok dats gud. which of d dates was ryt for speaking test. 28th or 29th
Its on the 28th.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Jideish: 10:24am On Aug 27, 2015
kenyandude:

just sent it

Mr Kenyandude please kindly send me the ielts materials.
Jideish@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Jideish: 10:25am On Aug 27, 2015
Tekecoms1:
please I also want the IELTS material sir.
My mail is felastick@gmail.com.

Please I also want the ielts material too.
Jideish@yahoo.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Jideish: 10:35am On Aug 27, 2015
kenyandude:
Praise the Lord, I got the cut off mark I needed for my IELTS. thanks to the guy that sent me IELTS materials (can't remember his name now o....coz of excitement lol) may the name of the Lord be praised. HALLELUJAH

Please also send me the materials for the ielts. Jideish@yahoo.com.thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by fizzile(m): 11:12am On Aug 27, 2015
I DON'T KNOW WHY ITS DIFFICULT FOR PEOPLE TO JUST SEND MATERIALS TO ONE ANOTHER. CAN'T WE HELP? Please send to me dck307@yahoo.com. I have speaking test tomorrow and the main test on saturday. I have been practicing with some materials I printed online. I need more plzz
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by fizzile(m): 1:05am On Aug 28, 2015
FOR THOSE WHO NEED TIPS IN THE IELTS SPEAKING TEST: IELTS Speaking Test: Key Facts
Duration: Between 11 and 14 minutes.
Participants: Candidates interviewed individually.
The test is recorded.
Format: The test consists of three parts.
Part 1 (Interview)
Part 1 of the IELTS Speaking test lasts between 4 and
5 minutes. The examiner will ask some simple
'getting-to-know-you' questions which will help the
examiner find out a little about you and help put
you at ease. These will be general questions such as
about your family, your studies, where you come
from or what your interests are.
Example Questions
Q: Where are you from?
Q: Why are you studying English?
Q: Have you visited any English speaking countries?
Q: Do you play any sports?
Tips!
Giving full, relevant answers to the examiner's
questions will help get the interview off to a good
start.
1) Avoid giving short, uncommunicative replies.
Q: Where are you from?
A: I'm from Hoorn in the Netherlands. (Don't stop
there!) It's about 35 kilometers north of Amsterdam.
It's a modern city but with a lot of history and a
lovely place to live.
2) Avoid short, 'yes', 'no' answers to closed
questions. (These are questions beginning 'Have you
...', 'Do you ...', 'Is it ...' etc which can be answered
simply with a yes or no answer).
Q: Have you visited any English speaking countries?
A: Yes. (Don't stop there!) I went to England last year
and spent two weeks seeing the sights. A couple of
years ago I went to New York with my parents and
had a great time.
Q: Do you play any sports?
A: No. (Don't stop there!) I'm not really interested in
playing sports. I like watching sport on TV and I
really enjoyed keeping up with the Olympics
recently.
3) Offer examples to help you explain a statement.
Q: Why are you preparing for the IELTS exam?
A: Because I need it for my studies. (Don't stop
there!) I've been offered a place at a university in
England to study on an MBA but I need to show my
level of English is good enough.
Part 2 (Long Turn)
Part 2 of the IELTS Speaking test lasts between 3 and
4 minutes (including 1 minute preparation time). The
examiner gives you a task card and you have to
speak about the subject without interruption for
between 1 and 2 minutes.
Example Task
Example 1) Describe a place you have visited that
you have fond memories of.
You should say:
where this was
why you went there
what you did there
and what it was about the place that makes it so
memorable.
Example 2) Describe your favourite personal
possession.
You should say:
what this possession is
when you first got it
when you use it
and why it's so important to you.
Tips!
1. Use your 1 minute preparation time wisely and
make notes of the points you'd like to make.
2. The question will help you with the structure of
your talk. The introduction can include the item itself
and maybe a brief description. The main body of
your talk could describe the situation when you
acquired the object and go on to explain when you
use it. You can then end with an explanation of why
the object is so important.
3. Try to avoid giving a very dry, unimaginative
introduction such as ' The object I'm going to
describe is ....'. Get your talk off to a memorable
start with something on the lines of: 'If I was about
to lose everything and could only save one thing it
would be my ... ', or 'I've got several things that mean
a lot to me but the one that really stands out is my
... '
4. If you're concerned about not having enough to
talk about for 1 to 2 minutes or running out of time
before you've finished, the answer is to practise as
often as possible. Time yourself and ask a friend for
feedback.
Part 3: (Two-Way Discussion)
In Part 3 of the test, which lasts between 3 to 4
minutes, the examiner will ask you questions linked
to the topic in Part 2.
Example Questions (Based on example topics in
Part 2 above)
Q: It is sometimes argued that local cultures are
being destroyed by tourism. Why do think people
might feel this?
Q: What benefits do people get from travelling to
other countries?
Q: Do you think people are becoming too
materialistic?
Q: To what extent are people's buying habits
affected by advertising?
Tips!
1. If you need time to collect your thoughts use
expressions (sparingly) like: ' That's a good
question.', 'Well, let me think ...'.
2. Don't forget to avoid short, 'yes', 'no' answers. Try
to offer examples to back up a statement.
3. Help make your contributions memorable. Try
explaining a point using a short, personal anecdote.
4. If the examiner asks a question that you don't
understand, take control of the situation with
questions such as those that appear below.
Responding like this will show evidence of your
communication skills.
A) If the examiner uses a word or phrase that you
don't understand, say something like:
"Sorry but could you explain what you mean by
........" or
"I haven't come across that word/expression before.
Could you explain what you mean?"
B) If you simply didn't hear something that was
asked, respond with:
"Excuse me, I didn't quite catch that. Could you say
that again?"
"I'm sorry, but would you mind repeating that?"
C) If you want to make sure you've understood what
the examiner has asked you could say:
"Do you mean ........"
"When you say ........, do you mean/are you asking
........?

19 Likes 9 Shares

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Giov: 5:50am On Aug 29, 2015
.;
fizzile:
Bro I don't think you did it well. Please use this link: https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CountryExamSearch.aspx or you go to www.ielts.britishcouncil.org then you choose ur country which is nigeria,the u will see where to select October and d state den u folo the steps. Do it,it will be of help. Don't panic.
Bro iv tried yet experiencing the same difficulty. I think i may just have to wait a bit more to see if they would display October dates on their page cos if what im thinking is true, maybe they want the spaces in September to be fully booked before they can display dates for subsequent months. By the way is dia any body in the house that have been able to register for October exam date here? 31st of October to be precise. cos the pix i munched is what mine is showing me.

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by fizzile(m): 11:07pm On Aug 29, 2015
Giov:
.; Bro iv tried yet experiencing the same difficulty. I think i may just have to wait a bit more to see if they would display October dates on their page cos if what im thinking is true, maybe they want the spaces in September to be fully booked before they can display dates for subsequent months. By the way is dia any body in the house that have been able to register for October exam date here? 31st of October to be precise. cos the pix i munched is what mine is showing me.
Yeah ur right. I just saw it. Maybe u just have to wait for some time. I guess they have to put some logistics in place to be sure it will hold that month.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by fizzile(m): 11:09pm On Aug 29, 2015
For those of you that took the ielts test today,how was your experience? As for me,it was great and I expect a great result,God willing.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Tekecoms1(m): 12:39pm On Aug 30, 2015
Sammybbb:
So Happy,wanna share my testimony
LISTENING= 7.0
SPEAKING= 7.0
READING = 7.5
WRITTING= 6.0

OVERALL = 7.0
Please I have exams on September 12 in Ibadan and I need materials to boost my preparations.
Please send me helpful materials to this email
Olowofelaleke@yahoo.com.au

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Tekecoms1(m): 12:40pm On Aug 30, 2015
Please I have exams on September 12 in Ibadan and I need materials to boost my preparations.
Please send me helpful materials to this email
Olowofelaleke@yahoo.com.au
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Walexwal: 4:03am On Sep 02, 2015
please help me with the materials for preparation of my exams. walexwaldaguru@gmail.com.

thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 5:46am On Sep 02, 2015
Hello everyone! I hope this thread isn't too Late for me to share for some folks who are writing IELTS test.
I wrote mine July 23rd, 2015 at ibadan centre (mauve 21) and to tell you what, IELTS seems way easier than GRE,GMAT and TOEFL if you can dedicate at least 2weeks practice to prepare. I have a link I can share about free ebooks on Cambridge IELTS volume 1 to 9(they are each worth 1gb. In size so prepare to have enough mb for downloads or u select from volume 7 to 9 like I did). Should you be interested, you can email me at contactchyma@yahoo.com and I'd send a link where you can download it with no fees attached. Goodluck to prospective test takers.
BTW: my 2 weeks set aside for study and focus without working was worth it

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Growingboi(m): 3:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
Thank you for this kind gesture. Bt y not make the gesture unconditional? We are not used to sending personal mail here, share what ever you have for everyone to benefit.

chayema:
Hello everyone! I hope this thread isn't too Late for me to share for some folks who are writing IELTS test.
I wrote mine July 23rd, 2015 at ibadan centre (mauve 21) and to tell you what, IELTS seems way easier than GRE,GMAT and TOEFL if you can dedicate at least 2weeks practice to prepare. I have a link I can share about free ebooks on Cambridge IELTS volume 1 to 9(they are each worth 1gb. In size so prepare to have enough mb for downloads or u select from volume 7 to 9 like I did). Should you be interested, you can email me at contactchyma@yahoo.com and I'd send a link where you can download it with no fees attached. Goodluck to prospective test takers.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by GidiPrince: 5:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
hello house,
i tried registering for ielts but i mistakenly closed my browser after getting to the payment page so i couldnt make payment immediately. how do i pay with my mastercard or i have no option than to pay with Bank draft?
kindly respond ASAP.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Growingboi(m): 9:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
Log in with your email and ref No. that was sent to ur mailbox. Then try make the payment again. If it deosnt work, then you have to register using another email or switch to bank draft.

GidiPrince:
hello house,
i tried registering for ielts but i mistakenly closed my browser after getting to the payment page so i couldnt make payment immediately. how do i pay with my mastercard or i have no option than to pay with Bank draft?
kindly respond ASAP.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by GidiPrince: 5:25pm On Sep 03, 2015
i tried using another email address but i still get the same error message.
Oooops! An error has occurred that we didn't anticipate, for which we apologise. Fortunately, the error has been logged for our techie people to investigate.

Please return to the Home page and try again.

Growingboi:
Log in with your email and ref No. that was sent to ur mailbox. Then try make the payment again. If it deosnt work, then you have to register using another email or switch to bank draft.

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 6:07am On Sep 04, 2015
chayema:

I'd be writing in few weeks time. Kindly send the link to emahnwel@gmail.com.

I appreciate.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by mickey45: 8:25am On Sep 04, 2015
Sammybbb:
So Happy,wanna share my testimony
LISTENING= 7.0
SPEAKING= 7.0
READING = 7.5
WRITTING= 6.0

OVERALL = 7.0

How long did it take you to prepare for the test? A person needs the test but she's worried it might be too late this year...
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 04, 2015
http://saifulislamsaaif..com/2014/01/cambridge-practice-tests-for-ielts-1-to.html?m=1

Or 

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-ikaTdt2XnEY3ZmTGNUTzIxbVE&usp=sharing&tid=0B-ikaTdt2XnEXzhWLXJhYWR5OHM

Any of the two should work .it comprises of both Academic and General test all in pdf format plus the audio files for the speaking test and answers too.  
Goodluck with your preparation

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 04, 2015
mickey45:

How long did it take you to prepare for the test? A person needs the test but she's worried it might be too late this year...

3weeks without divided attention from place of work or any activities that won't give you maximum hours to study in a day. It's not too late this year. Afterall IELTS is written thrice every month so she can still sit for the test OCT,NOV,DEC if she is ready.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 04, 2015
electrify:

I'd be writing in few weeks time. Kindly send the link to emahnwel@gmail.com.

I appreciate.

Finally found a way to post it here. Look below but I'd. Still send it to your mail
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 04, 2015
Growingboi:
Thank you for this kind gesture. Bt y not make the gesture unconditional? We are not used to sending personal mail here, share what ever you have for everyone to benefit.

[color=#990000][/color]NOTED

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Tekecoms1(m): 10:50pm On Sep 05, 2015
chayema:
Please where is the Ibadan center located?
I have exams on the 12th and i am so scared.
Please help me with materials.
Olowofelaleke@yahoo.com.au.
Thank you.07033031385 is my number.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 12:36am On Sep 06, 2015
Tekecoms1:

Please where is the Ibadan center located?
I have exams on the 12th and i am so scared.
Please help me with materials.
Olowofelaleke@yahoo.com.au.
Thank you.07033031385 is my number.
Bros fear not abeg. You are too loaded to be scared. The ibadan centre is at Mauve 21 event centre. From "challenge", enter a cab going to ring road and tell the driver you Would be stopping at Mauve 21 ( 30naira fare). It's not more dan 5mins drive from challenge bus stop. Check ur mail for the materials and goodluck. Shd have further questions or assistance feel free to contact me via my mail or this forum
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by noordyn: 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2015
i am new here and i highly impressed with people's comment as i will like to know more about ielts and i believe i am in a right place moreso, can i get the material my email is nurudeentella@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Mezzy11: 6:20pm On Sep 07, 2015
Good Evening everyone. Please have anyone written IELTS exam in Enugu state center. Please let the person kindly share his/her experience as I am seriously considering using this as my center.

Thanks (Please I am mostly interested in the audio facilities. How well it works, to avoid shenghan excuses smiley)
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by fizzile(m): 7:07pm On Sep 07, 2015
Well I wrote in Calabar centre last month and it was a nice experience. Well arranged,all of us were on our individual headphones,a condusive hall with well air-conditioned system. Everything went absolutely smooth and I can't wait for the result which will be out by friday this week. Am really expectant.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Justyce(m): 7:09pm On Sep 07, 2015
Jideish:

Please also send me the materials for the ielts. Jideish@yahoo.com.thanks
please I also need the materials. my email is justice_Isaac@yahoo.co.uk
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Justyce(m): 7:23pm On Sep 07, 2015
I really appreciate this forum and thread because it has been very helpful thanks @op.. my issue is that I shall be writing soonest. therefore I wish a kind hearted person to send me materials.. meanwhile which method of registration is the best. thanks a lot.
my email is justice_Isaac@yahoo.co.uk
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 07, 2015
fizzile:
Well I wrote in Calabar centre last month and it was a nice experience. Well arranged,all of us were on our individual headphones,a condusive hall with well air-conditioned system. Everything went absolutely smooth and I can't wait for the result which will be out by friday this week. Am really expectant.

Lol. Just like how I was so expectant that I had to check online for my result. You could do the same. #winks#

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.