Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,647 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (590872 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ladybimbo: 8:44pm On Sep 09, 2016
Good evening, i am new here and having scrolled up i will love to ask a few questions here and I'll be grateful if my questions are answered. Thank you.
1. Apart from the ieltsbuddy.com, is there any other site to practise ielts?
2. Can I use ielts to get resident visa in Canada?
3. I am married, does husband needs to write the exam for us to get the Visa.
4. I heard of WES and IQAS, please what's the difference?
Thank you sirs and mas

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Josh4wod: 8:21am On Sep 13, 2016
embarassed
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Aluqman(m): 1:03am On Sep 14, 2016
1. Aside ieltsbuddy.com there are other useful sites you can consult depending on the time you have, just check the previous post say from pages 20 downward you will definitely get them.

2. You can use the ielts results to get the residents visa provided you have a high score band in your results and you are selected in the pool but, mind you this is just the first steps among others in the processing of resident visa.

3. One person must write i.e the principal while the other legal partner can depend on the principal as well as the children if applicable.

4. WES and IQAS does the same work but WES is somehow faster and efficient compared to IQAS according to online review, you can check it out by your self to confirm it. If the assessment is for educational process check the specification on the school websites whether they accepts WES or IQAS.

I HOPE THIS IS HELPFUL TO YOU.
BEST OF LUCK

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by primeson1(m): 7:52am On Sep 15, 2016
Iqas is faster, disregard online review. I regret using WES... Since March 2016, stil on verification.

Aluqman:
1. Aside ieltsbuddy.com there are other useful sites you can consult depending on the time you have, just check the previous post say from pages 20 downward you will definitely get them.

2. You can use the ielts results to get the residents visa provided you have a high score band in your results and you are selected in the pool but, mind you this is just the first steps among others in the processing of resident visa.

3. One person must write i.e the principal while the other legal partner can depend on the principal as well as the children if applicable.

4. WES and IQAS does the same work but WES is somehow faster and efficient compared to IQAS according to online review, you can check it out by your self to confirm it. If the assessment is for educational process check the specification on the school websites whether they accepts WES or IQAS.

I HOPE THIS IS HELPFUL TO YOU.
BEST OF LUCK

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 17, 2016
Cottyekundayo:

Good scores. the Latter shall surpass the former. writing my exam tomorrow in benin 23-01-16.

Hi .. I've seen my ielts result online but I did it in Abuja and living in Ibadan ... I want to collect my test report form because I need it ASAP because of the school am enrolling for .. I just want to ask if you know the number of days they normally use to use courier to send the result for someone not living outside the state the ielts is done ..
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by diddy25(m): 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2016
God bless you for coming up with this trend. I want to apply for IELTS. I went to a center that's involve in this and I was told it will cost me 55k and the lesson or tutorial class will cost me 20k. Please I need your advice on the way forward .. My email is daudbamigbade@gmail.com. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Cottyekundayo(m): 4:36pm On Sep 17, 2016
Iblad0994:

Hi .. I've seen my ielts result online but I did it in Abuja and living in Ibadan ... I want to collect my test report form because I need it ASAP because of the school am enrolling for .. I just want to ask if you know the number of days they normally use to use courier to send the result for someone not living outside the state the ielts is done ..my email is iblad007@gmail.com
When you registered, I am sure you must have included your house addy, that is the address they will send it to. And it would be the following week you received saw result online.(frim the best of my knowledge) if you do not receive it... you may wanna call abuja office to ask for details of your result. I experienced something like that sha
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by JoshMedia: 7:43am On Sep 29, 2016
BEST OF LUCK FOR US

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by iamimonitie(m): 6:06pm On Oct 02, 2016
Hello everyone. . Many thanks to those who created and have continued to maintain this page. Your contributions have been immensely helpful.
I intend to register for the general IELTS in Benin city I've discovered that theres only one available date for the exam this year. (19th november 2016).
I have tried to register online via the British Council portal (https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CandidateDetails.aspx), but iv had the challenge of uploading a passport photograph or even a picture of my international passort in compliance with the technical (size and resolution) specifications they requested on the online application form.
Please has anyone done the online registration recently? I am urgently in need of tips. I would really appreciate any assistance please.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by iamimonitie(m): 7:51am On Oct 03, 2016
jeffery23:
Hello guys, nice thread and overall, good advice and
suggestions you guys are offering here. So I just
registered for the IELTS general test today which
would be taking place next month, and I haven't read
jack... For those who did well, do
you mind sending me materials you found most helpful
in getting high scores? Also, tips for scoring high would
be highly appreciated. I'm planning to do maraton
reading before saturday. My email address is
jefferygardner23@gmail.com
P.S: Anyone can pitch in with their tricks and tips on
doing well on the Ielts General....help a brother out #GODBLESS...

Hello bro. Please i intend to register to take the test in November. Im having problems with my online registration please. Especially with the uploading of a passport photo and a copy of my international passport. Ive attempted to do it on my phone, but ive been unable to. How did you register please?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by iamimonitie(m): 7:58am On Oct 03, 2016
TeeBaggy:
Good evening everyone....please do I have to get an international passport before applying for the IELTS exam
2. Which of the exams is some going to work over there to take - academic or general training?
Thanks in advance.

Yes you need an international passport. If you are relocating for permanent stay, or for purposes other than academic related, its the general module you need to register for. Good luck
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by iamimonitie(m): 7:59am On Oct 03, 2016
Josh4wod:
Hi, anyone writing IELTS around sep to december?

Yep.. November
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by intrinsicniyi(m): 12:27pm On Oct 06, 2016
Hi, house. Trust everyone is doing awesome.

To CoColav, I will like to connect & make probably make enquiry or better still provide guideline on how to get Msc research admission in Canada.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by CoCoLav(f): 12:34pm On Oct 06, 2016
intrinsicniyi:
Hi, house. Trust everyone is doing awesome.

To CoColav, I will like to connect & make probably make enquiry or better still provide guideline on how to get Msc research admission in Canada.

Sure, send me a PM.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by intrinsicniyi(m): 1:22pm On Oct 06, 2016
CoCoLav:

Sure, send me a PM.

Done!

Thanks for your prompt response.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by pearlhabour: 6:35pm On Oct 06, 2016
Good evening everyone. Please I am registering for IELTS general, scheduled on  third of November, 2016 in Enugu, and I have been issued 52,000 naira bank draft in favour of British council. However, upon getting to your office to complete the registration, I was asked to pay additional 10,000 naira, making it 62,000 naira in total, that the fee has been increased..Please, I would like to confirm this fee increase since it does not in any way reflect on their website. Please can anyone who registered recently tell me how much he paid.. I have already mailed their office, but it could take a couple of days to get their feedback and I am expected to complete my registration tomorrow. Thank you.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by cc150615(f): 7:21pm On Oct 06, 2016
pearlhabour:
Good evening everyone. Please I am registering for IELTS general, scheduled on  third of November, 2016 in Enugu, and I have been issued 52,000 naira bank draft in favour of British council. However, upon getting to your office to complete the registration, I was asked to pay additional 10,000 naira, making it 62,000 naira in total, that the fee has been increased..Please, I would like to confirm this fee increase since it does not in any way reflect on their website. Please can anyone who registered recently tell me how much he paid.. I have already mailed their office, but it could take a couple of days to get their feedback and I am expected to complete my registration tomorrow. Thank you.
I think you should call the customer care line on the website, call the headquarters or another branch not enugu branch
+234-1-4603090-9
That's the number for their Lagos office which I think also doubles as their HQ in Nigeria, call them btw 8am-12noon tomorrow nd confirm.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by olapinto(m): 12:58am On Oct 07, 2016
please i need materials to prepare for ielts.. this is my mail sodmond55@gmail.com...
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by cc150615(f): 7:04am On Oct 07, 2016
olapinto:
please i need materials to prepare for ielts.. this is my mail sodmond55@gmail.com...
Download the edx app from Google apptore and take the ielts course there offered by university of Queensland or so,that would do you a lot of good
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by pearlhabour: 10:21am On Oct 07, 2016
Good morning everyone.. I am registering for the Ielts November general module in Enugu.. They requested for additional 10,000 naira, making it 62,000 in total.. I have mailed their office wrt the additional fee but they are yet to reply me. I have called their offices but the lines have been endlessly busy. Please is there any one in the house who raised 52,000 naira bank draft and also paid 10,000 naira in their office in Enugu?.. Meanwhile their Enugu branch location according to the info on their website is DFID- Teachers house, Otigba junction, but when I got there, I was told that they have relocated and so directed to another place.. My registration deadline is today, I would appreciate assistance. Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by strictlynaija: 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2016
Hi guys, please how do I check IELTS result online

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by teeboy95: 2:39pm On Oct 07, 2016
strictlynaija:
Hi guys, please how do I check IELTS result online

Did you write on Sept 24.

I am looking to check online too.
I have the website but it's saying no result when I key in my info.
Seems I am doing something wrong
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by strictlynaija: 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2016
teeboy95:

Did you write on Sept 24.
I am looking to check online too. I have the website but it's saying no result when I key in my info. Seems I am doing something wrong
Yea I wrote on Sep 24th. I also tried to use the website but to no avail.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by teeboy95: 3:12pm On Oct 07, 2016
strictlynaija:

Yea I wrote on Sep 24th. I also tried to use the website but to no avail.

I guess it's not out.. online..
I have tried every permutation.

I thought maybe my candidates number was wrong.
Did you add a zero in front of your candidate number?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Aikchosen(m): 1:42am On Oct 08, 2016
Hello,
I also wrote my exam on Sept 24 port-harcourt precisely and can't access my result online. I have tried all permutation also to no avail. Even the the british council is not helping matters by not picking my calls and couldn't even at least send a massage across to this effect. I really need that result urgently to apply to the schools I intend to study with.
Please if you wrote this same date and have seen yours, try to tell the house about it. So we can know our fate.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Vicrown(m): 9:56am On Oct 10, 2016
Took IELTS in Lagos, 24th September 2016. The result came out today...

Listening: 7.5
Reading: 7.0
Writing: 6.5
Speaking: 7.0
Overall: 7.0

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Vicrown(m): 9:58am On Oct 10, 2016
teeboy95:

I guess it's not out.. online..
I have tried every permutation.

I thought maybe my candidates number was wrong.
Did you add a zero in front of your candidate number?

Check now, mine just came out today, Monday
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by teeboy95: 7:16am On Oct 11, 2016
Vicrown:

Check now, mine just came out today, Monday

Ok Thanks..
I have picked up mine from British Council.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by joey150(m): 8:28am On Oct 11, 2016
Fairly easy exam if you understand English to a reasonable extent..
I had 7.5 and i didnt study too much..

Goodluck lads. Listening is the hardest kind of...

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ccollins(m): 1:10pm On Oct 17, 2016
Iblad0994:

Hi .. I've seen my ielts result online but I did it in Abuja and living in Ibadan ... I want to collect my test report form because I need it ASAP because of the school am enrolling for .. I just want to ask if you know the number of days they normally use to use courier to send the result for someone not living outside the state the ielts is done ..my email is iblad007@gmail.com
please give me a detailed reply on how I can apply for ielts. and also preparations.I live in lagos
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ccollins(m): 1:16pm On Oct 17, 2016
Vicrown:
Took IELTS in Lagos, 24th September 2016. The result came out today...

Listening: 7.5
Reading: 7.0
Writing: 6.5
Speaking: 7.0
Overall: 7.0
please, I stay around alaba, where did you register and how... what's cost and all procedure. thank you
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Laird(m): 4:38pm On Oct 17, 2016
HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS

1-Visit the British council office in your state

2 -confirm the IELTS type You are to do ie IELTS general.or. IELTS academic or IELTS ukvi

3-Ask and confirm available date for exam in British council

4-Register and fill in your details on the ielts british council website and preferably do all your ielts website registration in a business centre

5-Carry your international passport and scan your passport data page at the business centre and upload into the ielts website on demand

6-printout internet IELTS registration slip following ielts website instructions from Business centre

7-Go to bank and raise a bankdraft to the sum.of the specific exact amount british council office tells you to pay based on the specific type of IELTS exam.

8-Take the internet IELTS registration printout , bank draft and passport to British council office and give the council the bankdraft and IELTS registration printout to officially register with the british council

9-The british council office will send you an email at about almost a week to the exam. The email will tell you the specific exam days and venues and specific exam time

10-Don't buy that their 5500 naira British council IELTS book.it is too small and a waste of money...

buy Barron's IELTS textbook from.bookshop..what I used.... about 6k in normal bookshop and has more material and comes with audio CDs

11-Ask around for the specific type of IELTS you want to do...ask your friends, people with similar reasons like you because British council officials can mislead you..
-
12. Your test venues, location amd centres, test identification number and test details will be sent to You in an email.from british council at about 4 days to the exam

In the email, British council will send to You,
You will be sent the addresses of two exam centres, exam venues , exam locations
One Centre will be Your speaking Exam Centre

Second centre will be Your listening, reading and writing centre

Exam.is for 2 days at two different centres, venues, locations

Ist day is Speaking test

Second day is listening, reading and writing tests

13. Make sure You visit and know the 2 exam venues, centres, locations about 3 days before the exam.to know the road, route and way to the exam venues, centre, location avoid being late to the exam and to plan Your exam day movement, journey, transport to the exam venue, location, centre,

14. Dress smartly and preferably corporately with neat haircut and not too much makeup

15. Carry Your International passport, sharpener(No razor blade allowed), eraser about 2, 2 HB PENCILS to the exam centre and a bottle of water

Good luck

*****Modified

If You are in Lagos and looking for Barron's IELTS Textbook to buy; There is a guy whose bookshop is opposite Tejuosho Market in.Yaba , Lagos, Nigeria. He sells Medical , GRE, IELTS, TOEFL, Guineas book of records, And other literature, engineering, general textbooks and Materials at good prices. His name is Chukwuma and this is his phone number 07069692144. You can call him for any book material

Caveat Emptor; Negotiate and buy at buyers risk. I have no business links, no business connections with the guy. I like his books and his prices and last time I bought Barron, He was the only one that had the book for sale. His prices are fair in my opinion

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.