Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? (19885 Views)

Tweet I Read Yesterday About Job Seekers, I Thought I Should Share. / My Funny Job Hunting Experience / What I Learnt From My Two Months Of Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Lero15(m): 10:52pm On Aug 21, 2014
MissJennifer:

grin grin grin
sister, your turn... cheesy
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by ABEngine(m): 11:07pm On Aug 21, 2014
MissJennifer:

grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin
Lol
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by bbdrown: 11:14pm On Aug 21, 2014
What abt govt jobs? That one na tragic-comedy! Pay b4 applying, even if u were not qualified for d post, nepotism! The NIS recruitment was hell. Nothing concrete till now after GEJ's intervention...Naija, I hail thee cool

2 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 22, 2014
cc150615:
babe you're so on point with that first point, 1 test nd 1 interview is just ok.
another point is not being re imbursed t fare for an interview
nd this last point There's Nothing more annoying than it, you pass a test then pass interview but keep swimming in a talent pool expecting to be called anytime to resume nd they're just calling ppl at random for offers, nd you're swimming for 3 months or over ,you can't know how it feels if you've not been there before.
it's well dear..we shall all tell our success story soon..
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by tolutweety(m): 8:24am On Aug 22, 2014
The posts I see here are all funny but true.
Will drop mine soon.

@Lero15.. I see u.Mrning sire!!

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Gozychuks(m): 8:41am On Aug 22, 2014
When U ask a girl out or trying to be friends with her. And she asks ''What do u do'' and u answer am ''currently job hunting''. Then she loses interest and stops paying u attention sometimes even sees u as good for nothing. That really hurts.

9 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by smudge2079(m): 8:55am On Aug 22, 2014
everything pisses me off. d job search, gettin insults from some HR and all.
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Lero15(m): 9:20am On Aug 22, 2014
tolutweety: The posts I see here are all funny but true.
Will drop mine soon.

@Lero15.. I see u.Mrning sire!!
I greet u, bro. Thanks. Nice day!
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by mcpat(m): 10:15am On Aug 22, 2014
Gozychuks: When U ask a girl out or trying to be friends with her. And she asks ''What do u do'' and u answer am ''currently job hunting''. Then she loses interest and stops paying u attention sometimes even sees u as good for nothing. That really hurts.
she will be the first to call u as soon as u upload a picture of u working in any of d big 4.

6 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by tolutweety(m): 10:38am On Aug 22, 2014
What could be more annoying and frustrating than you thinking and saying everyday " when will i stop applying for job sef embarassed , i don tire ! cry"

6 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by stellayt(f): 10:52am On Aug 22, 2014
Gozychuks: When U ask a girl out or trying to be friends with her. And she asks ''What do u do'' and u answer am ''currently job hunting''. Then she loses interest and stops paying u attention sometimes even sees u as good for nothing. That really hurts.

Eyahh...sowi
Maybe she knows if she demand now u will call her insensitive gf

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Gozychuks(m): 10:59am On Aug 22, 2014
stellayt:

Eyahh...sowi
Maybe she knows if she demand now u will call her insensitive gf
That's not how it works. Must she demand. Moreover it depends on what she is demanding for
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Gozychuks(m): 11:04am On Aug 22, 2014
mcpat:
she will be the first to call u as soon as u upload a picture of u working in any of d big 4.
And then u will play her like shit. And then she will say guys r players

4 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by stellayt(f): 11:07am On Aug 22, 2014
Gozychuks:
That's not how it works. Must she demand. Moreover it depends on what she is demanding for

Well I get your point... Then try getting the job if that's what will make her interested wink
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 22, 2014
MarvellousGod: 1)Some companies conduct like 2 tests and 3 interviews just for a position without minding the inconveniences and costs on the part of the applicant.. angry

2) Not getting back to applicants after a test/interview. .#thesilenttreatment angry angry

3) having to travel down to Lag for almost all job tests/int.

4) Having to struggle to get a job at the cost of many things only to be given your offer letter with 15k as the salary grin grin grin

5) Having to wait at an interview hall for hours before the interviewers show up...

Will add more later. .There are just so many of them

Especially KPMG,UAC and co....
Heartless HRs and associate directors...

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 22, 2014
so what annoys you about job hunting is a girl turning you down? That means you gat no problem guy..

8 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by akanbiaa(m): 11:44am On Aug 22, 2014
These is the weakness players exploits it such girls? They lie to them and deceive them into believing they are rich and ok and after taking them out and later sleeping with them try abandon them. But if you later get a good job such girls will show interest but note that they are not marriage material. A serious girl will struggle and not expect her man to be ready made as long as he is not lazy and he has skills, degree and potentials she can love him.

2 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by akanbiaa(m): 11:48am On Aug 22, 2014
stellayt:

Well I get your point... Then try getting the job if that's what will make her interested wink

Players will convince her they have gotten job if he need to borrow just to impress such lazy ladies and sleep with them and dump them. But a serious guy will not lie to a lady and if she still loves him jobless she will be the one worthy of marrying when real job and money comes. And no matter the condition they find themselves he is well assured she is reliable.

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Gozychuks(m): 12:07pm On Aug 22, 2014
MarvellousGod: so what annoys you about job hunting is a girl turning you down? That means you gat no problem guy..
Others have been posted by others above no need to repeat them. And these is not about me bro. So many pple experience it.

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Gozychuks(m): 12:09pm On Aug 22, 2014
akanbiaa: These is the weakness players exploits it such girls? They lie to them and deceive them into believing they are rich and ok and after taking them out and later sleeping with them try abandon them. But if you later get a good job such girls will show interest but note that they are not marriage material. A serious girl will struggle and not expect her man to be ready made as long as he is not lazy and he has skills, degree and potentials she can love him.
Ur on point bro
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Gozychuks(m): 12:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
stellayt:

Lol. Work in progress. But not to impress any1
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Gozychuks(m): 12:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
akanbiaa: Players will convince her they have gotten job if he need to borrow just to impress such lazy ladies and sleep with them and dump them. But a serious guy will not lie to a lady and if she still loves him jobless she will be the one worthy of marrying when real job and money comes. And no matter the condition they find themselves he is well assured she is reliable.
Ur right bro
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Lero15(m): 12:15pm On Aug 22, 2014
Yes! Another one! U want to gatecrash and the OP is hiding the full test details...selfishness!

7 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 22, 2014
Gozychuks:
Others have been posted by others above no need to repeat them. And these is not about me bro. So many pple experience it.
no offence bro smiley...
was just thinking, a girl turning you down simply because you hv no job shouldn't worry you rather make you happy you didn't end up with a materialistic lady who wants to reap where she didn't sow... A lady who wouldn't accept you because you hv no job doesn't hv an iota of love for you, you should be glad when she says no unless you wanted just a fling undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by stellayt(f): 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
akanbiaa: Players will convince her they have gotten job if he need to borrow just to impress such lazy ladies and sleep with them and dump them. But a serious guy will not lie to a lady and if she still loves him jobless she will be the one worthy of marrying when real job and money comes. And no matter the condition they find themselves he is well assured she is reliable.

But do u know that some guys dump a lady after they have made it in life...they Dont remember her when she stood by them while being jobless... So I think i no blame some chicks.
My own is to make a good living... Not depending on any guy... wink grin

7 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by victorVIC1(m): 1:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
Seeing a mouth watering job advert on nairaland only to apply and discover from d interview invite dat d advert was placed by a health stream coy(e.g Diamond Global Concept)....well,I trust in God to get me outa ds "unemployment box" soon

2 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by ijeomaayuba: 1:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
ok
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by shadowwalker101: 1:54pm On Aug 22, 2014
every thing
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by AriDsexy(f): 2:00pm On Aug 22, 2014
When you finish taking their test and interview and you know you've done well,someone else gets the job and the company doesn't even deem it fit to let u know that someone else has been selected for that postion...so annoying.

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
Applying & writing job interview tests and yet till UNEMPLOY 4 1YEAR. smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Contacted For Job Interview. / Constables Recruitment: IG Releases List Of Successful Candidates / Recruitment By Polytechnic Ile Ife, Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.