Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,379 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? (19882 Views)

Tweet I Read Yesterday About Job Seekers, I Thought I Should Share. / My Funny Job Hunting Experience / What I Learnt From My Two Months Of Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by BjMorgan(m): 9:54pm On Aug 22, 2014
Mine is a very annoying one, applied for a job on line not knowing it was a fake job interview, one Accent Hills Resourses in Ibadan, having one rude, disrespectful and ediot lady call Alhaja, mayb na manager or whatever she is self, they will post fake jobs online u will apply not knowing its a GNLD tins, which I ws not aware of from d start, was called for interview, wasted my money to ibadan, got there they started many stories, were asked to pay N9000, me mumu self I paid, inshort wasted more than N45,000, even wen I ws feed up with d stuff becos many lies just keep coming up every blessed day,courtesy of Bibian, she started d whole lie, by lying to me from d start, even when I came to know some truth, she lied to me dat d truth I know which happen to b d truth later on was a lie, my money with them, they refuse to give it bak, dat I must use it to collect their products by force, dis is so frustrating, I lend the money I used, not knowing what I ws getting myself into, was almost crying wen dat so called alhaja was even abusing me on d phone on top my money again o, pls beware o, that Accent Hills Resources, they ar big fraud, liars who ar just after ur money dats all, they will never let u know what u ar getting ur into until ur money enter their hand, after then na u go day face d music which am seriously facing now, I ws so foolish.

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
peenkey: Imagine an Interviewer asking me why I'm still jobless and 'not doing anything' 5 months after NYSC. How will I not be jobless when una no gree give pesin work after interviews and tests.
That is my point, employers do not want you to be reactive but proactive. How can you be at home for 5 months after NYSC without doing something. A collegue in church started as a Security guard-15k, he moved to be a teacher did that in less than a year and moved to become a driver, left that job and got a better one that pays 110k.

My point, GET BUSY.......WHINNING SOLVES NOTHING.

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by seagullbabz(m): 10:16pm On Aug 22, 2014
bbdrown: keystone

God bless u....lol

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by cc150615(f): 10:21pm On Aug 22, 2014
Givemejoy: What y'all are facing is normal, because after the storm comes the sunshine. Most peeps have been searching for a year plus and yet nothing is forthcoming.

Here is what I advice, start small anywhere or somewhere use that as a stepping stone or springboard to the next level. Whinning will not solve the problem, but getting busy will salvage the situation.
nobody said whining will solve the prob, just sharing stuffs to make ourselves laff

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
all this 1 una talk no dey pain me sef...
the 1 that pains me most, is when I miss the cut off mark by 1mark (or few points).....chai!

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by AdeniyiA(m): 10:35pm On Aug 22, 2014
HooxJnr: After hustling to enter a company to see a hr to submit a hard copy Cv, the hr will direct you to drop your cv with the gateman.
...and the CV eventually ends up wt guguru nd epa seller. God save you if they use it to wrap roasted plantain for you. angry

2 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by excellent2013(m): 10:38pm On Aug 22, 2014
went to make enquiry at a coy. met one aboki as gateman. he said 'we no get am fo enkuari, oga, e dey, enkuari, e no dey walahi'. don't ask me what i did next.

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by abdulslutsky(m): 10:49pm On Aug 22, 2014
excellent2013: went to make enquiry at a coy. met one aboki as gateman. he said 'we no get am fo enkuari, oga, e dey, enkuari, e no dey walahi'. don't ask me what i did next.
We are not asking you
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by excellent2013(m): 11:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
[quote author=abdulslutsky]
We are not asking you
emma don't look 4 trouble. are you the ab0ki?
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by abdulslutsky(m): 11:17pm On Aug 22, 2014
[quote author=excellent2013][/quote] grin
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Lero15(m): 11:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
Kachisbarbie: all this 1 una talk no dey pain me sef...
the 1 that pains me most, is when I miss the cut off mark by 1mark (or few points).....chai!
ouch!
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by bbdrown: 11:37pm On Aug 22, 2014
ogashman: I went for an interview.after d interview,i ws told to submit four passport photographs(after previously submittin four hard copies of my c.v).
I left n after a week,i received a regret txt msg(so annoyin).

i had to go there d nxt day,met d secretary n collected my passports.
@least they will be useful in future.
correct guy!

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by bbdrown: 11:41pm On Aug 22, 2014
Givemejoy: What y'all are facing is normal, because after the storm comes the sunshine. Most peeps have been searching for a year plus and yet nothing is forthcoming.

Here is what I advice, start small anywhere or somewhere use that as a stepping stone or springboard to the next level. Whinning will not solve the problem, but getting busy will salvage the situation.
thanks, but we are talking abt the ordeals of getting a Good job. Most of us are not that idle, but nothing to show for it...yet. so, let's see what you've got. I know u have stories to tell too.
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Rich4god(m): 12:17am On Aug 23, 2014
Anyi3: Receiving a regret mail packaged in a nice pdf file.
mehn why make someone burn extra mb to open regret
Halliburton....

5 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by GboyegaD(m): 6:39am On Aug 23, 2014
I pray something good come your way soon.

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by scantee(m): 7:06am On Aug 23, 2014
.... Following and laughing very hard haaaaa una no go kill person here ooooo chai chai what an old memory..... now Oluwa na Chineke is involved.
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by ghostwritter(m): 9:04am On Aug 23, 2014
BjMorgan: Mine is a very annoying one, applied for a job on line not knowing it was a fake job interview, one Accent Hills Resourses in Ibadan, having one rude, disrespectful and ediot lady call Alhaja, mayb na manager or whatever she is self, they will post fake jobs online u will apply not knowing its a GNLD tins, which I ws not aware of from d start, was called for interview, wasted my money to ibadan, got there they started many stories, were asked to pay N9000, me mumu self I paid, inshort wasted more than N45,000, even wen I ws feed up with d stuff becos many lies just keep coming up every blessed day,courtesy of Bibian, she started d whole lie, by lying to me from d start, even when I came to know some truth, she lied to me dat d truth I know which happen to b d truth later on was a lie, my money with them, they refuse to give it bak, dat I must use it to collect their products by force, dis is so frustrating, I lend the money I used, not knowing what I ws getting myself into, was almost crying wen dat so called alhaja was even abusing me on d phone on top my money again o, pls beware o, that Accent Hills Resources, they ar big fraud, liars who ar just after ur money dats all, they will never let u know what u ar getting ur into until ur money enter their hand, after then na u go day face d music which am seriously facing now, I ws so foolish.
Tunde Kelani will turn dis ur story into a blockbuster movie.....truly, thr are scammers everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by bbdrown: 9:16am On Aug 23, 2014
GboyegaD: I pray something good come your way soon.
amen ooo
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by chi8(m): 2:40pm On Aug 23, 2014
Job hunting has now bcome a constitutional mata ooo

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by McWhillion(m): 2:49pm On Aug 23, 2014
Nawa o, how person go comment, dem go delete am.
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by McWhillion(m): 2:51pm On Aug 23, 2014
BjMorgan: Mine is a very annoying one, applied for a job on line not knowing it was a fake job interview, one Accent Hills Resourses in Ibadan, having one rude, disrespectful and ediot lady call Alhaja, mayb na manager or whatever she is self, they will post fake jobs online u will apply not knowing its a GNLD tins, which I ws not aware of from d start, was called for interview, wasted my money to ibadan, got there they started many stories, were asked to pay N9000, me mumu self I paid, inshort wasted more than N45,000, even wen I ws feed up with d stuff becos many lies just keep coming up every blessed day,courtesy of Bibian, she started d whole lie, by lying to me from d start, even when I came to know some truth, she lied to me dat d truth I know which happen to b d truth later on was a lie, my money with them, they refuse to give it bak, dat I must use it to collect their products by force, dis is so frustrating, I lend the money I used, not knowing what I ws getting myself into, was almost crying wen dat so called alhaja was even abusing me on d phone on top my money again o, pls beware o, that Accent Hills Resources, they ar big fraud, liars who ar just after ur money dats all, they will never let u know what u ar getting ur into until ur money enter their hand, after then na u go day face d music which am seriously facing now, I ws so foolish.

I was about saying same, hope you are wise now...
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by BjMorgan(m): 6:34pm On Aug 23, 2014
ghostwritter:
Tunde Kelani will turn dis ur story into a blockbuster movie.....truly, thr are scammers everywhere.
Am telling u, its so annoying, I don wise up naw, but some people go still fall victim, make them shine their eyes o.
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by McWhillion(m): 6:43pm On Aug 23, 2014
BjMorgan I dey fear u o... Why are my comments re-edited or deleted anytime i quote you. If you're a mod then I am disappointed.
(I await your ban)
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 23, 2014
Was dropped at the sixth stage (Yeah! 6! U read that right) of a bank's (names withheld, I don't want them to be accessible to harsh words from here) recruitment process. Spanning Oct '13 - April '14.
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Nobody: 5:47am On Aug 24, 2014
Asking you to path with some money when they know you are jobless.
Forescom in collaboration with GIS is defrauding graduate.
Saw peace corp advert for youth empowerment only to get there to hear form is 1.5k and I will still pay 40k for the training. Tell me why it should be called youth empowerment at the first instance.
One stupid Ngo guy that I wanted to volunteer for free told me to pay 5k to be registered with them. Na him dey beg me come meeting now.

I really saw stupid things while job hunting. But then, I still met people with genuine human feelings that still reach out to me till date.

2 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by 234GT(m): 7:14am On Aug 24, 2014
Having to gatecrash Diamond Bank test in 2012! The rain was terrible that day. As in, the rain beat me from Ketu to Idejo VI.

Gatecrashers were in the rain for hours, and then, one of the guys came to collect our CVs and promised that we would be called for test within two months. That was the reward for our defiance to the rain!

Till today, them never call is. Thank God for God.

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by BjMorgan(m): 8:07am On Aug 24, 2014
McWhillion: BjMorgan I dey fear u o... Why are my comments re-edited or deleted anytime i quote you. If you're a mod then I am disappointed.
(I await your ban)
Broh me no b mod o, me no touch ur comment o, y will I do dat naw, I don't even know how to do dat.
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by McWhillion(m): 8:28am On Aug 24, 2014
BjMorgan:
Broh me no b mod o, me no touch ur comment o, y will I do dat naw, I don't even know how to do dat.
i for fear, my first comment where i quoted u was deleted. The 2nd time i quoted u and warned the mods and they edited my comment. I bn think say na u.

Let the mod mind his business and stop pucknosing in my affairs na.
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by ABEngine(m): 10:42am On Aug 24, 2014
Classicman47:
ARE U SOME KIND OF A POET??

Lol, naaa grin I think I have experienced these few.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Constables Recruitment: IG Releases List Of Successful Candidates / Contacted For Job Interview. / Recruitment By Polytechnic Ile Ife, Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.