Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,634 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? (4826 Views)

Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents / Do Nigerian Girls Really Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? / Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by galatico(m): 10:02am On Oct 23, 2008
I noticed that most Nigerian Girls prefer monetary gifts on there birthdays, Christmas, Valentine or any celebration date instead of flowers. When you visit your Girl on her birthday just buy her flowers and see how she reacts she'll hate you for life, what she expects from you is Money not flower. Nigerian Girls in the house I need your response. WHY DO YOU PREFER MONEY TO FLOWERS?

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by plappville(f): 2:45pm On Oct 23, 2008
NA TRUE SAY 9JA GIRLS NO TOO LIKE FLOWERS? I THK THIS IS AS A RESULT OF UP BRINGING,

HOW MANY FAMILY IN 9JA BRING UP THEIR CHILDREN IN A FLORISH ENVIROMENT THE WHITE WOMEN LIKE FLOWERS FOR THIS REASON,

RIGHT FROM BIRTH THEY SEE FLOWERS AROUND THEM, IN THEIR HOME OUTSIDE EVERYWHERE.

ANOTHER THING IS THAT SOME 9JA GIRLS FEEL THAT THE FLOWER WILL PERISH FAST, BUT OTHER ITEM LIKE MONEY OR GOLD GIFT CAN AT LEASE BE USED SEVERAL TIMES.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by bigocean(m): 1:26pm On Oct 31, 2008
Wetin hungry person woon carry flower do? Abeg send valuables like perfumes & cash grin grin
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by affee(f): 1:52pm On Oct 31, 2008
see me see dis guy o shocked
Na flower person go chop?ehn

Why only flowers?, will it be wrong if you add a box of chocolate to the flowers or even a card which of course will last longer than the flowers.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by kboy3(m): 2:40pm On Oct 31, 2008
the are other things that a girl would want instead of a flower i ,mean a naija girl o.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by ndividual: 2:49pm On Oct 31, 2008
LOL! Guy, for what now? Where did you go when recharge cards replaced flowers?!?!
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by kingsots(m): 3:00pm On Oct 31, 2008
ITS NOT IN OUR NATURE cool
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by Nautillus(m): 3:06pm On Oct 31, 2008
Yes they do take flowers . . , as long as its not just the flower that sent over for the occasion. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by plappville(f): 3:10pm On Oct 31, 2008
ndividual:

LOL! Guy, for what now? Where did you go when recharge cards replaced flowers?!?!

IN THIS case i will say that flower is even better than recharge card. or u can offer a pet. wink grin nija girl will finidh u.

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by sistajay(f): 3:13pm On Oct 31, 2008
Flowers for me any day.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by whatever90(f): 3:57pm On Oct 31, 2008
flo wetin?what I'm doing with flowers that will die after 30 mins undecided

what happend to lexus or a house in las vegas cool
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by yimiton(f): 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2008
I love flowers as part of gifts especially on val and birthdays not as the main gift. I can keep it alive for as long as possible but the bad thing is that our environment is not very friendly to them, so they die easily no matter how hard you try to preserve them.

It's always beautiful though and well appreciated to have a florist deliver flowers to my desk with a note from my sweet heart, just to say 'I love you'
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by MrCrackles(m): 4:17pm On Oct 31, 2008
kingsots:

ITS NOT IN OUR NATURE cool

speak for yourself!!

my own girlfriend and mum love flowers

i guess your own mentality of flower is just EWEDU AND UGWU LEAVES!!
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by ifyalways(f): 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2008
@OP are you saying you have met all Nigerian gal,given them flowers and all rejected it
the Big question is do you guys even place any emotional values on the flowers/gift you give out or u just go get some artificial flower,package and voila !. i know most babes wud anyday,anytime prefer a live and natural flower to those rubbish(some lifeless stick smiley ) most guys offer.Then again,it depends on who you are to the gal undecided I guess If a gal has got no feelings for you,your flower ends up in the trash can tongue
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 31, 2008
MrCrackles:

speak for yourself!!

lol  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by ifyalways(f): 4:23pm On Oct 31, 2008
yimiton:

It's always beautiful though and well appreciated to have a florist deliver flowers to my desk with a note from my sweet heart, just to say 'I love you'
No mind am ! where is the yeye poster sef tongue i guess his concept of giving flowers is limited to those N20 dead and lifeless sticks with one kain rubbish rose ontop.which gal go collect dat kain thing sef?
mi loff natural and life flowers but ofcos from the right guy.thank you cheesy
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by plappville(f): 6:36pm On Nov 01, 2008
yimiton:

I love flowers as part of gifts especially on val and birthdays not as the main gift. I can keep it alive for as long as possible but the bad thing is that our environment is not very friendly to them, so they die easily no matter how hard you try to preserve them.

I therefore offer you this flower.

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 01, 2008
MrCrackles:

speak for yourself!!

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by TOYOSI20(f): 6:41pm On Nov 01, 2008
ifyalways:

@OP are you saying you have met all Nigerian girl,given them flowers and all rejected it
the Big question is do you guys even place any emotional values on the flowers/gift you give out or u just go get some artificial flower,package and voila !. i know most babes would anyday,anytime prefer a live and natural flower to those rubbish(some lifeless stick smiley ) most guys offer.Then again,it depends on who you are to the girl undecided I guess If a girl has got no feelings for you,your flower ends up in the trash can tongue

Lol. . . . . couldn't have said it better myself cool. . . . . . .  . .wth? Plastic Flowers. . . . . .please angry
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by donpappyt(m): 7:06pm On Nov 01, 2008
How can you buy flowers for naija girl, she will tell u right away that u Bleep up,
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by plappville(f): 7:15pm On Nov 01, 2008
donpappyt:

How can you buy flowers for naija girl, she will tell u right away that u mess up,

No matter what the gift is, a girl should appreciate a flower gift from her guy or who evere, if she would asked for more it's better than showing the person that u don't appreciate a flower gift, after all a flower is a very soft and tender gift.

i love this one.

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by TOYOSI20(f): 7:16pm On Nov 01, 2008
I personally love flowers. . . . . . .like they say its the thought that counts. . . . , . cool
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by agaba123(m): 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2008
Flower is not african culture.

So you won't blame them. Love is expressed in african way by material gift. This is because women were meant to be dependent in African culture.

However, if you give a white girl only flower on a birthday when you have money to get her a good gift, she will consider another bloke on the side.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by Morenike3(f): 7:23pm On Nov 01, 2008
Flowers ko florist ni
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by donpappyt(m): 8:42pm On Nov 01, 2008
plappville:

No matter what the gift is, a girl should appreciate a flower gift from her guy or who evere, if she would asked for more it's better than showing the person that u don't appreciate a flower gift, after all a flower is a very soft and tender gift.

i love this one.
everboby love flower ,its natural but will it be truely accepted as a birth day gift e.t.c
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by donpappyt(m): 9:09pm On Nov 01, 2008
*Morenike:

Flowers ko florist ni

True naija babe
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by Morenike3(f): 9:11pm On Nov 01, 2008
Thank you
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by chika98: 9:15pm On Nov 01, 2008
Nothing wrong with flowers jare.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by plappville(f): 10:39pm On Nov 01, 2008
donpappyt:

everboby love flower ,its natural but will it be truely accepted as a birth day gift e.t.c

A big yes it should be truely accepted, If everybody love flower as u claim why shouldn't it be accepted as a gift by every1?
Like i said befor, if the girl which to ask for something more she could, but rejecting the flower gift is not nice and that does not show any respect for LOVE.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by mogunremi: 8:33pm On Mar 31, 2012
For those of you claiming to know why white girls like flowers, it's a load of rubbish. Some do and some don't, just like you guys. They don't do that much for me, Yet another girl might be overwhelmed by them. It does not depend either on if I grew up in the countryside or on a sidewalk in London or a street in Lagos.
.....'However, if you give a white girl only flower on a birthday when you have money to get her a good gift, she will consider another bloke on the side.' what a load of rubbish! ! It really annoys me how this kind of junk goes around. How many white girls have you dated that have done this? As in every country you have your different kinds of people. Are all white girls the same? That is like me saying all Nigerian girls are the same (and I know full well they are not) It annoys me how gullable some of you guys are sometimes. Stop listening to steriotypes and get some real life experiences from people who have some idea.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by mogunremi: 8:41pm On Mar 31, 2012
and imo whatever the gift it should be appreciated and thanks said. I prefer material things that might help in the house ect but I am very appreciative when my husband buys other things, sometimes flowers. Recieving is not just about yourself but about making the giver feel respected and loved as well. It would take some pretty selfish person to throw any present back in the givers face - even if they didn't like it.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? by WilderPeters: 5:35pm On Jul 31, 2021
I didn't understand why Nigerian girls don't appreciate flowers, but I understand now. I got a girl some flowers that last a year, and she was not happy about the flowers. It left me devastated.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Relationship Of Three (3) Weeks Just Ended. / How To Keep The Vagina Clean And Healthy / Ladies Confess: Do You Agree With This?(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.