Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,362 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

‘apc’s Criticism Of Jonathan Unfair’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘apc’s Criticism Of Jonathan Unfair’ (437 Views)

Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments / Ekiti Reps Member Commends Fayose On His Criticism Of Buhari / Video Of Jonathan Working Out In A Gym (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘apc’s Criticism Of Jonathan Unfair’ by Delydex: 4:12pm On Aug 21, 2014
A leader of the Peoples Democratic Party in Lagos, Mr. Kunle Okunola, has said the All Progressives Congress’ criticism of President Goodluck Jonathan is not issue-based but purely political.

Okunola said if Jonathan were to defect to the APC, the leaders of the party would stop criticising him and would welcome him with open arms.

Okunola said this during an interview with journalists at the headquarters of the party after declaring his intention to run for the Ikeja federal constituency seat at the House of Representatives.

According to him, instead of the APC to join hands with Jonathan at this critical period of insecurity in the nation, the party is rather uncooperative.

He said, “Some people in the PDP who are being accused of crimes, when they change party, they become saints to the APC. Today if Jonathan joins the APC, they will say he is the best.”

Okunola also accused Governor Babatunde Fashola of not being fair to commercial motorcycle riders in the state and called for a change of power in 2015.

He said it was unfair for Fashola to have used the okada riders to campaign for his second term in 2011 and bought helmet for them only to turn his back against them and banned them from major highways in the state.

According to him, what the Fashola’s government ought to have done was to formulate policies to regulate the operations of the riders, rather than driving them away from the major highways in the state.
Re: ‘apc’s Criticism Of Jonathan Unfair’ by deeobserver209(m): 4:29pm On Aug 21, 2014
APC members practice politics of bitterness and anger. That sort of behavior will get them nowhere. The sooner they realize it the better for them.
Re: ‘apc’s Criticism Of Jonathan Unfair’ by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
I didn't read all you wrote but no the Criticism is not unfair
its politics its democracy freedom of speech its not a one party system even then there should be criticism
when Jonathan came on board we all thought the south south will be transformed totally remember his transformation agenda? but today in rivers he did not undertake or award any project through out all the years he has been in office and his wife is a rivers woman he himself lived and schooled in rivers state
also he said he had no shoes bla bla bla so we expected he will reduce poverty drastically I can go on and on but
as far as the criticism is reasonable we should support it as it helps keep the government on their toes and let them know people or at least opposition is watching to capitalize on their mistakes
Re: ‘apc’s Criticism Of Jonathan Unfair’ by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
deeobserver209: APC members practice politics of bitterness and anger. That sort of behavior will get them nowhere. The sooner they realize it the better for them.
PDP has ruled Nigeria all through the years what has improved the Naira dropped the infrastructure that wasn't has collapsed the image of the nation has been dragged down the mud as things are I don't think we should focus on PDP vs APC but we should look at individuals
One problem we have is the fact that when a person is elected he doesn't look at policies or ideas from all angles he or she focuses on party politics which shouldn't be

1 Like

Re: ‘apc’s Criticism Of Jonathan Unfair’ by egift(m): 4:52pm On Aug 21, 2014
What Nigerians are pointing out about Jonathan is just the facts. Is it APC and Nigerians that tell Jonathan to state the following:

Let us paraphrase:
- "Boko Haram works with me, they are in all levels of my government"
- "Stealing a couple of Trillions is a just ordinary Stealing and is definitely not corruption"
- "I don't give a dam about what Nigerians have to say"
- "I will end Boko Haram in June 2012"

The Zoologist is very corrupt and a big disappointment. He has an opportunity to improve the lives of Nigerians, but he chose to run the most corrupt administration in the history of this nation.
Re: ‘apc’s Criticism Of Jonathan Unfair’ by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
egift: What Nigerians are pointing out about Jonathan is just the facts.
No Agenda
No Plan
Yet they want to Win Lagos cheesy cheesy cheesy
PDP is a joke!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Researchers Hack Into Gmail App / 2015 Who Is Ur Chioce As Nigeria Presdent / Is Promo Nigeria A Scam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.