Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Voter Cards For Sale In Onitsha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Voter Cards For Sale In Onitsha (716 Views)

One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News / Voter Cards Of GEJ, GMB And Those Of PEJ And Aisha Buhari (pics) / 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Voter Cards For Sale In Onitsha by Akpaife(m): 6:52am On Aug 22, 2014
The Continuous Voters Registration (CVR) exercise in the 326 wards and registration collation centres in Anambra State, yesterday turned sour when some officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Onitsha were accused of selling the voter cards and registration intent form for N200 and N500 respectively.

It was alleged that in some registration collation centres in the commercial city of Onitsha, some INEC staff allegedly demanded between N200 and N500 from people waiting to be registered before they were given forms to fill.

Though the Public Relations Officer of INEC in the state, Mr. Frank Egbo, said the commission had a form, which every intending voter must fill and submit before registration, he stressed that the forms were not for sale.

At the Nigeria Customs Service Barracks, Onitsha, it was gathered that the INEC staff deployed to the area made brisk business with the photocopies of the forms, which they allegedly gave out to unsuspecting members of the public at N200 and N500 respectively.

One of the victims of the fraud, who pleaded anonymity, said they had been coming to the venue of the registration since Wednesday without success following the faulty machines and the fraudulent activities of some INEC staff, whom he accused of receiving financial gratification to register people.

A police source, who pleaded anonymity, said even the materials that were meant for CVR in Okpoko Police Station were allegedly diverted to an unknown place by some INEC staff.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=78177
Re: Voter Cards For Sale In Onitsha by Chaleeee: 8:15am On Aug 22, 2014
Ebo boys!!!!
Re: Voter Cards For Sale In Onitsha by Caseless: 8:29am On Aug 22, 2014
Everything is for sale in that region; nothing goes for free over there.

1 Like

Re: Voter Cards For Sale In Onitsha by danot1030: 8:33am On Aug 22, 2014
Everything is BUSINESS with for an ibo man.
Re: Voter Cards For Sale In Onitsha by stinggy(m): 8:44am On Aug 22, 2014
L cheesy grin L
This country ehnnn
Re: Voter Cards For Sale In Onitsha by Akpaife(m): 10:34am On Aug 22, 2014
Pay ur 200 or 500 naira or no voter's card 4 u
Re: Voter Cards For Sale In Onitsha by meforyou1(m): 11:55am On Aug 22, 2014
caseless: Everything is for sale in that region; nothing goes for free over there.
u are just a bafoon. you particularly

1 Like

Re: Voter Cards For Sale In Onitsha by Caseless: 2:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
meforyou1: u are just a bafoon. you particularly
grin grin grin grin u made me laff... I swearu God!
No b una place wey i piss and i was asked to pay? Na for d same east i match culvert , d area boys tax me. Una no de try at all! Yeye boy.

1 Like

Re: Voter Cards For Sale In Onitsha by size38: 2:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
Nna men! Nawa oooo! This same Onitsha again? They sell drugs, motor parts, Arms, human parts and now ordinary voters cards too.

(1) (Reply)

The Difference B/w Ebola Nd Ebele / Boko Haram Kills Scores At Borno Market / I Don't Go To The Us Because My Family Is Not There Atiku @ #meetatiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.