Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,115 members, 7,814,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News (59202 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Sacked As IPOB Leader. Accused Of Betraying d Struggle-Vanguard / Obiano Reacts To Pro-Biafra Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard / JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by ragiluhivo(m): 5:23pm On Nov 06, 2015
Nnewi – One person was shot dead while commercial and other activities were Friday grounded in Onitsha the commercial city of Anambra state and its environs by members of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB who were protesting the continued detention of their leader Mr. Nnamdi Kanu.

Vehicular movements were also disrupted along the Onitsha Enugu Expressway, Onitsha Owerri Road, Uga Atani Ogaru Local Government Road, Onitsha Aguleri, Nsugbe, Nkwelle Ezunaka Roads, Old and New Market Roads, Nkpor, Ogidi, Obosi Roads, thereby causing traffic gridlocks on all the roads within and outside Onitsha.

Markets in Onitsha and its environs were all shot between 7am to about 2.30pm when some traders were seen loitering around their markets to see if they will be allowed to open, while some decided to go home for the day as they were also afraid that they may be attacked.

Although the Anambra State Government had announced through the market leaders who also exchanged text messages to ensure that their markets were open but the traders seemed to be unwilling to go to their markets as most of them who normally leave in the morning for their markets were sighted on their streets discussing the protest which IPOB declared earlier in the week they will embark on.

Onitsha Main Market, Ochanja Central Market Onitsha, New Tire Market Nkpor, New Auto Spare Parts Market Nkpor, Building Materials Market Ogidi, Ugwuagba Market Obosi, Electronics Market Onitsha, Bridge Head Market Onitsha that has over 21 markets attached to it and other small markets in and outside Onitsha, were all shut down.

Even shop along the streets of Onitsha, and its environs, including Awka Road, New Market Road, Old Market Road, Oguta Road, Limca Road, Iweka Road and Modebe Road, DSokoto Road and Haruna Street lock up shops were also seen under lock and keys.

The IPOB members numbering over 30,000 were earlier seen gathered at Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu Statue by Niger Bridge Head, also known as Odumegwu Ojukwu Gateway, Niger Bridge Head Onitsha chanting and dancing Pro Ojukwu and Biafran songs, from where they marched peacefully to down to Upper Iweka Flyover.

They were seen marching from Upper Iweka Flyover to Onitsha Owerri Road, to Nkpor Junction, Ochanja Central Market, Onitsha Main Market, Old and New Market Roads Onitsha, chanting anti Federal Government, Police, Army and Navy songs, demanding the release of Mr. Kanu, whom they said is being incarcerated for over three weeks now, and the continued arrest and detention of their members and actualization of Biafra activists.

There was unusual presence of the police on the major roads and streets of Onitsha, but their presence did not deter the protesting IPOB members who were also cautious of the behavior of their members to the road users and petty traders who wanted to cash in on the closure of markets and big stores and shops to do brisk business.

IPOB members who wanted to be unruly on the road users were promptly shouted on and cautioned by their leaders to behave well, that molestation and dispossessing people of their property and goods, looting of people’s shops and property was not part of their agenda.

The protest was largely peaceful as there were no information of any clash between the Police and the protesting IPOB members, until around 2.30 pm when Vanguard gathered that one person was shot at the Ochanja Roundabout by the police.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/one-killed-as-ipob-members-protest-in-onitsha/

CC: lalasticlala

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by freshness2020: 5:24pm On Nov 06, 2015
I am Igbo.
I don't believe in war.
I believe in cordial negotiations.
War can never be the solution, but are my people ready for this!

Say no to Bigotry...

130 Likes 10 Shares

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Highcuerayte: 5:24pm On Nov 06, 2015
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by meforyou1(m): 5:26pm On Nov 06, 2015
Police always shooting innocent harmless protesters, but run away when armed robbers strike

176 Likes 7 Shares

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Kyase(m): 5:27pm On Nov 06, 2015
Just one? Why na

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by olafum1(m): 5:27pm On Nov 06, 2015
This is getting out of hand o. Who should we call to intervene?

Shot dead by the police ko, like Mohammed Yusuf was shot dead. I think the police force is sometimes anti-Nigeria.

Quote me anywhere

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Ufranklin92(m): 5:30pm On Nov 06, 2015
Kyase:
Just one? Why na

AM SORRY FOR U

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Mekus68: 5:32pm On Nov 06, 2015
Wether Pa Buhari, head of the zoo country likes it or not, Biafra is around the coner.

114 Likes 4 Shares

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Scout60(m): 5:33pm On Nov 06, 2015
booked
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by basilo101: 5:33pm On Nov 06, 2015
Now, can you all see its not an online thing as u said? Also check out factories at the background, for the untravelled yorubas who say the east is not into manufacturig

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Godfullsam(m): 5:35pm On Nov 06, 2015
This is how boko haram started some yrs ago...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Emekamex(m): 5:35pm On Nov 06, 2015
Nigeria Police Force never seem to learn from their mistakes; by killing Yusuf Mohammed, Boko Haram metamorphosized to what it is today; shooting anyone that protests isn't the way forward.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Trut(m): 5:36pm On Nov 06, 2015
The zoo police always act in a barbaric way.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 06, 2015
Every reasonable Igbo person should wake up and lend his surport to IPOB youth now in any way he can to encourage those who are willing to risk there lives to actualize this life long truth to continue this fight.
As for me I shall continue to credit their account monthly.
My tithe is to the IPOB!!

Pls, Stay off my mention if you are not IGBO!

Meanwhile study this before you conclude: https://www.nairaland.com/2719230/facts-lead-recent-biafra-uprising

199 Likes 10 Shares

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Mekus68: 5:37pm On Nov 06, 2015
olafum1:
This is getting out of hand o. Who should we call to intervene?
Hahahahaha
U dey fear.
Dont worry ok
We will soon break away and leave the zoo country for u and ur fulani slave masters.

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by adjoviomole(m): 5:39pm On Nov 06, 2015
I wld not love to see nigeria break. But I know killing of innocents will not and shld not be tolerated.

Dis lil protest dat we as nigerians are ignoring, hmmmmmm! Gradually d fire is burning, d govmnt should act fast b4 it bcoms a widespread fire. They should release all those arrested and a proper hearing should b made with biafrans and everythn should b sttled amicably. Buhari tink twice, u cannot fight multiple battles @ d same time.

May God bless nigeria. We are one. I am proudly a yoruba but I love my igbo and hausa brothers. We are one.

There's a sound across the nation
It's a call so clear and strong
It's a call to build our nation
It's a call for everyone
Everyone who is Nigerian
Hear the sound so clear and loud
It's a call for transformation
And the time for change is NOW
Though our tribe and tongue may differ
We are still one and the same
With one hope, one heart, one future
With one cry, one love, one name
We have the power to change Nigeria
We alone can set us free
But it starts with transformation
Yes it starts with you and me
Nigeria, Our Father land
We can build this nation hand in hand
Let 's revive and let 's reform
Let 's rebuild and let 's restore
For we are the transformation
We are stronger than before
We have had our share of battles
We have moan our days of pain
But through it all, we've stayed together
In our hearts, our hopes, we made
We believe we can better
We can reach our destiny
Only when we are transformed
Can we reach our destiny
Nigeria, Our Father land
We can build this nation hand in hand
Let 's revive and let 's reform
Let 's rebuild and let 's restore
For we are the transformation
We are stronger than before.

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by omoelesa(m): 5:40pm On Nov 06, 2015
When will biafra materialize sef?50 years,100 years or another republic on the internet.

5 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by ragiluhivo(m): 5:40pm On Nov 06, 2015
and some idiots said it's an online rant. I laugh in yoruba grin grin

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by bugzbunny: 5:42pm On Nov 06, 2015
Kyase:
Just one? Why na
Its not only one
Cos dats hw all ur generation will end up..
Only this time... For nothing
Bloody corpse frm d wasteland

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Cre8(m): 5:42pm On Nov 06, 2015
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by englishmart(m): 5:42pm On Nov 06, 2015
#Biaframustgo

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Chanchit: 5:42pm On Nov 06, 2015
Some people go just dey die for dying sake.
I would take this agitation serious if one nairalander just try die while protesting.

4 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by deebrain(m): 5:43pm On Nov 06, 2015
TOO BAD.

BUT NA WA O. SOME PEOPLE WOR-WOR NO BE HERE O!!! shocked

6 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by ruggedboy01: 5:43pm On Nov 06, 2015
Nigeria police force is the worst in the whole world

Stupid! Reckless bunch of imbeciiles angry sad angry

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by blazetitov: 5:43pm On Nov 06, 2015
Incomplete report by the Vanguard newspaper. All these protests will amount to nothing. People should get busy instead of engaging in a fruitless protest that could lead to them losing their lives. undecided undecided undecided

Anybody that dies during this kind of ill advised protest is on his or her own. Nigeria will continue to exist.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by faithfancy: 5:43pm On Nov 06, 2015
Killed? In a peaceful protest.

ICC over to you

26 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by ShakurM(m): 5:43pm On Nov 06, 2015
..The Biafra dream is a nightmare! Wake the fvck up, the only ibos clamouring 4 Biafra are the unreasonable and weak ones at the end of the day , have you ever asked yourself why you worry about Biafra nation? undecided

Biafra is a joke! A bad joke angry

39 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 06, 2015
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by LastSurvivor: 5:44pm On Nov 06, 2015
Igbos are the problem of Nigeria, Igbos are the problem of the whole earth but they "Nigeria" fought and still fighting to keep their problem with them..
Only in Nigeria I have seen people who is fighting to live with their problem "Igbos"..

Freedom can only take time but it must surely come someday..

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by MrMcJay(m): 5:45pm On Nov 06, 2015
They can gather thousands of people to protest his detention, but they can't get a single civil servant to bail him. Wisdom is profitable to direct.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Quatermaine: 5:46pm On Nov 06, 2015
Kyase:
Just one? Why na

Baba dey talk well oh..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Slavery In Libya: FFK Shares Graphic Picture Of What Sub-saharan Africans Face / Abisola Kola-Daisy Shares Sexy Swimwear Photos / Tinubu And Wike's Motorcade In Port Harcourt Today (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.