Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,838 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:35 AM

Top Secrets Your Pastors Are Hiding From You. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top Secrets Your Pastors Are Hiding From You. (2848 Views)

Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor / “These Top Nigerian Pastors Are Candidates Of Hell Fire” – 7rys Old Girl. / Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Secrets Your Pastors Are Hiding From You. by mcfynest(m): 7:59am On Aug 28, 2014
Philadelphia:

Jesus never asked us to celebrate His birth. That which he wanted us to, He made it clear to us eg. The last supper. ...'Do this in remembrance of Me'.
The birth date of Jesus has been long forgotten. The origin of the December 25th Celebration of Christ's birth originated from the pagan Rome. December 25th was a day they kept for worship of their pagan gods such as Attis, Dionysus, Osiris, Mithra and some other pagan festivals were held on this day. You'll agree that there was a time when truth was hidden from Christians and millions of people were persecuted just as the bible prophesied (Dark ages). Most churches sprung from Rome (Roman Catholic Church) and as such broke out from the roman catholic church. Thus picking some of their doctrines. Sounds hard to believe, but It's so true. Read books, articles and even online journals and you'll discover the truth. Christmas originated from the pagan Rome when they were accepting Christianity but didn't accept it totally. Rather, they substituted their pagan worship, festivals, festival days, symbols, worship patterns, etc for Christianity. In order words, they used their left hand in holding Christianity and their right hand In holding paganism. They were to eliminate paganism and embrace Christianity. Rather, they are making substitutions. In A match between Nigeria and Ghana, and Keshi removes Moses and puts in Mikel. Does It mean that Mikel who Is coming in Is playing for another country. He is still playing for Nigeria, in same jersey, position but with a different number.
I don't mean to offend any religion or denomination.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MINDSET BRO

1 Like

Re: Top Secrets Your Pastors Are Hiding From You. by Philadelphia: 6:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
charlsecy: Before I proceed, let me state the Jewish Sabbath is specifically called Shabbat. And the root of the word is of "Rest."

Let's look at Isaiah 66:23:

'"From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me,” says the Lord.'

How does that indicate that Sabbath is primarily for worship. It says "from one Sabbath to another." If you say, for example, "I keep the house clean from one Tuesday to another," it simply means that I keep the house clean all the time. It doesn't mean I keep the house clean only on Tuesdays. That is simple English.

Let's also consider Luke 4:16 NIV;

"He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read..."

Like I said, GOD should be worshipped at all times, but Sabbath, being a rest day, provides ample time to spend in the synagogue in prayers and worship, and additional sacrifices may be made on a Sabbath. Practitioners of Judaism worship or pray at least 3 times a day [every day], not just on Sabbath. David and Daniel, for example, prayed three times a day, Psalm 55:17, Daniel 6:10. However, on a Sabbath day, service is bigger and longer because people are not busy, not because there is a command to worship on a Sabbath. Analogy: People make more visits on weekend because they are freer on such days. There is no command that people should visit friends and family more on weekend, but because of availability of free time, people are more inclined to visit more on weekends. This logic is applicable to why more people visit the synagogue on a Sabbath. It is customary for the Jews to go to Synagogue on the Day of Rest, Sabbath, as seen in verses as Acts 17:2 and Acts 18:4. Many Jews attend synagogue services on Shabbat even if they do not do so during the week.

In conclusion, what distinguishes Shabbat from other days of the week is REST, not worship. They can worship any time, but the ritual Shabbatical rest is reserved only for the Day. There are about 39 categories of activities forbidden on the Sabbath. "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labour, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work..... Exodus 20:8-11 NIV. Sabbath command is to rest, not necessarily to worship.

If you still have your reservations about my explanation of Shabbat, you can consult an informed Judaist to brief you better. I want you to also read this Wikipedia Shabbat article on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabbat and this one written by a Jew at http://www.jewfaq.org/shabbat.htm.

I was not saying that Sabbath was made primarily for worship. You said it was made primarily for rest and that was what I was correcting. Now, go through your last message and you'll see theat you only contradicted your laser. God bless.
Re: Top Secrets Your Pastors Are Hiding From You. by Philadelphia: 6:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
mcfynest:

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MINDSET BRO

So are you saying that God would judge humans according their mindsets?
Re: Top Secrets Your Pastors Are Hiding From You. by charlsecy(m): 8:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
Philadelphia: You said it was made primarily for rest and that was what I was correcting....
Yes, Sabbath is primarily about rest.
Re: Top Secrets Your Pastors Are Hiding From You. by mcfynest(m): 7:44am On Aug 29, 2014
Philadelphia:

So are you saying that God would judge humans according their mindsets?

PLEASE READ ROMANS CHAPTER 14 VERY WELL, YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND BRO.
Re: Top Secrets Your Pastors Are Hiding From You. by Philadelphia: 8:40am On Aug 29, 2014
charlsecy:
Yes, Sabbath is primarily about rest.

You're contradicting yourself.
Re: Top Secrets Your Pastors Are Hiding From You. by Philadelphia: 8:43am On Aug 29, 2014
mcfynest:

PLEASE READ ROMANS CHAPTER 14 VERY WELL, YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND BRO.

Read Acts 17 : 30
Re: Top Secrets Your Pastors Are Hiding From You. by charlsecy(m): 12:55pm On Aug 29, 2014
Philadelphia: You're contradicting yourself.
How?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apostle Arome Osayi Storms Abeokuta / Here Is This The Truth About Tithe That Pastors Won't Tell You (photos) / How My Friend Found Himself In The Middle Of A Body-Parts Market In Lekki, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.