Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

"I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola (38213 Views)

Madman Cured After Photo Of Oyedepo Led Him To The Church Branch In Delta (Photo / T.B. Joshua Takes Steps Against The Spread Of Ebola / Lagos Pastor Boasts Of Ebola Cure! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Joagbaje(m): 9:54am On Aug 22, 2014
Today is a miraculous day. I am thrilled to be alive, to be well and to be reunited with my family. As a medical missionary, I never imagined myself in this position. When my family and I moved to Liberia last October to begin a two-year term working with Samaritan’s Purse, Ebola was not on the radar. We moved to Liberia because God called us to serve the people of Liberia.

In March, when we got word that Ebola was in Guinea and had spread to Liberia, we began preparing for the worst. We didn’t receive our first Ebola patient until June, but when she arrived, we were ready. During the course of June and July, the number of Ebola patients increased steadily, and our amazing crew at ELWA Hospital took care of each patient with great care and compassion. We also took every precaution to protect ourselves from this dreaded disease by following MSF and WHO guidelines for safety.

After taking Amber and our children to the airport to return to the States on Sunday morning, July 20, I poured myself into my work even more than before – transferring patients to our new, bigger isolation unit; training and orienting new staff; and working with our Human Resources officer to fill our staffing needs. Three days later, on Wednesday, July 23, I woke up feeling under the weather, and then my life took an unexpected turn as I was diagnosed with Ebola Virus Disease. As I lay in my bed in Liberia for the following nine days, getting sicker and weaker each day, I prayed that God would help me to be faithful even in my illness, and I prayed that in my life or in my death, He would be glorified.

I did not know then, but I have learned since, that there were thousands, maybe even millions of people around the world praying for me throughout that week, and even till today. And I have heard story after story of how this situation has impacted the lives of individuals around the globe – both among my friends and family, and also among complete strangers. I cannot thank you enough for your prayers and your support. But what I can tell you is that I serve a faithful God who answers prayers.

Through the care of the Samaritan’s Purse and SIM missionary team in Liberia, the use of an experimental drug, and the expertise and resources of the health care team at Emory University Hospital, God saved my life – a direct answer to thousands and thousands of prayers.

I am incredibly thankful to all of those who were involved in my care, from the first day of my illness all the way up to today – the day of my release from Emory. If I tried to thank everyone, I would undoubtedly forget many. But I would be remiss if I did not say thank you to a few. I want to thank Samaritan’s Purse, who has taken care of me and my family as though we were their own family. Thank you to the Samaritan’s Purse and SIM Liberia community. You cared for me and ministered to me during the most difficult experience of my life, and you did so with the love and mercy of Jesus Christ.

Thank you to Emory University Hospital and especially to the medical staff in the isolation unit. You treated me with such expertise, yet with such tenderness and compassion. For the last three weeks you have been my friends and my family. And so many of you ministered to me not only physically, but also spiritually, which has been an important part of my recovery. I will never forget you and all that you have done for me.

And thank you to my family, my friends, my church family and to all who lifted me up in prayer, asking for my healing and recovery. Please do not stop praying for the people of Liberia and West Africa, and for a quick end to this Ebola epidemic.

My dear friend, Nancy Writebol, upon her release from the hospital, wanted me to share her gratitude for all the prayers on her behalf. As she walked out of her isolation room, all she could say was, ‘To God be the glory.’ Nancy and David are now spending some much needed time together.

Thank you for your support through this whole ordeal. My family and I will now be going away for a period of time to reconnect, decompress and continue to recover physically and emotionally. After I have recovered a little more and regained some of my strength, we will look forward to sharing more of our story; but for now, we need some time together after more than a month apart. We appreciate having the opportunity to spend some time in private before talking to some of you who have expressed an interest in hearing more of our journey. Thank you for granting us that.

Again, before we slip out, I want to express my deep and sincere gratitude to Samaritan’s Purse, SIM, Emory and all of the people involved in my treatment and care.

Above all, I am forever thankful to God for sparing my life and am glad for any attention my sickness has attracted to the plight of West Africa in the midst of this epidemic. Please continue to pray for Liberia and the people of West Africa, and encourage those in positions of leadership and influence to do everything possible to bring this Ebola outbreak to an end. Thank you.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2014/08/i-serve-god-who-answers-prayers.html

173 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by UrbanMystique: 10:03am On Aug 22, 2014
yeah typical christians..

jesus watched him suffer and almost shit his bony ass to death, science came to the rescue, he gave thanks to jesus. smh

43 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Zikdik(m): 10:22am On Aug 22, 2014
Jesus
Taking credit for the work of doctors since 1AD

48 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by frank317: 10:38am On Aug 22, 2014
was this the doctor you healed? oops you were just lying.

7 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by italo: 11:05am On Aug 22, 2014
Zikdik: Jesus
UrbanMystique: yeah typical christians..
jesus watched him suffer and almost shit his bony ass to death, science came to the rescue, he gave thanks to jesus. smh

You forget that the one testifying is a doctor.

She knows that Jesus is the maker of even science.

524 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Atigba: 11:24am On Aug 22, 2014
what else do you expect from a christian doctor

8 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by hushmail: 11:44am On Aug 22, 2014
Jesus d master healer

even an American doctor has said
it

its time all u cynics n sceptics accept d truth

224 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by alentyno: 11:46am On Aug 22, 2014
Nice one by the doc
UrbanMystique: yeah typical christians..

Zikdik: Jesus

As for you folks I must say this is the first time I have met your breed when it comes to classifying atheists---its called 'dumb-atheists'
Can you even hear yourself a trained doctor who knows the in and out of everything that has to do with 'illness and cure' comes out to testify Jesus' miracle on her life thus saying how she was healed from ebola cannot be scientifically proven and you're still spewing trash? Smh

Btw I wonder why that name 'Jesus' give you atheists sleepless nights and restless days! For crying out loud since you don't believe in religion why do you spend 98% of your time reading every topic on christianity?

386 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Zikdik(m): 11:49am On Aug 22, 2014
hushmail: Jesus d master healer

even an American doctor has said
it

its time all u cynics n sceptics accept d truth
An American doctor? What's the difference betwixt her and the Nigerian doctor who died recently? She was a Christian. Jesus couldn't heal her?
That's just bloody racial.

35 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by iamtewwy(m): 11:58am On Aug 22, 2014
damm!! he healed the american doctors he couldnt heal the nigerian and liberian doctors he allowed dem to bleed and vomit thier instestines out, allowed them to suffer till death!! isnt he a racist?

22 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by alentyno: 12:10pm On Aug 22, 2014
Zikdik:
An American doctor? What's the difference betwixt her and the Nigerian doctor who died recently? She was a Christian. Jesus couldn't heal her?
Oh so you at least believe Jesus healed her?

24 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by italo: 12:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
UrbanMystique: lmao

jesus made science to debunk his own existence
this jesus must be stup.id

If science debunked Jesus...scientists and doctors wouldn't proclaim Jesus.

The stupid one is you.

75 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by dekung(m): 12:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by dekung(m): 12:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
.....And someone would actually post such stupidity? While I have nothing against Jesus and the doctrine claimed he was healed, I would like to ask a few questions.
1) when he believed he would be healed by Jesus, why did he accept Zmapp and other world class treatment given to him?
2) Does he mean that Jesus only heals white Americans but allows Spanish and other Africans to die?
3) Did Jesus have an axe to grind with Late Dr Ameyo Adedavoh and her family such that he allowed them to die from the same dreaded disease?

31 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by UrbanMystique: 12:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
italo:

If science debunked Jesus...scientists and doctors wouldn't proclaim Jesus.

The stupid one is you.
there are doctors and scientists that proclaim fairies, alliens and ghosts, these characters exist too?

point is, stop giving the glory of science to a fictional character. especially when such character deserves non.

10 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Zikdik(m): 12:25pm On Aug 22, 2014
alentyno:
Oh so you at least believe Jesus healed him?
Not him, her.
No. The doctors treated, her body healed. If she wanted Jesus' brand of healing, she'd have gone to a church.

10 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Gombs(m): 12:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
italo:

You forget that the one testifying is a doctor.

She knows that Jesus is the maker of even science.

Bro, ignore the ignorance of the ignorant!

22 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Gombs(m): 12:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
UrbanMystique: lmao

jesus made science to debunk his own existence
this jesus must be stup.id

So science has debunked God's existence.? Hmmm...keep making simpleton of yourself

13 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by UrbanMystique: 12:34pm On Aug 22, 2014
Gombs:

So science has debunked God's existence.? Hmmm...keep making simpleton of yourself
no, science makes god look like crap grin

9 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Gombs(m): 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
Zikdik:

It's like saying a man went to barber to get a clean shave, to avoid arrest and come around and told you I went to xyz salon, and another went around bushy and was arrested, yet u blame xyz salon for its inability to save that one, when you don't know whether or not that one did what a salon would require for a shave.

11 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Gombs(m): 12:47pm On Aug 22, 2014
UrbanMystique: no, science makes god look like crap grin

Ur opinion! And it's not different from sheer baloney! Science cant even explain why man age and die, even though his cells regenerate every now and then

12 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Zikdik(m): 12:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
Gombs:

Ur opinion! And it's not different from sheer baloney! Science cant even explain why man age and die, even though his cells regenerate every now and then
Ever heard of Programmed Cell Death?

5 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Gombs(m): 12:59pm On Aug 22, 2014
Zikdik:
Ever heard of Programmed Cell Death?

How does that explain how man age and die?

1 Like

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by UrbanMystique: 1:21pm On Aug 22, 2014
Gombs:

but god can explain all that right?

3 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Gombs(m): 1:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
UrbanMystique: but god can explain all that right?

You said science makes God look like crap...yet u and science can say why man age and die! Pathetic

14 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by frank317: 1:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
alentyno:
Oh so you at least believe Jesus healed her?

just how big is ur brain?

4 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by frank317: 2:02pm On Aug 22, 2014
Gombs:

You said science makes God look like crap...yet u and science can say why man age and die! Pathetic

no one knows how man ages... Oh i got the answer... God did it? what are you really saying?

4 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by UrbanMystique: 2:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
Gombs:

science doesnt claim to know everything, its not a deity, it just a process. science has proven itself worthy over the years than religion ever did. god claims it can do everything but waits for science to cover its ass.

btw, what would you rather do if you have headache? use paracetamol or pray?

ebola victims are dieing despite their belief in god, science saved them, science made god look like crap. gerrit?

e.g you someone tells you that burping into the air can make you fly and you believed with all your heart, you are in airplane and suddenly there is a plane crash and you jumped off the plane, now its time to test your burping belief.. you burped repeatedly and not happened, you are about to die and someone suddenly gave you a parachute, the parachute saved your life (despite parachute showing you burping is full of crap and the person that gave you the idea in the first place) you still go ahead and thank the person that gave you the idea of burping for creating parachute grin

so burping created parachute so it can look like crap right?

10 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Gombs(m): 2:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
UrbanMystique:
Science doesnt claim to know everything,

Why shd my life be patterned after imperfections then?

its not a deity, it just a process.

A process started by? Right..the big bang, go on!

science has proven itself worthy over the years than religion ever did.

You're right...but Christianity is not a religion. wink

god claims it can do everything but waits for science to cover its ass.

Yeah, wait for em pagans... God I know is alive and He can answer why man age and die! Your science can't

btw, what would you rather do if you have headache? use paracetamol or pray?

The question should be "gombs, do u get sick?" And I certainly reply "No, but if I do (I strongly doubt it) I'd cast it out, u won't understand tho" ...but Christianity is no way against medicine, God created herbs for a reason, don't you think so? Our fathers of old used herbs for headaches, not science. Science discovered what healed the pain in those herbs.

ebola victims are dieing despite their belief in god,

Jo said he healed one, u attack him, if no one heals in the name of God, u attack God... why?

science saved them,

But a scientists, a doctor actually told the world via cnn that it was Jesus that healed him...u wanna attack him now? Right, go ahead.

science made god look like crap. gerrit?

Yet science can't explain how the DNA is carefully loaded with data...or why darkness cannot be the opposite of light, even though they claim it is?

e.g you someone tells you that burping into the air can make you fly and you believed with all your heart, you are in airplane and suddenly there is a plane crash and you jumped off the plane, now its time to test your burping belief.. you burped repeatedly and not happened, you are about to die and someone suddenly gave you a parachute, the parachute saved your life (despite parachute showing you burping is full of crap and the person that gave you the idea in the first place) you still go ahead and thank the person that gave you the idea of burping for creating parachute grin

Very silly example! Plane crash before I jump off? undecided too much nollywood aint good dear! Am about to die and one hands me a parachute? Darn!

so burping created parachute so it can look like crap right?
undecided
Baloney

39 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by LambanoPeace: 3:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
Gombs:

How does that explain how man age and die?

Good question, I've never really given this thought

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Doctor Prays Over Dead Patient, Raises Him From The Dead / Islamic Agenda For Nigeria – Pastor Bosun.... RCCG Pastor. (A Must Read) / Pastor Gives Church Members Beer During Deliverance (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.