Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,538 members, 7,819,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

"I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola (38206 Views)

Madman Cured After Photo Of Oyedepo Led Him To The Church Branch In Delta (Photo / T.B. Joshua Takes Steps Against The Spread Of Ebola / Lagos Pastor Boasts Of Ebola Cure! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 24, 2014
[quote author=Briareos][/quote]Ure a very confused fellow for altering my comment.... I jst kip laughing at u atheists.
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2014
Scyllapatron:

don't mind them, i wonder what is preventing that jesus from healing those poor liberian women and children who have no access to the experimental vaccine.

Where, in the bible, does it say that Jesus has promised healing to every human being?
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Missonas(f): 2:06pm On Aug 24, 2014
Nice one doc! All those saying Jesus saved the americans and left the nigerian and liberian doctors to die.What about the 5 that were declared healed in nigeria or the ones that have survived in liberia.Or have u forgotten that we all have our fair share of disasters.hoow many americans have died from various illnesses.Did God stop us from using our intelligence and skills for our own good.We sha must find sometihing bad to say in everythg all d doctor dd was give a testimony of thanksgiving.his own testimony.u are free to give urs however u want abeg

Lastly, we all must die oneday!that they got healed today don't mean that they will live forever.Y'all shud channel your frustrations elsewhere.I also serve a God that answers prayers #dancing

1 Like

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 24, 2014
YoungBrain:

Atheist are quick to condemn God and Jesus Christ but are suspiciously
silent about the devil.
God bless you my brother

1 Like

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by AtheistD(m): 2:10pm On Aug 24, 2014
jesuslovesme123:

God does intervene miraculously, when He chooses, and for a purpose. But miracles are not the purpose of Christianity.

Isnt it? Interesting smiley
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by StOla: 2:13pm On Aug 24, 2014
Samunique: Seun wouldn't listen to u, he's an hypocrite, a dumb Atheist, until we Christians know how to draw between the line and maybe desert this ungodly forum.

The bible says all things are good for me but not all things edify and profitable.

Maybe we Christians should do the needful.

Seun never claimed he created a Christian forum. This is a public place that has no regard for race, age, gender or social class.

Seun is a dumb atheist yet manages to invent something, has made a name for himself that you cannot forget.

Fanatics like you only need only a little push and you would start slitting throats. Everyone has to conform to your own views of the world, else they are to be segregated, persecuted and eventually executed?

The world remains a crazy place because it is populated by your ilk who cannot tell themselves the truth.

Concerning the topic, Science does not require you to believe in it for you to benefit from it. The dying doctor it was who requested that he be given the thawed dosage of Zmapp already prepared for his female colleague, seeing he could no longer wait for his own dosage to thaw.
Now fully recovered, he gives thanks to the heavens he wasn't ready to die for.

4 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Idrismusty97(m): 2:21pm On Aug 24, 2014
anonimi: Does it mean that the Spanish priest who also received the ZMapp drug but died serves a God who does NOT answer prayers shocked
Or maybe our own very brave, good Samaritan & national HERO, Dr. Adadevoh as well as other people who died of the Ebola virus are also serving a God who does NOT answer prayers shocked
Sometimes you wonder why religious ZEALOTS throw reason & LOGIC out of the window in their obviously INTOXICATED state of religiosity angry
Thank you

1 Like

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Idrismusty97(m): 2:22pm On Aug 24, 2014
StOla:

Seun never claimed he created a Christian forum. This is a public place that has no regard for race, age, gender or social class.

Seun is a dumb atheist yet manages to invent something, has made a name for himself that you cannot forget.

Fanatics like you only need only a little push and you would start slitting throats. Everyone has to conform to your own views of the world, else they are to be segregated, persecuted and eventually executed?

The world remains a crazy place because it is populated by your ilk who cannot tell themselves the truth.

Concerning the topic, Science does not require you to believe in it for you to benefit from it. The dying doctor it was who requested that he be given the thawed dosage of Zmapp already prepared for his female colleague, seeing he could no longer wait for his own dosage to thaw.
Thank you also smiley.
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by lomprico(m): 2:25pm On Aug 24, 2014
Briareos:

Is it not convenient that almighty God choses to heal Ebola with zmapp? A drug specifically designed by scientists to cure ebola in particular.

Why couldn't He healed the ebola victims through any general drug? Say panadol? Or water?

because water or panadol or any general drug is meant for other ailment he has given someone d brains to creat a drug like zmapp for ebola.
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by DeeMain(m): 2:25pm On Aug 24, 2014
UrbanMystique: yeah typical christians..

jesus watched him suffer and almost shit his bony ass to death, science came to the rescue, he gave thanks to jesus. smh

Pally, science has no cure yet for Ebola! Haven't you heard that! An experimental drug is just blind testing. There is no single proven scientific evidence anywhere that any drug can cure Ebola yet.

People have been surviving Ebola in Africa since the 70s. Somehow, people with a certain kind of strong immunity beat the disease.

He gives God praise because even scientific research has proven that prayers and having a strong belief that you'll be healed can boost the immune system and get you healed. Read about the placebo effect.

The spiritual controls the physical. Ask Einstein. E = mc2
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Briareos(m): 2:28pm On Aug 24, 2014
lomprico:
because water or panadol or any general drug is meant for other ailment he has given someone d brains to creat a drug like zmapp for ebola.

So, if you dont have access to zmapp, you are doomed with ebola no matter how hard or how fervent you pray?
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 24, 2014
What about the aircrew?
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by AdeniyiA(m): 2:39pm On Aug 24, 2014
UrbanMystique: yeah typical christians..

jesus watched him suffer and almost shit his bony ass to death, science came to the rescue, he gave thanks to jesus. smh
Zikdik: Jesus
Taking credit for the work of doctors since 1AD
In mechanics ...he didnt work in accordance with the law of flotation as he walked on d sea without sinking ...

In Chemistry, He turned water into wine.
In Biology, He was born without the normal conception.
In Physics, He disapproved the law of gravity when He ascended into heaven.
In Economics, He disapproved dlaw of diminishing returnsby feeding 5000 people with five loaves of bread and two fishes.
In Medicine, He cured the sick and the blind without administering a single doze of drugs.
In Government, He is d Wonderful Councillor & Prince of Peace.
In History He is the beginning and the end.
In Religion, no one comes to the Father except through Him.
The unquestionable God, His ways are not our ways, His works are incomprehensible even more to the shallow minded, He caught the wise in their craftiness, He does as He wills, He is the SOURCE and the Creator of all things -the brains (for scientific discoveries) ,d eyes, etc

2 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
anonimi: Does it mean that the Spanish priest who also received the ZMapp drug but died serves a God who does NOT answer prayers shocked
Or maybe our own very brave, good Samaritan & national HERO, Dr. Adadevoh as well as other people who died of the Ebola virus are also serving a God who does NOT answer prayers shocked
Sometimes you wonder why religious ZEALOTS throw reason & LOGIC out of the window in their obviously INTOXICATED state of religiosity angry

Sorry to diverge bt i went tru ur profile nd i noticed d "in God's presence always"..... So u love d presence of God so much yet u question his existence
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:48pm On Aug 24, 2014
HuJJC: Most great countries in the world are not happy seeing the growth of West Africa and Nigeria in particular... It boils belle. If Nigeria gets better, the whole Africa will be better... then there came BH(Kalashinkov,AK47, gun supplies to BH from where? no records?) and here comes Ebola from the Laboratory of Evil or manufactured by Satan(TB Joshua voice)... Let's say it as it is. God bless Africa. Africa shall rise! Amen or Amin!
what cheap drug do you do ,guy? did you go to school at all? what kind of poor thinking did you just express in your post? Ah! o ma se o!!!

1 Like

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by lilbazy(m): 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2014
UrbanMystique: lmao

jesus made science to debunk his own existence
this jesus must be stup.id
congratulations!!! U 'll repeat dis infront of him someday.
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by dabossman(m): 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2014
Briareos:

Challenge accepted. I suggest you start from "On The Origin Of Species" by Charles Darwin. Then you might understand nobody ever said we are from ape but we share the ame origin.

Ah, Charles Darwin, yeah right. It so easy for you to believe that man evolved to the level of homo sapien because some dude said so. So what has stunted the evolution of man? Or is homo sapien the best we can get? When will we maybe evolve to the point where our arms become wings so we can fly unassisted by mechanical contraptions.
Will my dog someday walk upright on two legs and speak like a man or is it only the human specie that has been selfishly gifted with this higher level of evolution? How unfair can nature be?

Seems to me that just as some people believe in what you call biblical fairytales, you also believe in fairy tales as written by Charles Darwin. Personally, I prefer Enid Blyton. Gnomes, fairies and unicorns sound more ineresting than Darwin's tales.

1 Like

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by crudedude(m): 2:55pm On Aug 24, 2014
Faith and logic are two parallel lines. An argument of both parties is time wasting. It bothers me though how a grown man will be having headaches over something that doesn't exist. The logical thing to do is to ignore.
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by nedumza: 2:59pm On Aug 24, 2014
all of u who r denying d power of Christ in d healing of d doctor sud gv a second thought to ur view.Isaac newton,planck,Albert eisten n Farady al beleived in Christ n dis guys were d best scientists our generation ever produced.if dis ones cud av believed hw much less u dat only do u science by reading n passing exams.if I may ask u guys hw many inventions or scientific laws av u ever propanded.u say wat u kn n leave wat's unknown to d Almighty.science cant explain everything in life

2 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by nedumza: 2:59pm On Aug 24, 2014
all of u who r denying d power of Christ in d healing of d doctor sud gv a second thought to ur view.Isaac newton,planck,Albert eisten n Farady al beleived in Christ n dis guys were d best scientists our generation ever produced.if dis ones cud av believed hw much less u dat only do ur science by reading n passing exams.if I may ask u guys hw many inventions or scientific laws av u ever propanded.u say wat u kn n leave wat's unknown to d Almighty.science cant explain everything in life
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Mftivi: 3:00pm On Aug 24, 2014
Idrismusty97: So this god only show himself when he is insulted right? But he will keep quiet when thousands are dying from ebola, he would keep quiet when terrorism is rampaging the world, he would keep quiet when flood, tsunami, earthquack and all sort of natural disasters wipeout thousands in the same earth he created. He only show his wrath whenever he is insulted or challenge....Interesting! You still worship this sort of God?
He said my people die for lack of understanding.
He solved every problem of humanity by sending His son-who said "it is finished" on the cross. All you have to do is believe, simple. Is it not a foolish person that will keep requesting that something should be done for him that has been done?
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by nedumza: 3:03pm On Aug 24, 2014
all of u who r denying d power of Christ in d healing of d doctor sud gv a second thought to ur view.Isaac newton,planck,Albert eisten n Farady al beleived in Christ n dis guys were d best scientists our generation ever produced.if dis ones cud av believed hw much less u dat only do ur science by reading n passing exams.if I may ask u guys hw many inventions or scientific laws av u ever propanded.u say wat u kn n leave wat's unknown to d Almighty.science cant explain everything in lifeall of u who r denying d power of Christ in d healing of d doctor sud gv a second thought to ur view.Isaac newton,planck,Albert eisten n Farady al beleived in Christ n dis guys were d best scientists our generation ever produced.if dis ones cud av believed hw much less u dat only do ur science by reading n passing exams.if I may ask u guys hw many inventions or scientific laws av u ever propanded.u say wat u kn n leave wat's unknown to d Almighty.science cant explain everything in lifeall of u who r denying d power of Christ in d healing of d doctor sud gv a second thought to ur view.Isaac newton,planck,Albert eisten n Farady al beleived in Christ n dis guys were d best scientists our generation ever produced.if dis ones cud av believed hw much less u dat only do ur science by reading n passing exams.if I may ask u guys hw many inventions or scientific laws av u ever propanded.u say wat u kn n leave wat's unknown to d Almighty.science cant explain everything in life
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 24, 2014
UrbanMystique: lmao

jesus made science to debunk his own existence
this jesus must be stup.id

you are stup1d.....infact you are very stup1d....i prophecy to you in the name of that same Jesus whom you despise, before the end of this week, you and your entire family shall be diagnosed of ebola...

see ds stup1d guy oooo.......infact, may thunder strike dat ur mouth.....ode buruku oloshi....
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Samunique(m): 3:15pm On Aug 24, 2014
StOla:

U are just as dumb as the one u are defending, i know ur type and, don't av time for u.
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Samunique(m): 3:16pm On Aug 24, 2014
StOla:

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Layolaw(f): 3:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
HE is unquestionable, HE does things the way its pleases HIm
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by StOla: 3:23pm On Aug 24, 2014
There was a time the religious fanatics of this world rallied against the internet, calling it the 666 mark of the devil, as it was already poised to become the medium for business and human interrelations. The fanatics huffed and puffed then, yet today they propagate both their love and hate and the holy Gospel via this same medium, while still wondering what atheist are also doing on this medium.

There was a time when religious fanatics wondered why slavery should come to an end. They fought their own country in a bid to retain their God given right to enslave another. They now populate the present bible belt of USA, and still do not think highly of other races/ethnicities.

There was a time fanatics label anyone so desired a witch and tortured them to the point where they accepted the charges levelled against them. Their argument was that the grace of God would have comforted them to withstand the tortures if indeed they were holy and Christian. The fact that they broke was evidence of evil intentions and abilities.

There was a time religious fanatics labelled anyone that ventured into science or humanist philosophy as enemy of the faith. These were the people driven underground and existed as the then famous but now ambiguous and maligned Illuminati. They expounded the ideas of the free man and the equal citizenship. Ideas on logic and reason, science and technology. Happily, all of this has become reality to the shame of fanatics.

The USA has managed to evolve a very free society not ruled by fanaticism. Science and Technology has been advanced to heights unexpected because man has decided to take charge of his world. This culture of preparedness has allowed it to emerge victorious in 2 world wars

Israel continues to hold on to stolen lands by the might of their military arsenal and tactical brilliance, not by prayers or supplications to heaven.

Africa remains rooted to church pews seeking the heavenly showers of blessing, but only having to settle for the crumbs that fall off the table of a secular and progressive West. Most have settled for a life of 2nd class citizens in the West.

Weirdly, the modern day fanatic avails himself of all that is derived from the victory a secular world had over a religionist state.
More confusing is the fact that a Christian fanatic thinks himself better than a Muslim fanatic. The Christian fanatic is unaware that he has only become mildly sane because of the intervention of secular thought and might in the affairs of state such that the Catholic no longer slaughters the Huguenot, the Anglican no longer beheads the recusant Catholic and Non-Conformist and the American Protestant no longer makes it a task of righteousness to stop the Catholic from assuming political power.
No longer does the Pope grant a pardon in advance for the man who would murder the Anglican Queen of England.
All these past realities so akin to the Sunni vs Shiite troubles of the Arab world, or the Fatwa inspired murder of Theo van Gogh.

A fanatic is and will forever remain a threat to a free, tolerant and decent world a la boko haram. Their ideological hypocrisy is better revealed by the tools of their operations.

4 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Layolaw(f): 3:27pm On Aug 24, 2014
moneybag4411:

you are stup1d.....infact you are very stup1d....i prophecy to you in the name of that same Jesus whom you despise, before the end of this week, you and your entire family shall be diagnosed of ebola...

see ds stup1d guy oooo.......infact, may thunder strike dat ur mouth.....ode buruku oloshi....
my bro, why don't you leave them alone? You cannot fight for God, don't forget that he that despised or say there is no God can only be compare to a mad man whic don't know what He's doing
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Mftivi: 3:31pm On Aug 24, 2014
StOla: There was a time the religious fanatics of this world rallied against the internet, calling it the 666 mark of the devil, as it was already poised to become the medium for business and human interrelations. The fanatics huffed and puffed then, yet today they propagate both their love and hate and the holy Gospel via this same medium, while still wondering what atheist are also doing on this medium.

There was a time when religious fanatics wondered why slavery should come to an end. They fought their own country in a bid to retain their God given right to enslave another. They now populate the present bible belt of USA, and still do not think highly of other races/ethnicities.

There was a time fanatics label anyone so desired a witch and tortured them to the point where they accepted the charges levelled against them. Their argument was that the grace of God would have comforted them to withstand the tortures if indeed they were holy and Christian. The fact that they broke was evidence of evil intentions and abilities.

There was a time religious fanatics labelled anyone that ventured into science or humanist philosophy as enemy of the faith. These were the people driven underground and existed as the then famous but now ambiguous and maligned Illuminati. They expounded the ideas of the free man and the equal citizenship. Ideas on logic and reason, science and technology. Happily, all of this has become reality to the shame of fanatics.

The USA has managed to evolve a very free society not ruled by fanaticism. Science and Technology has been advanced to heights unexpected because man has decided to take charge of his world. This culture of preparedness has allowed it to emerge victorious in 2 world wars

Israel continues to hold on to stolen lands by the might of their military arsenal and tactical brilliance, not by prayers or supplications to heaven.

Africa remains rooted to church pews seeking the heavenly showers of blessing, but only having to settle for the crumbs that fall off the table of a secular and progressive West. Most have settled for a life of 2nd class citizens in the West.

Weirdly, the modern day fanatic avails himself of all that is derived from the victory a secular world had over a religionist state.
More confusing is the fact that a Christian fanatic thinks himself better than a Muslim fanatic. The Christian fanatic is unaware that he has only become mildly sane because of the intervention of secular thought and might in the affairs of state such that the Catholic no longer slaughters the Huguenot, the Anglican no longer beheads the recusant Catholic and Non-Conformist and the American Protestant no longer makes it a task of righteousness to stop the Catholic from assuming political power.
No longer does the Pope grant a pardon in advance for the man who would murder the Anglican Queen of England.
All these past realities so akin to the Sunni vs Shiite troubles of the Arab world, or the Fatwa inspired murder of Theo van Gogh.

A fanatic is and will forever remain a threat to a free, tolerant and decent world a la boko haram. Their ideological hypocrisy is better revealed by the tools of their operations.
A true Christian is not a fanatic He is a son of God and God is love but
If you despise God, He can kill a million of your type to defend his son.
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by That2: 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2014
StOla: There was a time the religious fanatics of this world rallied against the internet, calling it the 666 mark of the devil, as it was already poised to become the medium for business and human interrelations. The fanatics huffed and puffed then, yet today they propagate both their love and hate and the holy Gospel via this same medium, while still wondering what atheist are also doing on this medium.

Interesting article. I wish more people breakfree from the shackles of religion. I just feel like wiping for Nigeria and Africa in general. We have been enslaved with this stu.pid religious mentality.
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by italo: 3:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
Ifyjemila: Italo italo i troway salut.

I dey salute back o...
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by moneyhungry(m): 3:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
piagetskinner: Thank God for the healing#God doesn't succumb to logic or what is ideal...his ways are not our ways, his thoughts aren't our thoughts either. that is why He is a spiritual being, which is why science hasn't been abe to unravel the Great mysteries that surrounds Him. God cannot be squeezed in a box. He is not some guy u can spew trash talk @...if he chooses to pounce on u, u'l b sorry#repent while you still can,because u might never get that opportunity again

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Islamic Agenda For Nigeria – Pastor Bosun.... RCCG Pastor. (A Must Read) / Doctor Prays Over Dead Patient, Raises Him From The Dead / TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.