Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,781 members, 7,955,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:34 PM

The Lesson Man Will Never Learn - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lesson Man Will Never Learn (721 Views)

He Decided To Teach Them A Lesson By Disturbing Them. Check The Pictures / The Lesson Man Will Never Learn: Two / The Lesson Man Will Never Learn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Lesson Man Will Never Learn by TheIkoro(m): 4:33pm On Aug 22, 2014
If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be convinced if some one should rise from the dead.
- Jesus, The Christ.

The only lesson Man can ever learn from history is that Man has never learnt anything from history.
- Anonymous.

From Moses, to the prophets, to Jesus, to The Ikoro; what lesson is it indeed that Man has ever failed to learn? Some would say it is the ravages of such supposed crimes against humanity as the Holocaust. Others might point out the obvious injustice of not only Hiroshima, but also Nagasaki. And, if I may cite an example that is even closer to that land I have dwelled in all my life, thus far; the dust of which I continue to shake from my feet - even if only in symbol, thus far (as I continue to be imprisoned in the supposed comforts it has the folly set in many high places believe are castles with which it has given; that I may then be raped, robbed, defrauded, denied - and then have the folly believe I have given) there are those that would give as a typical example the ethnic cleansing that has been carried out against Darfur's non-Arab population, and that has led to the death of tens to hundreds of thousands of civilians. All such examples being pointed out in a bid to satisfy the twinge of conscience that would they identify with the politically correct.

But, were one to carefully ponder over the mistakes Man has made - and the lessons that should have thereby been learnt (ever since his days in Eden - or his evolution from being ape, whichever one thou would that thou believe) one would have to come to the conclusion that the most grievous mistake Man has ever failed to learn a lesson from is that which had Jesus say unto the Pharisees, "Woe to you lawyers also! for you load men with burdens hard to bear, and you yourselves do not touch the burdens with one of your fingers."

And what burdens was it that Jesus spoke of? thou mayest care to ask.

(for the rest of the homily quoted above, and for even more of homilies such as the above; please visit either www.adedotuntheikoro.net, or www.ikoroiyineleda..com - and be thereby blessed).
Re: The Lesson Man Will Never Learn by ADEBOSUN(m): 4:51pm On Aug 22, 2014

(1) (Reply)

PASTOR Commits Suicid€ After Impregnating Married Woman 4 Times (PICTURED) / Who Is Really The God Fearing Man? / Nigerian Churches And Their Individual : The Redeem Christian Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.