Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. (8577 Views)

Major Oil Firm, MRS, Owes FCMB N6.2bn / Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt / States With The Lowest External Debt In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by atlwireles: 8:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
edogirl2:

Well, together these states are responsible for about 40% of the country's non-oil GDP. So why is the Op surprised that they have a similar ratio of the debt.

This is like someone saying Nigeria is responsible for 60% of total national debts among West Africa countries. Well, where is the 'news' in that statement.

Where did you get that lie?

5 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by johnmartus(m): 8:33pm On Aug 22, 2014
ola6: Notice my "sophisticated" progressives will avoid this thread. Are we Yorubas sane or blind?! Can't we see we are selling our future and kids future to the Tinubu/APC dynasty?!

Some "enlightened" people will soon come to start telling this is a healthy debt. We are killing our region with APC!!!
oponu does tinubu governs any state in the southwest? or why are you obsesse about tinubu are you blind you do not know what is going on in the southwest note that development you and l witness today in the southwest was not done by stone tell me a single project that Jonathan administration has executed in the southwest no state can competence southwest state among the dessert ibo state except imo state with all the federal government attention in southeastern southwest still her head of others region in Nigeria you better change your cunning attitude

1 Like

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aresa: 8:34pm On Aug 22, 2014
ujoinme:

chei! borrow borrow go kill south west o.

When was the last time your evil wishes stopped us from starting and commissioning projects while your village governor with his largest budget in West Africa still steeped you in almost N50 billion debt with nothing but a few roads to show for it...?

Abeg keep quiet joo...

1 Like

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by collynzo13: 8:37pm On Aug 22, 2014
Let the excuses reign!

4 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aresa: 8:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
atlwireles:

Where did you get that lie?

The state’s GDP figures released in September 2012 provide some interesting insights into the Lagos economy. The state has a GDP figure put in excess of N12 trillion or $81 billion as of 2010. Its economic size is about 35.6 percent of Nigeria’s 2010 GDP but a significant 62.3 percent of Nigeria’s non-oil GDP.

http://businessdayonline.com/2013/04/examining-lagos-state-gdp-figures/#.U_ebPfldWVY

Get educated for your own good...

6 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by danot1030: 8:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
Fashola4thSon: My South west people are all in danger

We are death

chei, ur english teacher is wicked for defrauding ur parents.

4 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by brownlord: 8:41pm On Aug 22, 2014
ola6: Notice my "sophisticated" progressives will avoid this thread. Are we Yorubas sane or blind?! Can't we see we are selling our future and kids future to the Tinubu/APC dynasty?!

Some "enlightened" people will soon come to start telling this is a healthy debt. We are killing our region with APC!!!

You mean Gbawe and friends?

4 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aresa: 8:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
johnmartus: oponu does tinubu governs any state in the southwest? or why are you obsesse about tinubu are you blind you do not know what is going on in the southwest note that development you and l witness today in the southwest was not done by stone tell me a single project that Jonathan administration has executed in the southwest no state can competence southwest state among the dessert ibo state except imo state with all the federal government attention in southeastern southwest still her head of others region in Nigeria you better change your cunning attitude

Tinubu is who they see in their sleep, who they eat and breath. In fact, Tinubu is responsible for their miserable and sorry existence...

5 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by oneeast2: 8:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
Some debts are classified.

IGBOSON1: It's the one of Lagos that surprises me.....considering the huge amount they make from IGR! Also, don't forget Lagos residents have some of their roads/bridges tolled as well! All the money Tinubu makes through some of his companies like Alpha-Beta could have helped in paying off a large chunk of this debt!

I thought it's been said that Rochas borrowed 200 billion naira? From the table above, Imos debt is just about 10 million dollars more than some of its sister states......like Anambra for instance!
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by opiaoku: 8:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
ola6: All hail the "sophisticated progrethieves". APC... all poverty creation! APC... Asiwaju private company!! APC...Asiwaju Personal Congress!!!
Abeg, let Ambodillion continue jare! Awon ole!!! Upon all the double taxation, tolls and bills...

Guy you deserve 4 big odeku plus 2 bowl of isi ewu (goat head)

5 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by oneeast2: 8:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
See what Tinibu has done to SW..

9 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by ChinonsoDike: 8:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hello friends.
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by atlwireles: 8:47pm On Aug 22, 2014
aresa:

The state’s GDP figures released in September 2012 provide some interesting insights into the Lagos economy. The state has a GDP figure put in excess of N12 trillion or $81 billion as of 2010. Its economic size is about 35.6 percent of Nigeria’s 2010 GDP but a significant 62.3 percent of Nigeria’s non-oil GDP.

http://businessdayonline.com/2013/04/examining-lagos-state-gdp-figures/#.U_ebPfldWVY

Get educated for your own good...

So, $81B of $509B national GDP is 35%

5 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by owobokiri(m): 8:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
danot1030: Op joblessness is turning u to a yaba left candidate o, I just hope ur people notice u on time before u trek from Aba to Kano.

cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aresa: 8:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
atlwireles:

So, $81B of $509B national GDP is 35%

40% of Nigeria's non oil GDP is from where? That's the question and the Answer is LAGOS STATE.

2 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by atlwireles: 8:57pm On Aug 22, 2014
aresa:

40% of Nigeria's non oil GDP is from where? That's the question and the Answer is LAGOS STATE.

Are you now backing off your 35.6% number? I will deal with your 40%, but let's settle your 35.6% of Nigeria's GDP or $81B numbers first.

2 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by manny4life(m): 8:59pm On Aug 22, 2014
Na wa o, the way people throw numbers around without substantiating facts is simply amazing. A whooping 40% of Nigeria's GDP is from Lagos (as in Lagos as an entity), whatever happened to other states, whatever happened to the FG as an entity. Wonderful. You learn something new daily.

5 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by vislabraye(m): 9:00pm On Aug 22, 2014
edogirl2:

Well, together these states are responsible for about 40% of the country's non-oil GDP. So why is the Op surprised that they have a similar ratio of the debt.

This is like someone saying Nigeria is responsible for 60% of total national debts among West Africa countries. Well, where is the 'news' in that statement.

May be h. Apart from Lagos that is the richest state, what has the rest contributed to make the

2 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Kanwulia: 9:00pm On Aug 22, 2014
Awon ONI GBESE! grin
Financial vampires!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXFkmdPRPhw

2 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by omongbatic: 9:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
aresa: See olodo debt logic.

... Is this not why they are ahead of your villages and commission projects everyday while you remain backward and also why your villages haven't commissioned even one single classroom in almost 16 years?

You people and your illiterate logic sef..

Minus your debt from your credit, then all SW states = zero growth.

Where even is the evidence of what the money is used for?

6 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aresa: 9:03pm On Aug 22, 2014
oneeast2: See what Tinibu has done to SW..

Tinubu spent N66 billion worth of Enugu's debt, Eboyin's N43 billion debt or Anambra's N41 billion debt too?

Losers...

2 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aresa: 9:05pm On Aug 22, 2014
omongbatic:

Minus your debt from your credit, then all SW states = zero growth.

Where even is the evidence of what the money is used for?

This is definitely the dumbest and the most ignorant post in this thread..

1 Like

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by manny4life(m): 9:06pm On Aug 22, 2014
vislabraye:

May be h. Apart from Lagos that is the richest state, what has the rest contributed to make the

I beg to disagree...As much as I like some of GEJ's policies, I have criticized him particularly in rising debt. I strongly believe in financial prudence; borrow only if it's necessary and for capital projects. Based on the information we have, I haven't seen a justified borrowing for these states to plunge their citizens into such debt. GDP/Debt ratio is a good test but not always valid. This is why the U.S. is holding every economy to ransom. Their GDP/Debt ratio is at a tipping point.

As for what have other states contribute, I put it that you may have well been biased not to see what other states are contributing. There are too many capital projects from SE to SS and even the north. I disagree with you on this part. After all, wasn't it last month or so that GEJ commissioned the petrochemical plant or power generation plant. How will you classify the investment cost into that? There are many capital projects ongoing in various parts of the country. Just take a moment and look for them, you will find them.
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by nigerianvenom(m): 9:09pm On Aug 22, 2014
no thanks to tinubu group of companies.

6 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by owobokiri(m): 9:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
What do you expect from the same clan that introduced the culture of spraying crispy notes on musicians at ceremonies then went ahead to start the practice of organising burial ceremonies for relatives who died centuries ago, just because a living relative just "hammered"? The same bunch that invented the ultra "sophisticated' harbit of looting the treasury to buy up real estates in London. The same group that will throw an owambe for child naming ceremony, car washing ceremony, promotion ceremony, London visa ceremony, house opening ceremony etc and have major streets blocked just to dance and jolly. Our dear fun loving brethrens from the sw. . The nemesis of NITEL, NEPA, NIGERIAN AIRWAYS, NIGERIAN SHIPPING LINE, etc? Put succintly; it is an ostantious culture that can only be financed through acute kleptomania.

7 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aresa: 9:15pm On Aug 22, 2014
[s]
owobokiri: What do you expect from the same clan that introduced the culture of spraying crispy notes on musicians at ceremonies then went ahead to start the practice of organising burial ceremonies for relatives who died centuries ago, just because a living relative just "hammered"? The same bunch that invented the ultra "sophisticated' harbit of looting the treasury to buy up real estates in London. The same group that will throw an owambe for child naming ceremony, car washing ceremony, promotion ceremony, London visa ceremony, house opening ceremony etc and have major streets blocked just to dance and jolly. Our dear fun lovi.g rethrens from the sw. . The nemesis of NITEL, NEPA, NIGERIAN AIRWAYS, NIGERIAN SHIPPING LINE, etc? Put succintly; it is an ostantious culture that can only be financed through acute kleptomania.
[/s]

The thread is not a platform for you to show us how bigoted and unintelligent you are...

2 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by atlwireles: 9:16pm On Aug 22, 2014
manny4life:

I beg to disagree...As much as I like GEJ in some of his policies, I have criticized him particularly in rising debt. I strongly believe in financial prudence, borrow only if it's necessary and for capital projects. Based on the information we have, I haven't seen an justified borrowing for these states to plunge their citizens into such debt. GDP/Debt ratio is a good test but not always valid. This is why the U.S. is holding every economy to ransom. Their GDP/Debt ratio is at a tipping point.

As for what have other states contribute, I put it that you may have well been biased not to see what other states are contributing. There are too many capital projects from SE to SS and even the north. I disagree with you on this part. After all, wasn't it last month or so that GEJ commissioned the petrochemical plant or power generation plant. How will you classify the investment cost into that? There are many capital projects ongoing in various parts of the country. Just take a moment and look for them, you will find them.

The states have borrowed more monies in the last 4 years than the federal government. When GEJ became president the National external debt was $4.5B in 2010. The federal government issued Euro bonds for about $1.5B and received another $1.1B concessionaire loans from China. Most of those monies are currently used for both the Airport and railways reconstruction projects. The other $3.5B are states loans, from Lagos metro project to Rivers City water project etc. The federal government can account for its loans, the problem are the states.

6 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by owobokiri(m): 9:18pm On Aug 22, 2014
aresa: [s][/s]

The thread is not a platform for you to show us how bigoted and unintelligent you are...

Tinubu boy, i will deal with you o o oh

2 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by manny4life(m): 9:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
atlwireles:

The states have borrowed more monies in the last 4 years than the federal government. When GEJ became president the National external debt was $4.5B in 2010. The federal government issued Euro bonds for about $1.5B and received another $1.1B concessionaire loans from China. Most of those monies are currently used for both the Airport and railways reconstruction projects. The other $3.5B are states loans, from Lagos metro project to Rivers City water project etc. The federal government can pretty account for its loans, the problem are the states.

That's the whole point... The FG is responsible for these loans because it act as guarantors, so at the end of day, whether it's a state or FG, it's more so FG debt should the states default.
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Gbawe: 9:27pm On Aug 22, 2014
The OP, likely another ethnocentric semi-illiterate, looking to tarnish the SW by hook or by crook writes, in a brazen show of 419 shamelessness, as his thread title: "Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock."

He submits the total debt of SW States thus:

TOTAL $1,342,056,129 billion equivalent to N 214,717,000,000 billion Naira.

He puts the total that Nigerian states owe as the total external debt stock of the nation to make his ridiculous 45% argument !!!

I.e "Total amount owed by 36 states in Nigeria = $3,013,216,977 billion."

This is the deception he wanted to get away with i.e presenting the debt of SW States as 45% of Nigeria's total external debt stock he decieves others to be $3,013,216,977 billion when this is not the case because that figure excludes what the FG owes which contributes to total external debt stock.

The 419ner relied on most Nairalanders not reading through to see that the total external debt stock of Nigeria is actually $9,377,113,700.00 billion (see table and last figure to bottom right) consisting of what States owe i.e $3,013,216,977 billion plus what the FGN owe which is $6,363,896,722.40 billion !!!!! Naturally the OP, a Jonathanian empty barrel and anti-SW bigot, tried to hide how the FG is by far the most irresponsible borrower owing almost 70% of Nigeria's total external debt stock with virtually nothing on ground to show for this vast sum !!!!

Is the $1.3 billion approx owed by SW States 45% of Nigeria's total external debt stock of $9.4 billion approx? With this obvious attempt at deception , what is the point of even entertaining anything else the OP and his band of illiterate anti-SW brigade are saying here? Who has time for the amateurish and ultimately unintelligent witch-hunt these dunces think they can initiate against the SW? OP is clearly a crook and a fraudster. Same goes for his ALUU brigade who are even bigger m0r0ns. My advice is that you fools should inspect what you wish to put out in the public domain in your desperate effort, led by inferiority complex, to malign the SW by hook or by crook. Since the posters from the SW on this forum appear miles ahead of you in intelligence, they will discredit you easily. Better still, don't bother and save yourselves the embarrassment.

9 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by atlwireles: 9:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
manny4life:

That's the whole point... The FG is responsible for these loans because it act as guarantors, so at the end of day, whether it's a state or FG, it's more so FG debt should the states default.

You remembered the level of noise and political circus Amaechi provided when his $200M ADB loan was going thru the approval process or Fashola complains when the senate did not include his $600M installment as a part of the financial framework in 2012. We have to find a better way, to go about this loan, without holding a person from Delta responsible for loans used in Rivers.

1 Like

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Atouke: 9:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
Chei please we should reign in our south west governors before they borrow the whole country to death. These APC governors sabi borrow too much shocked shocked grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Brent Oil Hits Its Highest Level Since 2014 - Oilprice Report / Plantain Chips Packaging / CBN, Banks Set August 1 To Publish Serial Debtors’ List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.