Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,896 members, 7,956,373 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:51 AM

Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. (8685 Views)

Major Oil Firm, MRS, Owes FCMB N6.2bn / Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt / States With The Lowest External Debt In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aresa: 11:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
The OP is serious olodo sha...smh
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aresa: 11:15pm On Aug 22, 2014
Fashola4thSon: My south west leaders has kill us.

Let us beg IGBO for mercy!!!

Hiding behind tribal IDs to spew tribal rubbish is played out, it's boring, it's for the birds so find something better to do with your sorry life...

4 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by anonimi: 11:17pm On Aug 22, 2014
vicadex07: How convenient of you. They're all South West States right? And all are "non PDP" states.

Hmmn... These ethnic bigots have obviously changed their tactics. They are now using more sly and subtle means to achieve their goals.

PDP can lie sha, despite the obvious progress all these states are making without much contribution from the FG, the only line of action for them is to resort to cheap blackmail.

Progress that excludes addressing BASIC states' constitutional RESPONSIBILITY such as-

- TAP water.
- PUBLIC schools for all our children.
- FEEDER/INNER roads.
- General hospitals & primary health care clinics.

can only be aptly described as STAGNATION at best or RETROGRESSION in reality shocked

2 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by HopeAtHand: 11:19pm On Aug 22, 2014
Atouke: Each time you see anyone from the south west tell him or her that they are each owing N8,480 courtesy of their borrowing governors.

Every citizen from the five states has a debt burden of N8,480 hanging on their neck courtesy of their state governors.

Op, From Rivers States debt, how much did Amaechi borrow?

Cos he has to ensure he pays everydime of it before he leaves office.

I dnt know why Amaechi wuld be borrowin at will and plunging R/State into debt when Rivers state can conveniently sustain itself and even save from the combined Monthly federal allocation and IGR.
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Descartes: 11:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
aresa: [s][/s]

The thread is not a platform for you to show us how bigoted and unintelligent you are...
Why abusing him for saying the obvious
Yeye dey ooze angry

1 Like

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
Atouke:

Are you from the debt affected states? if yes which of the five in question?

it seems you have realized your state is equally indebted hence you parried the question.

If you can do a comparative analysis for all states: Debt to GDP ratio, IGR, Budget Performance History etc, I would take you seriously. But throwing figures around, as you have done, exposed you as a certified fool trying to put on a garb of a wise lad. But a fool will still be a fool.

If I said Atouke is indebted to the tune of $1billion dollars, what did that convey? Nothing. But if I stated your salary, assets, your credit history etc, independent observers would be able to decide if yours was irresponsible or otherwise. In other words, it's not just the amount but the overall picture that matters.

1 Like

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aresa: 11:21pm On Aug 22, 2014
anonimi:

Progress that excludes addressing BASIC states' constitutional RESPONSIBILITY such as-

- TAP water.
- FEEDER/INNER roads.

can only be aptly described as STAGNATION at best or RETROGRESSION in reality

What part of the things you listed your own state and federal government provided with their huge debt ?

1 Like

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Atouke: 11:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
This five states owe more money than the entire GDP of 10 west African states.
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aresa: 11:27pm On Aug 22, 2014
ProfCorruption:

it seems you have realized your state is equally indebted hence you parried the question.

If you can do a comparative analysis for all states: Debt to GDP ratio, IGR, Budget Performance History etc, I would take you seriously. But throwing figures around, as you have done, exposed you as a certified fool trying to put on a garb of a wise lad. But a fool will still be a fool.

If I said Atouke is indebted to the tune of $1billion dollars, what did that convey? Nothing. But if I stated your salary, assets, your credit history etc, independent observers would be able to decide if yours was irresponsible or otherwise. In other words, it's not just the amount but the overall picture that matters.

This level of logic and intelligent reasoning is way way above their shallow and illiterate mentality. They are too basic and pedestrian to formulate any form of intelligent reasoning..

3 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aljharem(m): 11:27pm On Aug 22, 2014
lets not leave the point. The debts are not the point

@ "Progressives" answer the following questions

1. How has the debt improve Lagos and indeed SW social economic structure for the past 8 years. Please don;t tell me about a 1.8 km bridge of 29 Billion Naira which means per meter is 15.6 million naira shocked BTW a meter is the lenght of my leg to my chest shocked

2. How has this debt improve the welfare of the citizens of the states. Poverty has increased ever since APC took over.

3. What are the structure on ground to repay these debts. Surely double or triple taxing cannot even pay up

3 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by vicadex07(m): 11:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
anonimi:

- TAP water.
- FEEDER/INNER roads.

can only be aptly described as STAGNATION at best or RETROGRESSION in reality shocked

At least here in the south west, we don't
complain about our governors or open up a
thread to "curse" them cos we know they are
working.
The only people having problems with south
western governors are igbos, and the irony of
it all is that their own governors are
"demons". Why don't you people mind your
own darn business or better still go back to
your eroded villages.

2 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aljharem(m): 11:29pm On Aug 22, 2014
vicadex07:

At least here in the south west, we don't
complain about our governors or open up a
thread to "curse" them cos we know they are
working.
The only people having problems with south
western governors are igbos, and the irony of
it all is that their own governors are
"demons". Why don't you people mind your
own darn business or better still go back to
your eroded villages.

Sorry sir, Who does not complain ? Just because you are part of the upper class in the APC government does not mean ordinary citizens like me like them.

We want them out !

4 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by anonimi: 11:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
aresa:

What part of the things you listed your own state and federal government provided with their huge debt ?

I would think that an Aide to Fashola, SAN such as you EkoIle aka Aresa would know that ALL that I listed are NOT constitutional responsibilities of the federal government.
Perhaps I rated you higher than you deserve

2 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Atouke: 11:31pm On Aug 22, 2014
aljharem: lets not leave the point. The debts are not the point

1. How has the debt improve Lagos and indeed SW social economic structure for the pass 8 years. Please don;t tell me about a 1.8 km bridge of 29 Billion Naira which means per meter is 15.6 million naira shocked BTW a meter is the lenght of my leg to my chest shocked

2. How has this debt improve the welfare of the citizens of the states. Poverty has increased ever since APC took over.

3. What are the structure on ground to repay these debts. Surely double or triple taxing cannot even pay up

Their plan is to default on the loan so that Niger Delta oil will bail them out. they got no plan other than to keep borrowing and not pay back.

2 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Descartes: 11:33pm On Aug 22, 2014
Gbawe:

Olodo, your use of English is bad while your mathematical ability, as you have proven to all here, is best described as pre-school level. Yet you remain here throwing around meaningless figures when you should be using the remaining browsing allowance you have to look for adult basic education classes. You guys and the inferiority complex that is eating you alive. Hope you won't kill yourselves taking Panadol for the non-existent headache of Yoruba folks and their States.
And you are calling one "olodo" with this @bolded shocked wink
Stop abusing and face the fact and you claimed learned angry
Dividends of Awo free education and stomach infrastructure. cool angry cheesy

1 Like

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aljharem(m): 11:35pm On Aug 22, 2014
Atouke:

Their plan is to default on the loan so that Niger Delta oil will bail them out. they got no plan other than to keep borrowing and not pay back.

Niger delta or not is none of my business afterall, we take care of Niger deltan too in the SW.

They should show us what they have done with the money they have being sharing all these while

3 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Fashola4thSon: 11:38pm On Aug 22, 2014
aresa:

Hiding behind tribal IDs to spew tribal rubbish is played out, it's boring, it's for the birds so find something better to do with your sorry life...

Very funny because I am complaining of bad management? That's make me whatever you called yourself
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Ayekotoo(m): 11:38pm On Aug 22, 2014
anonimi:

I would think that an Aide to Fashola, SAN such as you EkoIle aka Aresa would know that ALL that I listed are NOT constitutional responsibilities of the federal government.
Ok! they are not responsibilities of the federal government. Are they also not your state government responsibilities? Mr. crayon, you are a disgrace if you can't hold your leaders responsible for your sorry state.

2 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Atouke: 11:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
aljharem:

Niger delta or not is none of my business afterall, we take care of Niger deltan too in the SW.

They should show us what they have done with the money they have being sharing all these while

so your plan is to use external debt as 13% derivation? dont worry am happy these are external loans that you an your generations to come will have to work hard and repay with taxes.

The international communities will not forgive your debt this time around espercially now that the see BAT and his band of progressive borrowers flying private jets in and out of their countries to stuff the stolen loan amount in their private foreign accounts.

1 Like

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aljharem(m): 11:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
Ayekotoo:
Ok! they are not responsibilities of the federal government. Are they also not your state government responsibilities? Mr. crayon, you are a disgrace if you can't hold your leaders responsible for your sorry state.

I knew you will be here

Have you held your leaders responsible first ?
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aresa: 11:40pm On Aug 22, 2014
anonimi:

We have ministry of water resources

We have federal roads

We have federal hospitals

We have federal public schools

All the above have yearly budgets and are federal responsibilities..

Again, What part of the things you listed your own state and federal government provided with their huge debt ?

While you are at it, tell us what your own state did with their huge budget..
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Ayekotoo(m): 11:40pm On Aug 22, 2014
Descartes:
And you are calling one "olodo" with this @bolded shocked wink
Stop abusing and face the fact and you claimed learned angry
Dividends of Awo free education and stomach infrastructure. cool angry cheesy
Mr. Okoro teaching and correcting a yoruba man English. chai, there's God o
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aresa: 11:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
Ayekotoo:

The schemer is playing bait and switch...
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Ayekotoo(m): 11:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
aresa:

We have ministry of water resources

We have federal roads

We have federal hospitals

We have federal public schools

All the above have yearly budgets and are federal responsibilities..

Again, What part of the things you listed your own state and federal government provided with their huge debt ?

While you are at it, tell us what your own state did with their huge budget..

Wait till he twists and throw the questions back to you. he's called Mr. crayon for nothing
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
aljharem: lets not leave the point. The debts are not the point

1. How has the debt improve Lagos and indeed SW social economic structure for the past 8 years. Please don;t tell me about a 1.8 km bridge of 29 Billion Naira which means per meter is 15.6 million naira shocked BTW a meter is the lenght of my leg to my chest shocked

That's a legitimate question and it's the type of questions that OP should have asked. Since you are now a PDP member, you should make it a campaign question. What has Lagos achieved under Fasola? Right? My prediction is many won't agree that Fasola has not improved Lagos than he met it.The same is applicable to Ogun, Oyo, Osun and even Ekiti.

Is the highlighted a statement of fact or just your opinion?

3. [b]What are the structure on ground to repay these debts. Surely double or triple taxing cannot even pay up[/b]

Pick your answers here:

The Lagos State Government says it has paid the first N50bn out of the N275bn bond it issued to investors.

The Commissioner for Finance, Ayo Gbeleyi, stated this on Wednesday while discussing the achievements of his ministry in the last one year in Alausa, Ikeja.

He explained that the N50bn bond, which was the first tranche undertaken by the government in 2009 for infrastructural financing, was redeemed in February 2014.

He added that the development had further boosted the confidence of the investing public in the state’s bond programme.

He said all the borrowings by the state under the bond programme, targeted to raise N275bn, with a moratorium period of about 12 years, had been oversubscribed.

He said, “The bond series began in 2009 with the issuance of N50bn, which has been fully redeemed. Then, there was the N57.5bn in 2010 and expected to mature in 2017. The state in 2012 raised N80bn, which will mature in 2019. We have also raised another N87.5bn. With the N50bn payment, the outstanding in the state bond programme is now N225bn.”

He said the government had created a Consolidated Debt Service Account to which 15 per cent of the state’s monthly Internally Generated Revenue was transferred. He explained that the CDSA was meant to service the state bonds.

Gbeleyi said Lagos had been generating about N20bn internally every month, adding that as of March 2014, the CDSA had accumulated to N47.8bn.

Gbeleyi explained that indices guiding purposeful borrowing and the size of the state’s economy allowed Lagos to borrow, adding that the money raised through the bond programme was channeled into capital projects which could mean more money to build in the future should the government fail to undertake now.

He said, “Lagos GDP as of the end of 2013 was US $100bn. This is 20 per cent Nigeria’s GDP and it is equivalent to that of some 15 states combined and larger than that of most African countries, including Ghana, Ivory Coast, Senegal and Kenya.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/n275bn-bond-lagos-pays-back-n50bn/

1 Like

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Descartes: 11:45pm On Aug 22, 2014
Ayekotoo:
Mr. Okoro teaching and correcting a yoruba man English. chai, there's God o
Not correcting him really but the way he was sounding abusing the poster ,does that make him learned undecided
Wisdom is a principal thing. cool
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aresa: 11:45pm On Aug 22, 2014
aljharem:

Sorry sir, Who does not complain ? Just because you are part of the upper class in the APC government does not mean ordinary citizens like me like them.

We want them out !

There are at least 36 states with debt on that list so why not pose the same questions to the other states.

1 Like

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Ayekotoo(m): 11:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
aljharem:

I knew you will be here

Have you held your leaders responsible first ?
Asking me out again after last nite show of disgrace. I will put you to where you belong until you come to your sense that these people they wish to have leaders like Fashola, Aregbesola, Amosun, Ajimobi et all but fate couldnt but gave them T.A Orji, Elechi, Obiano et all.
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aljharem(m): 11:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
ProfCorruption:

That's a legitimate question and it's the type of questions that OP should have asked. Since you are now a PDP member, you should make it a campaign question. What has Lagos achieved under Fasola? Right? My prediction is many won't agree that Fasola has not improved Lagos than he met it.The same is applicable to Ogun, Oyo, Osun and even Ekiti.

I am not a PDP member but will say the truth when I see one.

Lagos has been under AD---APC since 1999 so you say fashola has improved Lagos is based on the individuality of Fashola and not APC.

Apart from this, OYO ( Spent some time there recently), Ekiti have not shown any sign of improvement. All we see is more poverty.

ProfCorruption:
Is the highlighted a statement of fact or just your opinion?

It is a statement of fact

The rate of poverty incidence in Lagos increased nearly nine times from 6.27 per cent in 1996 to 53 per cent in 2004. This is the high point of a draft report of the Nigeria Living Standard Survey 2003/2004 produced by the Federal Office of Statistics (FOS) in collaboration with the European Union (EU), World Bank and the Department of International Development.

http://www.proshareng.com/news/44
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aljharem(m): 11:52pm On Aug 22, 2014
Again what did APC use the money for because such debts should have visible evidence don't you think progressives ?
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aljharem(m): 11:54pm On Aug 22, 2014
aresa:

There are at least 36 states with debt on that list so why not pose the same questions to the other states.

The level of debts corresponds or make logical sense to the level of infrastructure they have in the state. The same cannot be said of Lagos.
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
Patience Jonathan alone can pay this chicken change debt from just one account she has held in the name of her proxies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tanzania, Dangote Sign Agreement On Gas Supply / How Can I Transfer Funds From Blockchain E-wallet Account To My Local Bank? / Best Small Business Loan Websites You Can Use To Boost Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.