Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,966 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Desperate Housewives! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Desperate Housewives! (549 Views)

Housewives:stop Tieing Wrappers In Your Matrimonial Homes / Characters Ladies Of Marriageable Age Exhibit When Desperate For Husbands / Desperate Housewives Or Grey's Anatomy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Desperate Housewives! by JosephCudjoe(m): 6:48am On Aug 23, 2014
DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES
I’m not about to recount the Hollywood seasonal movie. I am not even sure if I saw a complete episode of the film but as I read Isaiah chapter four, I saw desperate ladies. And interestingly I have seen this level of desperation all in a bit to get married among ladies of my time. The unfortunate thing is that most ladies can’t tell the difference between being in love and being desperate neither can they separate determination from desperation. They reduce themselves to a boyfriend cook, sometimes his dry-cleaner or even go and live with him. Most often than not,when a lady clocks 25 and she is yet to
be engaged, she becomes a desperado and employ all manner of tactics to get any monkey in trouser to marry (and a monkey is a monkey no matter how much love you show him … to him banana is sweeter than honey). When a man doesn’t want you,
nothing you do will make him stay. If you eventually get him to marry you, he will keep you at home as madam and sleep around with other girls and make marriage unbearable for you to the extent that you begin to detest the marriage you highly esteemed while you
were single. Desperation is a ‘repeller’ It can get you a man but not a husband, it can
get you a house but not a home, it can get you money and keep you mourning. Help me tell someone close by, that there is no need for the rush! My definition of desperation in this context is… getting your self esteem to be tampered with all in the name of
keeping a man.

I will like to show you from God’s word some symptoms of desperation that won’t get you far in life. Let’s give some flesh SYSTEMATICALLY to each phrase in…

Isaiah 4:1. And in that day seven
women shall take hold of one man,
saying, we will eat our own bread and
wear our own cloth: only let us be
called by your name, to take our
reproach.

1. COMPETITION WITH OTHER GIRLS: (And in that day SEVEN WOMEN…) In this scenario, your fiancé flirts with girls around and whenever you confront him, he cajoles you and say something like ‘you know I can’t help girls flocking around me, you are the only one I love, I’m only cooling off with others’. So you feel special and lucky to be selected amidst several ladies and since you don’t want to lose him, you console yourself with ‘he will change when we are married’… but listen babe, you have simply been maga and you just give him license to commit adultery in marriage. You are not in love, you are simply desperate.

2. SHE PURSUES (shall take HOLD…)
A lady has no business to take hold or pursue a man. So you feel you needed to help him propose because you think he is shy, listen, any guy that is not decisive enough to ask you out, he’s not qualified to be your man (because if he feels inferior to ask you out then he might not be able to take superior decision for your relationship) Shikena! It is a low self esteem that makes a woman run after a man. The ugly part is that if you started it you have to maintain it. A man is wired by God to pursue and a woman is wired to respond, when you switch that role you create a leadership vacuum. It might be contemporary to ask out a man but it is neither ethical nor scriptural. Whoever initiate the relationship is responsible for its sustenance.

3. SHE LOOKS UP TO MEN (take hold of a MAN…): To this kind of babe, every good looking guy is a potential husband. She attends every event in search for a suitor. She interprets every kind gesture of brothers in her fellowship as show of interest. She assumes relationship even when the guy has not proposed and feel jilted, used and dumped when he later introduces his fiancée…it is called ‘holding on to men’… but actually you were meant to hold on to God. Your scripture should be ‘I will look up to the hill where my spouse comes from, my husband comes from the Lord who makes heaven and earth.

To be continued .....

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

If You Don't Give Her Money Other Men Are More Than Willing , So Why Complain??? / Love Story- Burned Biscuit / How Do I Know I'm In A True/real Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.