Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,645 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:28 AM

Are Some Men REALLY Afraid Of Successful Women? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Some Men REALLY Afraid Of Successful Women? (829 Views)

Why Do People Use Marriage As A Means To Insult Single Successful Women? / Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? / What Men Really Want In Modern Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Some Men REALLY Afraid Of Successful Women? by zboyd: 8:08pm On Aug 23, 2014
On his Instagram page, Jim Iyke shared his thoughts on successful women and why men are afraid of them:

"Women are like apples on trees, the best ones are on the top of the tree. The men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and don't want to get hurt. Instead they get the cold manipulating easier climbs. So, the apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality they are amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who's brave enough to climb all the way to the top because they value quality away from d spotlight."

As more and more women are gaining and increasingly surpassing men in educational and professional achievements, why are some deemed unsuitable for marriage by some members of the male population?

Why do some men seem intimidated by successful women?

Why do some men SAY they want to marry a successful woman who can carry her own weight, stand on her own two feet, yet shun said women for other women with less to offer?

Successful women want love, attention, support and adoration from an important man in her life...so why are some still looking and waiting for romance and marriage?
Re: Are Some Men REALLY Afraid Of Successful Women? by MrsChima(f): 8:10pm On Aug 23, 2014
Most Nigeria men are.

Sexist assholes!
Re: Are Some Men REALLY Afraid Of Successful Women? by sarmiie(m): 8:20pm On Aug 23, 2014
Quite simple, i shld think..

An average man wants to be a master in his home. he grew up watching his father be d master of his home. Obviously, no matter what society forces him to say in public, no matter how much he pays lip service to all d good stuff feminists n apologists want to hear, at d end of d day d result is simple: he'll go for a woman who's submissive to him.

Its nt his fault. Its his culture. And hers too.

Even really successful n ''independent'' women r usually submissive to their submissive partners.

A woman who doesnt submit to u (in a relationship) doesnt respect u. Even d so-called ''easily manipulated'' ones wldnt submit to men dey dont respect...so abeg, dont think men r afraid of dating successful women cos of ego, d r cos dy kno she'd find it difficult to follow his lead (except if he's more successful in anoda aspect)...
Re: Are Some Men REALLY Afraid Of Successful Women? by DickDastardly(m): 8:20pm On Aug 23, 2014
Crap!

Re: Are Some Men REALLY Afraid Of Successful Women? by rawpadgin(m): 8:21pm On Aug 23, 2014
she can be successful for all I care but I can never let her be the bread winner of the home
cuz women tend to have swollen ego once they becomes the bread winner & that's what some men are scared of

1 Like

Re: Are Some Men REALLY Afraid Of Successful Women? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 23, 2014
Feminists at it again! Men aren't scared of marrying successful women; men are just Irritated by devilish egos and over-ambitiousness. How can you want to be in an iinstitution designed to be headed by a man and still want to retain your maiden name, live like a single lady that has no authority over her, put personal ambition above the family etc? You can't eat your cake and have it. No man has the time to climb to the top of a tree in search of the so-called best fruits of the tree which might have been eaten by bats, especially when the ones within his reach look visibly fresh to him and are still from thesame tree. What is success? Is gaining employment after education not success enough simply because majority of girls achieve that now? So a lady can't be termed successful till she has become a minister or built an empire. Such women lose focus and go astray. Look at omoni oboli when she visited aso rock. With the way she was dress, do you think such a woman can remain faithful to her husband again? There are different levels of success, but when a woman becomes over-ambitious, she becomes a tool in the hand of the devil, a good reason why they are told to be submissive so as to prevent the entrance of evil into their marriage cos a good man will recognise when she's doing things harmful to their union and will correct her.

2 Likes

Re: Are Some Men REALLY Afraid Of Successful Women? by TRADELYN: 8:27pm On Aug 23, 2014
Not really...

In fact, that is the dream of every man if ONLY she has the fear of God (i.e. A virtuous wife).

*Researching*
Re: Are Some Men REALLY Afraid Of Successful Women? by emperortony: 8:30pm On Aug 23, 2014
Successful women aint loyal....and they are the agitators of gender equality. You see their worse when they are more successful than their spouse!! But I like them tho.
Re: Are Some Men REALLY Afraid Of Successful Women? by Mprex(f): 8:43pm On Aug 23, 2014
I dont see why a man should be intimidated or afraid of a successful lady unless he has an inferiority complex.

Even if he is less successful than her, he should see her as a challenge, a form of motivation not n intimidation.

2 Likes

Re: Are Some Men REALLY Afraid Of Successful Women? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 23, 2014
Mprex: I dont see why a man should be intimidated or afraid of a successful lady unless he has an inferiority complex.

Even if he is less successful than her, he should see her as a challenge, a form of motivation not n intimidation.
what kind of success are you talking about?
Re: Are Some Men REALLY Afraid Of Successful Women? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 23, 2014
I just don't geeettt it. Why should someone's success intimidate me when I'm genuinely interested? Na wa woo, I think Beauty is different, love another thing but success, nope - I can only be motivated. That's what make me a Man right? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Are Some Men REALLY Afraid Of Successful Women? by Mprex(f): 8:56pm On Aug 23, 2014
eighTHREAD: what kind of success are you talking about?
wealth undecided
Re: Are Some Men REALLY Afraid Of Successful Women? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 23, 2014
Mprex:
wealth undecided
and do you know the kind of madness that comes with wealth?

(1) (Reply)

3 Sure Shot Signs That Your Partner Truly Loves You! / / 5 Crazy Things Most Couples Fight About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.