Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,541 members, 7,819,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users (12263 Views)

10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving / Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / Your Experiences With Nairaland Auto Dealers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by Rapmoney(m): 12:09am On Jan 30, 2015
nnamdiosu:

haaahaaaa. Omo I laughed at number four so hard. their eyes would be like .....see him, Wetin u abi. lolsss

grin grin
Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by femakins: 4:16am On Jan 30, 2015
1. Driving on d road & all of a sudden anoda driver just enter my front as if i be mumu driver wey wan sleep for road.
2. A driver in front of U̶̲̥̅̊ who just stop abruptly without any sign to show dat he wanted to stop.
3. Okada riders alwaz trying to use every small space to go especially wen U̶̲̥̅̊ are in a hold up.
4. A driver who wanted to join d road & expecting dat U̶̲̥̅̊ must stop Fø̲̣̣я̅ him to go compulsorily in which he has no right to.
5. Female drivers who alwaz abuse other drivers immaturedly as if dem no get husband for house e.t.c.

1 Like

Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by Rapmoney(m): 9:02am On Jan 30, 2015
femakins:
1. Driving on d road & all of a sudden anoda driver just enter my front as if i be mumu driver wey wan sleep for road.
2. A driver in front of U̶̲̥̅̊ who just stop abruptly without any sign to show dat he wanted to stop.
3. Okada riders alwaz trying to use every small space to go especially wen U̶̲̥̅̊ are in a hold up.
4. A driver who wanted to join d road & expecting dat U̶̲̥̅̊ must stop Fø̲̣̣я̅ him to go compulsorily in which he has no right to.
5. Female drivers who alwaz abuse other drivers immaturedly as if dem no get husband for house e.t.c.

Your 3, 4 and 5 are so annoying bro...especially number 5 grin
Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by lukaino(m): 9:36am On Jan 30, 2015
Female Drivers driving like they wanna prove a point to their male counterparts........ very annoying.
They'll never give you right of way even when it is absolutely necessary
They make dangerous entrance into major roads without watching carefully
They see every male driver as a threat
in fact, their sins are too numerous to mention.....

1 Like

Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by Rapmoney(m): 3:32pm On Jan 30, 2015
lukaino:
Female Drivers driving like they wanna prove a point to their male counterparts........ very annoying.

Nice one...I experienced sumtin similar this afternoon while going to deliver sumtin for my boss.
Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by ohiadesign: 12:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
lukaino:

dude ease up, if you use your signal lights politely we will give you way instead of just inching your car slowly towards us as if you want to kiss us (back off) and nobody sees you as a threat its all in your mind stop generalizing
Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by ohiadesign: 1:06pm On Feb 02, 2015
Rapmoney:
Often times, car owners get frustrated by other road users. Driving on Nigerian roads sha; na wa o!
My top 5 are:

1. Keke riders coming behind you on high speed when you are turning, and your trafficker is clearly on. They end up bruising your car. Out of every 10 cars in Delta State, 6 will have marks of white and blue on their sides (colour of keke in Delta State)and bumpers.

2. Roads normally have speed lane and slow lane. It is very annoying when I see people driving slowly on speed lane. Some will even drive in the middle, blocking every chance to overtake. You have no choice but to hoot and drive behind them; women are mostly guilty of this.

3. When someone drives recklessly in front of you and you try to correct or caution them gently, they scream, shout at you and insult you. So annoying.

4. When someone overtakes you, they look look at you spitefully as they speed past. I wonder why people do this

5.When following someone on the road, they suddenly make a turning without notifying the drivers behind by their traffickers.

Post yours let's discuss.

1, For all you learned drivers out there the most important rule you should ever learn & respect is GIVE WAY TO TRAFFIC ON YOUR LEFT!
this means if at a junction allow the driver on your LEFT to pass before you proceed, when you are speeding (as usual) towards the round about (i see you, all those lekki drivers) slow down and allow the drivers who are already in the roundabout coming from your LEFT to pass before you join the round about.

2, if your car gets faulty on the road please and please kindly push it off the major road to a side road or a bus stop access or any where less dangerous than the main road, because I will brush your awkward butt protruding in the air as you are bending down to fix the car in the middle of the road lane.

3, I thank all those learned drivers who use their indicators / signals when about to make a turn or stop but the key to this act is to start signaling at least 50m before you make that turn and not be speeding and suddenly break, quickly signal and turn off WTF! please stop. also if you want to change lanes and you are signalling please note your signal lights are behind and at the side of your car so ideally it's the driver behind you that can see them not the driver directly beside you or in front of you(ridiculous i know) so the driver behind you on the lane you want to enter will slow down for you (if they wish no be by force)

4, I know this is a hard one for some simpletons but I still insist if they are not speeding like a maniac and they respect the rule of giving way to drivers on their left then they can maintain the lane they entered the round about and exit it on the same lane and not be like a retard, drunkingly speeding to the round about from the 3rd slow lane to just zoom into the first fast lane in the roundabout and exit on the middle lane. its hilarious to watch from behind but not funny when you are the driver on the first lane in the round about and you see this maniac swerving so close to you because of the over powering centrifugal force, just stop it there are still lane lines in the round about stick to it!

5, finally i will not bother to comment on keke's, okadas and danfo drivers we all agree they are not normal people what I will comment last on is for learned drivers like ourselves to build the habit of using our signal lights always, I have alot on my mind to try and be guessing WTF you are doing on the road so make it easier for all and NO! you waving your palms through your wound up tinted (or not) glass side window is not signalling I don't want to strain my eyes to see if you are just gesticulating, waving at someone else or hand signaling just use your damn signal lights that is why they were put there, besides your cars looking way better than danfos so I expect those signal lights to be functioning. USE THEM!

(PS trafficator is not a real word check it up on your dictionary)

2 Likes

Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by Rapmoney(m): 1:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
ohiadesign:

1, For all you learned drivers out there the most important rule you should ever learn & respect is GIVE WAY TO TRAFFIC ON YOUR LEFT!
this means if at a junction allow the driver on your LEFT to pass before you proceed, when you are speeding (as usual) towards the round about (i see you, all those lekki drivers) slow down and allow the drivers who are already in the roundabout coming from your LEFT to pass before you join the round about.

2, if your car gets faulty on the road please and please kindly push it off the major road to a side road or a bus stop access or any where less dangerous than the main road, because I will brush your awkward butt protruding in the air as you are bending down to fix the car in the middle of the road lane.

3, I thank all those learned drivers who use their indicators / signals when about to make a turn or stop but the key to this act is to start signaling at least 50m before you make that turn and not be speeding and suddenly break, quickly signal and turn off WTF! please stop. also if you want to change lanes and you are signalling please note your signal lights are behind and at the side of your car so ideally it's the driver behind you that can see them not the driver directly beside you or in front of you(ridiculous i know) so the driver behind you on the lane you want to enter will slow down for you (if they wish no be by force)

4, I know this is a hard one for some simpletons but I still insist if they are not speeding like a maniac and they respect the rule of giving way to drivers on their left then they can maintain the lane they entered the round about and exit it on the same lane and not be like a retard, drunkingly speeding to the round about from the 3rd slow lane to just zoom into the first fast lane in the roundabout and exit on the middle lane. its hilarious to watch from behind but not funny when you are the driver on the first lane in the round about and you see this maniac swerving so close to you because of the over powering centrifugal force, just stop it there are still lane lines in the round about stick to it!

5, finally i will not bother to comment on keke's, okadas and danfo drivers we all agree they are not normal people what I will comment last on is for learned drivers like ourselves to build the habit of using our signal lights always, I have alot on my mind to try and be guessing WTF you are doing on the road so make it easier for all and NO! you waving your palms through your wound up tinted (or not) glass side window is not signalling I don't want to strain my eyes to see if you are just gesticulating, waving at someone else or hand signaling just use your damn signal lights that is why they were put there, besides your cars looking way better than danfos so I expect those signal lights to be functioning. USE THEM!

(PS trafficator is not a real word check it up on your dictionary)

Thanks bro. Your post is very interesting and insightful!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Year Has The Best Camry Between 2007-2011 / Upcoming Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Is Now The Fastest Production Car At The Ring / How To Take Good Care Of Your Tires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.