Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Should Worship Sessions Be Rehearsed? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Worship Sessions Be Rehearsed? (976 Views)

Should Prayer Sessions Be Held In The Office? / Kidnappers Held Prayer, Praise & Worship Sessions For Success - General Rotimi / What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Worship Sessions Be Rehearsed? by hayoakins(m): 6:06am On Aug 24, 2014
I am sold out to worshiping Him ie. GOD and God alone.

I would rather prefer an all night worship to praise as I believe that when we praise God, we enjoy ourselves but worshiping Him, we enjoy Him and His presence, hence; I am of the opinion that worship sessions shouldn't be rehearsed like praise sessions. Worship should flow per time from the heart.

Let's have your opinion.
Re: Should Worship Sessions Be Rehearsed? by Elijah78: 7:37am On Aug 24, 2014
@ Op, Is worship the singing of songs? If yes, please provide me with some scriptural backing. I will be very grateful.
Re: Should Worship Sessions Be Rehearsed? by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 24, 2014
op i dont quite understand u
is there anybody that rehearses prayer ?
Explain more
Re: Should Worship Sessions Be Rehearsed? by hayoakins(m): 8:36am On Aug 24, 2014
Elijah78: @ Op, Is worship the singing of songs? If yes, please provide me with some scriptural backing. I will be very grateful.

Worshiping God can be executed in various ways ie. singing, speaking, chanting, screaming, shouting, prayer, offering etc. However, the topic is focusing on one aspect ie. Singing so let's have your opinion.

Cheers
Re: Should Worship Sessions Be Rehearsed? by hayoakins(m): 8:38am On Aug 24, 2014
francleanflexy: op i dont quite understand u
is there anybody that rehearses prayer ?
Explain more

Nigerians indeed answer question with a question.
Re: Should Worship Sessions Be Rehearsed? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 24, 2014
hayoakins:

Nigerians indeed answer question with a question.

u still did not answer me cos i cant understand the angle u are coming from
Re: Should Worship Sessions Be Rehearsed? by Elijah78: 12:22pm On Aug 24, 2014
hayoakins:

Worshiping God can be executed in various ways ie. singing, speaking, chanting, screaming, shouting, prayer, offering etc. However, the topic is focusing on one aspect ie. Singing so let's have your opinion.

Cheers

Thank you for your response. Please can you kindly cite scripture to confirm to me that worship can be done by singing, chanting, speaking, prayer, offering etc. Please kindly help a brother who needs knowledge of this particular aspect.
Re: Should Worship Sessions Be Rehearsed? by Sanchez01: 7:56am On Aug 25, 2014
hayoakins: I am sold out to worshiping Him ie. GOD and God alone.

I would rather prefer an all night worship to praise as I believe that when we praise God, we enjoy ourselves but worshiping Him, we enjoy Him and His presence, hence; I am of the opinion that worship sessions shouldn't be rehearsed like praise sessions. Worship should flow per time from the heart.

Let's have your opinion.
OP, it seems you cannot tell the distinct feature if the two. Most people think worship sessions are largely those moments when the drummer plays a 4X4 beat count while the pianist strings the piano and the worship leader sing slow songs, while praise songs are the heavy, fast, rhythmic beats accompany fast and dance-able songs. Wrong!

It would be almost impossible to truly worship and praise if you don't understand the two:

WHAT WORSHIP REALLY IS
When we worship, we understand that there is a Deity, in our case, God, who is seen as the supreme being and most powerful. Worship must be viewed from two main angles – adoration and service. Worship speaks of the worthiness of a being to receive special honor. On one hand we can say worship speaks of pure adoration and reverence where the redeemed person (the believer) contemplates and praises God in his Holy perfection. On the other hand worship can be likened to service. In the bible, worshippers are described as slaves or hired servants and in the New Testament, the greek word “latreuo” is translated both as ‘to serve’ (Matt 4:10) and ‘to worship’ (Acts 24:14; 2nd Tim 1:3, Rev 22:3) was more appropriate. As such a true worshipper of God must not only adore and reverence God but must also show a willingness and desire to serve God. Our lives must be lived in honor of God.

WHAT PRAISE IS
When we praise, we GIVE THANKS for things GOD has done. Also known as Thanksgiving, singing praises is recognizing that God has done certain things that are worthy of appreciation. Unlike worship which requires reverence and fear of the One True God, praise allows for self expression of one's feelings (Psalm 150), we are expected to praise with every musical instrument available. When 1Thes 5:18, talks about giving thanks, it recognizes that God is expected to make everything green for His own and He expects us to show appreciation at all times.

And yes, worship and praise sessions, particularly within people I call the Levites, Choristers, should be rehearsed. I have been one for over 8 years and I must tell you that rehearsals of both praise and worship songs are germane. You might not understand this if you are a chorister; how do you think you arrive at the songs you sing? People, compose, rehearse and eventually arrive at these songs. Songs don't fall from the sky. Irrespective of the fact that you rehearsed worship sessions, the Holy Spirit still takes charge because by the time you sing these songs, you sing them from your soul, and not from your head. That is when worship best makes its meaning. The Holy Spirit is also known as the reminder who reminds us of what we have learnt, so how can you stand before tons of congregation in a church service and expect the Holy Spirit to remind you of those things you don't know?

John 14:26King James Version (KJV)

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance"

Culled from my forth coming book: "Music: Your ministry and You"

#Shalom!
Re: Should Worship Sessions Be Rehearsed? by hayoakins(m): 10:49am On Aug 25, 2014
Sanchez01:
OP, it seems you cannot tell the distinct feature if the two. Most people think worship sessions are largely those moments when the drummer plays a 4X4 beat count while the pianist strings the piano and the worship leader sing slow songs, while praise songs are the heavy, fast, rhythmic beats accompany fast and dance-able songs. Wrong!

It would be almost impossible to truly worship and praise if you don't understand the two:

Thank you for the response, however, in my penultimate response, i listed what i think worship is and streamlined this discussion to one of the methods of worship i.e. Singing cheesy
Re: Should Worship Sessions Be Rehearsed? by Sanchez01: 10:52am On Aug 25, 2014
hayoakins:

Thank you for the response, however, in my penultimate response, i listed what i think worship is and streamlined this discussion to one of the methods of worship i.e. Singing cheesy
And I believe I responded to that as well. They can be rehearsed.
Re: Should Worship Sessions Be Rehearsed? by hayoakins(m): 10:52am On Aug 25, 2014
Elijah78:

Thank you for your response. Please can you kindly cite scripture to confirm to me that worship can be done by singing, chanting, speaking, prayer, offering etc. Please kindly help a brother who needs knowledge of this particular aspect.

John 4:24 ESV / 241 helpful votes

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Psalm 95:6 ESV / 227 helpful votes

Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker!

Colossians 3:14-17 ESV / 137 helpful votes

And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Isaiah 12:5 ESV / 125 helpful votes

“Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth.

Romans 12:1 ESV / 113 helpful votes

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

John 4:23 ESV / 96 helpful votes

But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.

Hebrews 13:15 ESV / 93 helpful votes

Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name.

Luke 4:8 ESV / 86 helpful votes

And Jesus answered him, “It is written, “‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve.’”

Hebrews 12:28 ESV / 77 helpful votes

Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe,

Matthew 18:20 ESV / 52 helpful votes

For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”

Psalm 95:1-6 ESV / 51 helpful votes

Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land.

Psalm 132:7 ESV / 46 helpful votes

“Let us go to his dwelling place; let us worship at his footstool!”

Psalm 29:2 ESV / 44 helpful votes

Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; worship the Lord in the splendor of holiness.

Revelation 19:10 ESV / 41 helpful votes

Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God.” For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Isaiah 56:7 ESV / 38 helpful votes

These I will bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer; their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples.”

Revelation 14:7 ESV / 37 helpful votes

And he said with a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come, and worship him who made heaven and earth, the sea and the springs of water.”

Hebrews 10:25 ESV / 33 helpful votes

Not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

Psalm 99:5 ESV / 33 helpful votes

Exalt the Lord our God; worship at his footstool! Holy is he!

Isaiah 29:13-16 ESV / 31 helpful votes

And the Lord said: “Because this people draw near with their mouth and honor me with their lips, while their hearts are far from me, and their fear of me is a commandment taught by men, therefore, behold, I will again do wonderful things with this people, with wonder upon wonder; and the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the discernment of their discerning men shall be hidden.” Ah, you who hide deep from the Lord your counsel, whose deeds are in the dark, and who say, “Who sees us? Who knows us?” You turn things upside down! Shall the potter be regarded as the clay, that the thing made should say of its maker, “He did not make me”; or the thing formed say of him who formed it, “He has no understanding”?

1 Peter 2:5 ESV / 30 helpful votes

You yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Psalm 96:9 ESV / 30 helpful votes

Worship the Lord in the splendor of holiness; tremble before him, all the earth!

1 Timothy 2:8 ESV / 27 helpful votes

I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling;

Psalm 84:10 ESV / 27 helpful votes

For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness.

Psalm 77:13 ESV / 26 helpful votes

Your way, O God, is holy. What god is great like our God?

Psalm 66:4 ESV / 26 helpful votes

All the earth worships you and sings praises to you; they sing praises to your name.” Selah

Psalm 27:4 ESV / 24 helpful votes

One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple.

Isaiah 30:29 ESV / 23 helpful votes

You shall have a song as in the night when a holy feast is kept, and gladness of heart, as when one sets out to the sound of the flute to go to the mountain of the Lord, to the Rock of Israel.

Psalm 100:1-4 ESV / 21 helpful votes

A Psalm for giving thanks. Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing! Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!

Psalm 149:1 ESV / 20 helpful votes

Praise the Lord! Sing to the Lord a new song, his praise in the assembly of the godly!

1 Peter 2:9 ESV / 19 helpful votes

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

Luke 10:38-42 ESV / 19 helpful votes

Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a village. And a woman named Martha welcomed him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to his teaching. But Martha was distracted with much serving. And she went up to him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me.” But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”

Exodus 34:8 ESV / 19 helpful votes

And Moses quickly bowed his head toward the earth and worshiped.

Psalm 119:108 ESV / 18 helpful votes

Accept my freewill offerings of praise, O Lord, and teach me your rules.

Exodus 15:2 ESV / 18 helpful votes

The Lord is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.

Psalm 24:3-6 ESV / 16 helpful votes

Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false and does not swear deceitfully. He will receive blessing from the Lord and righteousness from the God of his salvation. Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek the face of the God of Jacob. Selah

1 Chronicles 16:29 ESV / 16 helpful votes

Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; bring an offering and come before him! Worship the Lord in the splendor of holiness;

Romans 12:1-2 ESV / 14 helpful votes

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

James 5:13 ESV / 13 helpful votes

Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise.

Psalm 96:8 ESV / 13 helpful votes

Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; bring an offering, and come into his courts!

Psalm 84:1-3 ESV / 13 helpful votes

To the choirmaster: according to The Gittith. A Psalm of the Sons of Korah. How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord of hosts! My soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of the Lord; my heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God. Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, at your altars, O Lord of hosts, my King and my God.

Revelation 15:4 ESV / 12 helpful votes

Who will not fear, O Lord, and glorify your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship you, for your righteous acts have been revealed.”

Revelation 4:11 ESV / 11 helpful votes

“Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.”

1 Corinthians 14:15-17 ESV / 11 helpful votes

What am I to do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with my mind also. Otherwise, if you give thanks with your spirit, how can anyone in the position of an outsider say “Amen” to your thanksgiving when he does not know what you are saying? For you may be giving thanks well enough, but the other person is not being built up.

Psalm 84:4 ESV / 11 helpful votes

Blessed are those who dwell in your house, ever singing your praise! Selah

Psalm 71:8 ESV / 11 helpful votes

My mouth is filled with your praise, and with your glory all the day.

Hosea 6:6 ESV / 10 helpful votes

For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice, the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.

Psalm 138:2 ESV / 10 helpful votes

I bow down toward your holy temple and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word.

Psalm 107:32 ESV / 10 helpful votes

Let them extol him in the congregation of the people, and praise him in the assembly of the elders.

Ecclesiastes 5:1 ESV / 9 helpful votes

Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. To draw near to listen is better than to offer the sacrifice of fools, for they do not know that they are doing evil.

Psalm 118:19 ESV / 9 helpful votes

Open to me the gates of righteousness, that I may enter through them and give thanks to the Lord.

Psalm 92:13 ESV / 9 helpful votes

They are planted in the house of the Lord; they flourish in the courts of our God.

Psalm 84:1-4 ESV / 9 helpful votes

To the choirmaster: according to The Gittith. A Psalm of the Sons of Korah. How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord of hosts! My soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of the Lord; my heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God. Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, at your altars, O Lord of hosts, my King and my God. Blessed are those who dwell in your house, ever singing your praise! Selah

Psalm 63:1 ESV / 9 helpful votes

A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah. O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

Psalm 36:8 ESV / 9 helpful votes

They feast on the abundance of your house, and you give them drink from the river of your delights.

Leviticus 10:3 ESV / 9 helpful votes

Then Moses said to Aaron, “This is what the Lord has said, ‘Among those who are near me I will be sanctified, and before all the people I will be glorified.’” And Aaron held his peace.

Exodus 20:3 ESV / 9 helpful votes

“You shall have no other gods before me.

Revelation 22:9 ESV / 8 helpful votes

But he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God.”

Revelation 22:8 ESV / 8 helpful votes

I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed them to me,

Revelation 7:11 ESV / 8 helpful votes

And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God,

1 Timothy 4:13 ESV / 8 helpful votes

Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation, to teaching.

Acts 17:24 ESV / 8 helpful votes

The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man,

Acts 16:25 ESV / 8 helpful votes

About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them,

Acts 5:42 ESV / 8 helpful votes

And every day, in the temple and from house to house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.

Matthew 4:10 ESV / 8 helpful votes

Then Jesus said to him, “Be gone, Satan! For it is written, “‘You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.’”

Isaiah 6:1-8 ESV / 8 helpful votes

In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!” And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!”

Psalm 26:6-8 ESV / 8 helpful votes

I wash my hands in innocence and go around your altar, O Lord, proclaiming thanksgiving aloud, and telling all your wondrous deeds. O Lord, I love the habitation of your house and the place where your glory dwells.

Psalm 22:22 ESV / 8 helpful votes

I will tell of your name to my brothers; in the midst of the congregation I will praise you:

2 Chronicles 5:14 ESV / 8 helpful votes

So that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud, for the glory of the Lord filled the house of God.

Joshua 5:15 ESV / 8 helpful votes

And the commander of the Lord's army said to Joshua, “Take off your sandals from your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy.” And Joshua did so.

Numbers 28:1-2 ESV / 8 helpful votes

The Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Command the people of Israel and say to them, ‘My offering, my food for my food offerings, my pleasing aroma, you shall be careful to offer to me at its appointed time.’

Leviticus 19:30 ESV / 8 helpful votes

You shall keep my Sabbaths and reverence my sanctuary: I am the Lord.

Colossians 2:18 ESV / 7 helpful votes

Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind,

2 Corinthians 3:18 ESV / 7 helpful votes

And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.

Acts 16:34 ESV / 7 helpful votes

Then he brought them up into his house and set food before them. And he rejoiced along with his entire household that he had believed in God.

Zechariah 8:22 ESV / 7 helpful votes

Many peoples and strong nations shall come to seek the Lord of hosts in Jerusalem and to entreat the favor of the Lord.

Zechariah 8:21 ESV / 7 helpful votes

The inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, ‘Let us go at once to entreat the favor of the Lord and to seek the Lord of hosts; I myself am going.’

Haggai 1:8 ESV / 7 helpful votes

Go up to the hills and bring wood and build the house, that I may take pleasure in it and that I may be glorified, says the Lord.

Habakkuk 2:20 ESV / 7 helpful votes

But the Lord is in his holy temple; let all the earth keep silence before him.”

Jeremiah 31:11 ESV / 7 helpful votes

For the Lord has ransomed Jacob and has redeemed him from hands too strong for him.

Jeremiah 26:2 ESV / 7 helpful votes

“Thus says the Lord: Stand in the court of the Lord's house, and speak to all the cities of Judah that come to worship in the house of the Lord all the words that I command you to speak to them; do not hold back a word.

Isaiah 43:1-28 ESV / 7 helpful votes

But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in exchange for you. Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you, I give men in return for you, peoples in exchange for your life. Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and from the west I will gather you.

Psalm 98:2 ESV / 7 helpful votes

The Lord has made known his salvation; he has revealed his righteousness in the sight of the nations.

FOR MORE

http://www.openbible.info/topics/worship
Re: Should Worship Sessions Be Rehearsed? by hayoakins(m): 11:04am On Aug 25, 2014
Sanchez01:
And I believe I responded to that as well. They can be rehearsed.

I was surely a chorister before i fall in love with the Media and drama Ministries and had to bounce.

I seriously got issues with a pre-arranged/rehearsed worship sessions. However, if it must be rehearsed, the worship leader should not be restricted to only songs rehearsed. You never can tell the next song, the spirit would request/require to ensure a member of the congregation connects to the heavenlies and be blessed.

Restricting a worship leader to only rehearsed songs got it cons and pros. I support Specialization, Natural worshippers should always lead worship session as anyone can lead a praise session but not everyone can truly worship in SPIRIT and in TRUTH

The requirements to be a true worshipper are enormous and only a few can pay the price.
Re: Should Worship Sessions Be Rehearsed? by Elijah78: 11:31am On Aug 25, 2014
&&Hayoakins, thanks so much for the enormous job have done to respond to me.
I really appreciate it.
Re: Should Worship Sessions Be Rehearsed? by hayoakins(m): 11:57am On Aug 25, 2014
Elijah78: &&Hayoakins, thanks so much for the enormous job have done to respond to me.
I really appreciate it.

It's my pleasure brov cheesy
Re: Should Worship Sessions Be Rehearsed? by Sanchez01: 7:32am On Aug 26, 2014
hayoakins:

I was surely a chorister before i fall in love with the Media and drama Ministries and had to bounce.

I seriously got issues with a pre-arranged/rehearsed worship sessions. However, if it must be rehearsed, the worship leader should not be restricted to only songs rehearsed. You never can tell the next song, the spirit would request/require to ensure a member of the congregation connects to the heavenlies and be blessed.

Restricting a worship leader to only rehearsed songs got it cons and pros. I support Specialization, Natural worshippers should always lead worship session as anyone can lead a praise session but not everyone can truly worship in SPIRIT and in TRUTH

The requirements to be a true worshipper are enormous and only a few can pay the price.
You see, when we rehearse worship songs as choristers, it is not that we would sing them in an arranged sequence or pattern, just like the rehearsal. Rehearsing worship songs allow for a special kind of synergy between the lead and the back up singers. The sole purpose of rehearsing worship songs is largely because the songs to rehearse are somewhat new or not really pronounced in the church. When they are rehearsed before an event or a church service, a concert or a praise night, it gives the lead and his/her back up confidence just in case the spirit leads them into doing the rehearsed songs. In all my years of being a musician, I have never seen a church or a choir rehearsing worship songs and doing the worship songs exactly the way it was done at the rehearsal. Worship is naturally dynamic; there is no such thing as a natural worshipper. I understand what you mean there, but there is no such thing. Unlike worship, praise is not dynamic, it takes tons of charisma, creativity and huge confidence to get it right.

#Shalom!
Re: Should Worship Sessions Be Rehearsed? by hayoakins(m): 8:51am On Aug 26, 2014
Sanchez01:
You see, when we rehearse worship songs as choristers, it is not that we would sing them in an arranged sequence or pattern, just like the rehearsal. Rehearsing worship songs allow for a special kind of synergy between the lead and the back up singers. The sole purpose of rehearsing worship songs is largely because the songs to rehearse are somewhat new or not really pronounced in the church. When they are rehearsed before an event or a church service, a concert or a praise night, it gives the lead and his/her back up confidence just in case the spirit leads them into doing the rehearsed songs. In all my years of being a musician, I have never seen a church or a choir rehearsing worship songs and doing the worship songs exactly the way it was done at the rehearsal. Worship is naturally dynamic; there is no such thing as a natural worshipper. I understand what you mean there, but there is no such thing. Unlike worship, praise is not dynamic, it takes tons of charisma, creativity and huge confidence to get it right.

#Shalom!

Noted. Thanks grin

1 Like

Re: Should Worship Sessions Be Rehearsed? by Sanchez01: 8:54am On Aug 26, 2014
hayoakins:

Noted. Thanks grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Scientist Proves That Black Holes Do Not Exist And The Big Bang Theory Is Wrong / What Can You Make Of This Scripture? / I Think I Have A Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.