Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

A New Era Beckons As Jonathan Launches Electronic ID Card - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A New Era Beckons As Jonathan Launches Electronic ID Card (2473 Views)

Massive Traffic As Jonathan Visit Lagos (Photo) / Police Battle Hoodlums As Jonathan Campaigns In Bauchi / Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally in Sokoto, As Jonathan Visits Sultan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A New Era Beckons As Jonathan Launches Electronic ID Card by bigtt76(f): 10:11am On Aug 24, 2014
dhardline:
you wont have to do a biometric registration in more than one bank.just get to any preferred bank,register,get your BVN and once you are asked in any other bank just provide the same BVN.Thats how it works,same number for all banks.Thank me laterwink

More like it. Thanks for the clarification but then this would have been best served using the NIN and would encourage more Nigerians getting registered than this localized one. Anyway people must chop. Soon every state go begin register residents.
Re: A New Era Beckons As Jonathan Launches Electronic ID Card by jmaine: 10:16am On Aug 24, 2014
kel4soft:

We are only talking this because we have been poor in record keeping. If we have our birth and death rates have been entered which is the responsibility of the CENSUS board then all these talk about another round of CENSUS exercise which to me is total waste of funds. Continues bio metric is the way forward all merge into one. Not National Identity is registering, Census on the other hand, and so on.

Oga abeg shut up. Thank you

1 Like

Re: A New Era Beckons As Jonathan Launches Electronic ID Card by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 24, 2014
taharqa: My gad!! ... NL get hyperactive OLODOs flenti flenti sha!!!
if you can't argue with substance I will be honored to be ignored by you.I'm not in your "follow-follow" league
Re: A New Era Beckons As Jonathan Launches Electronic ID Card by hushmail: 10:36am On Aug 24, 2014
good move by gej

soon 9ja will get to d promised land
Re: A New Era Beckons As Jonathan Launches Electronic ID Card by Chubhie: 11:48am On Aug 24, 2014
“And for MasterCard to accept to collaborate with us speaks volumes. It means that we have the
right ideas and vision.”
Why making it look as if Master card is doing us a favour? Only if this project will be followed with precision to tis logical conclusion and not become another abandoned project. What is the time frame of this project? Roles should be clearly defined and time frames attached to it.
Re: A New Era Beckons As Jonathan Launches Electronic ID Card by Emperor007: 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2014
Billyonaire: Biometric Database of a country is contracted to an American firm ? The Federal Government MUST learn to use our Nigerian developed softwares for security purpose. You cant just handover all our data to NSA powered institutions.

I will NOT register.

^^^

The most important question that others didn't ask, at least someone is thinking.

Re: A New Era Beckons As Jonathan Launches Electronic ID Card by Emperor007: 12:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
Billyonaire: Biometric Database of a country is contracted to an American firm ? The Federal Government MUST learn to use our Nigerian developed softwares for security purpose. You cant just handover all our data to NSA powered institutions.

I will NOT register.

^^^

The most important question that others didn't ask, at least someone is thinking.

Re: A New Era Beckons As Jonathan Launches Electronic ID Card by Emperor007: 12:20pm On Aug 24, 2014

I will NOT register.

^^^

Noted & good point.

Re: A New Era Beckons As Jonathan Launches Electronic ID Card by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 24, 2014
The way some people hate development in this country na wa, honestly i wonder how they sleep at night. How can someone just be allergic to good news They want to find fault in everything as long as nor be APC do am.

I would keep praying for some of you o cos d amount of hatred in you is really deadly...hian

Dem do ID card, someone posted the news here and some professors of doom decide say na that person turn Google or Information minister..

Anybody that does not want Nigeria to develop even if its via baby step, may that person never see development in their life angry

3 Likes

Re: A New Era Beckons As Jonathan Launches Electronic ID Card by Urine: 2:03pm On Aug 24, 2014

I will NOT register.

This is the only man that has talked like a person with a working brain. Thank you Sir!
Re: A New Era Beckons As Jonathan Launches Electronic ID Card by PhockPhockMan: 3:46pm On Aug 24, 2014

I will NOT register.
I believe that the reason you gave for not registering is not reasonable in any way. May I ask you, which part of your personal information do you think is of any importance to NSA if you're not a trans border criminal or a Terrorist? Both MTN, Airtel and Etisalat are all foreign companies in possession of personal information of millions of Nigerians including you, if NSA want any of the information from any of them, including Glo, an indigenous company, is a matter of pinch of a button.
Re: A New Era Beckons As Jonathan Launches Electronic ID Card by heir01(m): 8:34pm On Aug 24, 2014
This is a leap forward. Just pray the effort is sustained and the project brought to fruition. Kudos to the NIMC boss
Re: A New Era Beckons As Jonathan Launches Electronic ID Card by arresa: 9:02pm On Aug 24, 2014
whatlyf: This is Just another ponzi scheme by the Jonathan administration. Why use commercial organization to issue the card? Why use Banks and Mastercard? This government is a fraudulent one. Nigerians openn your eyes.

By the way, of what benefit is the new scheme to our immediate challenges as a Nation? We are complaining of lack of jobs yet the fraudulent government outsourced our ID Scheme to a foreign organization-Mastercard. This will only enrich the Americans. Beside, who controls the database? How can our Database be with Americans? Why mastercard? Why not use a local ICT firm with the NIMC as an Agency supervising its work? We all know that they can't supervise the Americans. This government of fraud and deceit is killing us. We must stop them

Not only that, just imagine Nigerian banks having access to vital national info like american social security numbers. Serious abomination..

I just don't get these incompetent and unintelligent people running this country...
Re: A New Era Beckons As Jonathan Launches Electronic ID Card by arresa: 9:30pm On Aug 24, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Professional critic, were you expecting to find all or detailed information about the National ID project on this single ThisDay news report? If you want additional information, why not use google or ask in a polite manner instead of celebrating your ignorance on this thread?

You'r just another case of I must criticize by fire and by force.

He asked valid questions so stop venting.

Yes I googled and non of the questions he asked is on their website.

Lagos state started the same bio metrics program in Lagos state with LASSRA over a year ago and they not only give you all the vital info you need, they let you know upfront that they are collecting the data and not some US banks, they let you know why they are collecting the info, the benefits and what you are getting in return.

Benefits of Registration

Allows Government to determine the overall resources required to formulate and implement policies, projects and programs, when the number of people to cater for is known.

Allows for proper allocation of resources to the appropriate sectors of the economy that meet the needs of the residents of the State.

Assist in market allocation within the State.

Identifies the number and placement of hospitals, schools, libraries and books needed in the State.

Identifies the number of teachers, doctors and nurses required to meet the needs of the populace.

Enables the State Government to classify neighborhoods within the State and determine the population thresholds for certain facilities and utilities provided by the State.

Help analyze and identify areas for urban regeneration and actions to be taken.

Enhances the ability of the Government to plan for sport and recreational centers across the State and properly place adequate staff numbers in facilities such as coaches and trainers.

Aids the service delivery strategy of Lagos State.

Ensures that the Agricultural Strategies of Lagos State Government meet the needs and demands of the residents of the State.

Ensures adequate provision of public goods for the rural and urban population in terms of logistics, transportation and market institutions.

Assist the State to eradicate poverty.

Facilitates better traffic management, when the numbers of potential commuters are known.
Helps determine the most appropriate transportation system suitable for different parts of the State - such as rail, buses, cars, ferries.
Ensures the most appropriate location of motor parks, bus-stops, jetties and terminus across the State.

Improves the health facility provision of the state by determining the appropriate number of health facilities required, their localities, appropriate staff levels, equipment and furniture.

Enables the Ministry of Health to assess the different health needs of different parts of the State.

Assist in determining the most appropriate and effective refuse collection system for the residents of the state and the amount of waste equipment and refuse collectors required for any specified locality within the State.

Population data will assist the State to effectively plan and implement disaster management strategies.
Allows for the determination of type and grading of roads, so that the design of the road transportation system is durable and appropriate to the usage.

Lagos State Residents Registration Initiative

Society has become more mobile and the information held electronically about persons and services by government agencies and other bodies have substantially increased. There is a growing need to integrate the residents of Lagos State into e-government initiatives to enable the services provided by government to be fully utilised and also provide an accurate picture for government policy and planning.

The Lagos State Residents Registration Agency Bill was passed and signed into law on the 27th of June 2011.

The law established LASRRA with the following functions:

To create a reliable database of all residents in Lagos State.
To establish the relevant infrastructure for the creation of a residents information database.
To produce guidelines for data to be contained in the registration form.
To advice the government on mode of collecting data from the public.
The data collected and collated by the Agency with the residency card issued would provide for a reliable method of authenticating and identifying residents. It will likewise avail the e-services facilities provided by the State.

The Lagos State Residents Registration initiative has the potential to address key challenges facing e-government and other initiatives. Various e-government initiatives have been enabled to collect electronic data and each operates autonomous of each other. To provide a more accurate picture for government policies and planning, a link must be established between these various stores of data.

lagosresidents.gov

lagosresidents.gov
www.nimc.gov.ng

Just look at both websites and the level of detail and info available, even the professional look and ease of use...
Re: A New Era Beckons As Jonathan Launches Electronic ID Card by thwarrior72: 9:49am On Aug 25, 2014
So how & where do I register?
Re: A New Era Beckons As Jonathan Launches Electronic ID Card by Ayostically: 10:46am On Aug 29, 2014
Yomieluv: Good initiative,but why can't we have universal bio metric bank,where information about a person can easily be obtained..

With that,crime can be curbed,and many identity issue thrashed out.

Its a welcome development.

Its nt jst an lD, in d run, dats exactly wat dis scheme is aimed at;
Bt mind u, it all jst goes 2 fulfillin biblical prophecies...endtime tinz
Re: A New Era Beckons As Jonathan Launches Electronic ID Card by uzoexcel(m): 12:59pm On Aug 29, 2014
hope they see this scheme to the end and it doesnt fall apart half way

still surprise that the doomsday sayers havnt gottn to this thread

(1) (2) (Reply)

Genocide In Sudan (your Black Brethren Are Being Hunted And Slaughtered!!!) / PHOTOS: Meet Buhar's Running Mates From 2003-2015 / 2015 PRESIDENTIAL Election:buhari Wins Big In Lagos, Ogun, Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.