Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition — General Minimah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition — General Minimah (1017 Views)

Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed / Buhari’s Certificate: Defence Minister Flays Minimah Over Scandal / Explosive Letter: Under Your Watch, General Minimah Became Richest Coas; (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition — General Minimah by fun4: 11:40am On Aug 24, 2014
CHIEF of the Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Kenneth Minimah, says the army would soon end the Boko Haram insurgency in the northern part of the country.
Speaking at the 2 Brigade barracks, Port Harcourt, Minimah said the Federal Government had placed orders for military hardware, adding that when they arrive, soldiers would launch offensive against
Boko Haram to bring its activities to an end.

“The Federal Government has placed orders for equipment. As soon as they come in, we will launch
a major offensive that will bring the madness,
insurgency to an end, he said.
According to him, the army was making significant
impact in the war against crude oil theft. “Our effort is ongoing, the bunkerers themselves
are human, they are not ghosts. So while we are
doing our best, they are devising news ways. But
you will agree with me that the effort to checking
this menace is more than ever. We can’t say we will
stamp it out in one day, but then the greater part of pursuing the bunkerers is ongoing and that with
time we will begin to see greater result.”, he said. When asked to speak on military presence was
relevant during elections inspite of criticisms from
some quarters, the COAS said, “I can’t answer that
question because that is not why I have come
here”.
Meantime, Governor Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers State has called for less visibility of the army during
elections.
The governor spoke when Minimah led top army
officers on a courtesy visit to him at Government
House, Port Harcourt.
He further called on the army to assist the state in the fight against kidnapping. “The military needs to play lesser role in politics. I
have said that severally. I am sure you will ensure
that the relationship between the military, civilians
and politicians is cordial, such that the 2015
elections would not be controversial,” Amaechi
said. “I want the 2nd Amphibious Brigade of the
Nigerian Army, Bori Camp to work with us, because
we need to stamp out kidnapping in Rivers State.
There are competing economies in the country and
the largest of all is Lagos while the second is Rivers
State and if kidnapping continues, our economy will crash, unemployment will rise and we may not
be able to compete with the comity of states.”
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/army-placed-orders-anti-boko-haram-ammunition-minimah/
Re: Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition — General Minimah by calobinna(m): 11:55am On Aug 24, 2014
hmmmm...I've been hearing these

Re: Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition — General Minimah by santuse: 11:56am On Aug 24, 2014
How long will it take for the hardwares to arrive, when boko boys are busy taking over towns and villages
Re: Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition — General Minimah by SirElaw(m): 11:57am On Aug 24, 2014
We are too reactive in this country...if the problem doesn't stare us squarely in the face we won't act on it.
Why are we just placing orders for new equipment? Did we just make some huge revenue from oil that now affords us the liberty to spend on ammunition? Or has Boko haram just recently crossed the threshold for number of kills before they are dealt with? angry

1 Like

Re: Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition — General Minimah by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 24, 2014
Anti Boko Haram Ammunition?

So vague!!!

LMAO !!!!!! NIGERIANS ARE GULLIBLE UNEDUCATED MORONS !!!

5 Likes

Re: Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition — General Minimah by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 24, 2014
More money for the generals!!!
Re: Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition — General Minimah by Chubhie: 12:11pm On Aug 24, 2014
I just know some interests don't want Boko to end anytime soon cos tis good business. Who are those profiting from all these? Find them! This is blood money.

1 Like

Re: Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition — General Minimah by deji68: 12:21pm On Aug 24, 2014
So Anti-Bokoharam ammunition dey market, like anti babypills....the caption is funny grin grin grin...It is good for beer parlour gist.. grin
Re: Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition — General Minimah by fun4: 12:23pm On Aug 24, 2014
Chubhie: I just know some interests don't want Boko to end anytime soon cos tis good business. Who are those profiting from all these? Find them! This is blood money.
hmm just like the american wars in iraq and afghanistan
Re: Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition — General Minimah by omenka(m): 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2014
0lumide: Anti Boko Haram Ammunition?

So vague!!!

LMAO !!!!!! NIGERIANS ARE GULLIBLE UNEDUCATED MORONS !!!
My brother help me ask oo!! I felt so irritated when I saw the tittle!!

Smh. As though there are some ammo specially produced to kill Boko Haram fighters!

Really uneducated indeed!!

2 Likes

Re: Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition — General Minimah by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 24, 2014
the tithe is so funny
Re: Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition — General Minimah by Ibnsultan01: 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2014
COAS keep quiet and do Your job. You talk too much like a cheerleader

2 Likes

Re: Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition — General Minimah by Phame: 12:36pm On Aug 24, 2014
After 5 years of insurgency and many lives lost, it is now that our military and FG realised the need to buy military hardware to fight boko haram?
May God push gej and his cohorts out of power...ameen!
Re: Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition — General Minimah by jmoore(m): 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
"Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition "

What a caption by Vanguard Newspaper!! Journalists indeed!! smh
Re: Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition — General Minimah by kokoA(m): 12:41pm On Aug 24, 2014
Almost one year to acquire ammunitions, then they will now use another one year to train our soldiers on how to use them abi? Then use one year to strategize shey?
Re: Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition — General Minimah by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 24, 2014
santuse: How long will it take for the hardwares to arrive, when boko boys are busy taking over towns and villages
let's allow the military time to act. I'm in support of them in dis terrorism fight. I wish them well
Re: Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition — General Minimah by fitzmayowa: 12:48pm On Aug 24, 2014
While they are busy looting placing orders for ammunitions, we are losing our gallant soldiers endlessly...SMH
Re: Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition — General Minimah by overhypedsteve(m): 12:59pm On Aug 24, 2014
Sometimes i look at my country and cry. So whilst other country are foreseeing threats and making procurements, we sat with boro haram until they started claiming territory. This is our foolishness, this is the foolishness of one third of Africa (nigeria's population ) this is the foolishness that keeps this giant dwarfed. Ask Uganda if they are fighting a war that they have 6 su30 frogfoots, and yet we still hear of the executive air fleets being stocked with expensive jets all the time. The airforce still have more assets for vip transport than for operations. We live in a very very .... Country
Re: Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition — General Minimah by overhypedsteve(m): 1:01pm On Aug 24, 2014
jmoore: "Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition "

What a caption by Vanguard Newspaper!! Journalists indeed!! smh
there is a meaning hiding underneath that caption. I almost criticised it too but i later got the meaning.
Re: Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition — General Minimah by psucc(m): 1:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
The ammunition is customized to only deal with Book Haram. I pray another group will not spring up.
Re: Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition — General Minimah by idupaul: 1:24pm On Aug 24, 2014
Stories !!! The battle for the North East has been lost .. Besides why is the Army chief alway giving boko haram forknowledge of his battle plans .. Is that not some form of treason?
Re: Army Has Placed Orders For Anti-boko Haram Ammunition — General Minimah by iconize(m): 2:49pm On Aug 24, 2014
These generals are mighty dullards.

They're just placing orders after about 5 years of boko haram insurgency?

(1) (Reply)

Delta 2015: Tension Over Alleged Plot To Scheme Out Topnotch Guber Aspirants / B/haram: Presidency Challenges Ex-military Men To Go To Battlefield / 54 Pictures & 54 Nigerians Wishing You A Happy 54th Independence Day Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.