Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,946 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

In Memory Only (Romance) - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / In Memory Only (Romance) (140794 Views)

Two Realms... {Romance-thriller} / Letters Fall Apart-in Memory Of Chinua Achebe / Shape Of Our Friendship By Vic Toria A. I wrote this in memory of my dog. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by TrishaP(f): 5:25pm On May 31, 2015
Miss safarigirl!!!!
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Queening(f): 8:20pm On May 31, 2015
safarigirl:
i know you are online...we need to talk...hope all is well
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by dominique(f): 10:53pm On May 31, 2015
I've never been so captivated by a story on nairaland as I am right now. I never knew Safarigirl wrote this good. Pls try to complete the story soon. true it's not easy juggling writing with school and everyday life but a lot of readers are counting on you. Don't keep us hanging mbok.
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by tijehi(f): 11:18pm On May 31, 2015
Hope u are okay.
We see u online sometimes. It won't be bad to just let us know that u are okay.
Take care.
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by safarigirl(f): 9:36pm On Jun 07, 2015
Sorry for the long wait guys, I apologise

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Queening(f): 10:54pm On Jun 07, 2015
Thanks for the update safarigirl
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by gal10(f): 11:29pm On Jun 07, 2015
Interesting again!!!! Thanks safarigal

1 Like

Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by tijehi(f): 12:34am On Jun 08, 2015
I'm even afraid of commenting. Cus I m just paranoid dat wen we comment, it means she will post d next update in September.

Anyway, Well done. Still my best writer.

3 Likes

Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Adikij(f): 3:45pm On Jun 08, 2015
Thanks safari for the update expecting the next update soon
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by write2obi(m): 8:03pm On Jun 08, 2015
Welcome back safarigirl, we've missed you.
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Mj45: 10:38pm On Jun 15, 2015
MY LOST BUT FOUND BEAUTIFUL WRITER. THANKS 4 THIS LONG AWAITED UPDATE.
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by loveyP(f): 3:05pm On Jun 17, 2015
Gr8 story, weldone safarigal
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Mj45: 8:25am On Jul 05, 2015
U have started these ur sabatical leave again oh. How's life? Happy sunday, Safarigirl.
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
#Safarigirl u re a great writer but m always scared of reading ur new updates cuz afta reading it we will wait for months b4 u cm back here. I know u av a life outsyd nairaland but plz try nd update this story smiley. Read all ur stories nd loved them all.

3 Likes

Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by oghenekome51(f): 12:26am On Jul 19, 2015
thanks for the update safarigirl but y do u always appear and disappear?
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 28, 2015
thanks
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by labaski(f): 6:54pm On Aug 09, 2015
too many unfinished stores on my followed topics.. I'm unfollowing right away. u can mention me when u continue.. thanks..
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by kazytoti: 3:44am On Aug 10, 2015
I am going to unfollow these story
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Mj45: 10:17pm On Sep 10, 2015
It's september.
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by safarigirl(f): 10:17am On Sep 11, 2015
Mj45:
It's september.
my phone is spoilt and all my stories went with it, I can't post anything cuz I don't have a smart phone for now. Pending when I get one, every story I have is on hold
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Twaci(f): 3:05pm On Sep 14, 2015
Over here LeeStephen
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Twaci(f): 3:06pm On Sep 14, 2015
safarigirl:
my phone is spoilt and all my stories went with it, I can't post anything cuz I don't have a smart phone for now. Pending when I get one, every story I have is on hold
Just take it easy on yourself dearie. Regardless of all setbacks, you are a great writer. I will wait patiently smiley.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by safarigirl(f): 8:57pm On Oct 29, 2015
Jaiya sat in the large restaurant and waited anxiously for Alex and Lanre. Her desperation to have her chance to speak to Lanre alone had pushed her to seek Alex’ help, he was supposed to lure him over here and then leave them to their antics.

It ad taken her two days and three sleepless nights to finally muster the courage to call Lanre, this was after she had thought long and hard of their confrontation and concluded that she was wrong and had to apologise to him.

She was staring to re-consider her stance as to their relationship as well. What really was there to lose by telling his family that they were dating? There may be a few disgruntled people, if any. But so what? Wasn’t that what built strong relationships? Disagreements and adversities. Besides, part of her thoughts had dwelled on the reaction of each member of the family when the news was broken to them and she had yet to imagine a scenario where they would be met with stiff opposition, the closest she had gotten to that was just mild frowns initially, but nothing to make her think they wouldn’t eventually be genuinely happy for them.

There was nothing wrong with their relationship really, yes, they had grown up together as siblings and it was bound to be awkward initially, but weren’t they in better positions to know about each other and have a thriving relationship? By all counts, they ought to work better than two random strangers…..she was bothering herself too much on what would happen where their relationship failed, without considering a possible success. What if they were successful? What if this whole thing eventually lead to marriage? Wouldn’t it make for a great story in future? Why dwell on the negative side when there was a ton of positives to be considered?

So that’s what she did, she thought long and hard on the positive sides if dating Lanre and finally found herself right here. If nothing else, she had to apologise to Lanre, it was only fair. And what better way to do that than in person, since he had made up his mind to neither receive nor reply her calls and texts?

She sipped on the glass of chapman she had ordered a while ago, she needed something to drink and couldn’t wait for their arrival. Alex ad assured her he would get Lanre to the restaurant even if he had to ‘tow him’ down to this place, in his words. And she believed him, Alex never failed her, he certainly wouldn’t begin that now.

The sound of the door opening, pulled Jaiya’s attention. She almost jumped out of her seat in excitement when she saw Alex ushering Lanre in, Lanre, on the other hand, was yet to take notice of her presence as his back was turned to her. She waved at Alex as his eyes scanned the place for her, once he set his sights on her, he gave her a wink and indicated for her to wait a while. She nodded in acceptance and bid her time as Alex steered his friend to the opposite side of the restaurant, making sure he didn’t get the chance to see Jaiya.

Jaiya had to wait another ten minutes before she received a text message from Alex, just when she was getting prepared to go over to them. It read:

You can come over now.
PS: Act like you didn’t know we’d be here

She went over to the service counter and paid for her drink before making her way to the other side of the restaurant. She felt the signs of nervousness overwhelm her as she imagined all the ways he would react to her presence. Her palms were clammy and she could swear the palpitations of her heart increased as the air-conditioned room suddenly felt stuffy. Even if he did react aggressively, she would take it. After all, she had dealt him a harsher blow the week before, it would only be appropriate if he paid her back in kind even though that would hurt her.

She neared their table and heard him laugh at some joke Alex must have cracked, even the sound of his laughter brought a smile to her lips. She had always liked his laugh even when they were younger.

Sometimes, she would stare at him longingly while he exposed his pearly whites in a hearty laughter, he had a contagious laughter and was one of those people who had no time to check himself when he found something hilarious. She liked that free-spirit he showed whenever he laughed.

She shook the thought out of her head as she got into character, she was supposed to act like she had only run into them unintentionally, and she would do just that to the best of her abilities. She plastered a smile on her face and closed the gap between herself and the table, “Well, hello there guys. Fancy meeting you guys here.” She began cheerily.

Lanre’s laughter literally died off his lips once he heard her voice, she didn’t look straight at him, but she could tell he wasn’t particularly pleased to see her. Well, too bad she wasn’t leaving till he gave her the audience she sought.

“Jaiya, what brings you here?” Alex asked, returning her cheery tone and totally ignoring his sour friend. Jaiya silently thanked God she was friends with Alex, what would she do without his support and co-operation?

“I just came by to get something to eat, I was buying some items for the gallery. What about you guys? What brings you here?”

She felt Lanre’s eyes boring into her as she did her best to keep her eyes on Alex, she feared she would turn into a bumbling idiot if she met his smoldering gaze, “Oh, just great food. What else? Come, have a seat.” Alex offered, he moved further into the boxed area, making space for her so that she sat across from Lanre.

“Alex.” She heard Lanre growl, that was the first word that had left his lips since she got here and it was far from encouraging that it was in no way friendly. She almost cringed at the animalistic sound.

“What is it man?” Alex asked, he was quite good at acting aloof.

Lanre stared at him long and hard like they were having some form of telepathic communication, when it dawned on him that Alex had blocked his mind to any of such possibilities, he let out a frustrated sigh and looked away, “Lanre, you haven’t been very receptive to Jaiya, you should correct that, doesn’t speak well of you at all.” Alex spoke, he had a small smile on his face and one who couldn’t see Lanre would never think Alex was being sent a death-glare in that moment, “Dude, relax and make nice with her. You’re acting like she poisoned you.”

“I just didn’t expect her here. Can we go?”

Alex frowned, “See, now you’re just being rude. Stop talking about Jaiya like she isn’t here”

Lanre rolled his eyes at his best friend as Jaiya adjusted in her seat feeling somewhat out of place. She did not think he would be this cold toward her. She had expected some emotions from him. Anger, resentment, frustration, but this coldness, she couldn’t deal with it. It just worsened her anxious state.

The sound of Naeto C’s ‘Tony Montana’ sliced through the tense air within three of them, and 2 pairs of eyes went to Alex who smiled, “Sorry, phone call.” He pressed a button and placed the phone to his ear. Her proximity to Alex on the seat made her aware of the fact that he wasn’t really having a phone call. She couldn’t hear a sound from the other end. It was obviously a ploy.

If Jaiya could smile, she would right then, but smiling would certainly give her away and she wouldn’t be the one to ruin Alex’s well thought-out plan or his hard work.

He ended his ‘call’ and grew a sullen expression, “Sorry guys, I’ll have to bail on you. Booty calls.” He announced.

Lane stared at his best friend incredulously, “What? We just got here”

“And I’m about to leave.” Alex replied as he got on his feet and passed the space Jaiya created for him

Lanre grabbed the keys, “I’m coming with you.”

“What? No, stay with Jaiya.” Alex replied.

It only took one glance for him to decide that he was in no mood to have any form of conversation with her, he stood up as well, “I’m coming with you.” He insisted, ignoring her pleading eyes.

A firm hand upon his shoulder stopped his movement and he stared straight at Alex who had the most serious look on his face since he entered this restaurant, “No, stay. You need to sort out this drama.” Alex said with the intention of speaking solely to his hearing ,but Jaiya, who had been numb in fear the entire time Lanre threatened to leave, had heard Alex just slightly.

Both men had a stare down for a few minutes. Minutes which felt like hours to Jaiya as she waited with bated breath for a positive outcome, she wanted to pitch in a word in her defense or at least to convince him to give her some of his time, but she feared her contribution would do more harm than good in this situation. Keeping shut was obviously, the smarter choice.

It was a sigh of relief that greeted the sight of Lanre lowering himself back into the seat and looking back at Jaiya before Alex mouthed a ‘good luck’ at her and walked away.

Jaiya closed her eyes briefly, she would need all of that luck and more. Lanre was a hard nut to crack when he felt slighted, he could be very stoic, strong-headed and almost impossible. She had seen him break off with supposed closed friends who crossed him. He would easily pass for unforgiving, so she was understandably, nervous.

When she opened her eyes, it was to find his hard gaze upon her, she squirmed slightly under his watch, the words she had formulated fizzling out at being confronted by such a fearsome look. Sometimes, he had the personae of one with a military background, she never doubted it was part of the qualities that helped build his profile to that of the powerful businessman he was reputed to be. But this Lanre was almost alien to her, she knew of the jovial Lanre, the fun guy, not this hard one….then again, hadn’t she been confronted by the ‘business’ Lanre some months ago and survived? Wasn’t the confrontation what led to their current predicament? She knew she would have to tackle this one differently though, hopefully, it wouldn’t lead to any form of verbal abuse or physical violence.

Her resolve strengthened, she summoned the courage to speak the first words, “How are you feeling?” she began.

He scoffed at her question and replied snidely, “How do you think?”

She moistened her lips, her brain trying to find some other question that wouldn’t be shot down so rudely.

“So, was this your idea or Alex’? lure me here so you can ‘accidentally’ bump into us and state your case?”

She knew he’d figure it out fast, he had always been smart anyway, he wasn’t quick to buy any BS being sold to him, “Lanre….”

“It’s weak. Just so you know”

“But you’re here, right?” she asked softly.

He didn’t reply her question and she could have smiled at that little victory, but a far bigger battle stared her in the face and there would be no smiles till she conquered it.

She reached for his hand across the table, but he withdrew it, his expression cold as ice. Her gaze dropped down to her laps in defeat, perhaps it was best to just say what she wanted and get it over with. No need lengthening what was obvious, “I’m sorry.” She said. She waited for his reaction, she waited to be told off or for her apology to be accepted, but nothing came from his end. Perhaps he hadn’t heard her, she raised her head up to look at him, and his eyes were fixed straight at her like they had never left her form.

She looked away briefly, “I….i was wrong. I shouldn’t have said the things I said to you and I have no defence for such words. I’ve been trying to call you for over a week now and you’ve refused to pick my calls or reply my messages and I understand Lanre, honestly I do. I just…I was at a bad place and I was confused, and I acted irrationally because of that. I’m very sorry, forgive me.”

She waited once again for his reply, this time, her wait was rewarded, “And now?”

She stared at him, her eyes filled with confusion at his question, “What?” she asked when it didn’t look like he was in a hurry to elaborate on that question.

“You said you were confused, are you still confused?”

She wondered in what meaning he meant those words and even more, how she was to answer such a question when her emotions were still haywire even in this moment. She even her breathing and let out a sigh before giving the first answer that came to mind, “No”

For the first time since they began their conversation, he sat up, “So, you’ve come to terms with what’s going on between us?”

To some extent, she guessed she could give a positive reply to that. She had come to terms with it, had her mind fully accepted it? No, she was still trying to wrap her head around it all, and try as she might, she couldn’t stop thinking of what others would say about such a relationship. What her old school mates would say if they knew she had eventually hooked up with this brother she swore she would never have a thing with, what the neighbours would say when they knew she was dating her brother, and what about all of their mutual friends that knew them as siblings? How would they react to such a development? She could safely say that those thoughts were largely responsible for her many sleepless nights.

“Lanre, what if….” She held back the rest of her sentence as he looked away from her with a derisive scoff.

“So, what’s the point of this meeting if you stubbornly refuse to acknowledge what’s staring you in your face?”

“It’s not that Lanre….”

“Then what is it?” he bit back, his voice just a notch higher.

She shrunk into her seat at his tone ,feeling much like a little girl being scolded by an adult, “Lanre, you’re scaring me…..”

“Well, you’re pissing me the phuck off!”

His outburst drew the attention of a few patrons close-by, but just enough to have some glancing their way as he continued, not bothering to pay them any mind, “You keep playing this silly cat and mouse game with me Jaiya and I’m tired of it. I’m not a little boy looking for a first date, I’m a grown phucking man and you have no right to play with my emotions like this.”

She watched his nose flare in anger and his brows draw in, he looked down right menacing. She hadn’t meant to do this to him, it wasn’t supposed to be like this, “Lanre, please, relax. You’re getting worked up.”

“Stop treating me like a convalescent….”

“You need to calm down!”

“Don’t tell me what to do!”

He suddenly grabbed his head at that outburst and his eyes closed, “Lanre” she called out as she got off her seat and ran to his side, her body was seized with fear. Oh no, this wasn’t happening again

He moved away from her reach, “Don’t.” he shot, but his voice was significantly weaker.

She felt her eyes water, “Lanre, talk to me, what’s happening?” she asked, her voice was filled with concern and as much as she didn’t want it there- panic. The only response she got was a loud groan which hemitted from his throat, “Jesus Christ! Lanre!”

“Madam, what’s wrong?” an approaching waiter asked her.

“I don’t know, I don’t know. Get us some water please.” She cried as she tried to hold on to Lanre who was starting to lose consciousness

She grabbed his cell phone and called the last number on his log frantically, it only took two rings for Alex to answer, “So, loverboy, have you…”

“Alex you have to come back, something’s wrong with Lanre.”

“What is it?”

“I don’t know, just come back.” She all but screamed into the phone

“I’m on my way”

She dropped the phone and held up Lanre whose eyes were now closed. He was obviously unconscious. This was bad, very bad. Why did tragedy always have to happen whenever they had these confrontations? Why couldn’t they just have these confrontations and leave unharmed? And why was she always the one to have to bear the guilt?

The water came, but it could barely do a thing as Lanre remained unconscious despite the many attempts to resuscitate him. How would she explain what happened to their parents?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by CuteTolex(f): 9:49pm On Oct 29, 2015
More plssssss
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by FruityLass: 10:02pm On Oct 29, 2015
Dang!!!! smiley

What a suspense.
More mb
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by tijehi(f): 6:50am On Oct 30, 2015
S.girl is suspense your middle name? All these suspense in ur stories is killing jor......but I still love 'em.
Thanks for the update.
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by bellovers(m): 8:45am On Oct 30, 2015
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by feyilag(f): 8:54am On Oct 30, 2015
ur stories are on point!!! more ink 2 ur pen,more data 2 ur phone& more wisdom 2 write.more update pls!!!tnx
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by princessadeola(f): 10:02am On Oct 30, 2015
Oliver twist
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by safarigirl(f): 10:07pm On Oct 30, 2015
”Lanre”

The call went unanswered by the 15-year old boy sitting in an uncomfortable hospital chair as he waited for any sign of movement from his friend who lay unconscious.

“Lanre” the voice repeated, softer, a gentle hand rested upon his young shoulder to pull his attention, but just as previous attempts, there was no response on his part.

He stared on at the little unconscious girl, his hand held hers in a tight grip. It had been so for over two hours- since the time he thought he saw her fingers move. He had sworn to his parents and the hospital staff that her fingers had moved, but no one paid him any mind. They said he was imagining things, attributed his state to exhaustion. But he knew what he saw, Jaiya had moved, he swore it.

“Lanre, visiting hours are over. We have to go”

That was his mother, the only one still trying to reason with him amongst his family, the rest of them had figured that there was no gain in trying. He was headstrong and steadfast in his resolve. He would probably leave eventually, but, like had been the routine for over two weeks now, it would take a sizeable number of the hospital staff to get him out. He didn’t even know why they bothered, why couldn’t they just leave him with her? Yes, he was a little young, but not so much he couldn’t be trusted with her care. Whenever they left, she would be all alone. What if she woke up in the middle of the night? Confused and scared. She was just eleven for heaven’s sake! How would they tell her the rest of her family had died in that accident? They barely even knew her. He was in the best position to handle the situation in the events she awoke in a state of confusion.

“Lanre….”

“Maami, I don’t want to go.” He stated calmly, she was distracting his thoughts by talking. He had asked her to speak with the hospital administrators on his behalf and assure them that he was capable of staying with her, but she hadn’t. They said he was in a ‘bad emotional state’ and so, not capable of acting rationally if she woke up. He was sixteen, not six. He thought he would know what to do if she woke up, certainly more than anyone in this entire building. She was his friend. He had known her since she could barely talk, next to her dead family, he was in the best position to know how to handle her and he wouldn’t let these people debase his role in her life to no more than a confused, family friend. He was already doing her brothers a disservice by leaving their sister with these strangers every night.

“Lanre, are you not tired? We do this everyday. The doctor has assured us that he’ll call us the minute Jaiya wakes up and I and your father have promised that irrespective of the hour we receive such a call, we’ll bring you here immediately. What more do you want?”

What more did he want? He wanted to take care of her. She didn’t understand, he had promised his friends that in their absence, he would guard their sister like they had. And what better time to fulfill that promise than now? Now when they were not around, when they would no longer be around. A stray tear escaped his eye and he wiped it off as soon as he felt the liquid against his skin.

It was supposed to be a family picnic, the venue was no more than a thirty minute drive from their home and when Chike and Dozie had invited him, he had all but agreed. They were all supposed to go together, but something had come up and he had called to tell them he would meet up with them at the beach when he was through. He had gone to the beach, but how could he have known that the accident he had passed by on his way there involved his best friends’ family?

It was only on his way back, when the police and paramedics had been clearing the scene and he caught sight of a body that looked much like Chike’s that it had dawned on him that the reason they weren’t at the beach was because they had been in an accident.

No one had spoken to him, when he ran to an officer frantically calling out the names of his friends as they brought out the body of each family member. They thought he had lost his senses and simply refused to provide a ‘small boy’ with any information. He had only been able to get the name of the hospital the family was being taken to before they sent him off to get his parents or any ‘adult’ they could talk to.

Adult.

He almost sneered at the word, what did it matter how old someone was? Hell, by Jewish tradition, hadn’t he attained the status of a man? He might not be as huge and intimidating as his father, but he had certain responsibilities that were close enough to being those of adults as possible

Yet, here he was, being taunted, once again, by the unfortunate fact that he was just a few years shy of eighteen. If he could only control time, he would fast forward till he was eighteen…..if he could control time, his friends would still be alive.

Well, certain things may be out of his control now, but he wouldn’t give up control of things he could still change.

“What will we tell her when she wakes up?” this wouldn’t be the first time he was asking this question. He had asked virtually everyone from his parents, to his sister and even the nurses and the doctor. No one had an answer, some thought his question was irrelevant. They said it wasn’t likely she would wake up. She had been unconscious for two weeks, what were the odds of her being alive? The only reason she was still on life support was because of his parents’ influence, left to the hospital staff, she would have long joined her family in the mortuary

“The truth.”

His mother replied simply. But it wasn’t that simple. It wasn’t that simple to just tell an eleven-year old girl that her entire family was gone and that life as she knew it was over. Especially one as emotionally fragile as Jaiya, even when you teased her, she would cry. What more telling her something so devastating?

“Can i….will you let me tell her first?” he asked. His mother’s silence caused him to look away from aiya for the first time in two hours and direct his attention to his mother who stood behind him, “Help me talk to the staff, tell them…tell them I want to be the one to tell her everything. If she wakes up and we’re not here, they shouldn’t tell her a thing. Please Maami, please.” He wasn’t one to beg for anything, he just asked. And if he was denied, he would either leave it or take it without any permission, so the fact that he pleaded this time, was enough to cede to his request.

His mother brushed her hand against his cheek, “I’ll tell them, but that will have to be on our way out.”

He knew what that meant, that was her condition. He would have to willingly follow her out in order for his request to be fulfilled, and he was willing to do so this time. He was willing to co-operate if he could get this one wish fulfilled.

He nodded half-heartedly and returned his gaze to Jaiya, “I have to go now. Please, wake up tomorrow.” He made the same plea everyday before he left, even when he was being forced out. He patted her hand with his free hand and stood up.

When he attempted to let go of the hand he had kept in a grip though, it wouldn’t budge, he was stuck….she was holding on to him. He neared her bed with a hopeful glint in his eyes, “Jaiya, are you awake?”

“Lanre….”

“Mummy, she’s the one. She’s holding me.”

She gave him a look of disbelief

“I’m not lying, I…” he returned his gaze to Jaiya when it seemed like his mother wasn’t taking him seriously, “Jaiya, Jaiyanma wake up, it’s Lanre. I’m here, maami is here too. Open your eyes.”

“Lanre….”

“Maami, I’m serious! Call the doctor” he interrupted. He could see her eyelids moving and a large grin broke out upon his features at the sight. He would be the first one she would see when she woke up, “Look, her eyelids are moving….” He spoke more to himself than his mother. He tightened his hold on her hand, “Jaiya, Jaiya open your eyes. Jaiya, open your eyes and look at me, I know you’re awake.” He couldn’t hide the smile in his voice. She wasn’t dead and he hadn’t been hallucinating earlier.

He watched her eyelids flutter open and her gaze fall on him. He grinned now. Probably the largest grin he had ever had as he breathed out her name in sheer relief. She opened her mouth to say something, but all that came out was a gasp and then violent coughing

Lanre’s eyes shot open only to be greeted by a bright light that forced them close again. What the hell? Where the phuck was he?

5 Likes

Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by smartmiss(f): 10:19pm On Oct 30, 2015
A good read...
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by vonn(f): 10:25pm On Oct 30, 2015
Woooah!!!! Keep it coming dear.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe / Beneath My Heart / Mask Hunter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.