Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,300 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

In Memory Only (Romance) - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / In Memory Only (Romance) (140796 Views)

Two Realms... {Romance-thriller} / Letters Fall Apart-in Memory Of Chinua Achebe / Shape Of Our Friendship By Vic Toria A. I wrote this in memory of my dog. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by dherbee: 11:56pm On Oct 30, 2015
woah!!!
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by swtangeljones(f): 3:29am On Oct 31, 2015
Wow! You are a great writer. Keep it up.
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by DandyPearl(f): 11:20am On Oct 31, 2015
shocked I must say this but I'm awed by this story. Joined the train yesterday and I must confess I've been amazed @ d plot nd storyline. Save a few typos here and there d work z perfect. Ride on OP! You just got urself a follower!
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by bumsiee: 7:26pm On Oct 31, 2015
Hmmm nice story suspence filled. But where is every body? Nice work ma'am
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Mj45: 7:53pm On Oct 31, 2015
U ARE PRICELESS. THANKS 4 THIS UPDATE.
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by gal10(f): 8:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
Wowww...thanks ma'am!!! Love this
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by feyilag(f): 9:23pm On Oct 31, 2015
wow maam dis is on point!!!
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by CuteTolex(f): 11:57am On Nov 01, 2015
Nice work safarigirl
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Kajiang02(m): 10:08pm On Nov 01, 2015
What are you constraints safarigirl?
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Luckymay(f): 12:54am On Nov 02, 2015
Wow!!, finally here. Pls keep the thrills coming, am enjoying every piece of 'em. More power to ur typing fingers.
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Sageez(m): 7:32pm On Nov 02, 2015
1 thing about safarigirl is that her stories take 'forever' to be completed, you have to have enough patience to follow. Nyc work safarigirl buh stop starving your audience

1 Like

Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Essyprity(f): 10:38am On Nov 03, 2015
Seems Jaiya is unaware that lanre has always been in love with her. I need a Lanre o.
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by KimBerlyie: 3:16pm On Nov 03, 2015
Tnks for d update safari!!!
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by safarigirl(f): 11:28pm On Nov 03, 2015
Jaiya made her way back to Lanre’s room rather slowly. She was exhausted, but she knew she wouldn’t get any sleep tonight. No, not while her mind was being overworked with all the thoughts of ‘what ifs’, what if the latest attack had caused him to lose more of his memory? What if it had led to another coma? Worse still, what if he had died? She hadn’t been able to muster the courage to call anyone else in the family after she and Alex rushed Lanre to the hospital. She had been riddled with fear and had been condemning herself for her lack of foresight so much, she assumed his family would do same when they discovered it was her fault once again, that he was in a hospital. Sure, they wouldn’t say it to her directly, but the thought of the accusatory glances she would be getting the entire night had muddled her judgment and caused her to withhold the information from them until she finally told Alex to do the honours.

After the resident doctor had assured them that there was nothing life-threatening in his attack, they had all calmed down a little. He said it was just a reaction, his body and his brain were protesting due to exhaustion and his outburst had only been the needed trigger for the breakdown to happen, it had been on a timer and would have happened sooner or later. That almost made her feel better, she only wished she hadn’t been the catalyst for the meltdown.

She had volunteered to stay the night because….well, she was to blame for his being in the hospital and it would only be fair she got the uncomfortable chair. There hadn’t been much accusations- well, there had, but oddly enough, nothing directed at her. Laraba wouldn’t stop talking about how Lanre had been an emotional wreck the past weeks and had been acting irrationally, she blamed him for everything and apologized to her for being the ‘unfortunate victim’ of Lanre’s stubbornness.

As she listened to his mother blame him even when he was the one on a drip, it occurred to her that Lanre had been right about his family’s position where they were concerned, he would sooner get the heat for whatever fall outs that would happen between them than she would. The realization further worsened her feeling of guilt and made her wish Lanre’s memory of the past two weeks was wiped out.

As she walked back to his room, she wondered if he would be waking up anytime soon, the doctor had said the sedative he was given would only knock him out for a few hours and it had been four hours now since he was injected. Maybe she would use her time here with him to apologize and make right all of her wrongs. She considered that thought, what good had trying to sort out things with Lanre brought so far? What if any talks in that direction further aggravated his condition? No, she wouldn’t bring it up, but if he did….if he did she would do her best to steer them away from such discussions until he was stable.

Just as she got to the entrance of Lanre’s room, a nurse walked out. The small lady stopped on sighting Jaiya, “He’s awake now and feeling better. Please, don’t stress him.” She said with a small smile.

Jaiya nodded and returned the smile, she surely wouldn’t be stressing him if she could help it. She walked into the room and found Lanre sitting up, there was a plate of sliced bread in front of him and a mug she assumed had tea in it. She watched him take a sip of the tea and wince slightly which brought a smile to her face, Lanre was very picky so it must be bad if he was drinking something from a hospital.

As if suddenly aware he was being watched, he turned his gaze towards the door and caught sight of her. Jaiya stood rooted to her position as se waited with her heart in her mouth for his reaction, it hadn’t occurred to her until now that maybe he was still mad at her from earlier today, wouldn’t her presence aggravate him the more? Had it been wise to stay with him? His lack of any form of reaction for what felt like hours but was only a couple of minutes, further fed her anxious state. She could almost feel beads of sweat emanating from the pores of her skin.

He didn’t look mad….well, his expression was unreadable so it was hard to say what thoughts were running in his head but she hoped they were nothing negative. He seemed to appraise her a while longer before finally breaking the tension in the room

“Well? Are you just going to stand there the whole night?”

Those were far from the words she expected, but she breathed a sigh of relief thinking it could have been much worse. She approached his bed, a bit glad that he had been given a private room, she didn’t need an audience, “How are you feeling?” she asked as she eased into the chair.

“Well, I’ve certainly had better tea, this tastes like crap” he replied as he took another sip of the tea, “And don’t even get me started on this chaff they call bread. I thought this was the VIP room, aren’t they supposed to serve better food?”

Jaiya couldn’t help the smile that graced her features, “I didn’t mean that. I meant your health, how is your health?”

He shrugged, “Fine, as long as I never have to eat such poison.” He replied and pushed aside what was left of the food.

He looked quite healthy, a fact that made Jaiya smile more, and if he was making these many jokes, it was a good indication that his sense of humour was back, which meant he wasn’t mad at her anymore. A sudden thought caused the smile to be wiped off her face, what if he really couldn’t remember anything that had happened earlier?

As much as she had wished this possible, she couldn’t bear the thought of another relapse in his memory, “Do…do you remember? This afternoon?” she asked cautiously.

He didn’t reply her immediately, he just stared at her for an uncomfortable period of time, she couldn’t understand these weird stares of his, since when did he adopt this manner of approach? She avoided his gaze, unwilling to be rattled any further by staring straight at him

“I remember Jaiya, I remember this afternoon, I remember yesterday afternoon, two weeks ago, a month ago, a year ago. I remember it all.” He replied simply.

A wave of relief passed through her at his admission, so his memory was fine and he was actually being nice to her, that meant he wasn’t mad at her anymore and….., “A year ago?” she asked as her brain finally processed each word he had uttered. Did that mean his entire memory was back? But how possible….

“Yes, a year ago, two years ago, ten years ago. I remember EVERYTHING.” He replied, a smile now dancing along his lips.

Her eyes grew wide at that, “Oh my Goodness” she whispered, “Oh my…” before she could process her thoughts or consider her actions, she leaped outy of her chair and straight into Lanre’s arms, “I’m so happy, Lanre, I’m so excited for you, i….” she suddenly paused in her speech as she realized that she was hugging Lanre tightly, this was the first time they were getting this close in almost a month. Her body went still as the adrenaline from her excitement thinned out only to be replaced by nervousness and doubt. She shouldn’t be this close to him, sure, it had been normal some months ago, but now….now it was just weird, and what if with his memory back now, he had realized his error in seeking a relationship with her? Then why was she fussing? Maybe she was reading more meaning into this…..

She put her thoughts on hold to put a space between them. Her arms loosened from around his neck and her face emerged from the crook of his neck. She attempted to move away, but he had a firm clasp on her lower back and halted her movement.

Forced to meet his eyes, she looked up at him warily and almost regretted that action, why was he staring at her like that? Like a man starved, like…..”I’m sor….” He didn’t let her finish her apology, his lips muffled the rest of it and his mouth swallowed any protests she might have had as he sealed her doubts with a kiss that shocked and excited her all at the same time. As much as she wanted to reject these feelings only he could conjure from her, it was a great folly on her part to continually tell herself that Lanre didn’t do things to her body and mind that she never thought possible. She couldn’t fight this overwhelming feeling of satisfaction that flooded her insides whenever he kissed her, or the excitement only he could bring out by just talking to her, or how complete she felt in his presence.

There was no point fighting or denying any of that, it was pure chemistry what they had, chemistry that always resulted in an insatiable burning within her and by the way he kissed her, the way his tongue was so fascinated by her mouth and so utterly interested in exploring it’s insides, the way his arms pulled her closer even when there was no space left to exploit between them, it was evident, he felt the same intense burning as well.

A mutual sigh of longing escaped both their lips as they parted for some much needed air. Th y held each other’s gazes for a few more minutes, their eyes telling of the vast possibilities they could have explored if in a more convenient setting. She broke the silence much too soon, unable to stop her rambling lips, “Lanre….” A strong finger against her lips killed off the words before they could sprout.

“Shh, don’t talk about this, don’t ruin it, just bask in it. Please? Can you do that for a man on a drip?” he asked.

She nodded robotically at him and he smiled, “Thank you.” He took her hand in his and placed a chaste kiss against her knuckles, “Thank you very much”

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by TemihSmart(f): 2:13am On Nov 04, 2015
Wow!this is really interesting.Keep it up girl
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Stephanieee: 3:48am On Nov 04, 2015
Weldone!....can't wait to see what happens at the end of the story
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 04, 2015
Stephanieee:
Weldone!....can't wait to see what happens at the end of the story
Xame here too
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by toocute4uall(f): 11:46am On Nov 04, 2015
Wonderful update and wonderful story.....Thanks safarigirl. I hope we get more regular updates wink
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by virtuedagirl(f): 4:14pm On Nov 04, 2015
Such a beautiful story u've got here,keep it coming ma.
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Mj45: 8:55pm On Nov 04, 2015
U are thousanderful infact u are da bomb. Thank u.
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by dherbee: 11:33am On Nov 05, 2015
i'm so feeling u SAFARIGIRL!!!
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Riser: 9:29pm On Nov 05, 2015
Wao....
You are very good at this and I'm more than impressed! Please keep up the good work
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by jupitre(m): 5:24pm On Nov 06, 2015
nice one girl...more wisdom to you
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by safarigirl(f): 8:53pm On Nov 14, 2015

It was almost impossible to concentrate on anything else when the woman you loved was sitting right across from you in all her beautiful glory.

This, Lanre realized as the entire family had Sunday lunch together for the first time since he had regained his memory and his general health. It was a whole long month before he was given a clean bill of health by the doctors at the hospital. They had said it was a miracle that he regained his memory in such a short time and had asked to monitor him a bit longer, his family had only been too willing to oblige them while they held in their excitement. He couldn’t remember seeing a bigger grin on his mother’s face when he told her that he could remember everything, his father, always the more guarded one, didn’t show any excitement save for a shadow of a smile that flitted past his face. Lanre was used to his father’s ways and knew the man was equally happy.

Today had been a bit eventful, they had done a rather elaborate thanksgiving in his honour at the church, it had taken hours, so their lunch was pushed back till 3PM. Now, the family was gathered at the table having a scrumptious meal prepared by his mother, his elder sister and Jaiya, with a little help from the only man in the family who actually knew his way around the kitchen- George.

Lanre could say that he had spent the last fifteen minutes ogling Jaiya while she tried to avoid his gaze, but she had to know it was an exercise in futility, he was right across her, there was no escaping his gaze. His eyes wandered over her pretty face, the make-up she wore to church was still obvious, but not by much. She had gone for dark, smoky eyes that highlighted the beauty of her light brown orbs, she rarely drew on any eyebrows because hers were full and all they needed were a good trimming, her full lips were glossed, she rearely put on lipstick because she thought her lips looked funny in them- he personally had nothing against lipsticks, but he did enjoy the sight of her nud-e lips

They still hadn’t told the rest of the family anything because a lot of things had been happening the past few weeks and they were understandably overwhelmed by it all, they and yet to have an appropriate time to drop the bombshell that they were officially dating. He had suggested they break the news to the family today, but as usual, Jaiya was having cold feet.

He had made up his mind to speak up before the end of the week though, he refused to sneak around with her as if they were two teenagers just discovering the joys of being with someone of the opposites sex. It was obvious she would need an extra push before she could finally stand on her feelings and he was more than ready to give her that push. He deserved better than playing hide and seek- she deserved better.

“Lanre!” he was literally jerked out of his thoughtful state by Alex who had him by the elbow and shook him

He shot startled eyes to his best friend who sat right next to him, “What is it?” he asked. He surveyed the entire dining room , noticing that they were all giving him a look of concern- but he wasn’t the only one being looked at. Although Jaiya had her gaze fixed squarely on her plate, he could tell she was trying to avoid the curious gazes from the rest of the family.

“Your mother was asking if you liked the food.” Alex replied

“Yes, it’s a lovely meal mum, you guys did a great job.” He replied, his gaze once again straying to Jaiya, even when he wasn’t acting consciously, he couldn’t keep his eyes off her.

“Are you okay, son?” his mother asked.

He smiled to assuage her fears, “I’m fine mum, never felt better.”

“Are you sure?” it was Moremi who asked the follow-up question.

Jeez! Why were they giving him these weird looks? How long had he been zoned out?, “Yes Mo, I’m sure” he replied returning back to his food. A blanket of silence covered the entire room, it was an uneasy silence and the only person on his mind who he worried for was Jaiya, “So, why do you keep staring at Jaiya?” his father’s booming voice broke the silence.

He swallowed uneasily, this was it. He looked up from his meal to look at his father, he wasn’t frowning , he just had a thoughtful expression as he awaited his reply. What would he say? He couldn’t believe he had been waiting all this time to just tell everyone he and Jaiya were dating and when the opportunity finally presented its self, he was more or less blank. He had been blind-sided, in all the scenarios he came up with, none were like this. He glanced at Jaiya again and found that she still had her gaze on her plate. It frustrated him, why couldn’t she just raise her head up and give him even if just a smile of encouragement or something to express her solidarity with him, why did she enjoy hiding?

His mind was made up, he knew just how to get her attention, “Because she looks stunning, she always looks beautiful, don’t you think father?” he asked with a smile. By the silence that followed his declaration, it was easy to tell no one was expecting that reply from him- best of all though, Jaiya had actually looked at him with a bewildered expression, she looked almost mortified by his words.

“Aww, how sweet. Jaiya, do you have anything to say to such a compliment?” that was Alex, most likely trying to help him out if he knew anything about his best friend and he couldn’t be more grateful for his presence at this time, because he would need that extra motivation.

An uneasy smile graced her lips, “Tha…thank you, Lanre.” She replied.

But he wasn’t done yet, just when everyone had proceeded to continue eating their meal, Lanre pushed back his chair and stood, “As a matter of fact, mum, dad, family. I have an announcement to make, about I and Jaiya.”

His mother sent a puzzled look his way, then sent another to Jaiya who was staring at him as if he had grown an extra head, and then back to him, “What announcement is that, Lanre?”

“I’m elated to say, mum, that I and Jaiya have been dating for the past one month and hopefully, we’ll be taking the next step in our relationship soon enough.”

The clatter of Jaiya’s fork against her plate was the only sound that followed his announcement, the rest of the table remained deathly silent, but Lanre didn’t even care, he had said the one thing that had been bugging him for months now and whether his family accepted their relationship or not, was no business of his. He needed Jaiya and they would all come to terms with their relationship eventually- even Jaiya herself.

12 Likes

Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by gal10(f): 9:08pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ghen ghen ghen!!! Action film.. welldone safarigal
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by virtuedagirl(f): 9:08pm On Nov 14, 2015
nice update ma,thumbs up to U & Lanre.
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by safarigirl(f): 12:29am On Nov 15, 2015
Happy Sunday guys smiley smiley smiley

He had some nerve that man. Even a week after his totally uncalled for announcement, she was still brimming with barely held in anger and if he didn’t stop bugging her, she was just about to burst with it and unleash all of that pent up anger on him. He would be the best recipient of it after all, had he not been the one to initiate it to begin with?

She still hadn’t been able to show her face in the Coker residence or pick any calls from the rest of the family because she had no idea what she would say to them or how she would even say it. He had totally sucker-punched her square in the jaw even before she could ready herself and he couldn’t even express a morsel of remorse for his obvious lack of foresight….but wasn’t that Lanre? Wasn’t that his modus operandi? He liked to do what he wished without taking into cognizance the wishes of others, it was all about him and the rest of the world could go to blazes. Well, this time, she refused to burn, oh hell no, she wouldn’t suffer the flames alone, he was going to get it hot, as hot as he had dished it.

“Jaiyanma, I didn’t come here to beg you o, maybe I was willing to beg three days ago, but I’m just about done with your childishness and I demand you open this door.” He ordered

She snorted, he actually thought he could make demands, she underestimated how far up his assss his head really was. Apparently, he was yet to realize that there was no sneaking out of this particular doghouse, no, she wouldn’t cower to his demands anymore. He was as fit as a fiddle now, no more having to consider his health or any of that bullshit, so he could stand at her door the entire day if he wished, she absolutely would not leave the comfort of her couch to attend to any of his tantrums, he would find his way home when he got tired like he always did.

“And I’m not leaving until I see you. This entire building will hear our story today.”

She rolled her eyes, the amount her neighbours had heard the entire week was enough to write a best-selling novel with, the only thing he was yet to disclose to the hearing of everyone on her floor was details of imaginary sexual encounters between them, “Go away Lanre!” she shouted, not that she assumed even for a second that those words would have any impact on him.

She listened for any more of his crazy talk, but oddly enough, she got nothing, and so it remained for the next ten minutes. Absolute, golden silence. She had never gotten rid of him that easily so she was just a little suspicious that he would just leave without another word. Had he finally gotten the point?

“Hmm, that was easy.” she murmured to herself and then returned to typing her proposal for the next Arts and Culture Festival, she was going to make the most of these few minutes of respite she got before he came banging on her door again.

Another five minutes passed before her ears picked up on some suspicious sound, what was that? It seemed to be coming from her door. She dropped her laptop on the centre table and walked over to the door. As she got closer, she realized it was being opened from the outside. Her eyes grew wide and she ran to the door to jam it shut, but the person at the door managed to push it open, overpowering her. He pushed it with so much force, she found herself on the tiled floor of her apartment.

Her heart seized with fear and she looked up to the menacing figure that stood above her only to find Lanre looking down at her with an annoying smirk, “Never underestimate the lengths a desperate man will go to for his woman.”

What the hell? She scrambled to her feet and shot him a glare, “How the hell did you get my keys?” she asked as she watched him leisurely turn to her door and lock it like the place was his damned house

“Another thing you should never underestimate, sweetheart.” He turned to her and placed the spare key in his pocket, “Never underestimate the lengths a desperate man with lots of money will go to, for his woman.”

“I’m not your woman!” she spat out. That was just about the only come back she had, she should have known the caretaker of this building would rat her out with little or no incentives, the man had come to complain to her just yesterday of her ‘male friend’ that was being a nuisance, he was probably glad he got some money in exchange for ending the noise. Talk about a two for one deal. Oh, she was going to give him a piece of her mind the next time she saw him, that was for sure.

He co-cked his head to the side, “Really? Well, I don’t know about you, but I’m not one to share steamy kisses with people I’m not romantically involved with.”

“And I don’t like people telling everyone my business without my permission.”

“Is that what this is about? My announcement on Sunday?” he asked.

She scoffed, he even had the gall to act like he didn’t know what this was about, “What do you think?” she asked snidely.

“I was in a tight place, what did you expect me to do?”

“Wait! That’s all I asked of you Lanre, that you give me a little more time….”

“How much more time do you need, Jaiya? If I keep waiting for you, you’ll never be ready. “

Even though she knew he was right, she still refused to accept the truth of his statement. She would have agreed to break the news to the family eventually, but that day wasn’t a good day and the way he had broken the news was anything but appropriate.

“Well, you had no right to do what you did.” She insisted.

He sighed, “So what do you want me to do? Apologise?” he asked, she stared at him, her arms folded across her chest without a reply and then looked away, what did she want from him anyway?, “Fine.” He sighed. She initially didn’t understand what he was doing, but she was soon staring at him with wide eyes as he lowered his 6ft2” frame and got on his knees, was he crazy?, “I’m sorry Jaiya, I swear I’ll never make impromptu announcements about us without your permission ever again, forgive me.”

She could clearly hear the slight humour in his voice and his lips were fighting to keep away a smile, even when he needed to be serious, he still thought this was one big joke, “Forget it, Lanre” she turned around and made her way back to her living room.

“No, wait” he called out, she had barely crossed the threshold when he grabbed her by the arm, she finally turned to look at his solemn face, “I’m sorry Jaiya, really, I am.” He said softly, this time, there was no humour in his voice.

“It’s okay.” She replied, she couldn’t stay mad at him for too long anyway, especially when he was in her presence. It was much easier when he wasn’t standing a few inches away from her.

He smiled at her, flashing his pearly whites. She just loved to see that smile of his, it sent butterflies fluttering in her tummy and made her give her own small smile. He pulled her closer until he had his arms wrapped around her body, “I’m so sorry, it’s just that I lose my shiit and act irrationally whenever I’m around you, don’t hold it against me.”

She could never do that. She closed her eyes and inhaled the fresh scent of pinewood and some cologne he had used that definitely worked some magic along with his fingers which drew circles on the small of her back. They remained in that position for a while, just basking in each other’s presence. Her mind didn’t want any of this to end, she liked it when he held her like she was the most delicate thing in the world.

“Jaiya.” He called her name softly after a while, ruining her perfect silence.

“Hmm?” she breathed as she nuzzled her cheeks against the soft fabric of the cotton sweater he had on.

“Say something I’m giving up on you.” He sang into her ears.

What the….? She went still, and then broke into a fit of laughter, oh, he surely knew how to ruin a moment this guy, “ what do you want me to say?” she asked in between her laughter.

He shrugged, “I don’t know, tell me you love me.” He replied, he placed a kiss against her temple “Tell me you need me.” He placed another on her left cheek, “Tell me you can’t live without me.” He kissed her right cheek, “Tell me your life would be meaningless without me by your side.” He kissed the tip of her nose.

She giggled and looked up into his eyes, “But my life wouldn’t be meaningless without you by my side.” She teased and flicked his nose.

He smiled and then placed a stray strand of hair behind her ear, “Well, that’s too bad, because mine would be meaningless without you.”

Her lips slowly lost it’s smile as she realized how serious he was, “Lanre….”

He placed his index finger against her lips as he had done at the hospital, “Shh, don’t ruin the moment.” He said, as if expecting her to say something that would totally kill his vibe.

But she wasn’t going to do that, she wasn’t going to ruin the moment, not this time. She gazed into his eyes and then did something that shocked them both. Her full lips parted beneath his finger and then sucked the digit in suggestively, her tongue swirling around it before she released it while he stared at her mouth as if entranced.

“Christ!” he groaned out just before he attacked her lips with everything he had within him, he kissed her so hard she found herself moving backwards until they both fell rather ungracefully onto her settee. A flurry of movements followed their descent, she had her hands all over him, on his back, his arms, his chest, his face, his neck and back to his muscled back. She wanted to tough him everywhere all at once and his hands weren’t being any modest either she felt them on her neck, her arms, her neck, pulling up her exposed thigh until it was wrapped around his waist and his hands could trace a path from her calf to the last bit of skin just blow the hem of her shorts.

He seemed to pull out her very soul with the intensity of his kiss, making her feel things she had only thought possible in fictitious novels and crazy fantasies. His lips and tongue cajoled hers, leading it in an age old lover’s dance that she otherwise had little or no experience in, but it just seemed so natural in him, she let out a soft moan as she felt the flames of desire burn her insides, she wanted him so badly, she needed him to quench this fire he had started within her. Nimble hands found their way to the hem of his sweater and pulled at the material, impatiently seeking direct heat from his skin.

He withdrew his lips from hers and stared into hungry, lust-driven eyes, “Are you sure?” he breathed, he sounded like one who had run a long distance race, but she could clearly hear the strain in his voice.

He didn’t need to be any more direct, she understood his question as clear as day, “Yes, please Lanre”

“Oh god, don’t beg baby, don’t beg.” He groaned and then returned to feasting on her lips with more fervor. She felt his thickness against her thigh, but fear and apprehension were far from her mind when he aligned himself and thrust into her core through the fabric of their clothes, rather, she gave a drawn out moan that called to him in more ways than one, the wetness pooling between her thighs to further dampen her panties.

He traced a path from her lips down to her chin, he peppered her jaw with kisses and went further down to her heaving chest, her pulse quickened as he neared her breasts. The first slick of his tongue against her fabric-covered puckered ni-pple drew a whimper from her lips, and then his mouth engulfed the bud in it’s heat, if there ever was a more pleasurable way to die, this was it. His hand cupped the other b-oob and proceeded to give it the same attention as the one he had his lips on, his fingers twisting and teasing the nipp-le enough to draw repeated cries of pleasure from her lips.

Almost immediately, he stopped his ministrations as if something had just occurred to him, she looked down at him and in a voice mixed with concern and frustration asked, “Lanre, what’s….?”

“We can’t do this here, not here” he replied , he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her up in a sitting position and then stood with her legs wrapped around him. It was only then she realized they were still in her living room and on her couch nonetheless. To think she was all set to lose her virginity on a freaking couch, she could almost laugh at herself if her body wasn’t burning up with desire.

He got her to her bedroom in record time, although his movement was far from co-ordinated, he eased her onto the bed and pulled off the sweater to reveal his toned torso, she was aware of the physical therapy he had gone through while his leg had been in a caste and it surely contributed to the broadness of his chest and pronounced abdominal muscles. Before she could appreciate more of his lean torso covered in the richest mahogany skin in the entire city, that toned body lay on hers and almost immediately, strong hands battled with the fabric of her top to gain access to her skin. In the end, the fabric stood no chance against those hands as it gave in and was ripped into two.

They paused in their frantic movements to stare at the ruined top, his gaze lifted back to hers in a desire-induced haze, “I’m sorry, I’ll get you another one.” He breathed and then seized her lips in a kiss she welcomed with a sigh.

Somewhere between his fevered kisses and her wanton moans, he managed to get rid of the rest of her clothing until she lay na-ked before him, his starving eyes moved over her n-ude body, “You’re so beautiful.” He breathed as he kissed her bare shoulder, “You have no idea how much.” If the look in his eyes were anything to go by, she could guess how much. He spent the next ten minutes making love to every bare part of her his tongue and hands could find while she could only appreciate his ministrations through soft moans and loud whimpers that acted as the soundtrack to the music only he could create within her.

She remained in her blissful state, enjoying the rare feeling of being loved by a man who held her heart, basking in the attention only he could give her nubile body and wishing he would finally put an end to the intense burning that was yet to ebb within her until she felt the hot, skin-covered steel he was packing.

Thankfully, he made no sudden movements, he just raised himself up till their gazes were leveled, he had the most beautiful smile on his face as he wiped the sweat that had seeped onto her skin, “Are you ready?” he asked, although her eyes were unsure, she managed to nod her head in acceptance, “Tell me if it hurts, okay?” he asked. It warmed her heart that even though he was barely keeping it together he still bothered about her comfort.

She nodded her head once again and then grabbed onto his biceps, “Will you stop if I tell you?”

He smirked at her like only Lanre could in such situations, “Depends on how far I’ve gone.” She guessed her eyes widened at his reply because he kissed her temple and gave her a warm smile, “It won’t take long.....i mean the pain, I can’t guarantee anything else.” He had a cocky smile on his face at the end of his sentence.

She felt him move a little and then align himself to her opening, she closed her eyes instinctively and waited for any further movement from him, but she got nothing. She waited a while longer, still nothing. She opened her eyes and found his face right above hers and a boyish grin plastered on it, “Relax, darling, no one’s asking you to detonate a bomb….well, not literally.”

She managed a small smile at his joke, but her nervousness remained. It was easy for him to make jokes at this time, he had done this lots of times anyway, he was a professional, she was just an amateur on her first rodeo, so she reserved the rights to be just a little scared.

He kissed her shoulders some more and then her cheek, luring her into a sense of peace so that she unclenched her entire body and released the tension in her muscles, “This will sting just a little.” He whispered into her ears, before she could come out of her haze and process his words, he speared into her and she instantly let out a sharp cry at the resultant pain. Her eyes filled with tears as she struggled to breathe at the intrusion.

“I’m sorry love, so sorry.” He repeatedly murmured as he kissed her exposed skin.

She closed her eyes briefly only to re-open them when she heard him let out a low groan, “Babe, you need to stop doing that if I’m going to last.” He spoke in a voice that mirrored the strain upon his face

She was going to ask what he meant when she realized that he was still seated inside her and she was clenching and unclenching around his stiff member, along with that realization came a foreign feeling that engulfed her and washed away the initial pain, she squirmed beneath him wanting that feeling to spread further

“Do you feel better now?” he asked.

“Yes.” Her answer came out in a breathy moan as his member twitched inside her.

“Great…..this is where the good part begins.”

And then he begun moving inside her, she felt him ease his way out, leaving the tip of his phallus only to wade right back in continuously until he established a steady back and forth rhythm. It didn’t take long for her hips to find their own rhythm, meeting his strokes and seeking an elusive feeling that seemed to taunt her with every stroke he took. She moaned his name whenever he would hit a particularly pleasurable spot, those moans were all the encouragement he needed to guide her to the nirvana that awaited her.

His undulating hops moved with more urgency as her cries of pleasure got louder, she buried her sweaty face at the crook of his neck, her fingers drawing the kind of art only possible in the throes of passion against his skin. This feeling was too good, it spread through her like a virus, seizing every muscle in her body until she tensed up, what was happening to her? Her mind could barely make sense out of the reaction of her body, she thought she was having some sort of seizure as her entite body clenched and she felt the most mind-numbing feeling wash over he. She screamed Lanre’s name one last time as she reached that elusive peak she had been seeking the entire night and then her body seemed to go slack having exerted all the energy left in it.

Lanre pumped into her a while longer until he also stiffened, she felt a warm liquid gush into her insides for a while tat tickled just a little before he shuddered and crashed ontop her.

They lay there, both breathing hard and trying to wrap their minds around what had just taken place between them. Jaiya rubbed the nape of Lanre’s neck absent-mindedly, occasionally playing with the damp hair there while they both tried to catch their breath. She wanted to say something- anything, but her mind was still blank from this earth-shattering experience, was it always going t be like this between them? Would she always have this feeling of being sated? She wished it would be so, she wanted to experience this over and over again.

“God, I should have toasted you years ago!” he finally said.

She giggled at his outburst and then let out full blown laughter, he soon joined her in her laughter as the cool breeze of an impending rain kissed their exposed skins

9 Likes

Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by tijehi(f): 3:02am On Nov 15, 2015
Finally oooooo, we got some......

WellllllllldoooonE Sgirl......I loooveeee this episode.
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by gal10(f): 9:27am On Nov 15, 2015
Badt guy lanre!! Jaiya is now a bad girl! Mummy and Mo whatcha say cool shocked
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Mj45: 10:17am On Nov 15, 2015
Mind blowing updates Safarigirl. Thank u and happy Sunday.
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Eniqurl(f): 10:46am On Nov 15, 2015
Nice one.
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by juliejames: 11:44am On Nov 15, 2015
waoo safarigirl you rock thanks for d update oliver wants more ooo just for record I started visiting NL literature section because of dis story so I waiting to finish d story I started with more grace

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe / Beneath My Heart / Mask Hunter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.