Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. (54212 Views)

Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki / A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). / 10 Facts About The Titanic That You Don't Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by sunex: 8:22am On Aug 25, 2014
elvis10ten: ok lets leave insults now and face facts. wasn't noah the only righteous man as of then ? after god did that he said he won't destroy the world again, then came the new testament. do you really think if God kill people because of the statements they make many people will be alive ? list how many atheist that god killed ?

Well, i believe wat ever happens on earth, God knows about it and he does what ever pleases him.
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by elvis10ten(m): 8:25am On Aug 25, 2014
sunex:

U jus a bastard ,go confirm dat frm ur mum and Go and read my comment again, I neva said the removal of d pic caused d accident bt God showed them dat he exist by protecting the crates of eggs. Assuming d pic was left in d car, they mit av bn saved... hope u get it now empty skull.
am really really sorry that i started the insults, so sorry. please accept my apology. smiley smiley smiley
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Fourwinds: 8:26am On Aug 25, 2014
princebergz:

my issue with your post
1. How great God can be?? crap! God is great beyond reason... He created EVERYTHING
2. The owner tried God and God showed him? by killing over 1400 people including innocent children abi?

oga o
don't forget some were saved. it wasn't a total destruction. dey were covered by His lovely grace. d way dere will be a separation at d end. its a matter of time
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by freshness2020: 8:34am On Aug 25, 2014
elvis10ten: the ones i know on nairaland and my friends. have you been to the religious section ?. any way u changed a belief in me this morning, but i can't believe or worship some one that killed thousands to prove himself.
No probs bro! I pray ♈όϋ know Him better than I do!
Have a brilliant week ahead!
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by elvis10ten(m): 8:40am On Aug 25, 2014
freshness2020:
No probs bro! I pray ♈όϋ know Him better than I do!
Have a brilliant week ahead!
ok.
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by beckyomas(f): 8:40am On Aug 25, 2014
teflonwhizz: shut up bastard gal
i dont exchange words with stark idiots. So I'll pass.
P.S. You can scroll upwards and look at sensible people posting sensible things.
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by OmoIyaMero: 9:16am On Aug 25, 2014
Ela59: For him to see the crime he commited.
So "God" killed those innocent souls just to show a man he is God...u making me laff
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Validated: 9:50am On Aug 25, 2014
sunex:

Don't talk dat way, according to d movie, a man tested God's power say not even God can sink the Titanic ship due to how big it is then God showed him how powerful he is... doh innocents suffers d consequence.

The God we serve does not kill people just because of what they say. However, the Bible says that "By your words, you are justified (saved), by your words, you are also condemned" Matt 12:36. If you pronounce death upon yourself, God would allow it because you desired it. "Whatever you desire, when you pray believe you have recieved it and it would be yours" Mark 11:24.

By that singular declaration, the Engineer or whoever activated something in the spirit. And you know what, God does not violate His Word because He said "... the word that I speak to you now, they are Spirit and life ...". If you arm-twist God with your idle talks, the devil would capitalise on them and there is little God can do as it it your desire.

Someone saying God cannot sink the ship is also implying that God cannot also save it. That is his belief and God would be handicapped as that is his desire

3 Likes

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Konjour(m): 10:55am On Aug 25, 2014
Sile12:
I believe his Name didn't show up on the manifest because he won the ticket 5 minutes to the departure,it was Rose that told his story.

Even if he joined as a stowaway and had been found halfway to New York, his name would have

been found in the ship's manifest and log books. You don't go onboard a passenger ship without

being accounted for. If the rats on the ship could be counted, they would be recorded in those log

books somewhere. The Rose you're talking about was a fictional character. If you choose to

believe in what never happened however, feel free to do so. People have always believed in more

fantasies than what is real.
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by iamord(m): 10:58am On Aug 25, 2014
sunex:

Now i bliv u are an id*iot, u jus an agbero,I dnt discuss wit piple lik u. Broda ode... mayb ur family folo Die for d water, infact nah u suppose first die inside d water.

Mr Sunex let me clear you on some things , I saw your previous post and I thought i contribute to it.. ,and I quote

“For ur info., I av heard of a testified
accident that occured due to the
owner of a car who removed Jesus's
picture frame from a passenger's sit
for other people to occupy, this frame
was kept in boot which also contains
som crates of eggs, wen d accident
occured out of the 6 passengers in d
car only one person survived with
injuries and the car was beyond repair,
will u bliv that none of the eggs in the
boot got cracked, even the picture
frame of Jesus was intact.”

Let me make you know something , the closest pictorial evidence of jesus face is the shroud. Of which its still disputed .. Any other picture you see is not jesus, but a human painted to depict him according to someone's image of him , but by using that picture to depict him you thereby create an idol unconsciously ,so which jesus are you worshiping? secondly, did you bother to research that testimony of the accident? there are so many scenarios to that story, and the one I heard some years back from one of the GO of a top church was that a lady was going out with her friends and her mum said “go with jesus” and the lady said jesus can stay in the booth with the crate of eggs ,then the story follows a similar ending to yours, Asides that its only normal that since someone made such a statement it angered the religious community and a divine curse was expected.. The collapse of the ship thereby added to their 2+2 to the blasphemy case. Am not disputing the fact that there is God and that he won't fail to bring down his wrath if the need be. But you need to reason from different sides cos there are so many sides to the story , with a logical explanation, Do we just close a case because we hear its an act of God? how are we going to learn as humans? One thing that u Must know is that a religious cleric or leader will only bring up cases and scenarios to defend their claims..the titanic, the car accident is also a good example, when the earthquake hit haiti, pat Robertson came out to say that the earthquake happened because of their pact with the devil the signed when they tried to gain freedom, and their present day voodoo practices was suitable to lay Claim..this sent a negative message about the country, but if you look at it in the real contex haiti actually sits on a region with a weak tetonic plate .. Which makes it prone to earthquake, castro also accused USA of using them as a test on a new weapon. So you see there are many sides to the story. Not everything is God but our own carelessness and ignorance! While we must respect God in all endeavors we need to research more as to how events in lif unfold.

2 Likes

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Konjour(m): 11:04am On Aug 25, 2014
Fourwinds:
don't forget some were saved. it wasn't a total destruction. dey were covered by His lovely grace. d way dere will be a separation at d end. its a matter of time

So, those who died when the Titanic sank were sinners innit and those who survived were saints?

2 Likes

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Fourwinds: 11:23am On Aug 25, 2014
Konjour:

So, those who died when the Titanic sank were sinners innit and those who survived were saints?
oh u don't know a sinner can be save at any moment depending on his remorse heart and a saint falling out of grace.! watch ur back. dis world is a mystery...
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Konjour(m): 11:54am On Aug 25, 2014
Fourwinds:
oh u don't know a sinner can be save at any moment depending on his remorse heart and a saint falling out of grace.! watch ur back. dis world is a mystery...

Dude. Don't even try to play the righteousness card in this tragedy. In 1912, ships were allocated

lifeboats based on their gross tonnage and NOT the number of passengers they could carry.

Also, in times of disasters as such, special treatment was often given to Women and Children.

The lifeboats that were launched too had to start evacuating passengers from the top decks

which was occupied by the first class passengers, followed by the middle class passengers.

Thus, much more people died in the lower decks cuz the flooding had gotten to an advanced

stage before it was their turn to board the lifeboats, using your way of reasoning, does that mean

that God saved the first class passengers cuz they were rich and let the poor die cuz they were

poor?! Even the first lifeboats that were launched were nowhere close to being filled cuz people

were scared of boarding the boats as the ship had not really developed a severe list like it did

before it broke amidships. Some people who had been evacuated didn't want to come back cuz

they were scared of the suction effect and that the remaining survivors might swamp their boats.

Some rich people bribed their way into lifeboats cuz they had money but others died cuz they

couldn't. Does that count as God's grace too?! I implore you not to mish mash whatever you don't

understand with whatever you think you do. Think, research, learn the facts and don't always use

the name of God to support mundane things or anything you can't get a grasp of.

All some people have seen about the Titanic here is just the movie and probably a few

Wikipedia footnotes and they believe they know everything about the ship and the disaster

already.

3 Likes

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2014
what still is the meaning of things 'beyond us'.... Na wa o..hw is trying to find out the real tragedy behind the titanic 'beyond us'.

and between the term unsinkable was used in the movie adaptation...i have copy pasted links that buttress these issue..Why cant u do a lil research...even iamord pasted a quote from a link.
'The correct quote is "God Himself
could not sink this ship", not ,"Not
even God can sink this ship" . The
quote actually comes a chapter in
Walter Lord's book A NIGHT TO
REMEMBER. According to Lord, the
line goes back, not to the President of
the White Star Line, but to an article
in SHIPBUILDER magazine, which was
picked up and used in other
publications.
http://www.snopes.com/history/
titanic/un...

Times are changing and we need to be more enlightened and learn to do independent thinking...the world is moving fast and we need to at least do our best to tag along...saying things like 'its beyond human reasoning' is not doing this race any good.
DECOtech: I'm talking of the point you made or tried to make when you mentioned "Nairaland and one sinner" As for human reasoning and things beyond us, all we know was that someone boasted and was shamed. I think this whole argument about who or what sank a ship 100yrs ago is a waste of profitable time.

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by iamord(m): 12:07pm On Aug 25, 2014
Konjour:

They post replies in defense to to their belief. But it has not dawned to them it does not make sense.. Even they themselves hav e denied themselves the room to reason

2 Likes

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by iamord(m): 12:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
Konjour:

Dude. Don't even try to play the righteousness card in this tragedy. In 1912, ships were allocated

lifeboats based on their gross tonnage and NOT the number of passengers they could carry.

Also, in times of disasters as such, special treatment was often given to Women and Children.

The lifeboats that were launched too had to start evacuating passengers from the top decks

which was occupied by the first class passengers, followed by the middle class passengers.

Thus, much more people died in the lower decks cuz the flooding had gotten to an advanced

stage before it was their turn to board the lifeboats, using your way of reasoning, does that mean

that God saved the first class passengers cuz they were rich and let the poor die cuz they were

poor?! Even the first lifeboats that were launched were nowhere close to being filled cuz people

were scared of boarding the boats as the ship had not really developed a severe list like it did

before it broke amidships. Some people who had been evacuated didn't want to come back cuz

they were scared of the suction effect and that the remaining survivors might swamp their boats.

Some rich people bribed their way into lifeboats cuz they had money but others died cuz they

couldn't. Does that count as God's grace too?! I implore you not to mish mash whatever you don't

understand with whatever you think you do. Think, research, learn the facts and don't always use

All some people have seen about the Titanic here is just the movie and probably a few

Wikipedia footnotes and they believe they know everything about the ship and the disaster

already.

When people reason sense is made and we discover more.. U have answered it all. Thumbs up

2 Likes

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 12:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
u trying to mention the hand of God and his works and in the same breath u call someone a bastard.... this is the closest thing to an oxymoron in literature..or ahould i say irony..our xtians sha lipsrsealed
sunex:

U jus a bastard ,go confirm dat frm ur mum and Go and read my comment again, I neva said the removal of d pic caused d accident bt God showed them dat he exist by protecting the crates of eggs. Assuming d pic was left in d car, they mit av bn saved... hope u get it now empty skull.

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 12:17pm On Aug 25, 2014
bro, i think it is really hopeless... for me i get distressed when after having enlightening discussions with a few chinese frds in class on technology and inventions and improving concepts, i come on nairaland and i listen to some 10th century reasoning...i jst get headaches embarassed
Konjour:

already.

2 Likes

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 12:17pm On Aug 25, 2014
grin grin grin grin
Konjour:

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 12:18pm On Aug 25, 2014
its a lost cause
Validated:

The God we serve does not kill people just because of what they say. However, the Bible says that "By your words, you are justified (saved), by your words, you are also condemned" Matt 12:36. If you pronounce death upon yourself, God would allow it because you desired it. "Whatever you desire, when you pray believe you have recieved it and it would be yours" Mark 11:24.

By that singular declaration, the Engineer or whoever activated something in the spirit. And you know what, God does not violate His Word because He said "... the word that I speak to you now, they are Spirit and life ...". If you arm-twist God with your idle talks, the devil would capitalise on them and there is little God can do as it it your desire.

Someone saying God cannot sink the ship is also implying that God cannot also save it. That is his belief and God would be handicapped as that is his desire

grin grin grin
OmoIyaMero:
So "God" killed those innocent souls just to show a man he is God...u making me laff
maybe he should kill all nairalanders cos we have a sexuality section
chloride6:

Why are people this silly

Constantly potraying God to be Evil

So you mean that just to prove his might and power, God had to kill thousands/hundreds of people.

Make una dey try reason una statement

God aint a wicked dude

This I know for sure.

The life of that innocent amount of people is just too fucking much to prove your might.

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by IyfeNamikaze(m): 12:19pm On Aug 25, 2014
uzoexcel: and so becaause of a single journalist, he killed hundreds of people?what is wrong with our xtians and our understanding of God?

a lot of passangers also believed that GOD can't sink the ship.
a lot of people's faith were also to be tested through the disaster .
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 12:21pm On Aug 25, 2014
HOW DID U KNOW O?

IyfeNamikaze:

a lot of passangers also believed that GOD can't sink the ship.
a lot of people's faith were also to be tested through the disaster .

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by princebergz(m): 12:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
Fourwinds:

still...
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
History post on Nairaland.

Argument in comments about who is the better Christian.

NIGERIA!

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
uzoexcel: bro, i think it is really hopeless... for me i get distressed when after having enlightening discussions with a few chinese frds in class on technology and inventions and improving concepts, i come on nairaland and i listen to some 10th century reasoning...i jst get headaches embarassed

^^^

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
Konjour:

already.

Facts, logic, and reasoning on Nairaland? Ahhh, refreshing. Just found someone new to follow.
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by adebayour26: 1:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
Okijajuju1:

Meaning?!
Decode it urself, u are a learned person
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by elvis10ten(m): 2:00pm On Aug 25, 2014
iamord:

Mr Sunex let me clear you on some things , I saw your previous post and I thought i contribute to it.. ,and I quote

“For ur info., I av heard of a testified
accident that occured due to the
owner of a car who removed Jesus's
picture frame from a passenger's sit
for other people to occupy, this frame
was kept in boot which also contains
som crates of eggs, wen d accident
occured out of the 6 passengers in d
car only one person survived with
injuries and the car was beyond repair,
will u bliv that none of the eggs in the
boot got cracked, even the picture
frame of Jesus was intact.”

Let me make you know something , the closest pictorial evidence of jesus face is the shroud. Of which its still disputed .. Any other picture you see is not jesus, but a human painted to depict him according to someone's image of him , but by using that picture to depict him you thereby create an idol unconsciously ,so which jesus are you worshiping? secondly, did you bother to research that testimony of the accident? there are so many scenarios to that story, and the one I heard some years back from one of the GO of a top church was that a lady was going out with her friends and her mum said “go with jesus” and the lady said jesus can stay in the booth with the crate of eggs ,then the story follows a similar ending to yours, Asides that its only normal that since someone made such a statement it angered the religious community and a divine curse was expected.. The collapse of the ship thereby added to their 2+2 to the blasphemy case. Am not disputing the fact that there is God and that he won't fail to bring down his wrath if the need be. But you need to reason from different sides cos there are so many sides to the story , with a logical explanation, Do we just close a case because we hear its an act of God? how are we going to learn as humans? One thing that u Must know is that a religious cleric or leader will only bring up cases and scenarios to defend their claims..the titanic, the car accident is also a good example, when the earthquake hit haiti, pat Robertson came out to say that the earthquake happened because of their pact with the devil the signed when they tried to gain freedom, and their present day voodoo practices was suitable to lay Claim..this sent a negative message about the country, but if you look at it in the real contex haiti actually sits on a region with a weak tetonic plate .. Which makes it prone to earthquake, castro also accused USA of using them as a test on a new weapon. So you see there are many sides to the story. Not everything is God but our own carelessness and ignorance! While we must respect God in all endeavors we need to research more as to how events in lif unfold.
i vote for you as the next president of nigeria
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by sunex: 2:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
[quote author=uzoexcel]u trying to mention the hand of God and his works and in the same breath u call someone a bastard.... this is the closest thing to an oxymoron in literature..or ahould i say irony..our xtians sha lipsrsealed
[/quot

i am nt preaching to him ,if i am i wuldnt hav use an abusive words...
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Fourwinds: 2:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
Konjour:

already.
I'm glade u know dat children and women were first evacuated.....meaning d poor were among. mind u putting d name of God to test is never encourage. if u are not a christian u wouldn't understand what I'm putting across to u. dose who perished doesn't mean dat is d end of deir existence rather if dey are worthy of God's presence its better. rsther being a waste here and waste after-life

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lithuanian Study Visa. Let's Relate / Before And After Photos Of Oshodi, Lagos / Young Girl Helping Her Mum Fry Yam And Akara Crushed By Jeep In Owerri. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.