Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. (54191 Views)

Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki / A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). / 10 Facts About The Titanic That You Don't Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 2:07pm On Aug 25, 2014
of course i made that comment on the spur of the moment!!!!! grin grin grin
Nairaland is where the brains of the world are wink
MissMeiya:

^^^
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 2:11pm On Aug 25, 2014
can u really break down ur point..admittedly my english is not that good and so i find it hard to follow convoluted reasoning
Fourwinds:
I'm glade u know dat children and women were first evacuated.....meaning d poor were among. mind u putting d name of God to test is never encourage. if u are not a christian u wouldn't understand what I'm putting across to u. dose who perished doesn't mean dat is d end of deir existence rather if dey are worthy of God's presence its better. rsther being a waste here and waste after-life
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 25, 2014
uzoexcel: of course i made that comment on the spur of the moment!!!!! grin grin grin
Nairaland is where the brains of the world are wink

I try to tell myself that it's not representative of Nigeria, but I'm afraid.

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 2:16pm On Aug 25, 2014
Well as the normal nigerian says...'It is Well'.
MissMeiya:

I try to tell myself that it's not representative of Nigeria, but I'm afraid.
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 25, 2014
uzoexcel: Well as the normal nigerian says...'It is Well'.

I hate that phrase. Suffering and smiling.

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 2:30pm On Aug 25, 2014
well its rooted in our DNA...we gotta learn to live with it..lol
MissMeiya:

I hate that phrase. Suffering and smiling.
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Fourwinds: 2:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
uzoexcel: can u really break down ur point..admittedly my english is not that good and so i find it hard to follow convoluted reasoning
go and read Job chapter 1.,2.,3. den u will know dere are always contending forces behind d scene. dis world is a mystery...so u watch what u say to people or being boastful

2 Likes

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by sunex: 2:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
iamord:

Mr Sunex let me clear you on some things , I saw your previous post and I thought i contribute to it.. ,and I quote

“For ur info., I av heard of a testified
accident that occured due to the
owner of a car who removed Jesus's
picture frame from a passenger's sit
for other people to occupy, this frame
was kept in boot which also contains
som crates of eggs, wen d accident
occured out of the 6 passengers in d
car only one person survived with
injuries and the car was beyond repair,
will u bliv that none of the eggs in the
boot got cracked, even the picture
frame of Jesus was intact.”

Let me make you know something , the closest pictorial evidence of jesus face is the shroud. Of which its still disputed .. Any other picture you see is not jesus, but a human painted to depict him according to someone's image of him , but by using that picture to depict him you thereby create an idol unconsciously ,so which jesus are you worshiping? secondly, did you bother to research that testimony of the accident? there are so many scenarios to that story, and the one I heard some years back from one of the GO of a top church was that a lady was going out with her friends and her mum said “go with jesus” and the lady said jesus can stay in the booth with the crate of eggs ,then the story follows a similar ending to yours, Asides that its only normal that since someone made such a statement it angered the religious community and a divine curse was expected.. The collapse of the ship thereby added to their 2+2 to the blasphemy case. Am not disputing the fact that there is God and that he won't fail to bring down his wrath if the need be. But you need to reason from different sides cos there are so many sides to the story , with a logical explanation, Do we just close a case because we hear its an act of God? how are we going to learn as humans? One thing that u Must know is that a religious cleric or leader will only bring up cases and scenarios to defend their claims..the titanic, the car accident is also a good example, when the earthquake hit haiti, pat Robertson came out to say that the earthquake happened because of their pact with the devil the signed when they tried to gain freedom, and their present day voodoo practices was suitable to lay Claim..this sent a negative message about the country, but if you look at it in the real contex haiti actually sits on a region with a weak tetonic plate .. Which makes it prone to earthquake, castro also accused USA of using them as a test on a new weapon. So you see there are many sides to the story. Not everything is God but our own carelessness and ignorance! While we must respect God in all endeavors we need to research more as to how events in lif unfold.

U rit bt I must tell u dere are som incidents dat is beyond science proof. Lik d case i said earlier, a car accident that is beyond repair and got piple killed ,despite the force of collision that took place, none of crates of eggs got cracked, wat do u call dat, can science proof dat and d issue of picture, even in d bible, God appeared in form of fire burning on a tree, at that moment dat burning tree shows the presence of God ,if God does nt support the use of sacred images/symbols to represent his presence, I don't tink God will allow that burning tree to show its presence and d holy spirit will nt show its presence on d apostles in form of fire.

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
Sile12: 1. Propellers of The Titanic(1912)

2. Gym aboard the Titanic.(1912)

3. The Titanic in dry dock.
Here you can see the scale of the person standing next to one of the propellers.(1912)

4. Titanic Prepares to Leave Port.(1912)

i can't help but notice Nigeria from the map in the gym grin grin why is it dark colored though

2 Likes

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
Ajuju?
datguru: Did it really happen
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by sunex: 2:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
ikp4succes:

i can't help but notice Nigeria from the map in the gym grin grin why is it dark colored though

It was due to power failure... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 2:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
**sighs**
Fourwinds:
go and read Job chapter 1.,2.,3. den u will know dere are always contending forces behind d scene. dis world is a mystery...so u watch what u say to people or being boastful
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Fourwinds: 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
uzoexcel: **sighs**
dis is anoda one. Luke 13: 1-5.
if u care. it is not a must
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Konjour(m): 3:08pm On Aug 25, 2014
Fourwinds:
I'm glade u know dat children and women were first evacuated.....meaning d poor were among. mind u putting d name of God to test is never encourage. if u are not a christian u wouldn't understand what I'm putting across to u. dose who perished doesn't mean dat is d end of deir existence rather if dey are worthy of God's presence its better. rsther being a waste here and waste after-life

You really mean all you've written up there or you joking?

So if you're a Christian and you die, its better than being alive?

Does being a Christian automatically qualify you for Heaven or am I missing something?

A tragedy happened a century ago which killed thousands of innocent souls and shook the very

foundations of maritime transport but you prefer to dwell on the survivors being saints and the

dead better off dead anyway? I've been mentally hardened to ignore a lot of tripe but people keep

surprising me with how low they can go.

And who said to you that the Women and Children first rule applied all across the three decks of

the Titanic at the same time? If more women survived based on that rule, does that mean that

God loved them more than he loved those who sunk with the ship? I'm a Christian but I think

about things without muddling them up with my religious beliefs at every bend and corner.

Why not procure a gun and go and kill your Pastors whilst hiding behind the demented logic that

they are wasting away here on Earth and you'd rather send them forth to heaven to rest?

The Titanic sank cuz it hit an iceberg which could have been avoided. People died cuz the rate of

flooding exceeded the standard rate that was used by the Naval architects who built it while

calculating its damage stability specifications and thus there wasn't even enough time to launch

all the collapsibles and rafts that could have saved more lives. I could give you a lecture for a

month about the Titanic as a case study but please don't you come on a public forum and claim

that people who died were sinners and thus were not worthy of being saved from drowning and

Hypothermia because all the lifeboats were already filled with saints. Man, you're shocking. undecided

2 Likes

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
Konjour:

Does being a Christian automatically qualify you for Heaven or am I missing something?

A tragedy happened a century ago which killed thousands of innocent souls and shook the very

foundations of maritime transport but you prefer to dwell on the survivors being saints and the

dead better off dead anyway? I've been mentally hardened to ignore a lot of tripe but people keep

And who said to you that the Women and Children first rule applied all across the three decks of

the Titanic at the same time? If more women survived based on that rule, does that mean that

God loved them more than he loved those who sunk with the ship? I'm a Christian but I think

about things without muddling them up with my religious beliefs at every bend and corner.

Why not procure a gun and go and kill your Pastors whilst hiding behind the demented logic that

they are wasting away here on Earth and you'd rather send them forth to heaven to rest?

The Titanic sank cuz it hit an iceberg which could have been avoided. People died cuz the rate of

flooding exceeded the standard rate that was used by the Naval architects who built it while

calculating its damage stability specifications and thus there wasn't even enough time to launch

all the collapsibles and rafts that could have saved more lives. I could give you a lecture for a

month about the Titanic as a case study but please don't you come on a public forum and claim

that people who died were sinners and thus were not worthy of being saved from drowning and

Hypothermia because all the lifeboats were already filled with saints. Man, you're shocking. undecided

Yesssssss. Oh man, I'm in love.

2 Likes

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by enomakos(m): 3:19pm On Aug 25, 2014
tuffgongjo: here is someone who knows his history properly,there was a merchant seaman named Morgan Robertson who wrote about an "unsinkable" ship that struck an iceberg try check the guy out$see how some people use the pen for prophesy even if they did it as fiction.

ok i will check it out man
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Fourwinds: 3:21pm On Aug 25, 2014
Konjour:

I quite understand d perspective u are looking at it...u don't want it religion. fine what about dis 1kings 22:13-40. here a king was spoken of how he murdered anoda man. but he got a lying tongue encouraging him to go to war. did he perished alone.? no. dose soldiers who fought for him also perished. ok what about d soldiers life., were dey all bad. dats y I said live well in His grace because death can come at any time. Luke 13: 1-5

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2014
i looked up the verses and i dont still get ur point. what is the correlation of the quotes to what is been discussed on this thread
Fourwinds:
dis is anoda one. Luke 13: 1-5. and job 1,2,3
if u care. it is not a must
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 3:25pm On Aug 25, 2014
@konjour..u waste ur time

Fourwinds:
I quite understand d perspective u are looking at it...u don't want it religion. fine what about dis 1kings 22:13-40. here a king was spoken of how he murdered anoda man. but he got a lying tongue encouraging him to go to war. did he perished alone.? no. dose soldiers who fought for him also perished. ok what about d soldiers life., were dey all bad. dats y I said live well in His grace because death can come at any time. Luke 13: 1-5
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by enomakos(m): 3:26pm On Aug 25, 2014
[quote author=tuffgongjo]here is someone who knows his history properly,there was a merchant seaman named Morgan Robertson who wrote about an "unsinkable" ship that struck an iceberg try check the guy out$see how some people use the pen for prophesy even if they did it as fiction.
[/quote

i just google him and it was amazing `
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 3:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
u gat sharp eyes
think it means new race discovered...yet to be classified grin grin
ikp4succes:

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 3:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
the effectiveness of research
pls tell people like fourwinds to make effective use of google

and lastly do u know that morgan was poisoned to death months later after the titanic mishap...a coincidence, no?
[quote author=enomakos][/quote]
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Konjour(m): 3:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
Fourwinds:

Using this picture you're painting, that means there must have been someone that was doomed

and was set to be destroyed by God on the ship, and the other passengers were just the most

unfortunate people in the whole world that day for being caught in the wrong place at the wrong

place innit? Hmmm. I think you must be a reincarnate of one of those 3 wise men from the East

cuz I can see you're an excellent fusion of rational reasoning and spiritual intellect. You rock man!

More water for your camel. I've been infused with truckloads of wisdom from you today and I'm

immensely grateful. Cheers! cool

2 Likes

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Konjour(m): 3:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
uzoexcel: @konjour..u waste ur time

I've been blessed with enough knowledge to last me through this lifetime in one day hombre.

Fourwinds is a genius. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 4:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
Sarcasm 101...A compulsory and 'must-read' course grin grin grin grin
Konjour:

Using this picture you're painting, that means there must have been someone that was doomed

and was set to be destroyed by God on the ship, and the other passengers were just the most

unfortunate people in the whole world that day for being caught in the wrong place at the wrong

place innit? Hmmm. I think you must be a reincarnate of one of those 3 wise men from the East

cuz I can see you're an excellent fusion of rational reasoning and spiritual intellect. You rock man!

More water for your camel. I've been infused with truckloads of wisdom from you today and I'm

immensely grateful. Cheers! cool

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 4:07pm On Aug 25, 2014
@fourwinds:take note of the bolded

Futility, or the Wreck of the Titan is an 1898 novella written by Morgan Robertson. The story features the ocean liner Titan, which sinks in the North Atlantic after striking an iceberg. The Titan and its sinking have been noted to be very similar to the real-life passenger ship RMS Titanic, which sank fourteen years later. Following the wreck the novel was reissued with some changes, particularly in the ship's gross tonnage.[1]

Similarities to the Titanic

Although the novel was written before the RMS Titanic was even conceptualized, there are some uncanny similarities between both the fictional and real-life versions. Like the Titanic, the fictional ship sank in April in the North Atlantic, and there were not enough lifeboats for the passengers. There are also similarities between the size (800 ft (244 m) long for Titan versus 882 ft 9 in (269 m) long for the Titanic[2]), speed (25 knots for Titan, 22.5 knots for Titanic[3]) and life-saving equipment.

Beyond the name, the similarities between the Titanic and the fictional Titan include:[4]

Both were triple screw (propeller)
Described as "unsinkable"
Contrary to Urban Legend, the Titanic was never actually qualified as "unsinkable" before she sank.[5]
The Titan was the largest craft afloat and the greatest of the works of men (800 feet, displacing 75,000 tons, up from 45,000 in the 1898 edition), and was deemed "practically unsinkable" (as quoted in Robertson's book).
Shortage of lifeboats
The Titanic carried only 16 lifeboats, plus 4 Engelhardt folding lifeboats,[6] less than half the number required for her passenger and crew capacity of 3000.
The Titan carried "as few as the law allowed", 24 lifeboats, less than half needed for her 3000 capacity.
Struck an iceberg
Moving at 22½ knots,[7] the Titanic struck an iceberg on the starboard side on the night of April 14, 1912, in the North Atlantic, 400 nautical miles (740 km; 460 mi) away from Newfoundland.
Moving at 25 knots, The Titan also struck an iceberg on the starboard side on an April night in the North Atlantic, 400 nautical miles (740 km; 460 mi) from Newfoundland (Terranova).
Sinking
The Titanic sank, and more than half of her 2200 passengers and crew died.
The Titan also sank, and more than half of her 2500 passengers drowned.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Titan_%28fictional_ship%29

Note:U can get all the information u want on the internet..Else, going with the way some of y'all reason here, its nt surprising that the black man ll never get to the moon.
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Infoay: 4:14pm On Aug 25, 2014
hmmmm
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Fourwinds: 4:16pm On Aug 25, 2014
Konjour:

I've been blessed with enough knowledge to last me through this lifetime in one day hombre.

Fourwinds is a genius. cheesy
thanks man. u know we had a similar scenario with prophet Jonah who was running away from God in a ship. it took d grace of God to save dat ship and Jonah was thrown away into d sea. dats y I said dis world is a mystery. sometimes when I see things I just remain quiet. a lot of things have deir genesis unknow to dose who happen to be there at dat particular time

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by enomakos(m): 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2014
uzoexcel: the effectiveness of research
pls tell people like fourwinds to make effective use of google

and lastly do u know that morgan was poisoned to death months later after the titanic mishap...a coincidence, no?

poison?i thought it is heart attack?
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
nairaland s reallly a source of comic relief!!!!!
Fourwinds:
thanks man. u know we had a similar scenario with prophet Jonah who was running away from God in a ship. it d grace of God to save dat ship and Jonah was thrown away into d sea. dats y I said dis world is a mystery. sometimes when I see things I just remain quiet. a lot of things have deir genesis unknow to dose who happen to be there at dat particular time

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 4:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
its mere speculation i ll add but then there r so many theories and players in the titanic imbroglio... when u free google 'J.P Morgan, John Astor and the titanic'..u would really be shocked
enomakos:

poison?i thought it is heart attack?

i ll add some quotes when i do

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 25, 2014
Fourwinds:
thanks man. u know we had a similar scenario with prophet Jonah who was running away from God in a ship. it took d grace of God to save dat ship and Jonah was thrown away into d sea. dats y I said dis world is a mystery. sometimes when I see things I just remain quiet. a lot of things have deir genesis unknow to dose who happen to be there at dat particular time

He was being sarcastic. He doesn't actually think you're a genius...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Pleasure Park Night Views (Photos) / American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians / Young Girl Helping Her Mum Fry Yam And Akara Crushed By Jeep In Owerri. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.