Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. (54213 Views)

Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki / A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). / 10 Facts About The Titanic That You Don't Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by solidman59(m): 10:55pm On Aug 24, 2014
To add to what you've said, it also makes me wonder how we challenge the very essence of our existence. Some1 said even God himself couldn't sink that ship but we can see what an iceberg did to eat. Pride really goes b4 a downfall. #science and faith#
JustCare: Anytime I remember this incident of April 12 1912 I feel a sudden sense of calm overwhelming me...something that really makes my soul sobber.
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 24, 2014
babseg: Lol titanic ship was cursed

"Titanic is unsinkable, even God himself could not sink this ship"

i could remember a guys said dat wen dey where about leaving, so God shows dem how mighty dey are and he sank the ship
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by DECOtech(m): 11:00pm On Aug 24, 2014
babseg: Lol titanic ship was cursed

"Titanic is unsinkable, even God himself could not sink this ship"
So, who sank the Titanic?
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Ishilove: 11:00pm On Aug 24, 2014
macklef:
So, apparently the whole love scene was a fiction right?
Yes it was. Artistic license.

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by DECOtech(m): 11:04pm On Aug 24, 2014
benkings: u mean God is not a loving God..how can a loving God choose to sink a ship just show he is God when he can simply wipe out poverty to prove he is God.
You remind me of the conversation between Lucifer and Jesus after his 40day n 40night fast.
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by solara: 11:06pm On Aug 24, 2014
trustedward: original photo of jack Dawson

Jack Dawson is a fictional character...
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Shokoloko(f): 11:08pm On Aug 24, 2014
freshness2020: Wheun I remember Titanic , I see how Great God can be.. He is ǻƪƪ and ǻƪƪ ..the Owner tried God and God really show him Who He is.

Pls God did not show the owner anything. Before people come and say God sank the ship, He did not!
The titanic was warned severally about the iceberg. The captain and crew chose to sink that ship by not heeding the warnings.
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by elvis10ten(m): 11:10pm On Aug 24, 2014
sunex: Even Jesus said it, wen d satan asked Jesus to fall down frm high building and ask his angels to help him so he wont hit himself against stone,Jesus said neva put ur God to test... the man Test God's power wrongly and he.survived and live to see the power of God...God owns the life of both good and bad person on earth, so he chooses wat to do wit it... who knowd weda those Innocent souls that died in Titanic gained heaven as a result of d incident irrespective of their sin. He is God and he owns everything, he is unquestionable
beta tfy. so if i try God on nairaland, then he should kill all the nairalanders because of my sin. another thunder fire you again, because they will might go to heaven is not an excuse. tfy again, how many atheist have dared God and how many have died because of it ?. tfy. So because God owns there life and his action are unquestionable is not a valid reason. i wonder the type of God you serve, because mine is not like yours. xtians
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by freshness2020: 11:14pm On Aug 24, 2014
Shokoloko:

Pls God did not show the owner anything. Before people come and say God sank the ship, He did not!
The titanic was warned severally about the iceberg. The captain and crew chose to sink that ship by not heeding the warnings.
My dear God works in a mysterious ways!
Ways beyond men comprehension.
Don't have the notion that God sees things the way we men do..one can't be wiser than his creator!

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by BodyKiss(m): 11:16pm On Aug 24, 2014
freshness2020:
♈όϋ can't mock God and go free....♈όϋ don't have to blame God on this.

Shut up already. You speak as if you had conversation with God about the whole thing. Mr. sabi sabi.

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by DECOtech(m): 11:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
uzoexcel: if one person on nairaland was a sinner, would God kill all of us because of that person? Remember when Abraham was praying for the people living in sodom and Gommorah..And God said he would spare the town if he could find at least 10 people who were clean and sinless. If he could do that, why wont he do for the titanic ship..
Was it everyone on the Titanic that died? What would you say about the woman who lived to tell the story at a very old age? Can we Pls stop tryn to use human reasoning to explain things that are beyond us?
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by freshness2020: 11:20pm On Aug 24, 2014
BodyKiss:

Shut up already. You speak as if you had conversation with God about the whole thing. Mr. sabi sabi.
Thank ♈όϋ , but I didn't remember talking to ♈όϋ Mr!
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 11:22pm On Aug 24, 2014
wat exactly is ur point? hope u dont wanna say that the people who died were sinners grin grin grin ?

and what is the meaning of 'Pls stop tryn to use human reasoning to explain things that are beyond us?'? what exactly is wrong with us? u never heard of doing research
DECOtech: Was it everyone on the Titanic that died? What would you say about the woman who lived to tell the story at a very old age? Can we Pls stop tryn to use human reasoning to explain things that are beyond us?
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 11:23pm On Aug 24, 2014
pls tell 'em...i tire for the way people reason on this forum..very soon someone ll say ebola is an act of God
Shokoloko:

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 11:26pm On Aug 24, 2014
and so he decided to wipe out almost the whole peeps who boarded the ship cos of one statement?kai...

just google 'J.P Morgan and the titanic' and u ll see so many alternate theories on the sinking...research s the way forward
solidman59: To add to what you've said, it also makes me wonder how we challenge the very essence of our existence. Some1 said even God himself couldn't sink that ship but we can see what an iceberg did to eat. Pride really goes b4 a downfall. #science and faith#

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 11:27pm On Aug 24, 2014
going by the level of reasoning in this thread, i think we jst came out of nowhere man....its a pity seriously
alobam1: So funny that as at that time in 1912 when Europe and America where making their mistakes and co-correcting themselves.Building ships as mighty as the Titanic,Africa was still in the very very Dark ages..Leaves me with that question,Are we Black Africans made by God or we just came out of no-where..I cant seem to comprehend at all

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by princebergz(m): 11:27pm On Aug 24, 2014
freshness2020:
There is nothing crappy about my post...
They were so unfortunate to have boarded that ship! One nids to be strong in prayers! Things beyond our comprehension happen everyday!

exactly... May God be with us and guide us. have a brilliant week

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by simdam500(m): 11:29pm On Aug 24, 2014
Okoberry:

God Himself sank it to prove that He is God.
not even with an external forces(eg shark) was invited, but with same source they voyage on... Water to ice...

Awesomeness

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 11:30pm On Aug 24, 2014
i may need to quit nairaland
freshness2020:
There is nothing crappy about my post...
They were so unfortunate to have boarded that ship! One nids to be strong in prayers! Things beyond our comprehension happen everyday!
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 11:31pm On Aug 24, 2014
if only people will do a lil research...sometimes i wonder
iamord: Found out someone actually said that .. But read below what I call an intellect respond to the titanic issue.. Doomsday preachers tend to capitalize on negatives to validate their Views and points, the haiti earthquake and this ebola is a good example.. Blamed on the wrong thing,

Larry R answered 6 years ago
A) RMS Titanic was owned by the
White Star Line, which itself was
owned by International Merchan
Marine, an Anglo-American
Conglomerate, which was in turn
largely owned by J.P.Morgan.
Bottom line...you got the name
wrong.
B) RMS Titanic sank at 2:20AM (local
time) April 15, 1912. There was NO
"worldwide Raido" in 1912.
Bottom line...you got ANOTHER fact
wrong.
C) The correct quote is "God Himself
could not sink this ship", not ,"Not
even God can sink this ship" . The
quote actually comes a chapter in
Walter Lord's book A NIGHT TO
REMEMBER. According to Lord, the
line goes back, not to the President of
the White Star Line, but to an article
in SHIPBUILDER magazine, which was
picked up and used in other
publications.
http://www.snopes.com/history/
titanic/un...
Hint...get your facts straight if you
want someone to take you seriously.
D) Titanic sank because she was
moving at to high a rate of speed in a
known icefield. She hit the berg on
her starboard side. The impact
crumpled hull plates and snapped
rivets, resulting in flooding in six of
her sixteen major watertight
compartments. She was designed so
that up to five compartments could
flood and she would still float. This is
a good discussion of the sinking.
http://www.writing.eng.vt.edu/uer/
basset...
A quick quote. "The damage caused
by the collision allowed water to flood
six of the sixteen major watertight
compartments. As water rushed into
the starboard side of the ship's bow,
the ship began to tilt down in front
and slightly to the right. By midnight,
water in the damaged compartments
began to spill over into others
because the compartments were
watertight only horizontally and the
walls extended only a few feet above
waterline. By 1:20 a.m., water began
flooding through anchor-chain holes.
Around 2:00, as the bow continued
submerging, the propellers in the
stern were lifted out of the water.
Flooding progressed until, at about
2:10, the bow of the ship was under
water and the stern was lifted out of
the water almost 45 degrees.
Because of the tremendous weight of
the three large propellers in the stern
of the ship, the stresses in the ship's
midsection increased immensely as
the stern was lifted out of the water.
At an angle of 45 degrees or more,
the stresses in the midsection
exceeded the ultimate stresses of
the steel and the steel failed."
Again...always helps to know what
you are talking about.
E) As it was, Titanic faired remarkably
well in the sinking, Lusitania sank in
only 15 min when she was torpedoed
by a German U-Boat three years
later. Here is a good source http://
www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/lin...
Final points.
The Sinking of the Royal Mail Steamer
TITANIC had nothing to do with Divine
retebution and everything to do with
negligent operation of the vessel by
the captian and crew. They were
overconfident, and they were not
familar with the ship. TITANIC was a
wonderful ship, but, as witnessed by
her sister ship OLYMPIC's colision with
the HMS Hawke a few months earlier
http://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/
oly... the ship was very large, and
very powerful and very new... nobody
had a lot of experience in handling
ships that size becuase up until very
recently there had never been ships
that size before.
If you honestly think God deliberately
sank the Titanic, you have an
astonishly poor grasp of even the
basic truths of Christianity

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by freshness2020: 11:32pm On Aug 24, 2014
princebergz:

exactly... May God be with us and guide us. have a brilliant week
Thanks sir.
Do have a blessed week ahead.
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Shokoloko(f): 11:34pm On Aug 24, 2014
alobam1: So funny that as at that time in 1912 when Europe and America where making their mistakes and co-correcting themselves.Building ships as mighty as the Titanic,Africa was still in the very very Dark ages..Leaves me with that question,Are we Black Africans made by God or we just came out of no-where..I cant seem to comprehend at all

Africa was not in the dark ages then, it is now that africa is sliding into the darkest of ages.
Then, africa was enlightened, but the books written by whites dont tell u that. They tell u africans were dumb, savage and everything bad
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by revolt(m): 11:36pm On Aug 24, 2014
See what our fellow humans were building in 1910.!! Blackmaaaaaan ooooooo!!

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by simdam500(m): 11:37pm On Aug 24, 2014
rill: Who snap d pix abeg
u truely dont want to know

If we had coloured camera then, the world would have appreciated the picture the more
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by iamord(m): 11:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
uzoexcel: i may need to quit nairaland

I was considering doing that cos I feel sad for majority of the brains here. They hardly add value to ones life

2 Likes

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by slimjordan(m): 11:49pm On Aug 24, 2014
Don't play with GOD even if his is silent
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 24, 2014
I love and hate this movie at the same time.
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Konjour(m): 11:56pm On Aug 24, 2014
Sile12:
Though I wasn't there,but what about the Jack's drawings the Mariners(Brock Lovett), searching for Hearth of the Ocean(Diamond) found in the safe in Rose's room&other things that connected the two lovers

The drawings were originally made by James Cameron, the Canadian film director and producer

who was in charge of the movie production. There was no Jack Dawson on the Titanic. That's a

fact that is undisputed. If you go to the Merseyside Maritime Museum at Albert Dock, here in

Liverpool, you'd find the original passenger manifest and you won't find any Jack Dawson there.

There was a Joseph Dawson and he's NOT the Jack portrayed in the movie.

So like I had said before, the Titanic disaster was real, and most of the facts were beautifully

presented in the movie with superb special effects, however to generate an even deeper

connection with the audience and to squeeze as much emotion out of all those who would watch

it, the fictional Jack and Rose story was chucked in for astounding measure and it definitely paid

off as we can all attest to. In the real disaster, there were just 37 seconds between the time of

sighting the iceberg to the time at which it grazed the hull of the ship, there were no Jack and

Rose kissing on the main deck to distract the men in the crow's nest.

Everything happened in the blink of an eye, laziness played a part, negligence played a part,

a non uniform code of distress signals played a part, the construction of the ship and its aft

expansion joint with the height of its bulkheads played a part, but overall sheer rotten luck took

them all down to watery graves.

The movie would be no different to the documentary of a tragedy if the additional tit-bits were

not added to spice it up.

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Strongbest(m): 12:03am On Aug 25, 2014

Words!!! Made me laugh though.

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by oloriadejoke(f): 12:14am On Aug 25, 2014
freshness2020: When I remember Titanic , I see how Great God can be.. He is ǻƪƪ and ǻƪƪ ..the Owner tried God and God really show him Who He is.
yes u are right but what I could remember that when he was asked how strong is the titanic his reply was that even God cannot sink it you can just imagine a foolish words from a foolish man .these will teach us never 2 underate God he is not our mate
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by davidif: 12:15am On Aug 25, 2014
datguru: Did it really happen

As a matter if fact, it did.
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Danhumprey: 12:30am On Aug 25, 2014
glitest: I love and hate this movie at the same time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians / Lithuanian Study Visa. Let's Relate / Port Harcourt Pleasure Park Night Views (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.