Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Get More Posts Or Die Trying? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Get More Posts Or Die Trying? (2684 Views)

ASUU Strike Enters Do-or-die Stage / Live In Lekki Or Die Trying. / People Who Have 5 000 Posts Or More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by Christino(m): 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2006
Make sure u don't churn when you click this link, this is a typical example. (NO OFFENCE still)

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-5272.192.html

-you don't have to agree with me, but see for yourself.
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by goodguy(m): 10:47pm On Jul 27, 2006
Christino, you're so right. 

You know, it's usually annoying, when, during an ongoing serious discourse, you begin to see posts like, "hey, long time. whats up witchu?", "hey where hv u been, i missed ya kiss", "hey girl, sup?" (very typical of diddy & wives), and so on; till the thread eventually turns into yet another chatroom.

For God's sake!! People, this is a forum, not a chatroom!!! If you all want to chat, why don't you fix a date and time, and pick a yahoo chat room where you can all meet?

I atimes wonder if some people are really the age they claim. tongue
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by gigitte(f): 12:51am On Jul 28, 2006
diddy and wives. cheesy
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by Christino(m): 2:58pm On Jul 28, 2006
goodguy:

Christino, you're so right.

You know, it's usually annoying, when, during an ongoing serious discourse, you begin to see posts like, "hey, long time. whats up witchu?", "hey where hv u been, i missed ya kiss", "hey girl, sup?" (very typical of diddy & wives), and so on; till the thread eventually turns into yet another chatroom.

For God's sake!! People, this is a forum, not a chatroom!!! If you all want to chat, why don't you fix a date and time, and pick a yahoo chat room where you can all meet?

I atimes wonder if some people are really the age they claim. tongue

So damn true you know. The truth could be funny @ times grin
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by Efani(m): 5:32pm On Jul 28, 2006
i hav noticed that too
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by diddy4(m): 3:53am On Jul 29, 2006
@goodguy
you know i like it when people hate on me right? good. keep it up hater.
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by nilla(f): 3:59am On Jul 29, 2006
Is nairaland complaining about space yet

On this I take a middle ground, because while I agree that there are some threads that are not necessary, at the same time if people are happy with it, i dont think it should really matter to others.
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by diddy4(m): 4:05am On Jul 29, 2006
@nilla
bless kiss
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by nilla(f): 4:06am On Jul 29, 2006
kiss diddy4
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by diddy4(m): 4:11am On Jul 29, 2006
awww, aint you sweet. wink smiley kiss
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by nilla(f): 4:11am On Jul 29, 2006
lol
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by diddy4(m): 4:12am On Jul 29, 2006
smiley smiley smiley smiley glad u smiling. wink
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by nilla(f): 4:13am On Jul 29, 2006
yup

i am

smiley smiley smiley
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by diddy4(m): 4:14am On Jul 29, 2006
nice.
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by Christino(m): 2:34pm On Jul 29, 2006
more evidence please, more more more. So Afeni, FYI.
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by retro(f): 3:51pm On Jul 29, 2006
Christino:

more evidence please, more more more. So Afeni, FYI.

I almost said that.
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by goodguy(m): 11:06pm On Jul 29, 2006
diddy4:

@goodguy
you know i like it when people hate on me right? good. keep it up hater.

When one has got nothing to say in defence of himself, this is the type of statement that usually comes from that person in situations like this. 

No, I am not hating on you (why should I?).  I have only said it as it is (as you have proven and even confirmed again yourself, by almost turning this thread into something else with nilla) - THE TRUTH!

nilla:

Is nairaland complaining about space yet
Not at all.

nilla:

On this I take a middle ground, because while I agree that there are some threads that are not necessary, at the same time if people are happy with it, i don't think it should really matter to others.
Madam, are you sure you're following this thread at all?  To be precise, are you sure you read my post?   No one is talking or complaining about unnecessary threads (there are thousands of them already).  Rather, my main concern is the way serious threads are usually turned into chatrooms, as has been exhibited by you and diddy in the last few posts.  If at all the thread is not a serious one, does that still give room for deviating away from the topic? 

You guys are very lucky that Seun is now kind of lenient.  In the past, he would ban you straight away as soon as you even attempt to deviate from the topic, and susbsequently, your post gets deleted.

@Christino & Retro:  At least, you guys now get to see for yourselves that I wasn't particularly picking on diddy for no reason.  He just confirmed my previous post by himself. wink
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by nilla(f): 12:27am On Jul 30, 2006
@ goodguy,

My response was really to the topic, not to you in particular.

I dont like people deviating from the topic, but the one with me and diddy4 was not a serious deviation. it was just like saying hi (very casual). if you want to see the real deviation, go to the thread on african women saying stupid things, then you will understand how deviated it is.
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by Christino(m): 12:27am On Jul 30, 2006
Can you paste the link to that thread? I'd like to update my statistics please.
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by nilla(f): 12:33am On Jul 30, 2006
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by diddy4(m): 12:38am On Jul 30, 2006
@christino and goodguy

you guys must be really jobless to be noticing my every move. wow, thats nice. y'all should keep it up and please have my back anytime i slack willl ya? good.

@nilla
you are even bugging yourself about this. see, ones a thread is created in the offtopic posting, you can deviate and say whatever you wann@ say cuzz seun aint interested in offtopic postings. but dont deviate in any other section cuzz he might ban your ass.lol.
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by nilla(f): 4:18am On Jul 30, 2006
Ok

didn't know that
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by goodguy(m): 4:32pm On Jul 30, 2006
No, diddy; I am not jobless. As you may have noticed, I log on to nairaland mostly at night, except on weekends like this.

Due to the fact that you are a very frequent poster on NL, it isn't difficult at all noticing most of your posts on the forum.

ones a thread is created in the offtopic posting, you can deviate and say whatever you wann@ say cuzz seun aint interested in offtopic postings
Even on some serious threads, you, diddy, still deviate [usually by sending unnecessary greetings to your 'wives' in the middle of serious discussions]. It may interest you to know that this board was originally named chatterbox, but was only renamed as 'offtopic', probably when Seun saw that even the chatterbox topics were completely being deviated from - thanks to people like you.
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by diddy4(m): 4:21am On Jul 31, 2006
you are welcome.
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by hotangel2(f): 5:15pm On Jul 31, 2006
Joblessness Does alot of nonsense to people.

And yes im speaking from experience. All through last summer, God help me. I was VERY JOBLESS. Thus explaining how i accumulated so many posts counts.

The only difference with my posts and the posts being made today by some 'kids', who claim to be adults, is that, I'm PROUD to say that about 85%(if not more) of my posts made (makes) sense, and weren't just Nonsense talking about . . . "how are you" and "Haha" stuff.  I wasn't serious all the time, hell i was just trying to catch some fun on a website because i was BORED the fxck out of my mind. But just because im on a website trying to catch some fun didn't give me the go-ahead to 'act dumb and stupid'. Forgive me, but that's what majority of people do best on Nairaland these days (act dumb and stupid). Hiding under the shell that "THEY ARE ON A FORUM TRYING TOP CATCH SOME FUN".

Don't want to brag, but hell im proud of myself, getting compliments from guys that are 30 sumtin, telling me they can't believe im a teenager from the posts i make.  of course, not all of the posts, But like i said earlier MAJORITY! Nobody is perfect, and uhmm, im not trying to be a "professor" on a website, so i still had some fun.

The kind of posts i read these days make me wonder if being 'dumb and stupid' is the way for teenagers, and even some grown ass people consider as being "cool". I mean, i have no right to Curse anybody that has Alot of post counts, but at least could u be known for making reasonable posts and not just arrant nonsense. All work n no play makes jack a dull boy. U can chit-chat once in a while, but at least show some sense of intelligence. Dnt be known as the dumb girl, or boy.

With teenagers like Wesleyan, nike4luv, goodguy and some that i can't even remember (i know there r more though), I found it like a challenge to go on head and show that i gots what it take to be smart back in the day. I mean I read their posts and im like,  DAYUM, Watever i say must be better than what they've said. For me i found it more of a competition to show that, Uhnn im young and i'm smart. it even got a stage i took it as a challenge to compete with the elders such as Layi, vexxy, nferyn, Greatpeter, and them rest.

But these days, u read some posts from people that are EVEN older than you, and you get sick to the stomach, U just lose interest in replying to the topic. Especially after getting a captivating topic, and then going in to see that the thread has been demolished by some kids who had nothing else to say than "i miss you so and so,  kiss". I  mean that's annoying for real, especially when u see the same people do it on EVERY DAMN thread.

U could go offtopic once a while, but don't make it something u do at all times. The games section is meant for that. I remember we used to do Most of our chit chat back then in the games forum. kai! BTW, where's chinani and Zahymaka?

I'll stop here now, i just thought i could say a few words.  I swear i didn't mean to start preaching. And No, im not acting as if i KNOW-IT-ALL. Hell, i have the highest number of posts on this damn website, That's enough reason for people to get on my case. But uhmm, im just saying what i want to say.  smiley

P.S I laugh at the way i say "back then, cos this was like wat, some months ago?" lol, NL has grown men! cheesy
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 31, 2006
Lizzy why did u type a damn novel?
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by retro(f): 5:37pm On Jul 31, 2006
K2DaC:

Lizzy why did u type a damn novel?

You know what's sad? I read the novel.
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 31, 2006
lmfao i read like the first sentence. cheesy

i still luv ya lizzy
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by retro(f): 5:44pm On Jul 31, 2006
I read it because it was interesting! Very well constructed. Unlike most people who write novels. You actually fall asleep while reading them.

Example of boring posts; I luv u, were hve u bn? kiss kiss cry cry grin grin cheesy cheesy wink wink
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 31, 2006
dont make that lil girl head go haywire.
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by Christino(m): 5:51pm On Jul 31, 2006
She's damn right.

Her summary, i believe is "You don't need to croak to be heard". You can accumulate posts but not in an annoying manner like going OP all the time.

That's exactly the bottomline of the thread.
Re: Get More Posts Or Die Trying? by retro(f): 5:53pm On Jul 31, 2006
Although going OP sometimes makes the thread fun BUT posts like; i luv u kiss kiss kiss is just a huge NO. Also, the smilies are being over used!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Professional Mourners For Hire / Rice Pyramids In Kebbi State (photos) / Nollywood Actor Kanayo O. Kanayo Is Now A Deliverance Pastor (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.