Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? (23145 Views)

Why Do Some Married Women Enjoy Their Husband Begging For Sex? / Angry Wife Exposes Chat Messages Between Her Husband And Other Women!!! / Her Husband Ogles Other Women....... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by Originalsly: 9:41am On Aug 27, 2014
crackhaus: Put a black woman on a steady monthly income of just a few thousand, she starts to feel like Oprah. -Anonymous.

When a black woman is lucky enough to marry a rich man, she acts like she's Beyonce. -Anonymous.

Most Nigerian women are in the habit of constantly trying to size each other up and as a result of this, they may look down on other women who do not measure up to them in wealth, income, social standing, and class.
I have noticed that it is easier for men to relate and mix freely with other men of lower class than it is of women to do same.

And finally, just as this poster succinctly put it:
You hit the nail on the head! These power hungry women are the ones that see hell when they travel abroad and have to leave the big girl and higher class and drama behind.
Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by Blockus: 9:52am On Aug 27, 2014
LIke this

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by Amhappy(f): 10:04am On Aug 27, 2014
OP's eg is not directly a woman to woman problem but madam -maid. I bet the woman will do same thing if her servant is a boy. That said,women are still their own worst enemies. Envy and unncessary competition are the major factor.
Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by Akalia(m): 10:20am On Aug 27, 2014
Become a Transformation Ambassador of Nigeria(TAN) and enjoy great membership benefit. Click http://tan.org.ng/onestar/register.php?id=169176
Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 27, 2014
There's so no point trying to bring in gender issues to the topic. This is not about a woman or women's attitude towards their fellow women but a case of sheer wickedness and evil. If a man had done that to a fellow man, nobody would sensationalize the problem; if a woman did it to a man, nobody would too.
We should see ourselves as human beings first before bringing up gender issues to politicize our problems.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by Sunshinelady(f): 10:26am On Aug 27, 2014
5minsmadness:
But come on now, women do this more!
Women are their own worst enemies.
They'll be the one to beat up the female house help who most times is also a female.

They'll be the first one to remind their colleagues in full hearing of everybody that the colleague still doesnt have a child after 2yrs marriage. 2years only!angry

They'll be the one to gather friends to naked a concubine in public.

They'll be the one to supress their female counterpart in the same jobspace as them.

They'll be the ones to insist their sons don't marry the girl of his dreams. A woman stopping a fellow woman from getting married angry

Have you ever seen a father-in-law chase out his son's wife after just 2yrs of marriage cos they haven been able to get pregnant? I haven't . its usually the mother-in-law, a fellow woman!! angry

Pls am getting emotional. Let me stop here.
. My dear, its true o. My boss (a woman) did it to me som days ago. I came to work o, looking dashing & smart, she was adressin me, her husband was there too, come & see d rude way she talked to me, (whethr she wanted to show her hubby dat she was in charge , I hav no idea). I just walked out when I culdnt take it again, cos I wuld av bn tempted to react if I stayed there, she didn't even mind dat my own jnrs were there. Dats women 4u. But if u know ur self worth & wit God by ur side, no antagonism will shake u

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by Sunshinelady(f): 10:44am On Aug 27, 2014
snazzylove:

Yeah you are right. But guys always got each others back, a woman would rather help in pulling you down while pretending to be a friend.
Most women are never happy when a fellow woman is presumed to be doing better than them.
I call it envy!
. I once had one gf (or so I tot), I took her as a sister, brought her close to me, was always quick to defend her wen d need arose. Only 4me to discover later dat she was envying & beefin me, she started puttin up som funny attitudes. Mehn I just giv her space sharperly, now she's beginnin to com back , but its too late, I can't take chances wit dat kine personality. Now if I must keep female frends dey must be xtremely mature, pple dat can add value to my life, not constitute nuissance

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by ask4bk(m): 10:45am On Aug 27, 2014
This à question for the gods!
Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by vislabraye(m): 10:57am On Aug 27, 2014
snazzylove: Imagine a woman being ur boss in the office.

Imagine going for an interview and discovers that the head of HR is a woman

Imagine waiting for the approval of some project and its a woman that has the final say cry

Imagine getting married and you need to get the approval of MIL-to-be embarassed

Imagine a woman as your landlady shocked

Imagine so many other positions/events wia you have to encounter a woman. The experience most times is not pleasant at all.

I'd rather deal with a thousand bad guys than with one horrible woman.

Even on NL. Imagine the way they fight themselves. Faceless fight oo. If they meet one-on-one I wonder what will happen grin

Umumnwanyi! undecided

What you said is just so on point. I believe women are so territorial. They guard their territory like the way alpha lions protects his home. It's innate in them.

Women could make terrible bosses too. I've have taught in two different schools were I was unfortunately opportune to work with female bosses. Apart from the work load of teaching maths, physics, further maths in their secondary school, she didn't make it easier by asking me to prepare lesson notes. Mind you her husband was also the head of the school. I just got tired and threw in the towel.

I went in to another school which had a proprietress, a female coordinator, another female QC officer, two female HODs. Everyone in the admin office were female. It was just too terrible. Time will not allow me to tell you my ordeal in that place. All I can saythat, I pray never to get a female boss. Amen( @least a good male boss).
Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 27, 2014
[size=14pt]Most women are very cruel to female house helps, its something i have never understood. And many women are inherently cruel;

Try overtaking a female driver, or asking for space coming out of a street, a female driver would rather have you hit her car than being nice and

letting you pass. 99% of the time she wont let you pass. its just annoying.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by Edusouls(m): 11:33am On Aug 27, 2014
Chai a woman's heart is like a metal melting furnance, heat is very high and combustible reactions re going on, beware. But when the furnance is cool u can manage it, but when it activates, take cover. Women re very dangerous and volatile, that's the reality and no claim, talk, logic, western feminism can change that, only nature knows why this species re so problematic..
Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by Arsenate(m): 11:40am On Aug 27, 2014
chrisbaba1: [size=14pt]Most women are very cruel to female house helps, its something i have never understood. And many women are inherently cruel;

Try overtaking a female driver, or asking for space coming out of a street, a female driver would rather have you hit her car than being nice and

letting you pass. 99% of the time she wont let you pass. its just annoying.[/size]
Lol so true about the female drivers thingy. they'll never allow you in no matter how hard you plead with them. I've understood that now anyway and I don't even bother to ask them for space. I just wait till it's a man and usually men don't have problem allowing you drive in.
Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by redsun(m): 11:48am On Aug 27, 2014
Not all women are women,some are just pieces of discarded sculpted art works.

Housemaid ship is a modern day slavery in Nigeria and I think it ia time an agency sets in monitor and scrap it in due course.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by Vonelixir(f): 11:54am On Aug 27, 2014
Like seriously, gals change cruely once they become women
Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by hardbody: 11:58am On Aug 27, 2014
snazzylove: Imagine a woman being ur boss in the office.

Imagine going for an interview and discovers that the head of HR is a woman

Imagine waiting for the approval of some project and its a woman that has the final say cry

Imagine getting married and you need to get the approval of MIL-to-be embarassed

Imagine a woman as your landlady shocked

Imagine so many other positions/events wia you have to encounter a woman. The experience most times is not pleasant at all.

I'd rather deal with a thousand bad guys than with one horrible woman.

Even on NL. Imagine the way they fight themselves. Faceless fight oo. If they meet one-on-one I wonder what will happen grin

Umumnwanyi! undecided

I did not want to comment on this thread until I read Imagine the head of HR being a woman. While working directly under a female boss had been a nightmare for me in some 2 jobs, my last 2 jobs, I was interviewed by women, both of whom were severally described as hard and christened Margaret Thatcher or Iron Lady. I got those jobs and still in one presently. I believe that in some instances especially in structured corporate organizations, when managed well, women will behave in the best manner possible.the former lady still kept communications open while the current HR person has remained cordial and friendly. I do not pray to have a female boss anymore in my career though.
Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by xtervaganza(m): 11:58am On Aug 27, 2014
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by Reference(m): 12:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
babygirlfl: This is not a problem with women only. This is a problem with society. We practice master slave relationship in almost every sector. Boss to staff, government to the people being governed, pastor to members, husband to wife, madam to house girl, lecturer to student. civil servant to civilians and the list goes on. There is constant abuse of position and leadership in our society. We as a society need to change the way we think.

That is not what he is saying. Why do women have this penchant for seeking to humiliate people they have 'power' over. I was visiting a building site sometime ago, a storey building overlooking a bungalow beside. It was the raised voice that attracted my attention. Apparently a 'madam' was 'correcting' her 'dirty' househelp by superintending over her bath outside the house, in the open compound, in full view of her kids when the house has sanitary facilities, and this was a high school age kid. I felt bad. A man will not do this to his houseboy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by rocgirl: 12:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
Insecurity.
Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by monex(m): 12:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
Amhappy: OP's eg is not directly a woman to woman problem but madam -maid. I bet the woman will do same thing if her servant is a boy. That said,women are still their own worst enemies. Envy and unncessary competition are the major factor.

that's the thing. usually the woman does not do this to a male house-help. i have seen this over an over again.

it seems sexist to say this but i suspect there is a woman-woman thing here especially when one is a master and the other is a seeming slave. the master tries to humiliate and take away the slave's esteem. This is much less prevalent in Man-Man, Man-Woman or Woman-Man. it mainly occurs in Woman-Woman.

while I agree about the normal human nature to be mean to those beneath one, i also notice there is a unique woman-woman side to these.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by babygirlfl: 12:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
Reference:

That is not what he is saying. Why do women have this penchant for seeking to humiliate people they have 'power' over. I was visiting a building site sometime ago, a storey building overlooking a bungalow beside. It was the raised voice that attracted my attention. Apparently a 'madam' was 'correcting' her 'dirty' househelp by superintending over her bath outside the house, in the open compound, in full view of her kids when the house has sanitary facilities, and this was a high school age kid. I felt bad. A man will not do this to his houseboy.

The post you quoted answered the question. I don't go back and forth

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by monex(m): 12:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
babygirlfl:

The post you quoted answered the question. I don't go back and forth

no it did not answer the last part of his post. the part where he suggested that it is less prevalent in Man-Man

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by monex(m): 12:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
Arsenate: Lol so true about the female drivers thingy. they'll never allow you in no matter how hard you plead with them. I've understood that now anyway and I don't even bother to ask them for space. I just wait till it's a man and usually men don't have problem allowing you drive in.
actually that is because of the stereotype that women don't drive well. the female driver thinks you are trying to bully her because she is a woman and she is often right.

Men think they are better at driving. so wrong.
Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by freecocoa(f): 1:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
Not all women are like that, most are ofcourse and I believe it's prolly due to the fact that they have a competitive nature, they just want to be in the lead of a race they set for themselves.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by freecocoa(f): 1:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
Vonelixir: Like seriously, gals change cruely once they become women
What are you talking about?

This is so wrong.
Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by babygirlfl: 1:07pm On Aug 27, 2014
monex:

no it did not answer the last part of his post. the part where he suggested that it is less prevalent in Man-Man

I personally do not think it is more prevalent. I think it is percieved to be more prevalent. In my opinion, there are two reasons why it is percieved as more prevalent.

1. A woman is percieved as soft and nurturing which means that when she does something wrong, she is more critisized. Just like when a female robber is caught with other male armed robbers. You will hear people talk mostly talk about the female robber.

2. As it is then mostly talked about, it appears to be more prevalent.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by pickabeau1: 1:07pm On Aug 27, 2014
This is so true with some female drivers... lol grin grin
chrisbaba1: [size=14pt]Most women are very cruel to female house helps, its something i have never understood. And many women are inherently cruel;

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by babygirlfl: 1:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
Most people are quick to talk about how wicked a female boss is.

If you have ever been a woman boss in Nigeria, you will realise how vulnerable you are as a woman in power in Nigeria. You could even become frustrated. You do the same thing a man would do and you are called wicked. Some people think that because you are a female boss, you should not even talk with authority. You are supposed to be a friend. Some even don't take you serious and would only take you seriously when you have maybe taken them through disciplinary actions. They say horrible things about you. Tell me, who says horrible things to a male boss and gets the best out of them?

I have a female boss and I get along so well with her while some other women believe she is wicked.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by babygirlfl: 1:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
bukatyne:

You feel that way because you are on the other side

I have seen countless threads where guys complain that fellow guys would rather help a lady than them. Some guys have even been called mugus etc.

Some guys feel the same way too

It irks me when women say women's wahala is too much

Kinda reflect on the kind of women speaking

Very true. Most women that think other women are bad are not good themselves

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
Question: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)?
Answer: Its a women's thing wink Lol!
Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by snazzylove: 1:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
pickabeau1: This is so true with some female drivers... lol grin grin

So true oo. Including me too grin
Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by pickabeau1: 2:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
snazzylove:

So true oo. Including me too grin

Lol..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Newly Married Woman Narrates How Husband Abuses Her Daily / Married Couples: How Do You Cope With Temptation To Cheat? / Wife With No Privacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.