Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,058 members, 7,814,643 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Why I Have Not Replied Ihedioha’s Attack Okorocha – - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Have Not Replied Ihedioha’s Attack Okorocha – (1261 Views)

Saraki,Dogara,Emeka Ihedioha At Opening Of Young Parliamentarians Forum(pics) / Emeka Ihedioha, Imo PDP Governorship Aspirant Buying Vegetable In The Market / Again, Youths Attack Okorocha…pelt Convoy With Stones, Wooden Rods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Have Not Replied Ihedioha’s Attack Okorocha – by Nobody: 1:15am On Aug 25, 2014
Imo State government has given reasons why it
would not join issues with the Deputy Speaker of the
House of Representatives, Emeka Ihedioha, over his
recent encounter with Governor Rochas Okorocha.
A statement by the Media Aide to the Governor, Sam
Onwuemeodo, explained that, “Imo people and
indeed Nigerians who had followed what transpired
at the 2014 Iriji Mbaise festival held on Friday, August
15, 2014, would be shocked how or why we have
decided not comment on that incident after our only
reaction to that dishonourable act by the Deputy
Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Emeka
Ihedioha, in which case, we only took exception to
that unprovoked verbal attack against the governor of
the state, while still holding the kola he was given to
present to the visitors at the event”.
He regretted that Ihedioha and his supporters have
continued their media gimmicks to deceive the
general public, saying, “on our part, we decided not
to comment again on the issue. And we have our
reasons”.
The aide said the state government had discovered
that Ihedioha deliberately launched the verbal attack
on the governor at the Iriji event to give the
impression that he can confront or fight Okorocha in
the politics of the state, even when he knew that
could not be possible by any standard.
DailyPost recalls that Ihedioha, while presenting kola
nut to the governor at the festival, accused him for
non-performance and the neglect of Mbaise people.
He said: “My governor, we are happy to have you in
our midst at this time. Mbaise people are peace-
loving and hospitable. As our governor, who has
graced this occasion for the first time since assuming
office, we are glad that you will address issues of
neglect of Mbaise people before handing over to
Owerri Zone and particularly to me next year.
“It is our collective wish that the issues be addressed
soon as the 2015 general election is approaching
when you will leave office for my administration as
the governor to address neglect and decay”.
The statement which rattled the governor’s camp has
heightened political tension in the state ahead of the
February 28 governorship election in Imo state.
The development has also led to talks by prominent
politicians and traditional rulers in the state on how
to manage the situation.

http://dailypost.ng/2014/08/24/replied-ihediohas-attacks-okorocha-imo-government/
Re: Why I Have Not Replied Ihedioha’s Attack Okorocha – by RoyalRoy(m): 2:04am On Aug 25, 2014

“It is our collective wish that the issues be addressed
soon as the 2015 general election is approaching
when you will leave office for my administration as
the governor to address neglect and decay”.

Very poor public communication skills coming from Ihedioha.

His comments is belittling of his status as a deputy house of rep speaker.

He sounded more like a man tussling for a chieftaincy title.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Have Not Replied Ihedioha’s Attack Okorocha – by LordMecuzy(m): 2:51am On Aug 25, 2014
So he feels he's only credible Candidate for Owerri Zone

Hope he knows dat Mbaise is just a part in Owerri Senatorial zone.

imagine saying Rochas is not developing Imo. Wat has he Ihedioha contributed to Ngor-Okpala LGA part of his constituent

POLITICS

2 Likes

Re: Why I Have Not Replied Ihedioha’s Attack Okorocha – by Nobody: 6:17am On Aug 25, 2014
LordMecuzy: So he feels he's only credible Candidate for Owerri Zone

Hope he knows dat Mbaise is just a part in Owerri Senatorial zone.

imagine saying Rochas is not developing Imo. Wat has he Ihedioha contributed to Ngor-Okpala LGA part of his constituent

POLITICS

I agree with you sir.

Re: Why I Have Not Replied Ihedioha’s Attack Okorocha – by ChinonsoDike2: 6:21am On Aug 25, 2014
Hmmm.

Rochas, work on your state.

You're not doing a good job.
Re: Why I Have Not Replied Ihedioha’s Attack Okorocha – by lokito: 7:27am On Aug 25, 2014
Rochas is a duffle bag Governor, he should know that there are only two group of people in Imo State....MBAISE and OTHERS. So let him give honour to whom honour is due

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Have Not Replied Ihedioha’s Attack Okorocha – by size38: 8:27am On Aug 25, 2014
U see the problem with Nigeria and their brand of politics is that; when those we respect so much open their mouth to talk, u see the emptiness in them like Ihedioha just did in a gathering that is not even a political gathering. Iriji as I am meant to understand is the celebration and eating of a new yam. Though am not from Igbo but still understand that. Ihedioha does not need to be a governor to show his leadership qualities. He has been in the House for long with little or nothing to show. He is the number 6 man in Nigeria for goodness sake.
Re: Why I Have Not Replied Ihedioha’s Attack Okorocha – by chimerase2: 9:49am On Aug 25, 2014
Rochas is not going to find it easy with 2015
With mbaise nation as a whole against him

5 Likes

Re: Why I Have Not Replied Ihedioha’s Attack Okorocha – by Juliet11111(f): 11:43am On Aug 25, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Why I Have Not Replied Ihedioha’s Attack Okorocha – by JstLeslie(m): 6:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
Whatever a man sows, dts wat he shall reap, you all supporting rochas and all. Don't forget rochas started the verbal insult first, when he insulted sen chris anyanwu,araraume, ken njemanze and co. I aint saying what ihedioha said is right. But both parties are guilty of playing politics of propaganda. Its left for imo citizens to decide who dey want to govern for the next 4yrs. Its their future. Dey can decide to sell it or hand it over to a right person
Re: Why I Have Not Replied Ihedioha’s Attack Okorocha – by JEITO: 6:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
I didn't expect this from the honourable deputy speaker.

He shouldn't be exchanging words with someone suffering from halitosis lipsrsealed
Re: Why I Have Not Replied Ihedioha’s Attack Okorocha – by Plshavmercyamen: 7:44pm On Aug 25, 2014
lokito: Rochas is a duffle bag Governor, he should know that there are only two group of people in Imo State....MBAISE and OTHERS. So let him give honour to whom honour is due
MBAISE AND OTHERS? Hmmm.. Well, WE are watching.

(1) (Reply)

10 World’s Weirdest Hotels / Picture Of Arms Purchase Tender Siezed By The South African Government. / It’s Time To Say Goodbye To Former President Jonathan By By Toyin D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.