Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,981 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection (2258 Views)

Metuh Scuttled Jonathan’s Reelection For Losing Post To Fani-kayode — PDP Worker / Kano APC In Disarray, Kwankwasiya Movment To Support Jonathan / Obasanjo Refuses To See Jonathan, Sneaks Out Of Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by abu12: 9:19am On Aug 25, 2014
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/08/25/obasanjo-refuses-to-support-jonathan-for-reelection/

Former Nigerian president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has refused to back President Goodluck Jonathan for re-election. Obasanjo distanced himself from endorsing Jonathan despite being asked for his direction on the forthcoming general election by traders who paid him a courtesy visit at his Abeokuta home.
While responding to the request of the traders on the way forward ahead of the 2015 political dispensation, the former President said Nigerians have to be alert and vigilant to collectively battle the situation.
“We have to be at alert. To be forewarned is to be forearmed, if we will get ourselves out of the morass we find ourselves in, it has to be done by each and every one of us. We all have contribution to make and should not leave our responsibility for others to do for us. If we fail to participate in things that are meaningfully positive for this country, you will be a victim and we all become victims,” Obasanjo warned.
Obasanjo told the 150 traders from across the 36 States that visited him that, “as far as the next political dispensation is concerned, I cannot decide yet, we should all resort to spiritual guidance for help.”

“As for me, we don’t know where we are going yet, may God show us the way. The way that will take this country and make it a great country and well for me too. I understand and If I see the way, I will tell you. I pray that God will show me the way, may God show you the way,” the former President declared.

In her reaction, the leader of the delegation, National President of the Nigerian Market/Traders Council, Yeye (Mrs) Osho said the traders wanted to get the direction of the former President on the 2015 election.
She said the council had tremendous support of the former President during his eight year-rule. “As such, we deem it necessary and as a mark of respect to come and find out on which direction we are going. He had told us to wait and we shall pass the message to our members throughout the country, that Baba is yet to decide”, the market leader said.
Among the dignitaries that were with the former President to welcome his guests were the Iyalode of Yorubaland, Alaba Lawson and one of the aides to President Olusegun Obasanjo while in office, Dr. Gbolade Osinowo.
Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by Abatemtem(m): 9:26am On Aug 25, 2014
Ma jex dey observe
Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by Daguccizgreat(m): 9:28am On Aug 25, 2014
He can go to hell for all I care. Jonathan will emerge victorious next year without his support and he will be put to shame. Yeye dey smell

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by Mekateka: 9:28am On Aug 25, 2014
@Op, how many voters" card is Obasanjo carrying?

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by ajahexcel(m): 9:32am On Aug 25, 2014
oyo for GEJ
Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 25, 2014
Who cares?

GEJ till when Naija wins another World Cup

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by ibdeals1(m): 9:38am On Aug 25, 2014
ok
Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by PAINGAIN: 9:49am On Aug 25, 2014
Op, ur title is misleading, I don't see where obasanjo said he is not supporting jonathan. U people and propaganda. GEJ till nollywood movie makes $1 billion at d box office.

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by chinazaekperem: 10:08am On Aug 25, 2014
Not surprised, OBJ agreed to return power back to the north, GEJ serendipitously emerged president as result of yaradua's death.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by lilprinze: 10:11am On Aug 25, 2014
To hell with his support who is begging him for support sef weather he supports him or not GEJ would still win 2015 election. GEJ till 2019. Obj can go and hug transform and blow.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by kingsangoda: 10:24am On Aug 25, 2014
Integrity: Trust is like a thin thread. Once you break it, it is almost impossible to put it together again http:///1paTGnb
Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by theSpark(m): 10:41am On Aug 25, 2014
So they went to meet him to ask him for directions to 2015?

If as an adult you don't know which direction you should follow now politically and you are seeking someone to show you, you don't deserve the voter's card.

Much respect to the General.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by Donfamous(m): 10:50am On Aug 25, 2014
If I hear Gej till 2019 thunder go fire all of u. Y are u playing with young lad's future the man is cool but he is simply incapable to rule a country like naija can't u guys reason for once, becos u are being paid doesn't mean u shull not use ur brains now. Things are spoiling u fools are happy, he is in Germany while boko haram are here killing and acquiring land, if any member of ur family has died a mysterious death from boko u won't be here to shout GEJ, let him go and find something else to do na. Was he born to cause the disintegration of Nigeria? Them send am make him come finish us, the traces of Assu strike and fuel subsidy removal is still haunting us, nigerian in debt and u are still proclaiming this man. Is it that u can't think becos of how much u are being paid or u are wicked? Abeg now let this man go he is simply not capable

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by tit(f): 11:02am On Aug 25, 2014
OBJ is going to throw his weight behind Buhari!!!1
Up APC!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 25, 2014
I really can't see where OBJ made any reference to Jonathan's ambition. undecided

Then again, our journalists...

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by aljharem(m): 11:10am On Aug 25, 2014
tit: OBJ is going to throw his weight behind Buhari!!!1
Up APC!

If he does that, he has destroyed himself politically.

APC has nothing to offer Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by Sloan: 11:15am On Aug 25, 2014
aljharem:

If he does that, he has destroyed himself politically.

APC has nothing to offer Nigerians

And a nonentity like you would know that? You used to have some sense but fhoolishness has ruined your brain like cancer. You have only 1 voters card, go and give it to your god PDP and let others do what they want with theirs and it that is APC, it is their choice!
Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 25, 2014
The inbreeding old man could not win a mere senatorial election for his daughter now he is looking for a presidential candidate to endorse!! Smh .OBJ is politically irrelevant as far as the 2015 elections are concerned.He cannot even annoint a LG candiadate in any of the political parties be it APC or PDP

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by egift(m): 11:28am On Aug 25, 2014
No wonder GEJ hired 1000 Pastors to go and beg grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by Bashirfuntua(m): 11:31am On Aug 25, 2014
Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by aljharem(m): 11:32am On Aug 25, 2014
Sloan:
And a nonentity like you would know that? You used to have some sense but fhoolishness has ruined your brain like cancer. You have only 1 voters card, go and give it to your god PDP and let others do what they want with theirs and it that is APC, it is their choice!

Interesting. Lol

I am not giving my vote for PDP neither am I giving it to APC. They are both useless to me.

I vote for individuals

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by Orunto: 12:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
We should all beg him. Our very reliable Elijah should please forgive his God chosen Elisha. Forgiveness is the ISSVE here.
Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 25, 2014
aljharem:

Interesting. Lol

I am not giving my vote for PDP neither am I giving it to APC. They are both useless to me.

I vote for individuals
So don't complain when they treat Nigerian badly, our vote is a weapon against the politicians but we fail to see that
Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by aljharem(m): 2:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
yemaldo:
So don't complain when they treat Nigerian badly, our vote is a weapon against the politicians but we fail to see that

Exactly that is why u rather vote for individuals rather than vote based on party politics. See as they are changing party anyhow. Shameless set of people with no political idealogy

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by nigerianvenom(m): 2:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
we dont need his backing.afterall he never backed gbenga daniel but he won his 2nd term bid.it was under his watch that PDP lost all the SW states,so what significance will his support be.did he support tinubu when tinubu was busy truncing him in lagos?
GEJ doesnt need him
GEJ till 2015
Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by nigerianvenom(m): 2:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
Donfamous: If I hear Gej till 2019 thunder go fire all of u. Y are u playing with young lad's future the man is cool but he is simply incapable to rule a country like naija can't u guys reason for once, becos u are being paid doesn't mean u shull not use ur brains now. Things are spoiling u fools are happy, he is in Germany while boko haram are here killing and acquiring land, if any member of ur family has died a mysterious death from boko u won't be here to shout GEJ, let him go and find something else to do na. Was he born to cause the disintegration of Nigeria? Them send am make him come finish us, the traces of Assu strike and fuel subsidy removal is still haunting us, nigerian in debt and u are still proclaiming this man. Is it that u can't think becos of how much u are being paid or u are wicked? Abeg now let this man go he is simply not capable

get out with ur silly and stup1d opinion.keep ur opinion to urself.so u want us to support ur silly party just because u think so.did GEJ told ur brodas to be bombing themselve?
kip ur opinion to urself and ur kids if u hav any

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by RockMaxi: 2:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
Mekateka: @Op, how many voters" card is Obasanjo carrying?

@Mekateka, let me give you a hint: how many voters are waiting for his directives on what to do? If you answer that correctly then you are good.
Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by Mekateka: 4:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
RockMaxi:

@Mekateka, let me give you a hint: how many voters are waiting for his directives on what to do? If you answer that correctly then you are good.
and are you among those waiting for Obasanjo"s directive on who to support?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by Validated: 9:16pm On Aug 26, 2014
OBJ who could not win his ward in 2011 is IRRELEVANT to PDP and GEJ. I have same numbers of votes like OBJ, One man, one vote.
GEJ till 2019 in the second stanza. Whether there will be elections after then only God knows.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Refuses To Support Jonathan For Reelection by Nobody: 12:11am On Aug 27, 2014
Obasanjo's "support" translates to how many votes on election day? We're talking about a despised figure who cannot deliver his own polling booth even if his life depends on it!

It's funny how Nigeria's media likes to glorify inconsequential characters. Presuming that this man has the slightest ability to influence the outcome of the presidential election (or ANY other election for that matter) is the height of idìocy.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 / Was Nigeria Independence Too Early ?? / Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.