Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! (3290 Views)

Pastor Emma Of Mountain Of Prayers, Sapele Has His Properties Destroyed / We Are God!!!!! / Sex Destroyed Me; Took Away My Luck. I Need Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by scosco1: 11:37am On Sep 11, 2014
In due time the nations will come to realize that their fathers had inherited lies ....! There is none like Hashem ! And His truth is one ! His unity is one ! And there is none besides HIM ! ....read 1 kings 22:19-23 ....G-d is using the the two religions to spread HIS name ....but for Truth search the scriptures ( Hebrew scriptures ) not Greek or roman or hellenized theology .
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 11:43am On Sep 11, 2014
^^
I respect your convictions but you must be objective as well to present apt responses to questions. We both do not know it all, remember!
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by scosco1: 11:49am On Sep 11, 2014
shdemidemi:

Please answer my question, do you agree with what Peter said in Acts 10 about the relationship between a Jew and a non-Jew according to the law?
...do you know Peter was speaking from the oral-law ? Most Gentiles had a very poor concept of the Holy One of Israel and yes I agree with him . He can only associate with a non-Jew if he has shown that he has dissociated himself from idolatry . Also take note of acts 10:35
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 11:56am On Sep 11, 2014
scosco1: ...do you know Peter was speaking from the oral-law ? Most Gentiles had a very poor concept of the Holy One of Israel and yes I agree with him . He can only associate with a non-Jew if he has shown that he has dissociated himself from idolatry .

What idolatrous practice was cornelius known for? he was said to be a man who feared God even as a non-Jew. Peter did not make the statement because he thought he was an idolater nor because cornelius proved he has dissociated himself from idols, but the statement was made because cornelius isn't a Jew. Do you agree?
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by scosco1: 12:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
[quote author=shdemidemi]

What idolatrous practice was cornelius known for? he was said to be a man who feared God even as a non-Jew. Peter did not make the statement because he thought he was an idolater but because he is not a Jew. Do you agree?[/. A non Jew who has come out of idolatry is considered righteous . Peter did not know him that was why he must have given reasons why he shouldn't be at his place .
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 12:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
No no.. There was no mention of anyone in or out of idolatry. There was only a mention of Peter sent to a place he would never had gone left to the interpretation of the law.

God made Peter eat the forbidden animal/beast (forbidden, according to the law). Peter hesitated at first but succumb to God's command afterwards. Whether cornelius worshipped an Idol or no idol was never the issue. Do you get it?
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by jdilight(m): 12:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
flourishG: whats da op talking about? da law that the fathers of israel could not keep? u must be a joker[b][/b]

Because they did not know how to keep it. If your willing the Holy Spirit will teach you how to keep it. It is very easy and simple.
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 1:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
jdilight:

Because they did not know how to keep it. If your willing the Holy Spirit will teach you how to keep it. It is very easy and simple.

Have you been able to keep all of the laws thus far?
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by jdilight(m): 1:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
shdemidemi: @Drummaboy

well said.

I think Paul differentiated the two ways of obtaining God's righgteousnes perfectly in Romans 10

It must be said that an average religious jew is more zealous about the work of God than an average gentile christian. Paul realises this as well, but they lacked the major requisite to God's kind of righteousness which is the right knowledge.

This also applies to most of Christendom today. They may have a zeal, they may never miss a Church service, they may be there every time the doors are opened, they may pray and fast more than anyone else but if they have no knowledge of the Scriptures. They are totally ignorant of the Scriptures.

Isn't it clear as day light that we have two kinds of righteousness- SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS by keeping the law AND GOD'S RIGHTEOUSNESS through faith in Christ.

Paul said the Israelites were ignorant, they were working so hard for a righteousness that comes freely by the knowledge of GRACE through Christ. Isn't that exactly where most people are today? They'll do this and that, and do whatever a denomination prescribes, and they do it according to rote, and ritual. And it's going to count for nothing, they might just as well stay home. And Israel was no different, they kept the feast days, they wouldn't miss a feast day for anything, and they followed the sacrifices, they followed the law to the letter but without the understanding that Christ is the anchor of our faith, its all exercise in futility.

Christ was that object of faith that Israel was expected to embrace. He came proving Who He was, and they should have known Who He was. He was the fulfillment of over 360 distinct prophecies out of the Old Testament. If they knew their Bible like they thought they did, they should have recognized Him the moment He began His ministry. But why didn't they? They didn't know their Bible.

SOLA GRACIA

There are two kind of righteousness, your right: self righteousness and God"s righteousness (selfless righteousness). But what you fail to understand is the word righteousness. Remove self or God from righteousness what you have is righteousness which does not exist without work.

Righteousness simply mean living right. Jesus said unless your righteousness exceed that of the pharisees (self) you will not see the kingdom of God. to exceed means you are in the right path but is short of expectation. God's righteousness is selfless righteousness.

What righteousness did the pharisees practices? the righteousness that promoted them and not God.

Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by scosco1: 1:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
shdemidemi: No no.. There was no mention of anyone in or out of idolatry. There was only a mention of Peter sent to a place he would never had gone left to the interpretation of the law.

God made Peter eat the forbidden animal/beast (forbidden, according to the law). Peter hesitated at first but succumb to God's command afterwards. Whether cornelius worshipped an Idol or no idol was never the issue. Do you get it?
Honestly , I don't get it ...G-d did not make peter eat anything and that encounter was a dream ... aπϑ why would G-d contradict himself ?
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 2:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
scosco1:
Honestly , I don't get it ...G-d did not make peter eat anything and that encounter was a dream ... aπϑ why would G-d contradict himself ?

Yes, it was a trance that had an interpretation and a clear meaning.
Acts 10
17 Peter was very perplexed. What could the vision mean? Just then the men sent by Cornelius found Simon’s house. Standing outside the gate, 18 they asked if a man named Simon Peter was staying there.

19 Meanwhile, as Peter was puzzling over the vision, the Holy Spirit said to him, “Three men have come looking for you. 20 Get up, go downstairs, and go with them without hesitation. Don’t worry, for I have sent them.”

The same God who gave the law made Peter eat what wasn't kosher in a trance. Immediately after the vision, he was sent to a non-Jew where he was never allowed to go under the law.

There was a change in programme- salvation was made available to non-Jews because the nation of Israel rejected the gift of Christ.
Romans 11
Did God’s people stumble and fall beyond recovery? Of course not! They were disobedient, so God made salvation available to the Gentiles. But he wanted his own people to become jealous and claim it for themselves. 12 Now if the Gentiles were enriched because the people of Israel turned down God’s offer of salvation, think how much greater a blessing the world will share when they finally accept it.
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by scosco1: 3:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
shdemidemi:

Yes, it was a trance that had an interpretation and a clear meaning.
Acts 10
17 Peter was very perplexed. What could the vision mean? Just then the men sent by Cornelius found Simon’s house. Standing outside the gate, 18 they asked if a man named Simon Peter was staying there.

19 Meanwhile, as Peter was puzzling over the vision, the Holy Spirit said to him, “Three men have come looking for you. 20 Get up, go downstairs, and go with them without hesitation. Don’t worry, for I have sent them.”

The same God who gave the law made Peter eat what wasn't kosher in a trance. Immediately after the vision, he was sent to a non-Jew where he was never allowed to go under the law.

There was a change in programme- salvation was made available to non-Jews because the nation of Israel rejected the gift of Christ.
Romans 11
Did God’s people stumble and fall beyond recovery? Of course not! They were disobedient, so God made salvation available to the Gentiles. But he wanted his own people to become jealous and claim it for themselves. 12 Now if the Gentiles were enriched because the people of Israel turned down God’s offer of salvation, think how much greater a blessing the world will share when they finally accept it.

Salvation again ? ....salvation ( to be saved also as So-zo ) means to be protected,safe, to be whole with G-d . Witout HIM we are not complete . Salvation has been from the begining - all you need do is ask ! If you are gentile all you need do is believe there is One G-d,love HIM and harmonize ur ways with HIS .
There has been no change in programm .
And as for Israel is not blind to G-d's salvation rather ...." On this mountain he will destroy
    the shroud that enfolds all peoples,
the sheet that covers all nations; - isa 25:7

Deut 30:4-
4 Even if you have been banished to the most distant land under the heavens, from there the Lord your God will gather you and bring you back. 5 He will bring you to the land that belonged to your ancestors, and you will take possession of it. He will make you more prosperous and numerous than your ancestors. 6 The Lord your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live. 7 The Lord your God will put all these curses on your enemies who hate and persecute you. 8 You will again obey the Lord and follow all his commands I am giving you today. 9 Then the Lord your God will make you most prosperous in all the work of your hands and in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your land. The Lord will again delight in you and make you prosperous, just as he delighted in your ancestors, 10 if you obey the Lord your God and keep his commands and decrees that are written in this Book of the Law and turn to the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
11 Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. 12 It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, “Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, “Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” 14 No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it.
15 See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction. 16 For I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.

17 But if your heart turns away and you are not obedient, and if you are drawn away to bow down to other gods and worship them, 18 I declare to you this day that you will certainly be destroyed. You will not live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess.

19 This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live 20 and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

G-d is not a man that he should lie or change !

Gen 4:6 " - Then the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? 7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.”
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
Did you read the verses I quoted?

Salvation as used here is the spiritual and eternal deliverance granted by God to those who accept His condition of repentance and faith in Jesus.

Your definition of salvation is a temporal deliverance from danger. That isn't the salvation my quote is speaking about

Do you now agree Peter was instructed to go to a non-Jew who was anathema by the law?
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by scosco1: 4:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
shdemidemi: Did you read the verses I quoted?

Salvation as used here is the spiritual and eternal deliverance granted by God to those who accept His condition of repentance and faith in Jesus.

Your definition of salvation is a temporal deliverance from danger. That isn't the salvation my quote is speaking about

Do you now agree Peter was instructed to go to a non-Jew who was anathema by the law?

Enlighten me please ...what kind of salvation is the NT offering ?

“Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other." - Isaiah 45:22
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by scosco1: 4:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
ישעיהו- Isaiah is composed of ישע which is salvation and the name of God, meaning- Salvation is from God.
Yirmiayahu ירמיהו- from the root רמה, to lift, meaning God will be exalted, or God will lift me up.

I believe ur NT salvation means saved from hell, satan and original sin concept ?
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 4:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
scosco1:

Enlighten me please ...what kind of salvation is the NT offering ?

“Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other." - Isaiah 45:22

Isaiah was speaking of things that is to come, with an eye to the Mediator, who is made of God to us both righteousness and sanctification. Like I said earlier, salvation is the spiritual and eternal deliverance granted by God.
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 4:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
scosco1: ישעיהו- Isaiah is composed of ישע which is salvation and the name of God, meaning- Salvation is from God.
Yirmiayahu ירמיהו- from the root רמה, to lift, meaning God will be exalted, or God will lift me up.

I believe ur NT salvation means saved from hell, satan and original sin concept ?

It means translation from eternal doom to eternal glorification as joint heirs with Jesus.
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by scosco1: 5:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
shdemidemi:

Isaiah was speaking of things that is to come, with an eye to the Mediator, who is made of God to us both righteousness and sanctification. Like I said earlier, salvation is the spiritual and eternal deliverance granted by God.

A mediator ? ...things to come ? Wow ! Am impressed !
Can you check out this verses - micah 6:6
Deut 32:39
Hosea 14:2-3
Ps 40:7,51:7,69:30-33,78:22-39,86:5-6
Jer 36:3, 26:13,
Eze 18:21-30, 33:-,
Zech 1:3
Jonah 3:10
Lev 5:16
1 sam 15:22
I give you scriptures note theology or ur ideas ...counter G-d's word . Counter the scriptures please ..!

The NT takes most of its relevance from the hebrew scriptures citing quotations that even the writers of the NT either are not familiar with the concept ot either want to mislead or replace G-d's word . G-d spoke in the OT aπϑ was quoted directly ! Which wasn't so in ur NT ! Pls if you have the time compare this OT/NT verses to see for urself :
Heb 8:9 - jer 31:32
2cor 3: - exo 34:29-35
Rom 9:33/2pet 2:8 - Isa 28:16
Rom 10:6-8 - deut 30:11-14 ( this I dunno why they exempted out 11-14 )
Matt 2:6 - micah 5:2
Matt 12:21 - Isa 59:20-21
My dear friend they are just too numerous I don't want to keep goin on aπϑ on !

Paul has added a lot to ur christian NT ! Mind you , the scriptures had already been 250yrs before Jsus came aπϑ he also read from the book of isaiah.
You follow paul's hellenized ideas !

G-d's word is simple , no theology needed , no theories aπϑ so sincere .
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by scosco1: 5:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
Please make a very good observation of those scriptures I refferd to you . When you do then say ur observations please . If you have ur bible there please do ...the ones you gave me I took my time to study them before I replyd you . Instead of we debating and debatig
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 5:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
scosco1:

My dear friend they are just too numerous I don't want to keep goin on aπϑ on !

Paul has added a lot to ur christian NT ! Mind you , the scriptures had already been 250yrs before Jsus came aπϑ he also read from the book of isaiah.
You follow paul's hellenized ideas !

G-d's word is simple , no theology needed , no theories aπϑ so sincere .

Are you also saying Paul's letters aren't scriptures?

I thought Jesus gave him the message to teach directly. now whose message carries more weight Jesus/God's message delivered by Paul to the body of Christ or God's message to Moses for the nation of Israel?
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by jdilight(m): 5:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
shdemidemi:

Have you been able to keep all of the laws thus far?

If I answer you will you believe?
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by scosco1: 5:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
shdemidemi:

Are you also saying Paul's letters aren't scriptures?

I thought Jesus gave him the message to teach directly. now whose message carries more weight Jesus/God's message delivered by Paul to the body of Christ or God's message to Moses for the nation of Israel?
The NT is scriptures for you but not me ...! Paul never met jsus in perSon neither did jsus . Paul never quoted jsus, but rather from the hebrew scriputes !

Compare those little verses I showed you pls
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 6:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
jdilight:

If I answer you will you believe?

May be yes, may be no.
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by scosco1: 6:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
Paul aπϑ other NT writers delibrately removed a lot of vital clauses from Torah aπϑ tanahk aπϑ still expects to gain a following among the Jewish ppl - I guess that's probably why he is been regarded as an trail blazer in the Christian theology aπϑ among gentiles who have a poor knowledge of the Hebrew scriptures . The masses we're vulnerable aπϑ consumed evrything that he wrote without scrutiny .
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
scosco1:
The NT is scriptures for you but not me ...! Paul never met jsus in perSon neither did jsus . Paul never quoted jsus, but rather from the hebrew scriputes !

Compare those little verses I showed you pls

Paul is the harbinger of a gospel Jesus constantly thought, though in parables. I believe Paul's apostleship is true, he saw Christ, and he preached a message that puts the entire scripture intricately linked.

Pick any parable of Jesus and you will find the message of Paul, the message of grace and most importantly the message of God init.

Paul interpreted the Old Testament from the eye of the new. All the stories that was put together by God's providence in the old were expanded by Paul in the new.

Paul never started his own thing but pointed all back to the significance of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by scosco1: 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
The scriptures aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ meant to be reasoned upon ..not just accepted blindly ! Reason not blind faith ! Rabbis debate scriptures aπϑ Torah to prove its authenticity ! Even the writings of the prophets, the talmud, (oral laws ) it takes years of study . There are too many things G-d revealed τ̲̅ȍ the Jews that you cannot comprehend my achi ( brother ) .
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
scosco1: Paul aπϑ other NT writers delibrately removed a lot of vital clauses from Torah aπϑ tanahk aπϑ still expects to gain a following among the Jewish ppl - I guess that's probably why he is been regarded as an trail blazer in the Christian theology aπϑ among gentiles who have a poor knowledge of the Hebrew scriptures . The masses we're vulnerable aπϑ consumed evrything that he wrote without scrutiny .

On the contrary, Paul's message was not only scrutinised by the people, it was also approved by Peter and backed by God through countless miracles.
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 6:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
scosco1: The scriptures α̲̅я̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ meant to be reasoned upon ..not just accepted blindly ! Reason not blind faith ! Rabbis debate scriptures aπϑ Torah to prove its authenticity ! Even the writings of the prophets, the talmud, (oral laws ) it takes years of study . There are too many things G-d revealed τ̲̅ȍ the Jews that you cannot comprehend my achi ( brother ) .

If the Jews understood what God was doing, they will readily accept Jesus when they heard him. They botched it.
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by scosco1: 6:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
shdemidemi:

Paul is the harbinger of a gospel Jesus constantly thought, though in parables. I believe Paul's apostleship is true, he saw Christ, and he preached a message that puts the entire scripture intricately linked.

Pick any parable of Jesus and you will find the message of Paul, the message of grace and most importantly the message of God init.

Paul interpreted the Old Testament from the eye of the new. All the stories that was put together by God's providence in the old were expanded by Paul in the new.

Paul never started his own thing but pointed all back to the significance of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

My brother , I see you are a very intelligent fellow aπϑ must have been through the univrsty walls ? ...make an objective comparism, analyze those little verses I gave to you . When you wrote ur project I beliv you quoted ur references proprly ?... Please . We have been on this topic since ‎​Mornin .
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by scosco1: 6:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
shdemidemi:

On the contrary, Paul's message was not only scrutinised by the people, it was also approved by Peter and backed by God through countless miracles.

You say miracles ? ...I believe even jsus said miracles isn't a yadstick to decipher truth ! Cos even false prophets , pharoahs prophets performed wonders ! ...are you thrilled by signs aπϑ wonders ?
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 6:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
scosco1:

My brother , I see you are a very intelligent fellow aπϑ must have been through the univrsty walls ? ...make an objective comparism, analyze those little verses I gave to you . When you wrote ur project I beliv you quoted ur references proprly ?... Please . We have been on this topic since ‎​Mornin .

If you don't accept the entire bible as the word of God, it will be difficult to have a meaningful discussion.

I will check the quotes and revert back.

1 Like

Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by scosco1: 6:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
shdemidemi:

If you don't accept the entire bible as the word of God, it will be difficult to have a meaningful discussion.

I will check the quotes and revert back.

I accept the Hebrew scriptures ( OT ) for the NT I don't want to sound rude or spiteful for I respect evryones religion...but I have to really scrutinize it aπϑ I see it was written for the purpose of convincing one . Its really not in harmony with the Torah aπϑ tanak . Let me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Dark Side Of Christmas: Nimrod's Tree And The Worship Of The Anunnaki / 10,000 Pakistani Muslims Accept Jesus In One Night Revival / Hunger Is Dealing With Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.