Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Japan To Provide Nigeria With Ebola Drugs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Japan To Provide Nigeria With Ebola Drugs (715 Views)

Provide Nigeria More Aid To fight Boko Haram Without Strings: Buhari to USA / Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola / Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japan To Provide Nigeria With Ebola Drugs by fikimania(m): 2:40am On Aug 26, 2014
Fresh hope appears in the horizon for Ebola patients as Japan on Monday expressed its readiness to provide its anti-influenza drug as treatment for the deadly virus.
Japan’s Chief Cabinet Secretary, Yoshihide Suga, made the offer hours after a group of scientist in the United Kingdom said it had discovered that the largest outbreak of the Ebola Virus Disease was caused by an infected fruit bat that bit a toddler.
Briefing journalists in Tokyo on Monday, Suga said Japan was ready to offer the drug, Favipiravir, which was developed by Toyama Chemical, a subsidiary of Fujifilm, any time the World Health Organisation requested it.
Approved by the Japanese health ministry in March, Favipiravir is a tablet developed for the treatment of novel and re-emerging influenza viruses.
Suga, according to the Agence France Presse, said Japan was waiting for WHO’s decision on further details over the use of untested drugs.

Continue to read more below
www..com

Re: Japan To Provide Nigeria With Ebola Drugs by Unionised(m): 3:03am On Aug 26, 2014
Every country now jumping on the band wagon.
Feeding off our misery...
Africa, My Africa
Re: Japan To Provide Nigeria With Ebola Drugs by Onlinebizexpert(m): 3:08am On Aug 26, 2014
Are we Now lab rats?

Madam abeg gimme 2shots of Agbo

Rubbish angry
Re: Japan To Provide Nigeria With Ebola Drugs by eleojo23: 4:47am On Aug 26, 2014
Africa, always on the receiving end.
Re: Japan To Provide Nigeria With Ebola Drugs by seunlayi(m): 5:34am On Aug 26, 2014
wherever the drugs after coming from be it hasp Japan, Sudan, Canada, etc, all I want is just the cure, there most be No further spread of this virus

2 Likes

Re: Japan To Provide Nigeria With Ebola Drugs by ROCKJ1(m): 6:33am On Aug 26, 2014
Ebola... will come and go. it will be a thing of the past.
Re: Japan To Provide Nigeria With Ebola Drugs by victorVIC1(m): 7:36am On Aug 26, 2014
And so d competition continues...I hope my Aba brothers come up with theirs soon.

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi Not A Change Agent / El-rufai's Successful Diversion On Behalf Of Boko Haram / I Will Create Apa State For My People - David Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.