Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,540 members, 7,955,005 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:17 PM

Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas (27519 Views)

Lets build an LPG/Cooking Gas Plant for you / Cbn’s Directive On Use Of Foreign Currency, A Confusing Signal / Ban On Use Of CBN's Dollars By Oil Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
Obiagelli:
sis 12.5kg is equivalent of about 50 litres of kerosene and that about 7,500 naira. Btw there are smaller cylinders.
Are you serious? I know there are smaller cylinders. Gas stoves are expensive though. the least price is about 10k. Is Lagos state government going to do something about it for those who will not like camp gas?
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by kolaaderin: 12:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
its only cheaper because its not yet public utilities. once the masses have switched to gas fully now, the parasite government will be trying to make serous revenue with it hence getting it expensively just like Kerosine.
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
berem: Are you serious? I know there are smaller cylinders. Gas stoves are expensive though. the least price is about 10k. Is Lagos state government going to do something about it for those who will not like camp gas?
the new cylinders have something like stove on its head, you can place your pot on it.
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
something like this.

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
berem: the smoke from firewood and stove can be very dangerous to health you know.

Can we use gas stove for smoking fish?

I still prefer my arometa wey no dey fall soup.

I love cooking with those old pot. . . .it kind of makes my food delicious.

I also remember my mum dont like grinding pepper with grinding machine. . .if it is not grinding stone, then it your food.

Call it locality. . . . .I enjoy it. More than gas or whatever

1 Like

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
Obiagelli: something like this.
for family, i don't think this is ok.
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by msmon(m): 12:55pm On Aug 26, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Can we use gas stove for smoking fish?

I still prefer my arometa wey no dey fall soup.

I love cooking with those old pot. . . .it kind of makes my food delicious.

I also remember my mum dont like grinding pepper with grinding machine. . .if it is not grinding stone, then it your food.

Call it locality. . . . .I enjoy it. More than gas or whatever

Look like we are in the same shoe. *smile*
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
berem: for family, i don't think this is ok.
thats true, but i think the target is low income earners.
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by jmaine: 1:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
Obiagelli:
sis 12.5kg is equivalent of about 50 litres of kerosene and that about 7,500 naira. Btw there are smaller cylinders.

Am interested in this your kero-gas conversion. . . . .

How you take do am . . . .
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Lilimax(f): 1:08pm On Aug 26, 2014
Mynd_44, Obinoscopy, OAM4J, Mukina2-this topic deserve front page please.
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
jmaine:

Am interested in this your kero-gas conversion. . . . .

How you take do am . . . .
from experience.
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by msmon(m): 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2014
Infact, the beauty if Gas cooker is that it's faster than any other form of cooking I can think of. It will get ur Rice burn if care isn't taken.
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by jmaine: 1:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
Obiagelli:
from experience.

Okay . . . . .
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by nickxtra(m): 2:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
DikeOha882: If the common man should do his calculation properly, he will know that gas is cheaper to kerosine, I have been using gas since my days in the university till date. My 12.5kg last for 3 rmonths, let's assume am buying kerosine by now I would have spent more than that. Though one thing I see is that some fa milies may find it difficult bring out the amount once to buy.
How often do you cook that your 12.5kg takes you upto 3 months? Even when I was single and seldom cook, it lasted only for about 2 months, but now with my wife and baby, it does not take us upto a month. So what's your magic?

2 Likes

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
nickxtra: How often do you cook that your 12.5kg takes you upto 3 months? Even when I was single and seldom cook, it lasted only for about 2 months, but now with my wife and baby, it does not take us upto a month. So what's your magic?
I prepare what to eat each day, so due to the steady power supply I make stew and soup store in the freezer.
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by ayusco85(m): 2:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
every wise person will know gas is the best and cheapest source of fuel for cooking. its about time every family start using gas and abandon firewood, stove and charcoal.

1 Like

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
For a min I thought twas 'Tax'. cheesy
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 26, 2014
berem: babes,I just went to refill my cylinder an hour ago. The Eko Gas is real o! It is located right inside my estate. Lemme upload the picture of the flyer I collected. Unfortunately,I didn't take my phone with me to the refilling plant. I would have taken pictures.

is it really free?
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 26, 2014
Gas is way cheaper than kerosene.

Since this year,have only spent 6000 to refill my gas,I wonder how much I would have spent if it were kerosene.

Its cheaper,cleaner than kerosene.

Nice one LASG.

1 Like

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by allanphash7(m): 3:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
i hope our fire service still they efficient and effective? orelse make we no hear the story that touch

1 Like

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by free2ryhme: 3:03pm On Aug 26, 2014
berem: the smoke from firewood and stove can be very dangerous to health you know.

Our ancestors used firewords and some lived to be over 80. They neither had cancer, diabetes, etc . Now lagos state is using health grounds as a strategy to sell their gas as if na mumu we be. Oya the mugus in lagos make una dey buy gas as una like ooo

Even before the gas we still dey cook and life never became harder . Y now? Lagosians are d most gullible ever . I am 100% certain dat 98% of comments are from children living under their parents roof
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by dada01(m): 3:04pm On Aug 26, 2014
We re overdue to start using Gas, but my old woman thinks the opposite.
"Do you want to burn down the building, don't u know it iz dangerous....."

Government should do something about that ASAP

1 Like

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by iamord(m): 3:04pm On Aug 26, 2014
Dreal1247: But some people wont view it to be safer and cheaper.

Left To me its The safest. and promotes less pollution and in house heat as compared to stove and firewood
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 26, 2014
Gas is cheaper than kerosene any day, any time. My only fear is possible cases of gas explosion. It is usually deadly, far worse than kerosene explosion.
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by oluwato69sin(m): 3:10pm On Aug 26, 2014
msmon: Has anyone learn about the gem fuel stove?
. NAA but you need to learn English though
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by oluwato69sin(m): 3:12pm On Aug 26, 2014
ILIDEFI: Gas is cheaper than kerosene any day, any time. My only fear is possible cases of gas explosion. It is usually deadly, far worse than kerosene explosion.
. There have been more stove accidents than gas accidents beside basic precaution says you should have a fire bucket of sand in your home

2 Likes

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by titoetal(m): 3:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
berem: The price of refilling a 12.5kg cylinder is quite on the high side. A common man cannot afford 2,800naira for that. The price should be reduced if they want a success in their campaign.

Nne, you have a whopping N700.00 difference from the N3,500.00 we use in refilling. Lack of price regulation.
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by oluwato69sin(m): 3:15pm On Aug 26, 2014
free2ryhme:

Our ancestors used firewords and some lived to be over 80. They neither had cancer, diabetes, etc . Now lagos state is using health grounds as a strategy to sell their gas as if na mumu we be. Oya the mugus in lagos make una dey buy gas as una like ooo

Even before the gas we still dey cook and life never became harder . Y now? Lagosians are d most gullible ever . I am 100% certain dat 98% of comments are from children living under their parents roof
ode the firewood was not in the same building except say na binukonu you dey stay ,,you fit dey light firewood for your kitchen,, see if you go reach 50

1 Like

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 26, 2014
andyallor:

is it really free?
no its not free.
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by TonySpike: 3:16pm On Aug 26, 2014
free2ryhme:

In other words, you can stick to your ancestors method then.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 26, 2014
dada01: We re overdue to start using Gas, but my old woman thinks the opposite.
"Do you want to burn down the building, don't u know it iz dangerous....."

Government should do something about that ASAP
same comment they always make. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Bawss1(m): 3:25pm On Aug 26, 2014
free2ryhme:

The hell are you talking about? Are you too slow to understand that LPG is way cleaner than Kerosene which many low income households depend on? If you want to remain in the 1800s no problem but don't advise people wrongly; LPG is not only cleaner and thus healthier, it is also cheaper in the long run.

This knee-jerk reaction of hating every initiative that comes from the government is getting old and ridiculous.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 / Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily / Custom Officials, Soldiers Raid Lagos Rice Stores. History Repeating Itself?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.