Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? (24468 Views)

Can Sexual Sins Hinder One From Getting Married? / Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? / Can The Church One Attends Hinder One From Making Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Opiosko: 11:42am On Aug 26, 2014
Blockus: Noooo!!

If not, I would be finished by now.. grin

My Mama use swear and curse scatter me. grin
Abeg tell em joor. Watin be destiny slf? i no even believe in the darn predestination of a thing.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by stagger: 11:43am On Aug 26, 2014
Tazmode: grin destiny is written. I don't think curses can hinder it.

Destiny is written, but it can be radically altered especially with curses by one's parents. It is in the bible, and I have seen living examples of both blessings and curses affecting children.

1 Like

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by DoTheNeedful: 11:45am On Aug 26, 2014
ritchboy: August 26th, 2014, and Nigerians are still talking about "old woman curse", and it's front-paged on the biggest Nigerian website...

[img]http://.net/i/148.gif[/img]

lol...u dey mind black people ? Instead of we Africans to pinch ourselves back to reality undecided,we are still talking about one curse or the other. Get intentional in everything that you do and take your destiny in your hand. If you do that and it doesn't work then come and beat me up. The fact is that many of us are lazy angry or we dont realize that life is not a bed of rose sad. As a result,we tend to blame every thing on curse,witchcraft and so on
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Doctorflaky(f): 11:45am On Aug 26, 2014
The solution to that is LOVE of God... Everything will fails, but LOVE of God never fails.

Ire oooo
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by arsetalks(m): 11:46am On Aug 26, 2014
One thing about us Christian is that some off us know how to use the bibble to suit their agenda. Some parents will quote Ephesians 6 vs 2 forgetting the vs 3 of same chapter has something for parents as well.

The curse of parents can work against the child but it is not all that. I know of a couple whose hobby is hurling curses at their own first son.

The child's offense :

He was a yahoo boy, got into a relationship with an igbo girl ( guy is Nigerian/Beninose) who they believe will take away their loyal son simply because the girl made the "mistake" of taking their son to the bank to open a bank account and they got to know through the boy's sister who is friends with the girl. This is a boy who started paying his family's bill at age 18.

They ruin their relationship with lies and counter lies and when same boy left Yahoo, they advised him not to stop telling families who are illiterate all manners of lies and if boy dares confront his so called parents, the "curse" him for lacking manners.

Same boy gave his mom 700k to open a boutique. The father went telling the extended family the boy only knows his mother and the boy got "cursed". The shop got ran aground within 6 months and when boy refused them more money, he got "cursed" and told his igbo girlfriend puts him against them.

Same parents woke up on the wrong side of the bed one day, sent their own son packing from the house when the boy has nothing again and was facing critical health conditions. His offense - he has no money to give the family as he chose not to do yahoo any more. That was a house he rented with his own money and was paying the rent of 250k every year.

When they sent the boy out of the house. He had nothing, his leg was to be operated at luth but he felt he won't be able to work as luth made it clear he will be grounded for 6 weeks and he jettisoned the idea for his own family's sake deciding to do the surgery later as though the pain in his leg caused by an injection was bearable if he does not expose himself to cold. He had nowhere to go, he went to his friend's mother ( his god mother), they accepted him but the boy's father got to know where he was, he went to the church and caused problem and the pastor of the church instructed the mother of the boy's friend to send the boy packing and they did. Yes, that happened, they knew he had no where to go and they ensured the only place he had he is not welcome there. The boy was miserable for 6 months. After 6 months one of the pastors in the church who was not aware of what had happened saw the boy and brokered "peace". Boy returned home. But this time, he has nothing to give in the way of feeding money. Before he left he was giving 1k in the morning and 1k in the night for feeding not to talk of other bills such as paying the fees of his sister in Uni, his half brother in Ilorin, his 2 other sisters in secondary school and the last boy of the family who was in primary school then.

He had to cope with all manner of discomfort but was not going back to Yahoo, he was hell bent on making money from the internet legally and was learning. 3 months after his return to the house he found out his family has not paid rent for that year and were close to been sent out. He did all he could but failed the last option was to contact his girlfriend's bother who is a footballer in India, the guy sent him some clothes to market, the cloths were given to the boy's sister to market. She misused the money, the family got evicted only for the extended family to attack the boy saying he had money but did not help his family.

The igbo girl left the boy for another girl, he got into a relationship with his childhood friend the boy's mother told him he can't marry the girl while pretending to the girl she is accepted ( she was a family friend ).

Same boy went renting a place for himself but when he discovered his family who were by now scathered about after been evicted from the previous house where not comfortable was begged by his aunty to bring the family to his own house as he had rented a 3 bed room for himself and his workers ( he is at this time doing well in internet marketing ). He did. He brought them to his new house, but the parents kept making unnecessary demands and rejecting all girls he brings while compeling him to get married ( nice combo isn't it ?)/

Fast forward 1 year later, the boy gathered money to rent a place for his family so he can be on his own. They refused, his sisters called area boys and would probably have lost his life January 8 2014 if a church in front of his house did not manage to hide him away. The boy's offense - he does not want his parents to live with him.

So you think a curse coming from a parent like this will work?

Did I make this up? No. It is a first hand account of my experience. Yes. I am the boy.

4 Likes

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by meforyou1(m): 11:47am On Aug 26, 2014
i know of a young man that was said to beat his mother in the village market. the woman cursed him that he would never give birth to a boy. the guy ended up giving birth to a dozen girls. curses from old village men and women work
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by ezeonline2(m): 11:48am On Aug 26, 2014
If the curse of a stranger can ulter one's destiny how much more of that of a parent
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by fpeter(f): 11:48am On Aug 26, 2014
Hmmmmmmmmmm, Check well if that's why your English is heartbreaking so they can reverse the curse grin

BTW, check Proverbs 26:2
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Elijah78: 11:59am On Aug 26, 2014
The bible says that God delights in being merciful. "Keeping mercy for thousands". So no curse can stand on your way.
http://www.voiceofonecrying.com/generational_sins_or_god.htm
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by seunwen2(m): 12:03pm On Aug 26, 2014
Yes
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Atmmachine(m): 12:05pm On Aug 26, 2014
Curse no dey work..

I use to go to shrines to kidnap the fowls,goats & hot drinks meant for appeasing the gods..
Why am i not dead ?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by san316(m): 12:10pm On Aug 26, 2014
In islam, obedience to parents is compulsory except in acts of disbelief. we believe that the prayers of parents for their children are answered more quickly than a person's prayer for himself. So if you anger your parent unjustifiably and they pray God to pay you back, then it'll surely meet you. May not be immediately, may even be through your children. I've heard from a colleague who told me his father cursed his sister and it affected her life until she sought his 4giveness. The man lifted the curse and things became nrmal for her. Anyway, i wouldnt advise any parent to curse their child or any child to provoke his parent.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
yes,very true
anyone can....depends on occasion
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 26, 2014
stagger:

Destiny is written, but it can be radically altered especially with curses by one's parents. It is in the bible, and I have seen living examples of both blessings and curses affecting children.
That may be true but i think whatever happens to a person, was 'bound' to happen, it was 'meant' to happen. If that person's cursed, that's part of his destiny. No one knows the future.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 26, 2014
allanphash7: if you think that curses can not hinder destiny due to the fact that it has been written, then why do you go to church or mosque to pray?
Good question. So that we don't defect from good to evil. That's unarguably a common weakness.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by shadrach77: 12:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
I used to think this is possible but Ezekiel 18 clearly tells us it's not true. Read and digest Ezekiel 18 to realise this is not true smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by ayusco85(m): 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2014
virago:

Bullcrap

go kill urself
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
donroxy: What is destiny is written ?

If you inflict pain on Innocent soul , your destiny will be edited grin to accomodate absolution of the pains you inflicted on the person !!
True, the infliction was meant to happen. God doesn't contemplate that such things could happen, He means for them to happen. That doesn't mean a person should go around hurting people physically and be singing 'it was destiny'. That's why some of us have functional brains.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 26, 2014
winiwini: who told you?!!!!!!!! aanu e se mi

Oluwa lonii mo
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
larryUG:
Guy, Destiny can be reshaped with curse or blsn. if u are a xtian, read genesis 49 vs 1. jacob called his sons and told dem to come to him so dt he will tell dem what dia future will be
Yea, but that doesn't negate the fact that whatever happened to the person after the invocation of the curse/blessing is still his destiny, i hope you get i'm saying? I'll do well to read the verses. Jacob if he truly did such, did it because God allowed it. No two ways about that
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by andyanders: 12:29pm On Aug 26, 2014
hushmail: even d curse of one who in no way related can have severe effects

d main thing z d reason behind d curse and it can pass down generations if d reason behind is deep rooted in pains and agon

You are right here.

Let it be known to those who still doubt the power of the tongue as it relates to old ones or parents.
It is written, children, respect your parents so that your days may be long. It was Isaac who blessed his children and also, any curse from him would stood against his children.

Children, note that if your parents lay a curse on you, only God and their forgiveness can remove that curse.Same goes to elderly people laying a genuine curse on someone for doing painful thing to them.

It is wrong for anyone or any child to do anything that will attract a curse from his/her parents as any curse pronounced by them must stand against the life of that child.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Opiosko: 12:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
arsetalks: One thing about us Christian is that some off us know how to use the bibble to suit their agenda. Some parents will quote Ephesians 6 vs 2 forgetting the vs 3 of same chapter has something for parents as well.

The curse of parents can work against the child but it is not all that. I know of a couple whose hobby is hurling curses at their own first son.

The child's offense :

He was a yahoo boy, got into a relationship with an igbo girl ( guy is Nigerian/Beninose) who they believe will take away their loyal son simply because the girl made the "mistake" of taking their son to the bank to open a bank account and they got to know through the boy's sister who is friends with the girl. This is a boy who started paying his family's bill at age 18.

They ruin their relationship with lies and counter lies and when same boy left Yahoo, they advised him not to stop telling families who are illiterate all manners of lies and if boy dares confront his so called parents, the "curse" him for lacking manners.

Same boy gave his mom 700k to open a boutique. The father went telling the extended family the boy only knows his mother and the boy got "cursed". The shop got ran aground within 6 months and when boy refused them more money, he got "cursed" and told his igbo girlfriend puts him against them.

Same parents woke up on the wrong side of the bed one day, sent their own son packing from the house when the boy has nothing again and was facing critical health conditions. His offense - he has no money to give the family as he chose not to do yahoo any more. That was a house he rented with his own money and was paying the rent of 250k every year.

When they sent the boy out of the house. He had nothing, his leg was to be operated at luth but he felt he won't be able to work as luth made it clear he will be grounded for 6 weeks and he jettisoned the idea for his own family's sake deciding to do the surgery later as though the pain in his leg caused by an injection was bearable if he does not expose himself to cold. He had nowhere to go, he went to his friend's mother ( his god mother), they accepted him but the boy's father got to know where he was, he went to the church and caused problem and the pastor of the church instructed the mother of the boy's friend to send the boy packing and they did. Yes, that happened, they knew he had no where to go and they ensured the only place he had he is not welcome there. The boy was miserable for 6 months. After 6 months one of the pastors in the church who was not aware of what had happened saw the boy and brokered "peace". Boy returned home. But this time, he has nothing to give in the way of feeding money. Before he left he was giving 1k in the morning and 1k in the night for feeding not to talk of other bills such as paying the fees of his sister in Uni, his half brother in Ilorin, his 2 other sisters in secondary school and the last boy of the family who was in primary school then.

He had to cope with all manner of discomfort but was not going back to Yahoo, he was hell bent on making money from the internet legally and was learning. 3 months after his return to the house he found out his family has not paid rent for that year and were close to been sent out. He did all he could but failed the last option was to contact his girlfriend's bother who is a footballer in India, the guy sent him some clothes to market, the cloths were given to the boy's sister to market. She misused the money, the family got evicted only for the extended family to attack the boy saying he had money but did not help his family.

The igbo girl left the boy for another girl, he got into a relationship with his childhood friend the boy's mother told him he can't marry the girl while pretending to the girl she is accepted ( she was a family friend ).

Same boy went renting a place for himself but when he discovered his family who were by now scathered about after been evicted from the previous house where not comfortable was begged by his aunty to bring the family to his own house as he had rented a 3 bed room for himself and his workers ( he is at this time doing well in internet marketing ). He did. He brought them to his new house, but the parents kept making unnecessary demands and rejecting all girls he brings while compeling him to get married ( nice combo isn't it ?)/

Fast forward 1 year later, the boy gathered money to rent a place for his family so he can be on his own. They refused, his sisters called area boys and would probably have lost his life January 8 2014 if a church in front of his house did not manage to hide him away. The boy's offense - he does not want his parents to leave with him.

So you think a curse coming from a parent like this will work?

Did I make this up? No. It is a first hand account of my experience. Yes. I am the boy.
Yeye marketing. With this type of mentality, your vagabond life story no go end soon. Yimu!!
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by goddaino: 12:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
my brother, dont be deceived cos it can affect you. your parents both spiritual and biological can shape or distroy your destiny.

for avoidance of doubt please read the word of God(the holy bible) ISAAC to his children(Genesis 27 vs 1-27) JACOB to his children(Genesis 49 vs 1-49) NOAH to his younger son(Genesis 9 vs 1-29)just to mention but few.
practically, watch the lifes of those their parents told with anger '' what you did to me, your children will do to you''
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by room089: 12:31pm On Aug 26, 2014
If your parent has been nice to you: playing the role of a parent to you with diligence, if he or she places a curse on you, it stands.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by allanphash7(m): 12:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
sure
Tazmode: Good question. So that we don't defect from good to evil. That's unarguably a common weakness.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by creamylicious(f): 12:34pm On Aug 26, 2014
litetias:
I think its fair to say you overstayed your welcome anyway
yeah right!!!! When one useless tradition will be insisting that you stay with them so as to earn d respect of men. I have indeed over stayed my welcome.... *iamwalkingaway*
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
Tazmode: True, the infliction was meant to happen. God doesn't contemplate that such things could happen, He means for them to happen. That doesn't mean a person should go around hurting people physically and be singing 'it was destiny'. That's why some of us have functional brains.
That is a blatant lie ... What are you thinking ?

We should be able to distant GOD from the problem we created for ourselves .......

God would have been subjective if he already destined all these vices to happened because there will be no need for anyone to go to hell since God already destined what they made happened !!

The only reason God we Judge us all in the hereafter is how you have used the consciousness(Brain/Mind) God gave to you

To lift HumanKind or Destroy/Hurt HumanKind !!
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Lilimax(f): 12:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
oyihou:
In our society today where old women are extremely envious of the young ladies, they could go as far as cursing the lady if she refuse to associate with them and to do whatever they ask of her. So most of them use that oppurtunity to curse this innocent lady.
WHO IS HE THAT SAYETH AND IT COMMET TO PASS WHEN THE LORD COMNANDED IT NOT.

ANY CURSE OUT OF WICKEDNESS BACK TO THE SENDER.

A curse has no power over the righteous
(Numbers 5:23-28).

How shall I curse whom God has not
cursed? And how shall I denounce whom the
LORD has not denounced? – Numbers 23:9.

Like a flitting sparrow, like a flying
swallow, So a curse without cause shall not
alight. – Proverbs 26:2.

I feel you. smiley
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by arsetalks(m): 12:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
Opiosko: Yeye marketing. With this type of mentality, your vagabond life story no go end soon. Yimu!!
WHATS THIS ONE SAYING?
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Lilimax(f): 12:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
otijah: I think curses can only take effect if the victim really did something abominable and outrageous. You can just come out and swear for an innocent person and expect it to work, that's a lie
So true because the Bible says that a curse causeless shall not stand
(Prov. 26:2).
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by poik(m): 12:50pm On Aug 26, 2014
I am going to tender my humble opinion here based on my little knowledge and experience with the author and implementor of destiny.

As far as it is called destiny, it is undeniable, irretrievable and inevitable. But as for delay, sure-curses and maledictions can- even to cut someone short before his time. But there is a condition- when the protective hedge of the Word of God is broken through sin.
The book of proverbs says 'Curse causeless shall not come.

What is the use of enjoying what is meant for one at 20, when one is fifty?
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by larryUG(m): 12:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
Tazmode: Yea, but that doesn't negate the fact that whatever happened to the person after the invocation of the curse/blessing is still his destiny, i hope you get i'm saying? I'll do well to read the verses. Jacob if he truly did such, did it because God allowed it. No two ways about that
I get what ur saying. buh think of dis,dia destinies have already been determined before birth, buh he changed some of dem with his words. reuben for eg. what bout ham, lots son who was cursed for exposing his father's unclothedness. what about ephraim and manasseh, wt abt esau and jacob. look,ur father has the power to bls or curse u, evn tho God will permit it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Second Coming Of Jesus Still Most Likely Between 2030-2040 AD - Don Koenig / Is Abortion Right In This Instance? / Prophet Joshua Iginla: "Nnamdi Kanu Has A Spirit In Him, Dialogue With Him Now"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.