Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? (24545 Views)

Can Sexual Sins Hinder One From Getting Married? / Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? / Can The Church One Attends Hinder One From Making Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by litetias(m): 10:29am On Aug 26, 2014
No wonder Nigeria is still backward. It's the parents fault. Always cursing the children with words like idiot, fool, you no get sense, mumu, were, ogun go kill you, thunder fire you there, shut up your smelly mouth
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by virago(f): 10:30am On Aug 26, 2014
ayusco85:

from what i know, its only ur mothers and ur fathers curse that can hinder ur destiny or affect u negatively. but a fathers curse can be broken by a man of God, even if he dies without forgiving u, but that of a mothers cant be reversed if she dies without forgiving u.

last bullet: OP hope u havent stepped on plenty toes and gotten lots of curses and u want to know if u should take the curses serious or not. make peace while they are still alive, some people are as powerful as FATE itself.

*my 2 cent*

Bullcrap
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by pauladonis(m): 10:30am On Aug 26, 2014
If anyone wants to find out, easy... Try incest and let them hear about it... The swear go take d speed of lite knock over whatever is left of such person's destiny.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by mencade5(m): 10:31am On Aug 26, 2014
litetias: No wonder Nigeria is still backward. It's the parents fault. Always cursing the children with words like idiot, fool, you no get sense, mumu, were, ogun go kill you, thunder fire you there, shut up your smelly mouth
true....some parents even call their own children goats, cow, fowl etc.

Africa na wa for una oooooo
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by goshen26: 10:37am On Aug 26, 2014
my own take on this matter is tht any child that does the will of Almighty escapes all curses, even when u commit the offence when u don't kno ur ryt from left, d moment u start doing wat God commanded in the Holy books, u r out of the curse, but if ur children derail from doing God's will, they may serve punishment except the curse is broken .

1 Like

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by holycup(m): 10:39am On Aug 26, 2014
Dnt abuse,bully,delibrately insult,provoke, fight or wish harm to ur parents or neighbours and proverbs 26:2 will be ur guide.it says....
"Curses cannot hurt you unless u deserve them.they re like birds that fly by and never settle."
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by litetias(m): 10:41am On Aug 26, 2014
mencade5: true....some parents even call their own children goats, cow, fowl etc.

Africa na wa for una oooooo
What of dirty pig, useless pikin, good for nothing, yeye pikin, empty brain
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Orikinla(m): 10:42am On Aug 26, 2014
Every curse can be cancelled by REPENTANCE and DELIVERANCE.
Only God has the final say and not any man or woman.

If you were cursed for doing anything wrong, simply repent and in true repentance God will forgive and deliver you.
Judgment belongs to God and God alone.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 26, 2014
Tazmode: grin destiny is written. I don't think curses can hinder it.
What is destiny is written ?

If you inflict pain on Innocent soul , your destiny will be edited grin to accomodate absolution of the pains you inflicted on the person !!

1 Like

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 26, 2014
ledafaze: Fact... Destiny is written but its not read only... It is read write.... It can be cancelled and rewritten either by u or someone else that has a ladder into ur spiritual life.

Proverb says death and life and in the power of the tongue and those that love it shall eat the fruit thereof... Meaning either one u want u say for itself and not only the tongue but the authority that the tongue carries. Ur Parent's is supposed to carry much than urs but another thing that can go against that is if u have a greater power within you. If its God's power, are u sure sure not going against ur parents for them to give the curse?

Whichever, the curse is supposed to have been said and taking effect and the only way is to ask for forgiveness from God and man (if they are still alive). Ask for forgiveness and renounce such curses with fasting cos u need power to remove the curse believing by grace that u shall be free.

And about God's word with respect to someone's destiny from bring truncated, it all depends... Its no more let thy will be done... It is if I want, thy will will be done. Job has a destiny for his life and he has all stand to curse God is he wants to but he CHOSE not to and the destiny came alive... So Adam and Eve... They all had a choice even though God wanted them to stay in the paradise... So its our choice that determines out destiny.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by creamylicious(f): 10:51am On Aug 26, 2014
In my late twenties and I am seriously considering leaving my parents' house, not cos of any curse buh I think there can't be two captains in a ship

1 Like

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by creamylicious(f): 10:55am On Aug 26, 2014
holycup: Dnt abuse,bully,delibrately insult,provoke, fight or wish harm to ur parents or neighbours and proverbs 26:2 will be ur guide.it says....
"Curses cannot hurt you unless u deserve them.they re like birds that fly by and never settle."
now parents capitalise on provocation. What exactly is ur definition of provocation? The incessant monitoring of marriageable kids which in turn makes d kids irritated at their parents behaviour
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by creamylicious(f): 10:56am On Aug 26, 2014
holycup: Dnt abuse,bully,delibrately insult,provoke, fight or wish harm to ur parents or neighbours and proverbs 26:2 will be ur guide.it says....
now parents capitalise on provocation. What exactly is ur definition of provocation? The incessant monitoring of marriageable kids which in turn makes d kids irritated at their parents behaviour embarassed
now parents capitalise on provocation. What exactly is ur definition of provocation? The incessant monitoring of marriageable kids which in turn makes d kids irritated at their parents behaviour
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 26, 2014
There is nothing like pre-determined destination or destiny in life. You can decide that your peak is your destiny, you are the only one stopping yourself from moving further. Curses works only on your mind, in the cosmic scheme of things it doesnt hold water. Even gravity is conquered. There is nothing stopping humans but ourselves, we have surpassed the ancient Gods already. We perfect nature, we are today"s Gods.

2 Likes

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by mencade5(m): 10:58am On Aug 26, 2014
litetias:
What of dirty pig, useless pikin, good for nothing, yeye pikin, empty brain
hahaha....i also know of this one, some parents will tell their children ''it will not be well with you''. But later they will be the one running after these children to help them.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 26, 2014
ritchboy: August 26th, 2014, and Nigerians are still talking about "old woman curse", and it's front-paged on the biggest Nigerian website...

[img]http://.net/i/148.gif[/img]

I feel your pain.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by tellwisdom: 11:00am On Aug 26, 2014
Op, your papa swear for you?? sad
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 26, 2014
musKeeto:
My reaction when I read the topic and the op..

Yup. Front page things. Gooood morning Nairaland.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by allanphash7(m): 11:05am On Aug 26, 2014
if you think that curses can not hinder destiny due to the fact that it has been written, then why do you go to church or mosque to pray?
Tazmode: grin destiny is written. I don't think curses can hinder it.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Tundeiab(m): 11:09am On Aug 26, 2014
golor: when I was very young I use to hear do not annoy any old woman be it ur grandma or any old person,that if she open her mouth to swear for u,according to them u will no longer see good until she reverse it.......but going into religious aspect,I learnt that we re created for a propose nt only that but with a genuine Destiny that we must fulfil.though sometimes it maybe delay bt not deny....
my question is can the swear (curse) of any old person or ur parents makes one not to fulfil his/her destiny at all?if yes.what about the swear of a step parents?and again is,there swear more powerful than God's word,plan and propose towards one's life?
a pleasant morning to u all.............@don Golor
Guy! I know you are referring to yourself. Go on your knees and ask for their forgiveness. It most certainly affects.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by DrCaleb: 11:15am On Aug 26, 2014
Yes it can only if the child put up with attitudes to befeat a curse.
http://www.tan.org.ng/onestar/register.php?id=169798
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by fajani(m): 11:19am On Aug 26, 2014
this is a breaking news.... 26-yr-old man crushed while watching Falconets’ match
on August 26, 2014 at 9:47 am in News
Facebook Share Twitter Share

By Samuel Oyadongha

YENAGOA — A carcrushed to death a 26-year-old boy at a popular viewing centre along Sani Abacha Road in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State capital, while he and several others were watching the Super Falconets of Nigeria and Germany Under-20 Female World Cup final in the early hours of yesterday.

The incident, which occurred at about 1.30 am triggered pandemonium at the bar some distance from NNPC filling station as fun seekers and those watching the match scampered for safety.

Most of the eyewitnesses could not explain how the driver of the Honda Sports Utility Van, SUV, crashed into the crowd of football fans and fun seekers in the bar.

The driver of the vehicle, it was learnt, had attempted to drive out of the car wash section of the bar where the vehicle was parked when it rammed into the crowd.

A customer, identified as Biggy, who escaped death by the whiskers, confirmed that the deceased used to work in a bakery.

Two other girls reportedly sustained serious injuries and were rushed to the hospital.
According to an eyewitness, “the driver must have stepped fully on the accelerator and drove straight at us. I and some other dived out of his path but the boy was unlucky.

The vehicle crushed him and dragged him into the club.” Some other persons dancing inside the club were also injured.”
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by litetias(m): 11:20am On Aug 26, 2014
mencade5: hahaha....i also know of this one, some parents will tell their children ''it will not be well with you''. But later they will be the one running after these children to help them.
There should be laws to regulate what parents say to their children. Some of the stuff is outright nasty. Scars you for life. You later repeat the nastiness on your own kids. Fact
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by litetias(m): 11:23am On Aug 26, 2014
creamylicious: In my late twenties and I am seriously considering leaving my parents' house, not cos of any curse buh I think there can't be two captains in a ship
I think its fair to say you overstayed your welcome anyway
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by komek(m): 11:28am On Aug 26, 2014
Blockus: Noooo!!

If not, I would be finished by now.. grin

My Mama use swear and curse scatter me. grin

Bros no be lie o, na so my papa go knee down dey swear for me and my siblings and that thing dey vex my mumsy no be small. After my papa go say the "leg wey fowl match him pikin no fit kill am". Meaning that those curse no fit do anything. I no dey believe that nonsense from day 1 abeg.

1 Like

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by jeamie(m): 11:28am On Aug 26, 2014
destiny can also be delayed angry angry
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Reference(m): 11:30am On Aug 26, 2014
You have to understand how things work. Man has constant inputs to his system from birth through our sensory organs, sight, hearing, taste, touch, smell. The mind processes these inputs and communicates it to the hands, feet and other organs to act appropriately. So it is important as a first step that whoever and whatever wants to influence the concluding part - acts, action, has to start by offering you inputs. As long as you can stop inputs you can control acts. If they get through your next defence is to control the way your mind processes inputs.

As Christians the Bible enjoins us to hear first and further 'renew' our minds by what we hear. Only then can we attain certain abilities and 'act' appropriately which 'justifies' is and makes us acceptable to God. It also tells us to 'flee' sensory attacks and 'guard' our mind (the door to the heart) with all diligence.

What this all means is that nothing happens to you without 'your' express permission. Thus we just cannot blame someone or something else for what happens (in a continuous tense and manner - for emphasis!!!) to us. This is the basis of God's judgement. Every man is a product of his 'thinking' because you cannot out perform your thoughts nor profit from what you donot know.

Thus if a man falls to a curse it simply means you've heard it, processed it in your mind and 'acted' it out. Similarly if a man is elevated by a 'blessing' it means he has heard it or perhaps read it, processed it in his mind and acted it out. Man is created a free mortal with no inhibitions whatsoever even from God.

No man can influence you except if you play along.

1 Like

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Opiosko: 11:32am On Aug 26, 2014
I don't believe in destiny
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Youngzedd(m): 11:35am On Aug 26, 2014
[size=20pt]YES![/size]
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Hero10001: 11:40am On Aug 26, 2014
Samiceman: "can a swear of a parent hinders one destiny" who taught you English?
Na PEJ teach am.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by GbengaPs(m): 11:42am On Aug 26, 2014
MizMyColi:
I concur cool
However we must follow and pursue peace with all men, especially our parents.
Gbam!!!!!!! I totally agree with you on that. We MUST follow and pursue peace with all men.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

People What Has Happened To Roberts Liardon The Author Of Gods Generals / Five Types Of Girls You Meet In Church / No Acceptable Reasons For Missing Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.