Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,721 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:58 AM

Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? (25169 Views)

Can Sexual Sins Hinder One From Getting Married? / Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? / Can The Church One Attends Hinder One From Making Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 26, 2014
donroxy: That is a blatant lie ... What are you thinking ?

We should be able to distant GOD from the problem we created for ourselves .......

God would have been subjective if he already destined all these vices to happened because there will be no need for anyone to go to hell since God already destined what they made happened !!

The only reason God we Judge us all in the hereafter is how you have used the consciousness(Brain/Mind) God gave to you

To lift HumanKind or Destroy/Hurt HumanKind !!
Ok, perhaps i should re-phrase. All events past, present, and future are within God's Knowledge. God Draws us towards the ultimate good, which is Him, but we tend to stray, you're correct in that respect. However, we alter our paths whether towards good or evil. Curses and blessings have a major role to play in the later alterations. But, whatever happens at the end of the day, is the destiny.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 26, 2014
The only thing that would make me believe in curses is the number of stúpid commenters I see on Nairaland. I refuse to believe such stupidity is natural. Something must have been done to them.

The other day, I watched someone actually thank another poster for sarcastically calling him a genius. I had to explain the concept of sarcasm to him. And he still didn't get it. He said, "Call it what you like!" Then started talking about Jesus, or Noah's ark or something.

2 Likes

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by brighter1: 1:15pm On Aug 26, 2014
No curse against we shall prosper ijn... If u are close to ur God u will overcome any form of delay to ur destiny
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by mrmatt(m): 1:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
golor: when I was very young I use to hear do not annoy any old woman be it ur grandma or any old person,that if she open her mouth to swear for u,according to them u will no longer see good until she reverse it.......but going into religious aspect,I learnt that we re created for a propose nt only that but with a genuine Destiny that we must fulfil.though sometimes it maybe delay bt not deny....
my question is can the swear (curse) of any old person or ur parents makes one not to fulfil his/her destiny at all?if yes.what about the swear of a step parents?and again is,there swear more powerful than God's word,plan and propose towards one's life?
a pleasant morning to u all.............@don Golor
. A CURSE CAUSELESS SHALL NOT COME
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by temitemi1(m): 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
Yes because they are our mini-gods, even d Holy Bible recognise their roles in our life.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 26, 2014
[quote author=Herbidex][/quote] Hardwork pays cool
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by SirHouloo(m): 1:31pm On Aug 26, 2014
Haven't you heard of the children of Noah after the flood? Africans are still suffering from the curse up to date. If cursed by your parent, fast and pray and consult your parent in the Lord.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by litetias(m): 1:35pm On Aug 26, 2014
creamylicious: yeah right!!!! When one useless tradition will be insisting that you stay with them so as to earn d respect of men. I have indeed over stayed my welcome.... *iamwalkingaway*
You can't please them. If you stay at home for too long tongues will start wagging, if you move out tongues will still wag.

1 Like

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by robosky02(m): 1:44pm On Aug 26, 2014
I want to start by saying the curse or blessing of a parent surely has great impact on once destiny. But it’s unfortunate that so many people despise their parents blessing and struggle in life.

No matter the “destiny” you think you have. You need their blessing

1. If they bless you. It’s like a lubricant it makes you run faster to reach your destiny.
2. But it they curse you. It will hinder you or even cut off your destiny.

However a curse without a genuine reason will not work E.g. a step parent father or mother that curses you so you don’t get better than their parent would not work. (Reject it in forcefully prayer)
Like a flitting sparrow, like a flying swallow, So a curse without cause shall not alight. – Proverbs 26:2.

However you need to understand one key element to be blessed is to honour your parent. It carries with it live and death sentence

a) Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you. Exodus 20:12

b) For God said, 'Honor your father and mother' and 'Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.' Matthew 15:4

c) "Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the LORD your God is giving you. Deuteronomy 5:16

d) Honor your father and mother." This is the first commandment with a promise: Ephesians 6:2

By all means get your parents to bless you. It is the first commandment with a promise. However the one that curses you without a reason it wouldn’t work.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Glock9(m): 1:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
You can share in their curse as long as you are linked to them by blood.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by robosky02(m): 2:02pm On Aug 26, 2014
How to live above parental curse

1) Live right with God

2) Honour your parent and let them be proud of you.
Bless them buy them the little things that will provoke then to bless you

3) Be diligent and prudent with your work

Then no cures can find a way near you.

Don’t be deceived that you a now a big boy or girl. Even if you want independence use wisdom don’t just pack out….
Because they have the potency to stop your destiny

Read proverbs
Whoso curseth his father or his mother, his lamp shall be put out in obscure darkness. Proverb 20:20

Be wise you need their blessing don’t think you are now more educated than them.
Don’t forget they washed your pampass and so have the power to put out your light (progress, increase or blessing)
But note: if the curse is based on flimsy reason it cant work
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by prettiest1(f): 2:08pm On Aug 26, 2014
golor: when I was very young I use to hear do not annoy any old woman be it ur grandma or any old person,that if she open her mouth to swear for u,according to them u will no longer see good until she reverse it.......but going into religious aspect,I learnt that we re created for a propose nt only that but with a genuine Destiny that we must fulfil.though sometimes it maybe delay bt not deny....
my question is can the swear (curse) of any old person or ur parents makes one not to fulfil his/her destiny at all?if yes.what about the swear of a step parents?and again is,there swear more powerful than God's word,plan and propose towards one's life?
a pleasant morning to u all.............@don Golor
Ephesians 6:1-3 says. Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honour your father and mother- which is the first commandment with promise- that it may be well with you.

1 Like

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by vm26: 2:10pm On Aug 26, 2014
who cn curse whom God has not cursed nad who cn denounce whom God has not denounced.it is written honor yo parents in the commandments so if u dont and they curse at u its not necessarily tht they cn manipulate yo life but its God whp will b simply putting u to yo position.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Lordwheez(m): 2:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
........if the curse like make e hinder......if e like make e no hinder..abeg,just no go offend person wey carry swear for mouth o.......swear pass swear o
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Jesuspistol(m): 2:19pm On Aug 26, 2014
golor: and again is,there swear more powerful than God's word,plan and propose towards one's life?

1)Guy its the same God's word that say 'thou shall decree a thing and it shall be established' so if u decree a curse, it shall be established. God's word supports decree. A curse is a negative decree

2)God himself is a curser, he cursed Adam, eve and d snake. He also told Abraham that whoever blesses him shall be blessed and whoever curses him shall be cursed. God also cursed Cain. So if God curses, we little gods too can curse. Curse is real

3)It was Elisha's curse that brought leprosy on Nahman

4)It was Elijah's curse that made a dog feast on Ahabs dead body

5)Reuben though d 1st born was cursed by his father for defying his father's bed

6)If Curses do not affect destinies then the bible won't say "Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law"

7)So parental curses are very real and can affect ur destiny. U originate from their being, remember?
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Jesuspistol(m): 2:25pm On Aug 26, 2014
Tazmode: grin destiny is written. I don't think curses can hinder it.

See you.

So those mad men and women on the streets, its their written destiny to be mad, right?
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Blockus: 3:04pm On Aug 26, 2014
ritchboy: August 26th, 2014, and Nigerians are still talking about "old woman curse", and it's front-paged on the biggest Nigerian website...

[img]http://.net/i/148.gif[/img]

I am in Tears... I dunno if its your comment or the fact that I am a Nigerian..

2 Likes

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
Jesuspistol:

See you.

So those mad men and women on the streets, its their written destiny to be mad, right?
If your question were rational, i'd manage to answer.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by ayobase(m): 3:34pm On Aug 26, 2014
oyihou:

Numbers 23:19

God is not a man, that he should lie;
neither the son of man, that he should
repent: hath he said, and shall he not do
it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not
make it good?

IF YOU CONCUR THAT IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS IT'S SIMPLY YOUR BURDEN TO BEAR.

dey there dey form scriptures o.

na after u don CRAM the while books of Psalm to reverse the curse ur parents issued u go know sey God sef dey support some curses.

continue quoting scriptures without doing what the Scriptures ask u to do o.

1 Like

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 26, 2014
@OP

It can do you anything. It is word of mouth.

Please, I need curses! Curse harming people is total BS!
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 26, 2014
@op what about d child/children cursing d parents? Can dat hinder their own prosperity?....curses r bullshevik
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Jesuspistol(m): 4:17pm On Aug 26, 2014
Tazmode: If your question were rational, i'd manage to answer.

LMAO. Do you knw d dictionary meaning of "rational"? Anyway guess you 1 of them. You just aren't on the streets yet. Kpele
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
Jesuspistol:

LMAO. Do you knw d dictionary meaning of "rational"? Anyway guess you 1 of them. You just aren't on the streets yet. Kpele
Hmm, kids of nowadays grin . They'l grow sha
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Missmossy(f): 4:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
I really dislike any bad prayer or curse so i'd do everything possible to avoid it.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by tete7000(m): 4:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
Curse well deserved can cause havoc in a person's life
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Jesuspistol(m): 4:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
Tazmode: Hmm, kids of nowadays grin . They'l grow sha

K. I guess you're fulfilling ur written destiny. Its such a funny destiny though. I shouldn't be helping you fulfill it. I'm out. Good luck
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
hushmail: even d curse of one who in no way related can have severe effects

d main thing z d reason behind d curse and it can pass down generations if d reason behind is deep rooted in pains and agon
Trash and nonsensically nonsense.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by ItzDavid(m): 5:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
Beta wake up and tighten ur belt curses can perfectly hinder one destiny but i pray our destinies will be fulfilled (AMEN)
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by ItzDavid(m): 5:04pm On Aug 26, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church / Dr Fireman Poster On All Hot Girls In Lagos / Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.