Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Ogun State Development. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ogun State Development. (26297 Views)

Delta State Development Masterplan (proposal) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun State Development. by Sirniyeh(m): 7:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
duni04:
Many talking ignorantly about debt. When we don't know how finance, debt and money work, its hard to hold our leaders accountable. People should realise that these states borrow because of their high IGR'S not inspite of the high IGR's. When they borrow money, they hedge the money against the income they expect to earn within the framework or tenure of the debt. Lenders dole out loans to states that are capable of repaying such loans. Lagos for instance has hedged its 25 billion naira infrastructure bond against its monthly IGR. Its as simple as a student on a 20k allowance taking out a 60k loan to buy a phone and promising to hedge the loan against his allowance so that 10k is deducted from his allowance by the lender every month so that in 6 months he would have paid back the loan and still have plenty of money to spend.
This Means the debt is serviced by monthly deductions from the states IGR. Since the IGR is statutory and seldom declines but instead increases, the state will have no problems servicing its debt.
Infrastructure financing through debt is pure common sense. No contractor is going to wait for a state to collect its IGR monthly before getting paid for a job. Its only logical for states seeking to fund high capital projects to seek loans in lump sums and hedge against expected revenue.
If south west states are the heaviest borrowers, there are two implications:
1. They generate the highest IGR's hence the willingness of borrowers to allow them hedge their loans against the states' revenues.
2. They're the only states embarking on heavy capital intensive projects which require bulk financing and hence cannot be undertaken with federal allocations or covered entirely by their IGR's.

I'm aware most SW states use their federal allocations just to pay salaries of public workers. They finance capital projects with their IGR's through debt financing. Other regions in Nigeria in contrast are solely dependent on meagre federal allocations.
God bless you for the clear explanation. More oil to your brain lol

9 Likes

Re: Ogun State Development. by roufy235(m): 7:54pm On Aug 26, 2014
good
Re: Ogun State Development. by allanphash7(m): 7:57pm On Aug 26, 2014
where did you hear such his mission is to Re build and he's giving it
adeoladrg: Gov Amosun's first Agenda was quality and affordable education.

Pls what do we have?
Re: Ogun State Development. by allanphash7(m): 8:00pm On Aug 26, 2014
within three years of governance and this development has come, pls what did the silly PDP and foolish Gbenga Daniel did för 8yrs? anyone who criticise SIA is an enemy of progress

5 Likes

Re: Ogun State Development. by ogtavia(m): 8:03pm On Aug 26, 2014
Show me the smiling faces of people,real pictures,real smiles nt bought/paid/money surgery smiles...real smile..dts true development,until I see it...hehehe,he never start.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Development. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
ramzylipi: Abeg, ds man is too much,,, Ajimobi construct 1 overhead bridge in Oyo state, we no rest, d bridge is not even up to half of the one at oke-ilewo sef. I couldn't even recognise abk when I got dr last month after just a year +, ride on jare, 2nd term sure for u like ur grave

Ajimobi has allowed petty politics to derail him.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Development. by Gbawe: 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
duni04:
Many talking ignorantly about debt. When we don't know how finance, debt and money work, its hard to hold our leaders accountable. People should realise that these states borrow because of their high IGR'S not inspite of the high IGR's. When they borrow money, they hedge the money against the income they expect to earn within the framework or tenure of the debt. Lenders dole out loans to states that are capable of repaying such loans. Lagos for instance has hedged its 25 billion naira infrastructure bond against its monthly IGR. Its as simple as a student on a 20k allowance taking out a 60k loan to buy a phone and promising to hedge the loan against his allowance so that 10k is deducted from his allowance by the lender every month so that in 6 months he would have paid back the loan and still have plenty of money to spend.
This Means the debt is serviced by monthly deductions from the states IGR. Since the IGR is statutory and seldom declines but instead increases, the state will have no problems servicing its debt.
Infrastructure financing through debt is pure common sense. No contractor is going to wait for a state to collect its IGR monthly before getting paid for a job. Its only logical for states seeking to fund high capital projects to seek loans in lump sums and hedge against expected revenue.
If south west states are the heaviest borrowers, there are two implications:
1. They generate the highest IGR's hence the willingness of borrowers to allow them hedge their loans against the states' revenues.
2. They're the only states embarking on heavy capital intensive projects which require bulk financing and hence cannot be undertaken with federal allocations or covered entirely by their IGR's.

I'm aware most SW states use their federal allocations just to pay salaries of public workers. They finance capital projects with their IGR's through debt financing. Other regions in Nigeria in contrast are solely dependent on meagre federal allocations.

The illiterate rabble-rouser is too 'thick' to even have an inkling of what you are talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State Development. by JerryJude(m): 8:34pm On Aug 26, 2014
OP how much did amosun (witch in igbo lang.) pay u to upload all dis pix... u no get work.. goto places like Olambe, Matogun, Oke-aro Adiyan and Ijoko and see wether Amoseun is worthy to be called a Gov. u go Abeokuta and Ojodu go snap fine house for there cum dey upload mtcheeew

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State Development. by omololu2020(m): 8:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
Swizdoe: All this apc goons believes is called infrastructural developments are roads...... If that is to be the case, them GEJ is the most performing office holder in Nigeria ( if you think I am lying, go and check the road networks in abuja, then you will know that SW govs are learners)
am not sorry to say dis,,u r so daft,,GEJ has more money at his disposal dan d whole of d 6 south western state,,fink b4 u typ,,wich state r u even from sef,,,i can bet my money,dia z ,more industry in ogun state dan ur state
Re: Ogun State Development. by phyla(m): 8:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
duni04:
If you're threatning to vote out someone who has done so much for and hasn't stolen anything and replace him with someone that will loot your state blind, who will lose? Amosun? He'll go back to his successful business and enjoy his government pension. You on the other hand will bear the consequences of voting in a thief .
so Amosun has not stolen anything?You think they(Governors) go directly to CBN to withdraw money ni?1billion naira for 1km road is good investment abi.I wonder why people decide to get ensnared in this process of looting state treasury.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Development. by fm7070: 8:50pm On Aug 26, 2014
most politician always do well in the first term
i just hope they will do better in the second term in office
Re: Ogun State Development. by Sagamite(m): 8:55pm On Aug 26, 2014
Atouke: Amosun has borrowed $116 million dollars in his first term if given a second term the debt profile of ogun state will be at over $400 million. You should ask your self is what is on ground in ogun state worth all these loans that Amosun has borrowed?

He an his family will run to london after his tenure expires and the good people of Ogun state will be stuck with the debts which their kids and future generations will have to work pay taxes to pay for amosun loans.

Say no to debts, say no to Amosun Second term agenda

You are a cretinous person!

Who told you that all the debt borrowing was under his term?

6 Likes

Re: Ogun State Development. by alobam1: 8:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
And yet Osoba and co would not let this man be..APC behaving just like PDP..Birds of the same feather
Re: Ogun State Development. by readone1(m): 9:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
Atouke: Amosun has borrowed $116 million dollars in his first term if given a second term the debt profile of ogun state will be at over $400 million. You should ask your self is what is on ground in ogun state worth all these loans that Amosun has borrowed?

He an his family will run to london after his tenure expires and the good people of Ogun state will be stuck with the debts which their kids and future generations will have to work pay taxes to pay for amosun loans.

Say no to debts, say no to Amosun Second term agenda
You better wake up from your slumber if truly you want good governance this is practical good governance at its peak the current administration is putting infrastructure in place or do you think infrastructure comes on a platter of gold desist from politics of them say and embrace development my may look into the dept profile of Dangote the richest man In Africa or look at that of the great USA you will be amazed say no insecurity and wasteful spending posed by politician like OGD

4 Likes

Re: Ogun State Development. by seguno2: 9:04pm On Aug 26, 2014
DMilanista: Dat's a big fat lie. A larger chunk of d debt was inherited from OGD administration. I remember then when Amosun came in, Daniel claimed he left a debt of about N50bn which Amosun countered, that d debt was like close to N90bn. So get ur facts right Mr!

Atouke even forgot to include the local debts.

BTW, did Fashola also inherit Lagos huge debt from past PDP governor, which keeps growing despite transformed IGR of N20 billion monthly?

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Development. by Gbawe: 9:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
alobam1: And yet Osoba and co would not let this man be..APC behaving just like PDP..Birds of the same feather

Believe me, Osoba is just a bitter old man and an egotist who refuses to be reasonable. Osoba and others like him are merely beefing Amosun because he has no time for politics of patronage and just wants to get on with his job of leading Ogun State. Alas, every Party has 'throwbacks' like Osoba who can never 'chill' in the interest of what is best for the people. Amosun will overcome because he is, all things taken into account, a very good Governor. Certainly one of the top 5 in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Ogun State Development. by DMilanista: 9:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
seguno2:

Atouke even forgot to include the local debts.

BTW, did Fashola also inherit Lagos huge debt from past PDP governor, which keeps growing despite transformed IGR of N20 billion monthly?
Lagos ain't my business man. I'm not here for some hate wars. Party ain't my biz. That's one of d things drawing us back in dis country. Our sense of thinking has been configured into a PDP/APC schism that we tend to lack a sense of sound judgement.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Development. by biafranqueen: 9:15pm On Aug 26, 2014
adeoladrg: Gov Amosun's first Agenda was quality and affordable education.

Pls what do we have?
Hosing Housing Housing Mall for Housing Hosing Contd... grin

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State Development. by Atouke: 9:20pm On Aug 26, 2014
borrow borrow makes Amosun blee....p! can he build a gutter without borrowing? thats my question.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State Development. by omoajiri(m): 9:31pm On Aug 26, 2014
I lived in Lagos and it was my tertiary education that took me to Ogun state. I gained admission into Olabisi Onabanjo university and for 8 consecutive years the then Gov. OGD couldnt conduct just 1 convocation due to the debts just that school owes talkless of the whole state.
Amosun came in and cleared all of that. The reforms and developments are there for us all to see. Now I don relocate with my family to Ogun state and trust me I can personally identify up to 12 different families who arent from Ogun but has also relocated to Ogun state within the last 2 years.
SIA till 2019

5 Likes

Re: Ogun State Development. by ajanlekoko0105(m): 9:35pm On Aug 26, 2014
Atouke: Ogun is the 4th most indebted state in Nigeria. are those open gutters being constructed worth $116million?
Then what do you say to OGD that incurred a debt of over 50bn and nothing to show for it?
Re: Ogun State Development. by skkutty: 9:38pm On Aug 26, 2014
Bulk of the funds Ogun State is using for these projects come from those of us leaving in Mowe/Ibafo/Magboro axis. Since we work in Lagos and live in this area, our tax is domiciled in Ogun State. Despite this there is no single government precence in this part of the State. The roads are very very bad. I have only had light in my area for four hours since the begining of the year.

Governor Amosun should please look into this area of the State. We contibute our tax to the State and therefore deserve Govt precence

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Development. by Ariyke: 9:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
Whosoever that want this man out come 2015 will continue to live in suffer ness mtchew enemies of progress

Anyways I was in abeokuta today and the driver that brought me back said nobody can challenge Amosun come 2015 and that's what others are saying

Am not in support of any party bt good governance

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State Development. by Atouke: 9:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
Amosun has borrowed so much with so little on ground to show. Say no to debt, say no to Amosun second term

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State Development. by poiZon: 10:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
Obiagelli:
if you want to discuss poverty and roofs, why not open another thread for it, the title clearly reads development, except people/government is building homes with brown roofs then you are nothing but a troll here.

Its a pity i reported you since morning and nothing has been done about.

Mynd44, seun.

so na una dey report person abi?

continue.
Re: Ogun State Development. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 26, 2014
APC is working.... my state is moving

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Development. by Rufex07(m): 11:03pm On Aug 26, 2014
Atouke: Amosun has borrowed so much with so little on ground to show. Say no to debt, say no to Amosun second term

I have carefully read your rants and just the same point you keep hammering on. Someone said you should provide proof that Amosun borrowed that money, you've got none. Let me ask you, if someone borrows money and uses it for development that will last for posterity and some one who borrows to embezzle, which will you prefer? Whatever that guy has done for Ogun State is there for you to see. I schooled in Ogun State during Daniel's time, but when I got back to Abeokuta recently and many parts of the State, they were sites to behold. Is America not owing close to $16 trillion? Oga, please park well. Even if he embezzles after completing those massive construction he embarked on, I bet not many people will talk about it. Meanwhile, na money we dey take find money. Don't be surprised if by next 4 year that the IGR of the State quadriple. Business men borrow to make more money.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State Development. by obatreasure: 11:04pm On Aug 26, 2014
With the level of developments going on in the state, I was forced to go to my employer in port harcourt to remit my tax to the state. Because I want to be a partner in the good works of the Governor. Yes, the constitution says you pay tax to the state you leave.

Bi won ti e dibo, Amosun, Oti wo le.......

His Second Term Tenure Is Secured, PDP would not be able to defeat him next year.

Meanwhile................Jonathan till 2019.[/b][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Development. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
I rep ogun state
Re: Ogun State Development. by HandOfChukwu: 11:15pm On Aug 26, 2014
I'm not impressed
Re: Ogun State Development. by Gbawe: 11:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
omoajiri: I lived in Lagos and it was my tertiary education that took me to Ogun state. I gained admission into Olabisi Onabanjo university and for 8 consecutive years the then Gov. OGD couldnt conduct just 1 convocation due to the debts just that school owes talkless of the whole state.
Amosun came in and cleared all of that. The reforms and developments are there for us all to see. Now I don relocate with my family to Ogun state and trust me I can personally identify up to 12 different families who arent from Ogun but has also relocated to Ogun state within the last 2 years. SIA till 2019

Man mi, you tell the undiluted truth as obtains on the ground. I come from a big and highly dispersed traditional Ogun State family with many members in the UK. A lot of my older relatives and Uncles who have done well in the UK professionally ,heading back home, are shunning Lagos to be based in Ogun State even as many of them were Lagosian with Ogun State origin when they left Nigeria.

All of them consistently argue that Ogun State is the next big thing given the way Amosun is leading the State. No-brainer really. Proximity to Lagos, tonnes of opportunity, much cheaper real estate, lower operational business cost and , the icing on the cake, an administrator doing the hard work to make Ogun State attain its potentials. The diasporans are the hardest to convince because they are cynical, ultra-careful and pragmatic. If they have bought into what Amosun is doing then that tells a lot.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Development. by willibounce1(m): 11:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
The man is doing what he is paid to do. In fact he hasn't done nada. Nigerian ppl should wake up and stop this rubbish praise singing.

Tackle this politicians and force them to do their jobs. They are not using their personal money but your money. Wake up ppl and stop behaving like bush ppl. The very simple way to expose these leaders is to take pictures of public schools in their states, then you will knw that all this roads and bridges are nothing but 'washing and setting'

Ask them why their children don't attend public schools. For a nation to grow, they must focus seriously on education, agriculture and good health care. And I can't see these cunning leaders doing any of these.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps / Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India / Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Week 8)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.