Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,773 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:26 AM

Ogun State Development. - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ogun State Development. (26482 Views)

Delta State Development Masterplan (proposal) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun State Development. by anag0900: 6:24am On Aug 28, 2014
BigBen10:

nawa o. Abuja road network has been in place even before GEJ became president. so to now imply that because he is president that he built the road network is a fallacy.

I don't know why you are aggressive anyway

he is a brainwashed igbo-la.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Development. by Nobody: 6:26am On Aug 28, 2014
The houses I saw on those pictures are they for the poor in the state or the minimum wage earners or for his' political cronies.
we need more of low income earners housing estate Like 1 bedroom flat, room and parlour and maximum two bedroom flat. 3 bedroom flat and above are for high income earners.
Good work anyway, hope you will work better when you are re-elected because history has shown and it is still showing that governors work better in their first tenure than second tenure. Ask people of PHC with Ameachi etc.
Re: Ogun State Development. by knowledge4(m): 4:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
The pictures are real,very real.
I am resident in Ogun State,and know where many of the projects are, particularly the roads.
Massive reconstruction is going on in many sectors, not limited to roads and housing
One wonders why the previous governments could not achieve same result with the resources
After all the Amosun Govt did not get the resources from the moon. It has always been there.
Amosun, the Peoples' Governor,ride on.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Development. by adebrave1(m): 9:27pm On Aug 29, 2014
chrisbaba1:

O warrant e pa. Have u been home recently? have u asked the people of Ogun how they are faring under this administration. Mark my words you will get few people who will say Amosuns tenure hasnt brought great good, even greater than Gbenga daniels first term (if u remember)

Am so Sure you are an APC member, Am an indigene of Ogun state, Ijebu to be precise, Only a dullard like you will compare Daniel's first term with Amosun's first term. The different is million different. Amosun administration is all about roads, Na roads I wan cook for pot? Bros don't be use by POLITICIANS wise-up.
Re: Ogun State Development. by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 30, 2014
adebrave1:

Am so Sure you are an APC member, Am an indigene of Ogun state, Ijebu to be precise, Only a dullard like you will compare Daniel's first term with Amosun's first term. The different is million different. Amosun administration is all about roads, Na roads I wan cook for pot? Bros don't be use by POLITICIANS wise-up.

You call me a dullard to justify your point. Obviously you my friend are no sensible individual to converse with, wats so difficult in talkin without abusing. Id let this slide cos ur ijebu. God bless
Re: Ogun State Development. by adebrave1(m): 8:36am On Aug 30, 2014
chrisbaba1:

You call me a dullard to justify your point. Obviously you my friend are no sensible individual to converse with, wats so difficult in talkin without abusing. Id let this slide cos ur ijebu. God bless

Didn't mean that just a normal way to conversate Here! Shalom!!!!
Re: Ogun State Development. by poiZon: 2:04pm On Sep 05, 2014
duni04:
Many talking ignorantly about debt. When we don't know how finance, debt and money work, its hard to hold our leaders accountable. People should realise that these states borrow because of their high IGR'S not inspite of the high IGR's. When they borrow money, they hedge the money against the income they expect to earn within the framework or tenure of the debt. Lenders dole out loans to states that are capable of repaying such loans. Lagos for instance has hedged its 25 billion naira infrastructure bond against its monthly IGR. Its as simple as a student on a 20k allowance taking out a 60k loan to buy a phone and promising to hedge the loan against his allowance so that 10k is deducted from his allowance by the lender every month so that in 6 months he would have paid back the loan and still have plenty of money to spend.
This Means the debt is serviced by monthly deductions from the states IGR. Since the IGR is statutory and seldom declines but instead increases, the state will have no problems servicing its debt.
Infrastructure financing through debt is pure common sense. No contractor is going to wait for a state to collect its IGR monthly before getting paid for a job. Its only logical for states seeking to fund high capital projects to seek loans in lump sums and hedge against expected revenue.
If south west states are the heaviest borrowers, there are two implications:
1. They generate the highest IGR's hence the willingness of borrowers to allow them hedge their loans against the states' revenues.
2. They're the only states embarking on heavy capital intensive projects which require bulk financing and hence cannot be undertaken with federal allocations or covered entirely by their IGR's.

I'm aware most SW states use their federal allocations just to pay salaries of public workers. They finance capital projects with their IGR's through debt financing. Other regions in Nigeria in contrast are solely dependent on meagre federal allocations.

good explanations, but wait o hw abt lekki tolled road? why didnt the state govt apply same solution than concessioning it to private company thereby directly making the govt and citizens under slaves that will last for 30yrs?
Re: Ogun State Development. by poiZon: 2:19pm On Sep 05, 2014
willibounce1: The man is doing what he is paid to do. In fact he hasn't done nada. Nigerian ppl should wake up and stop this rubbish praise singing.

Tackle this politicians and force them to do their jobs. They are not using their personal money but your money. Wake up ppl and stop behaving like bush ppl. The very simple way to expose these leaders is to take pictures of public schools in their states, then you will knw that all this roads and bridges are nothing but 'washing and setting'

Ask them why their children don't attend public schools. For a nation to grow, they must focus seriously on education, agriculture and good health care. And I can't see these cunning leaders doing any of these.
Re: Ogun State Development. by poiZon: 2:27pm On Sep 05, 2014
wristwatch:

What has PDP done to offer pipeborne water for the citizens? Pls mention one PDP gov who is currently or in d past carried out the programme

donald duke, go to cross river state u will be amazed by constant water supply. am not from thr though but can attest to that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dorcas Shola Fapson Arrests Taxify Driver, Henry Chukwuemeka, To Meet In Court / The World’s Most Liveable Cities For 2024 / See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.