Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,670 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

APC Crisis : Ikimi Leaves APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Crisis : Ikimi Leaves APC (1463 Views)

Tom Ikimi Arrested By EFCC - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Overthrew Shagari Over $2.8b Oil Scam: Tinubu Wants APC VP Slot – Ikimi / Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Crisis : Ikimi Leaves APC by kaeycea(m): 12:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
Tom Ikimi
By Chuks Okocha
The crisis rocking APC since its national convention in June this year that brought John Oyegun as national chairman worsened as one of the national chairmanship aspirants, Chief Tom Ikimi, has announced his withdrawal from APC.
In a statement obtained by THISDAY, Ikimi said, "I have made the decision to withdraw my membership from the All Progressives Congress (APC) from today, 27th August 2014".
Details later

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/breaking-news-apc-crisis-ikimi-leaves-apc/187389/
Re: APC Crisis : Ikimi Leaves APC by lakpalakpa: 12:52pm On Aug 26, 2014
kaeycea: Tom Ikimi
By Chuks Okocha
The crisis rocking APC since its national convention in June this year that brought John Oyegun as national chairman worsened as one of the national chairmanship aspirants, Chief Tom Ikimi, has announced his withdrawal from APC.
In a statement obtained by THISDAY, Ikimi said, "I have made the decision to withdraw my membership from the All Progressives Congress (APC) from today, 27th August 2014".
Details later

Kilode??

grin grin
Re: APC Crisis : Ikimi Leaves APC by lakpalakpa: 12:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
Meanwhile if truly he leaves then i'll say good riddance to bad rubbish.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: APC Crisis : Ikimi Leaves APC by PointB: 12:54pm On Aug 26, 2014
It's not surprising.

When one man - Tinubu, single-handedly handpicked party chieftains, ensuring only those loyal to him get important position, while overlooking many who have sacrificed for the party, this is the consequence.

Question now is: Where does Chief Tom Ikimi go from here? Return to his vomit - the PDP, or becomes a roaming political vagabond, a mercenary for hire?

4 Likes

Re: APC Crisis : Ikimi Leaves APC by Iluvberem: 1:00pm On Aug 26, 2014
lakpalakpa: Meanwhile if truly he leaves then i'll say good riddance to bad rubbish.

Okpo

Otu nne gi

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis : Ikimi Leaves APC by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
PointB: It's not surprising.

When one man - Tinubu, single-handedly handpicked party chieftains, ensuring only those loyal to him get important position, while overlooking many who have sacrificed for the party, this is the consequence.

Question now is: Where does Chief Tom Ikimi go from here? Return to his vomit - the PDP, or becomes a roaming political vagabond, a mercenary for hire?

Let him go back and be doing sir,sir for Thief Tony Anenih....who is now the Generalissimo and Godfather Plenipotentiary to GEJ

Tom Ikimi doesn't have any political bloc he presently controls with which he can use to threaten anyone politically

Na only him go waka go....
Re: APC Crisis : Ikimi Leaves APC by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 1:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
Dem don de go one by one
Re: APC Crisis : Ikimi Leaves APC by PointB: 1:15pm On Aug 26, 2014
soroptimist:

Let him go back and be doing sir,sir for Thief Tony Anenih....who is now the Generalissimo and Godfather Plenipotentiary to GEJ

Tom Ikimi doesn't have any political bloc he presently controls with which he can use to threaten anyone politically

Too bad for him. The guy should have just stayed in PDP. I saw him then as a decent fellow. But well, wetin concern me self.
Re: APC Crisis : Ikimi Leaves APC by BlackPeni5: 1:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
kaeycea: Tom Ikimi
By Chuks Okocha
Details later

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/breaking-news-apc-crisis-ikimi-leaves-apc/187389/

How can today be 27th August 2014...Him dey resign from future?

2 Likes

Re: APC Crisis : Ikimi Leaves APC by vislabraye(m): 1:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
It's been long since I heard about Tom Ikimi. The big black man from APC na Tom Tom na me be Tom Tom.
Re: APC Crisis : Ikimi Leaves APC by PointB: 1:37pm On Aug 26, 2014
BlackPeni5:

How can today be 27th August 2014...Him dey resign from future?

That's called tomorrows news today! ThisDay is now NextDay! cheesy cheesy
Re: APC Crisis : Ikimi Leaves APC by BishopJuice: 1:39pm On Aug 26, 2014
lakpalakpa: Meanwhile if truly he leaves then i'll say good riddance to bad rubbish.

Look at this tout.
Re: APC Crisis : Ikimi Leaves APC by Goddex: 1:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
[size=16pt]No well-meaning Nigerian should remain in the APC.

You made the best decision uncle Ikimi. Like Ribadu and many others, I hope to see you join hands with President Jonathan to move the country forward.

[/size]
Re: APC Crisis : Ikimi Leaves APC by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
PointB:

Too bad for him. The guy should have just stayed in PDP. I saw him then as a decent fellow. But well, wetin concern me self.

Truth be told since he played a despicable role in the truncation of the 93 Election of Abiola wherein as the Chairman of the NRC which lost the election by aligning with the military regime of IBB and later Abacha

And the odious act he did trying to justify the murder of the Ogoni-9 under Abacha as the Foreign Minister......Chief Tom Ikimi destroyed whatever claim he might have as a democrat

He has always been a conservative and believes in aligning with the powers that be. That was why he was never interested in building any political structure that he can always leverage on to negotiate respect and power anywhere as a Tinubu is wont to do

He and others( like Atiku and so many others who were Atiku supporters then ) were deliberately forced out of PDP by Obasanjo who contrived a party member re-verification exercise so as to whittle down the number of delegates that are sympathetic to Atiku in the event that Atiku contests the ticket with anyone OBJ might support then( though Atiku sensed this and left for AC then) and they were deliberately not re-registered

Hence Ikimi would never have left PDP because he( with all due respect to him) doesn't possess the DNA of someone who can stay on the sidelines for long without the tempting allure of oil bloc allocation,contracts and membership of boards and committees which the PDP always use to gratify and empower its members

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis : Ikimi Leaves APC by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 26, 2014
Good riddance

APC is Waxing Stronger

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis : Ikimi Leaves APC by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 26, 2014
soroptimist:

Absolutely correct. Tom Ikimi has no political value. He's sooooooo overrated

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis : Ikimi Leaves APC by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 26, 2014
whatlyf: Absolutely correct. Tom Ikimi has no political value. He's sooooooo overrated

What use is a man who doesn't control any Governor,House of Reps members,House of Assembly,Senators,Party Excos from ward,LG,state to National

A man who with his body language can't influence his loyalist( if he has any) which path to tow at any given point in time?

Tom Ikimi can not add even a thousand more voters to what APC would ordinarily get,and whoever that will vote for APC wont do so because he asked them to
Re: APC Crisis : Ikimi Leaves APC by LFJ: 3:55pm On Aug 26, 2014
Goddex: [size=16pt]No well-meaning Nigerian should remain in the APC.

You made the best decision uncle Ikimi. Like Ribadu and many others, I hope to see you join hands with President Jonathan to move the country forward.

[/size]

Only a fo.ol will not see PDP as party of criminals.
Re: APC Crisis : Ikimi Leaves APC by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2014
soroptimist:

What use is a man who doesn't control any Governor,House of Reps members,House of Assembly,Senators,Party Excos from ward,LG,state to National

A man who with his body language can't influence his loyalist( if he has any) which path to tow at any given point in time?

Tom Ikimi can not add even a thousand more voters to what APC would ordinarily get,and whoever that will vote for APC wont do so because he asked them to
So on point. Ikimi will need to dobale for Tony Anenih in PDP

(1) (Reply)

Tom Ikimi’s Letter To APC Chairman On Why He Left / World Health Organization Declares Nigeria Ebola Free.. / Professor Oyebode need to go On Sabbatical Leave to ugrade his skill-Ademusiwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.