Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Women Who Don't Sleep Around Before Wedding Have Happier Marriages- But Men Can - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women Who Don't Sleep Around Before Wedding Have Happier Marriages- But Men Can (1052 Views)

8 Places Where Men Can Get A Wife Material In Nigeria. / THREAD For Those Who Don't Have A Val / I Hate Men Who Sleep Around Anyhow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Who Don't Sleep Around Before Wedding Have Happier Marriages- But Men Can by Onilaiscool(f): 6:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
Women who don't sleep around before wedding have happier marriages - but men can play the field without worry, study finds

Researchers from the University of Virginia said sex with many different partners was 'risky' if that person is looking for a high-quality marriage in the future.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2733220/Women-don-t-sleep-wedding-happier-marriages-men-play-field-without-worry-study-finds.html#ixzz3BWNPgPDr

53% of women who had slept only with husband felt satisfied in marriage
Dropped to 42% if woman had more than 2 partners and 22% if more than 10
Sex with many different partners 'may be risky' if wanting a happy marriage
Those with more partners struggled because they are aware of alternatives

Women who have several sexual partners before getting married have less happy marriages - but men do no harm by playing the field,a study has found.
According to new research by the National Marriage Project, more than half of married women who had only ever slept with their future husband felt highly satisfied in their marriage.
But that percentage dropped to 42 per cent once the woman had had pre-marital sex with at least two partners. It dropped to 22 per cent for those with ten or more partners.
But, for men, the number of partners a man they appeared to have no bearing on how satisfied they felt within a marriage.
Researchers said the study showed that sex with many different partners 'may be risky' if the woman is in search of a high-quality marriage.
It concluded: 'Remember that what you do before you say 'I do' seems to have a notable impact on your marital future. So decide wisely.'
The findings were published in 'Before 'I Do': What Do Premarital Experiences Have to Do with Marital Quality Among Today’s Young Adults?', published at the University of Virginia.
The report, by Galena K Rhoades and Scott M Stanley, said the first conclusion of the study was that 'What happens in Vegas doesn’t stay in Vegas'.
It means our past experiences, especially when it comes to love, are linked to our future marital quality, they said.
The researchers said those who had more partners perhaps find it difficult to commit to their spouse because they were aware of the alternatives.
They added that more experiences of breaking up can give people a 'more jaundiced view of love' which could affect future relationships.
The report said: 'Many in Generation YOLO (you only live once) believe that what happens while you’re young won’t affect your future. But our research paints a different picture.
'This doesn’t mean that sex before marriage will doom a marriage, but sex with many different partners may be risky if you’re looking for a high-quality marriage.'

More...
I stayed friends with Fergie after divorce 'for sake of family', reveals Prince Andrew
'Carole has shunned her own family... she is even grander than the Queen': Middletons under attack as grandmother of the future king is accused in an extraordinary outburst by her own goddaughter
It continued: 'Having had more relationship experiences prior to marriage also means more experience breaking up.
'A history of multiple breakups may make people take a more jaundiced view of love and relationships.'
The study also found that couples who had more than 150 guests at their ceremony had the greatest marital quality down the line.
Re: Women Who Don't Sleep Around Before Wedding Have Happier Marriages- But Men Can by Onilaiscool(f): 6:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
cool TeamVirgin

1 Like

Re: Women Who Don't Sleep Around Before Wedding Have Happier Marriages- But Men Can by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
Seun we need virgins section on NL sad
Re: Women Who Don't Sleep Around Before Wedding Have Happier Marriages- But Men Can by Tallesty1(m): 6:58pm On Aug 26, 2014
Onilaiscool: cool TeamVirgin
I hear. Make I suspend for air if you are virgin.
3cycle: Seun we need virgins section on NL sad
Yea.... Thats right and my grandma will be the MOD
Re: Women Who Don't Sleep Around Before Wedding Have Happier Marriages- But Men Can by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
Tallesty1: I hear. Make I suspend for air if you are virgin.
Yea.... Thats right and my grandma will be the MOD
Preferably your mum undecided
Re: Women Who Don't Sleep Around Before Wedding Have Happier Marriages- But Men Can by durella4(m): 7:11pm On Aug 26, 2014

Me too

#Team virgin till marriage#
Re: Women Who Don't Sleep Around Before Wedding Have Happier Marriages- But Men Can by dBard: 7:46pm On Aug 26, 2014

Have u been banned again? ?
How can someone so cool end up getting banned so often? ??
Re: Women Who Don't Sleep Around Before Wedding Have Happier Marriages- But Men Can by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 26, 2014
The validity of this research is doubtful as the socio-cultural perspective or even the racial import to this study was not analysed thus generalizing its significance is quite premature.

1 Like

Re: Women Who Don't Sleep Around Before Wedding Have Happier Marriages- But Men Can by Onilaiscool(f): 7:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
dBard:

Have u been banned again? ?
How can someone so cool end up getting banned so often? ??
not everyone is gonna like me tongue
Re: Women Who Don't Sleep Around Before Wedding Have Happier Marriages- But Men Can by OohMpa: 8:00pm On Aug 26, 2014
Stop making girls hoard pünny. If you wan hoard your own, we got no problem with that

If you don't, your hymen will remove next time you wan shït angry

1 Like

Re: Women Who Don't Sleep Around Before Wedding Have Happier Marriages- But Men Can by dBard: 9:58pm On Aug 26, 2014
Onilaiscool: not everyone is gonna like me tongue

I like u
#teamvirginOnila.
Re: Women Who Don't Sleep Around Before Wedding Have Happier Marriages- But Men Can by Onilaiscool(f): 11:16pm On Aug 26, 2014
dBard:

I like u
#teamvirginOnila.
awww thanks smiley

luv u
Re: Women Who Don't Sleep Around Before Wedding Have Happier Marriages- But Men Can by dBard: 7:32am On Aug 27, 2014
Onilaiscool: awww thanks smiley

luv u

cool
Onilaiscool: awww thanks smiley

luv u

(1) (Reply)

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ / empty / True Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.