Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,451 members, 7,958,351 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:54 PM

N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister (25524 Views)

Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister / Nigerian Health Minister Says N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others / First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by EasternLeopard: 12:19pm On Aug 27, 2014
So no money was set apart to find cure to Ebola

3 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
In naija when they say money has been earmarked to buy cars, it means

' the money Don loss' grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
me1234: What kind of a country is this for God sake?
Boko haram & Ebola type ni grin

2 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by allanphash7(m): 1:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
i can see dat Ebola Jonathan is surrounded wit bastard, wat about the allcotation given to health ministry prior ebola outbreak

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by willycrown: 1:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
Maybe the people that say Nigeria is beyond redemption are right after-all. Painful, so painful
Rays123: Amidst angry reactions trailing the unavailability of the N1.9 billion released by President Goodluck Jonathan for the management of Ebola, the Health Minister, Onyebuchi Chukwu, has denied the money was for the management of the virus.
Mr. Chukwu’s denial came Tuesday despite an official statement from the federal government to the contrary.
On August 8, at the peak of the Ebola crisis, the president, in a press release signed by Reuban Abati, announced the release of N1.9 billion as a Special Intervention Fund for the management of Ebola.
“President Jonathan also approved a Special Intervention Plan and the immediate release of N1. 9 billion for its implementation, to further strengthen on-going steps to contain the virus such as the establishment of additional isolation centres, case management, contact tracing, deployment of additional personnel, screening at borders, and the procurement of required items and facilities.
“The President commends the vigilance of aviation and health authorities in Lagos who identified and isolated the index case in Nigeria, the late Patrick Sawyer, an American-Liberian who flew into the country,” the statement read.
On Tuesday, however, Mr. Chukwu denied that the money was released for the management of Ebola. The Minister of Health said the money was approved for the Ministry of Health.
“The N1.9billion approved by the president was for the federal ministry of health. It is not for Ebola fund. It will be used to procure more vehicles for working which have been ordered. It would be used to procure more drugs that have been ordered…and other items.
“In the case of Lagos state, after the president met commissioners of health, the president then asked the minister of health to discuss with the technical people and money has been approved for Lagos state,” he said.
He further stated that though the world is at risk, the federal ministry of health is ready to face any outbreak.
“Excellence is a journey, it’s never a destination. The federal ministry of health is ready to face any outbreak.
“Every country and every citizen of the world remains at risk but Nigeria is on top of the situation so we don’t want people to panic. We should be in charge but not panic” he said.
The Lagos State government had complained that it did not receive the funds released for the management of Ebola despite being the epicentre of the management of the infection in the country.
https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/167335-nigerian-health-minister-says-n1-9-bn-ebola-fund-will-be-used-for-cars-others.html

4 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by priscaoge(f): 1:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
Something is wrong somewhere. These people are not telling us the truth. If GEJ didn't release any money now they will start insulting him,now that some amount of money has been released,see the kind of LONG story they are telling us. Nigeria I hail thee!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by POG007: 1:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
okay
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 27, 2014
Sports cars abi Porsche Cayenne ?

4 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Kirinwa: 1:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
drsteroid: I believe Nigeria is winning this war against ebola.This is one of Goodluck's major achievement as a president.kudos 2 him,our honourable Minister of health n Nigerians.If we support d govt in other aspects of d economy just as we all supported in the management of ebola,d country wil be beta 4 all 2 liv

You are very foolish if you think the threat of ebola is over.
There is what is called Budget allocation for different ministries of which they could use to buy cars if that's what they need.

NoW this money was given specifically for checking the ebola epidemic only for this useless Minister to divert it for another use altogether announcing that there's no new case of ebola so they should now shut all isolation centres abi?

I wish EBOLA will catch this man so that he will understand the implication of what he just did! angry

13 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Burger01(m): 1:34pm On Aug 27, 2014
This minister Chukwu should simply be relieved of his post. He is very inept. angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by olapluto(m): 1:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
Pepper don rest for directors in ministry of health. Plus some junior officers who soji too. 1.9Billion going....going....gone!

3 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by room089: 1:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
Nigerians are trying to save their properties in a burning house, but chukwu is busy chasing rats in the burning house!

Which way Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 27, 2014
Dibiachukwu: Nigerians pray to your Jesus

And Mohammed now.

Where the hell are they?

Why haven't your miracle pastors cured ebola?

Pray hard, maybe jesus would hear and come and save you.

crazy people.

Believe it or not, we still enjoy this special grace of God. Yes, our God is not sleeping and He is on top of the situation.

@Chukwu, go ahead and buy as many cars as are needed, you are all a bunch of thieves and it's your time to enjoy-your days in office are so numbered. Just stop giving the other African countries the impression that you and your ogas at the top are on top of the situation because you are not!

Don't let them start crossing our porous borders in search of help that we can't render! This was the same way LabaRam Maku said we were ready for ebola when we didn't even have a single isolation center in naija.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Worksunlimited: 1:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
Sometimes i wonder why sawyer didnt carry the ebola virus to aso rock, infecting the president and his extended cabinet first angry, before we the masses.. undecided Make dem sef know as e dey feel for body.. sad

11 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by nigerianvenom(m): 1:42pm On Aug 27, 2014
berem: what kind of comment is this biko? Same thing they told us we shouldn't panic about Boko Haram that terrorists are everywhere. We have seen the result today as Boko Haram have started hoisting flags and daring Federal Government.

I feel like slapping Onyebuchi Chukwu right now! I don't know why Jonathan is surrounded by mad,useless and incompetent people which makes him no exception. Chai!!

U are never always objective in what u write.where did boko haram dat is been sponsored by ur leader hoist the flag?
Why not face what u read and tackle it accordingly?
Why always exhibit ur stup1dity?
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Dee60: 1:44pm On Aug 27, 2014

Me sef, I wonder o!

The English dictionary has to find a new definition for clueless!

4 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by GeneralShepherd(m): 1:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
Sincere9gerian: What is wrong with this minister of health? Why not use the funds to set up world class isolation centres with well trained staff for hemorrhagic diseases or other highly infectious deadly diseases in select existing FG tertiary hospitals? Why not use part of the funds to support research on ebola and other hemorrhagic diseases? What about procurement of adequate barrier nursing tools and PPE in the existing in the hospitals? This minister should better get his acts together.

I guess the minister made this pronouncement because he feels the current outbreak of ebola has been effectively contained, but while that maybe true, we should begin now to prepare for the next outbreak of ebola, other hemorrhagic diseases or any other highly infectious and deadly disease. We should be proactive for once.

Sincere9gerian adigo mma

1 Like

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by GeneralShepherd(m): 1:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
Obiagelli: i have learned never to trust anything FG. Apc does little and make plenty noise about it while PDP does nothing and even make more noise than the APC.

APC is worse abeg, infact the new Sincere9gerian has won me over to side of pdp

2 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Balley(f): 1:54pm On Aug 27, 2014
I pray say ebola go catch dis yeye minister....
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
Lawlessness.

This man is a criminal.

Una don see today, abi? I've been saying it since. People have been complaining since. He lies and lies and lies.

No hope.

4 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by sunsas(m): 1:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
Which one are they planning to buy again o, is it bomb proof or bullet proof car? Hmmmm... Their rise God ooo

2 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by simplyOJ(m): 1:57pm On Aug 27, 2014
Am sure the money is already been depleted. It's a slush fund. Nigeria officials getting rich from supposed crisis situation since time immemorial.

4 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Btruth: 1:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
berem: what kind of comment is this biko? Same thing they told us we shouldn't panic about Boko Haram that terrorists are everywhere. We have seen the result today as Boko Haram have started hoisting flags and daring Federal Government.

I feel like slapping Onyebuchi Chukwu right now! I don't know why Jonathan is surrounded by mad,useless and incompetent people which makes him no exception. Chai!!

angry angry
When we talked say that President naa Jonathan, some people go dey rant. Se o tan, tabi ko tan? Aran won lo ntan. Committe of mad people.

2 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Sylverbox(m): 2:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
For the first time they are coming out straight to tell us they are buying themselves new bulletproof vehicles. We are expecting to see them grace the streets of abj soon.

3 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by IykeChukz(m): 2:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
Nna, Otu nne gi wo...
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Brush1: 2:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
Dear God, Please give Nigeria good hearted and honest leaders. cry

2 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by blaise26abj(m): 2:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
RockMaxi:

I hope I am not reading the article upside down, what happened to the Health ministry's budget prior to Ebola outbreak. Vehicles and drugs that have been ordered angry angry,

That ,my brother, is a serious question. The ministry has a budget, u get additional special funds for an epidemic. You are saying it is for vehicles, drugs...and other things. What was the Gaddem budget for in the first place?

I have said it and I will say it again. We should all thank God the outbreak was in Lagos. A state with competent professionals. Else...Na die we for all dey

10 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by kunlesehan(m): 2:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
obailala: Not long ago, health practitioners and relatives of the ebola victims complained that the so called 1.9billion did not get to the ebola treatment centres and some self appointed govt defenders foolishly accused every media body which carried the news as being sponsored by APC.

Now if this report by the health minister is true, then it's another exposure on the foolishness of some ordinary Nigerian individuals who have placed a burden upon themselves to defend the evils of the federal government even in situations when the FG does not need their services.

Very sane and sound post.
spot on

6 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
Which one would be used for research? angry lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Lucasbalo(m): 2:13pm On Aug 27, 2014
Cesspool of corruption.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NAFDAC Declares State Of Emergency On Bleaching Among Nigerians / Ways You Make Yourself Look Older Than You Are / Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.