Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,859 members, 7,821,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year (19028 Views)

International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year / Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary / Lagos To Join Oil Producing State By 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by Tmtn: 1:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by wellmax(m): 1:28pm On Aug 27, 2014
That will be good for Nigeria, and I hope it brings good with it.
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by debbie(f): 1:34pm On Aug 27, 2014
This is a good news....but on the other hand,its so sad how we Nigerians are only interested in oil.
When other countries are discovering other means of sustaining their economy to boost their production and develoment,we are jubilating when a state or community declares they have found oil....what is happening now is that most countries will gradually stop the official buying of our crude oil,especially America and some european countries.Right now, America is increasing its oil RESERVE for the next 20 to 30 years time,because they have future projection....what are we doing?.

I ask,what will happen when our export rate falls,how will the economy grow....yes, it may improve our local market.but aside that what else do we have to offer the outside world.
Please never bring in politics to my comment....i based my point on the general notion which is what we are facing now.

The young ones are not even helping matter,they feel when its time i will join in the league and "EAT MY OWN OIL MONEY".
In the next 10 years,if nothing is done Nigeria will as a whole suffer it..

But thanks to all those who are going back to the FARM.....keep it up and i pray more improvement will come in

NOTE- DON'T QUOTE ME FOR ANY SARCASTIC COMMENT,YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by Firefire(m): 1:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
Great! grin

Good News for the Center of Excellency, more money for real development and to settle the huge debt sad

1 Like

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by asodeboyede(m): 2:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
Amadupeke!
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by Dharhe(m): 2:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
No place like mah eko,fashola 4 2nd nd 3sd semester in office cool
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
Some people will start crying over this piece of news. Yorubas are blessed

5 Likes

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by desirewhet(m): 2:07pm On Aug 27, 2014
Hmm, Badagry.....I hope the town gets more developed wit the oyel tin.... So many good tins has eluded this town over the years! I only pray the projects gets to commence soonest, so as to brings noticeable changes. No b by reading it on d news alone ooo, let d project execution too b speedy
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by room089: 2:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
Time for the Alayes to relocate from parks and on the roads.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by asodeboyede(m): 2:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
debbie: This is a good news....but on the other hand,its so sad how we Nigerians are only interested in oil.
When other countries are discovering other means of sustaining their economy to boost their production and develoment,we are jubilating when a state or community declares they have found oil....what is happening now is that most countries will gradually stop the official buying of our crude oil,especially America and some european countries.Right now, America is increasing its oil RESERVE for the next 20 to 30 years time,because they have future projection....what are we doing?.

I ask,what will happen when our export rate falls,how will the economy grow....yes, it may improve our local market.but aside that what else do we have to offer the outside world.
Please never bring in politics to my comment....i based my point on the general notion which is what we are facing now.

The young ones are not even helping matter,they feel when its time i will join in the league and "EAT MY OWN OIL MONEY".

But thanks to all those who are going back to the FARM.....keep it up and i pray more improvement will come in

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by asodeboyede(m): 2:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
debbie: This is a good news....but on the other hand,its so sad how we Nigerians are only interested in oil.

Haha! Can't believe I just COATED you twice! Mo ma ko nko ke....

2 Likes

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by Edmanpumpin(m): 2:19pm On Aug 27, 2014
The operators should please do a detailed enviromental study and environmental impact assesment. AJE a gbe wa o! Eko oni baje, Ile Oodua oni baje!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by Airforce1(m): 2:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
more money for tinubu and his apc loyalists to steal if we do not show them the "exit" door before production commences

Gej till 2019

3 Likes

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by Okudiover(m): 2:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
tongue tongue tongue tongue More deportation to follow.
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by ruggedboy01: 3:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
Oil ke palm oil ni
Mtcheeeeeeew
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by larryUG(m): 3:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
Obiagelli: the more reason to keep the PDP out of Lagos.
but lagos doesnt own d oil nah? have u fgtn the oil belongs to the nation not the state? and that the FG(pdp) will gv lagos derivatives from the oil. they(pdp) may even redraw the boundaries(just like they did in rivers and crosriver giving ogoni oil to bayelsa). so Dear, pdp or no pdp, the only way apc can control dt money is if they r at the centre(FG), odawise they ccan only take wt the allocation committe gvs to them, of which the allocation may be suspended(obj did it to tinubu, though lagos will still survive without the oil)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by samexlafaze: 3:46pm On Aug 27, 2014
Obiagelli: the more reason to keep the PDP out of Lagos.

Must you put politics in everything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
samexlafaze:
Must you put politics in everything.
this is the politics section.
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by mightycrown1(m): 3:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
long live Nigeria!!!
long live Lagos!!!
long live Badagry!!!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by aljharem(m): 4:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
Apc it is time to expand grin grin grin

Ole grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by samexlafaze: 4:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
Obiagelli:
this is the politics section.

Saw it on FP
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by bolajialuku(m): 4:07pm On Aug 27, 2014
What a blessed land nigeria is,our problem is just our corrupted leaders
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 27, 2014
samexlafaze:
Saw it on FP
sorry about that, i didn't know it go to the FP.
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by samexlafaze: 4:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
Obiagelli:
sorry about that, i didn't know it go to the FP.
No p
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by vicadex07(m): 4:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
Chest beating go reduce...

1 Like

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by Decryptor(m): 4:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
All i see if this comes to fruition is Oil omoniles with AK-47s killing people because of oyel grin grin Eko ni bad jest ooo
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by emmysoftyou: 4:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
wow ....it s a gudnews for nigerian graduates to be employed there....

But wait o,it s also a bad news because house payment/rent will rise frm normal masses payment to a capitallist payment because oil is in lagos...
Go to ph and see wat they re passing thru bc the state is an oil producing state including imo......

Well i trust yorubas....if they skyrocket thep price of commodity...

Dem go shout, yes dem go tok, yes dem go shout bc the love anythin that s very cheap to buy....
And a new found oil wont stop my lovely yoruba pple frm protestin any smell of inflation
God bless omo bariga
God bless lagos
God bless jonathan and nigeria....

3 Likes

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by jaybee(f): 5:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
Donmarrius: Congratulations!!!
This is good news for Lagos.it will add to her already booming economy.

Please,i hate those,who hates good news!

larryUG:
but lagos doesnt own d oil nah? have u fgtn the oil belongs to the nation not the state? and that the FG(pdp) will gv lagos derivatives from the oil. they(pdp) may even redraw the boundaries(just like they did in rivers and crosriver giving ogoni oil to bayelsa). so Dear, pdp or no pdp, the only way apc can control dt money is if they r at the centre(FG), odawise they ccan only take wt the allocation committe gvs to them, of which the allocation may be suspended(obj did it to tinubu, though lagos will still survive without the oil)

Its very unfortunate for many Nigerians, they don't understand the meaning of oil producing state.

Fields like Aje and Ogo where oil is discovered in commercial quantity offshore Lagos are in deep offshore in waters greater than 1000 meters depth. These are outside the state waters. The state will only be entitled to oil/gas derivation revenue only when the producing field is within the 200m water depth level. Every thing after that is considered outside the state, and so wholly belong to the federal government.

Lagosians may have to wait a bit longer to start jubilation over any oil derivation monies.

1 Like

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by eunisam: 5:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
flowjoe: Waoh ..
U guys shud wish me HBDD grin
HBDD

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Some Successful Businesses Fold Up After The Demise Of The CEO? / Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 / MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.