Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,363 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year (19024 Views)

International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year / Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary / Lagos To Join Oil Producing State By 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by erico2k2(m): 5:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
SMALLPENIS: atleast, Niger Delta no go dey pose again

PS; 2nd to comment
I'll like to thank God, the nairaland crew and family,
and last but not least, my smallpenis, for its wisdom grin
Now the people on that Area are doomed .they will face polutted water.sand and air.the fg would take over cos as things stands oil production is for federal not state abi?

1 Like

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by erico2k2(m): 5:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
Firefire:
Great! grin

Good News for the Center of Excellency, more money for real development and to settle the huge debt sad
U forget say oil nah fedral govt property?u will still understand why ND are fighting for state control

1 Like

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by Raypawer(m): 5:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
sartorius:
   “An initial field production rate of approximately 10,000 barrels of oil per day is anticipated. Solution gas will be used as fuel. Drilling and completion operations are expected to commence in Q1 2015, with FPSO installation in mid-2015. 

them want join as oil producing state by force... Imo State Has Oil, Anambra State has oil (and even Exploring), and now Lagos want to start exploring...

its not who has and who explores his!

if this Lagos of a place was that fruitful in terms of oil, Exxon Mobil would have remained there, Chevron that first bought share there would have not sold their shares... but the fact remains that this tiny oil is being exaggerated.

At Ibeno, Exxon Mobil Produces a minimum of 1 Million Barrel of crud oil in 24 hrs on a bad weather, but on a good weather, it springs up to 2 million barrel of Crud oil a day. and that's just one local Government in Akwa Ibom, and only 16 oil wells are being drilled from among all the oil wells in that Local Government....

Even Total (Yoruba man company) are trying to work something out here at Eket, leaving his own home!

so Lagos drilling of 10,000 barrel of oil is like a toy, and that why you cant get big guns in there!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by flowjoe: 6:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
eunisam: HBDD
Thanks uncle Sam smiley
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by adekennis(m): 6:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
I'm sure we are ready for oil spill?
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by adekennis(m): 6:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
I did
debbie: This is a good news....but on the other hand,its so sad how we Nigerians are only interested in oil.
When other countries are discovering other means of sustaining their economy to boost their production and develoment,we are jubilating when a state or community declares they have found oil....what is happening now is that most countries will gradually stop the official buying of our crude oil,especially America and some european countries.Right now, America is increasing its oil RESERVE for the next 20 to 30 years time,because they have future projection....what are we doing?.

I ask,what will happen when our export rate falls,how will the economy grow....yes, it may improve our local market.but aside that what else do we have to offer the outside world.
Please never bring in politics to my comment....i based my point on the general notion which is what we are facing now.

The young ones are not even helping matter,they feel when its time i will join in the league and "EAT MY OWN OIL MONEY".
In the next 10 years,if nothing is done Nigeria will as a whole suffer it..

But thanks to all those who are going back to the FARM.....keep it up and i pray more improvement will come in

NOTE- DON'T QUOTE ME FOR ANY SARCASTIC COMMENT,YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by dayosaurus(m): 6:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
Sadly lagos state would get nothing from it.. FG would take over completely. It's better they do not start the exploration. Lagos is polluted enough, we don't want more.. shocked angry sad

3 Likes

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
EbiJUNIRO: Whr dem get d oil from to emerge as oil producing state, na dream?

nah reality. Besides... Wake up frm ur dream bro. 2 much of sleep is not gud
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 27, 2014
Raypawer:

them want join as oil producing state by force... Imo State Has Oil, Anambra State has oil (and even Exploring), and now Lagos want to start exploring...

its not who has and who explores his!

if this Lagos of a place was that fruitful in terms of oil, Exxon Mobil would have remained there, Chevron that first bought share there would have not sold their shares... but the fact remains that this tiny oil is being exaggerated.

At Ibeno, Exxon Mobil Produces a minimum of 1 Million Barrel of crud oil in 24 hrs on a bad weather, but on a good weather, it springs up to 2 million barrel of Crud oil a day. and that's just one local Government in Akwa Ibom, and only 16 oil wells are being drilled from among all the oil wells in that Local Government....

Even Total (Yoruba man company) are trying to work something out here at Eket, leaving his own home!

so Lagos drilling of 10,000 barrel of oil is like a toy, and that why you cant get big guns in there!

Enemy of progress. Whether u like it or not, Lagos will become an oil producing state.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by mandax: 6:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
Oh LAWD, let this be true, so that splitting Nigeria into peaceable countries becomes easier.

1 Like

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by TundeCole(m): 7:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
heart attack looming for some people... but to add salt to injury, massive oil in Ogun state awaiting full scale exploration soonest, ondo already an oil producing state, Gold in Ibadan awaiting excavation... make i pause for here... i no fit SHOUT Joooooooooooor.... O'dua a gbe wa oooooooooo................................................................ cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by Raypawer(m): 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
wristwatch:

Enemy of progress. Whether u like it or not, Lagos will become an oil producing state.

Lol... am not saying it will not join.. it will only join the team Nigerian 20% oil producers (ogun, Imo, Anambra, Cross River) + anticipating Lagos.

it can't be among the big guns team 80% oil producing states (Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta)

Ask yourself Why a major oil coy didn't care to explore at the so called Lagos oil?? even ExxonMobil that cited its office at Lagos are scrambling for oil wells to rent in Akwa Ibom and Rivers State. so its just a hype.

Anambra has been exploring and drilling, we heard no noise, now Lagos wants to over hype their tiny ......
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by Benwems(m): 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2014
[quote author=koboko69][/quote]
Mumu. Lagos was the federal capital territory hence many companies and embassies opened and operated business there. Any other states can achieve what lagos is today if it was fed. Capital territory. Plus it more the military that build most of the major roads in lagos. Even IBB built 3Rd mainland bridge

1 Like

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by emilaiyemi: 8:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
As an indigenous lagosian I really hope they find no oil. Lagos is already overpopulated and polluted by human waste. We do not need oil spills to add to that. I can imagine the levels of asthma and other lung diseases of the future generations of Lagosians. Irrespective of tribal origin all true lagosians at heart say no to this environmental disaster!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by engrsyer(m): 10:13pm On Aug 27, 2014
Are u sure is not Bonga Oil field in the deep sea of the Niger Delta they tapped that oil from that they are claiming to have. Besides i expect another militant group in Lagos if it is true that they've found oyel. Iprayoo.

1 Like

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by coolme434: 10:28pm On Aug 27, 2014
Hmmmm.....Nigerians suffering in d midst of plenty
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by JuanDeDios: 10:43pm On Aug 27, 2014
UnknownT: When oil is found in other geopolitical zones, then all d zones will now join d southsouth in agitating for 50% oil deriavation. But now, most of d zones are against it cos they are not involved
The SW has never been against the SS's aspirations.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by JuanDeDios: 10:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
emilaiyemi: As an indigenous lagosian I really hope they find no oil. Lagos is already overpopulated and polluted by human waste. We do not need oil spills to add to that. I can imagine the levels of asthma and other lung diseases of the future generations of Lagosians. Irrespective of tribal origin all true lagosians at heart say no to this environmental disaster!
I agree. I have always thanked God there is no oil in my village.

1 Like

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by macof(m): 10:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
Na Oil go kill una.
Better don't put the Badagry people in bad conditions with this upcoming land ravaging

Lagos state government has treated them badly enough.

We don't want Niger delta wahala reenacting itself in Ile-Oodua

#Eledumare bless the land of Oduduwa

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by taufiqkay(m): 11:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
[quote author=CocoaMerchant][b]Nice One

More Money Fun Awon Vultures

Meanwhile................Jonathan Till 2019.

In your dreams abi?
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by houseoftuition: 1:38am On Aug 28, 2014
You can now get Chartered from the comfort of your own house at www.IcanLectures.com.ng Even if you are new to the Curriculum,with no previous knowledge, it is our diligent commitment and promise to you, that nevertheless, YOU WILL PASS.

Stay in the comfort of your home or office and we'll bring you as perfect an understanding as is humanly possible.
Give us a try and see that these are no mere words.

Regards
The IcanLectures.com.ng Team
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by goksongold(m): 5:14am On Aug 28, 2014
Lobatan! ANI EKO BAJE TI SE.
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by larryUG(m): 8:07am On Aug 28, 2014
jaybee:

Its very unfortunate for many Nigerians, they don't understand the meaning of oil producing state.

Fields like Aje and Ogo where oil is discovered in commercial quantity offshore Lagos are in deep offshore in waters greater than 1000 meters depth. These are outside the state waters. The state will only be entitled to oil/gas derivation revenue only when the producing field is within the 200m water depth level. Every thing after that is considered outside the state, and so wholly belong to the federal government.

Lagosians may have to wait a bit longer to start jubilation over any oil derivation monies.

Exactly Ma, dt is wt i was tryna explain to d lady who thot the oil belongs to lagos state.
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by ooshinibos: 10:32am On Aug 28, 2014
This is What Governor Agagu could have done for ondo state ..but he chopped all the money and refuse to tap the oil of Ondo state
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by smartg(m): 12:45pm On Aug 28, 2014
Lagos will soon have indigenous militants and terrorists.
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by Louislewis: 1:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
Una dey happy for Lagos! Don't worry. Dat thing wen Niger Deltians dey see, una go see am soon. Water turned oil. No more fishing! No more farming!! No good water to drink!!! etc.

1 Like

Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by Desola(f): 7:56pm On Aug 28, 2014
Sad sad news. The wiping away of Lagos indigenes has begun.

Now Lagos truly becomes a no man's land.
Re: Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year by NewNigeriaMind: 10:02am On Aug 29, 2014
Desola: Sad sad news. The wiping away of Lagos indigenes has begun.

Now Lagos truly becomes a no man's land.

Desola I don't understand this post. If the oil is in Badagry offshore, I don't see how anybody can wipe out the Aworis and Eguns in babdagry.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Skill Acquisition: Help My Sister Suggest A Good Skill To Learn. / Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 / Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.